BDO

BDO Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Register (Former Employee), Rio de Janeiro, RJJanuary 5, 2014
My days working for BDO was the best ones in my life. I had great responsabilities and I learned so much with others. Work with children and teenagers was the best part of this too, we learn a lot about life and childhood.
BDO
Recruiting Senior Associate (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PADecember 23, 2013
Great place to work and the company really seems to care about the people.
International CPA firm
CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 24, 2013
Good place to get a lot of audit and tax experience for a new graduate. International firm but local offices focus on mid to large companies so junior accounting staff are exposed to a variety of audit and tax issues.
Productive and fun workplace with rewards for hard work.
Auditor (Current Employee), Johannesburg, GPOctober 1, 2013
Pros: -drinks on fridays to catch up with colleagues. - social events now and then.
Cons: tight deadlines.
-A typical day at work requires me to engage with my audit staff, strategizing on how to achieve daily goals with the prospects of completing audit engagement within the required period of time.
-More than anything, I have learnt on how various companies operate due to the exposure to various industries, as well as how their systems operate.
-I have – more... learnt to work with people from different backgrounds and those with different behaviours. Managing juniors has also been a skill that I developed as senior.
-The hardest part of the job is meeting tight deadlines when clients require their statements to be drafted.
-The enjoyable part of the job is having to interact with different people and different companies on each and every audit, as well as working in a team. – less
PRODUCTIVE AND WORKPLACE
Sales Officer Trainee (Current Employee), VARANASISeptember 25, 2013
Pros: na
Cons: no long hours
PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE,PR,GOOD RURAL & URBAN NETWORK,PAINTER ACTIVITIES,PAINTER MEETINGS,LEARNING MARKET,DEMAND GENERATER
Fast- paced, exciting
HR Administrator (Former Employee), GatwickAugust 27, 2013
I completed a 2 month work placement as a HR Administrator. I worked as part of the HR Services team; on a variety of projects. This role helped me to develop my data input and communication skills.
BDO was a great place to work
Senior Server & Storage Engineer (Former Employee), LondonAugust 24, 2013
I have many fond memories of my time at BDO. It was a great place to work.
Consultant (Former Employee), Moscow, IDAugust 23, 2013
BDO in Russia is a leading national audit and consulting group of companies, and is a member of BDO – the fifth-largest (in terms of total revenues) network of independent audit and consulting companies worldwide, employing almost 55,000 people in 139 countries.
Great job to start off
Tax Associate (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEAugust 12, 2013
BDO is a great place to start your career. They are great for work/life balance and a flexible working schedule.
A+ workplace
Bankruptcy Accountant (Former Employee), Dallas, TX 75201July 30, 2013
Pros: enjoyed working as a member of national accounting firm
Cons: commute
I was a member of their bankruptcy department and left as a team due to closing our department.
Great place to start career
Assurance Associate (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 18, 2013
Pros: learning how to audit financial statements
Cons: long hours and uncomfortable physical work environment (sometimes)
Most of what I learned from accounting was from my time as an auditor with BDO.

Teamwork was a big part of all the audit teams, working under stressful deadlines, and working with clients. This job was an amazing learning experience and was a great first step in the financial world
Great working environment with stellar employees.
Exec Asst to Tax Reg Mgn Partner/Brd of Dir Member (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJune 25, 2013
I have been with BDO for almost 6 years and enjoy working here very much.
Dinamic environment
Analyst - Professional Services (Current Employee), Santurce, PRJune 7, 2013
Great commodoties that keep you motivated to do your work. Work is exciting and there is always something new. Working long hours are not a problem, they try to make it as comfortable as possible for you (free lunches and dinners).
Outgoing, innovative, very challenging company. with high expectations and fun work place
Filling Clerk (Former Employee), San Juan, Puerto RicoMay 6, 2013
Pros: very liveral work place and co-workers where always willing to lend a hand
Cons: management team was to busy to hear employees positive views for growth and service improvement
Great co-workers every body is willing to help others, the management crew was very positive in seeing progress and achievements with quality work. My day's at work were challenging, fun, every day a new task and goal.

There where no hard days, except for the tax seasson. I loved the job and all the people within it. It was a great experience, I learn – more... allot related with the accounting area. Every day goal, achievements and fun times with good people. – less
Growing Pains
Associate (Current Employee), McLean, VAApril 30, 2013
Pros: pays above average
Cons: terminations without communicating with the survivors.
BDO is on the fast track to become a big company. They are actively acquiring firms with little or no regard to the culture or success of the company they acquire. The operating budget post-acquisition is so close to the bone they won't spend a penny on anything from pens to heating/ac. They monitor every moment, every penny and would rather control – more... than promote. The result is a culture that is oppressive, negative and with no incentive. – less
BDO Summary
Assurance Associate (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 9, 2013
BDO is a good organization to work for if you are pursuing a career as a CPA. The firm encourages and assists their employees to obtain their CPA or higher education.
Tax Filling Clerk (Former Employee), North Parktown, GautengJanuary 9, 2013
Key Performance Indicators
. Attend to incoming mail from SARS on a daily basis.
. Daily capturing of all incoming mail on ACCFIN including IT34 assessments during peak periods.
. Distributing of mail to tax admin consultants.
. Timeous processing of receipts from SARS (payments on accounts and provisional).
. Ensure all incoming correspondence and – more... documents are filed on a regulary basis and kept up to date (safekeeping of information).
. Efficiently filling system-ensure filing is kept in files and filed correctly.
. Easy information retrieval with regards to client info and documents. (Metro files).
. Ensure that requested information/files are delivered on time and efforts to locate miss placed/filed documents.
. Assisting staff on retrieving files and documents. – less
Depends on who you work with
Tax Manager (Former Employee), San Francisco, CANovember 1, 2012
Stress rolls downhill to managers
Some partners better organized than others
If I can start over, I would never come work here!
Tax Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 3, 2012
The work hours is very long, a lot of time including weekend. People I worked with was great but the management was bad, no communication between all levels. You don't learn much from your superior. They do mico management on all staff everyday and the work distribution between staffs are very uneven. Some people might have all the chargeable hours – more... and some may have nothing to do. Not much of cultural environment within the company. The managers and partners won't appreciate you even if you do extra work then other people. Even if you are the only one help out when everyone else don't wanna help at all. There is no group spirit because they know no one will appreciate your hard works! – less

July 2, 2013

The firm is poorly managed by regional operations leadership. Regional operations leadership cares more about the dollar than their employees and what attributes their employees contribute. They provide no training to the office managers/administrators nor do they provide any guiadance on the firm's policies because they don't know themselves. They throw the managers out to the wolves to fend for themselves. It's a sink or swim atomosphere with no support at all from operations leadership. They don't care at all about office managers/administrators and provide no help at all when it's needed. They are not accountable for anything and place blame on others. They treat the office managers/administrators very poorly and set you up to fail. It's a real shame the CEO isn't aware of how bad regional leadership is.

tight scheduled work place
consultant (Former Employee), mumbaiAugust 30, 2012
- very busy
- broking audit (client place edelweiss)
- gud