BDO

BDO Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good Entry level experience
Assurance Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: volunteer & public service opportunities.
Gained basic audit experience in a professional setting.
Management generally accessible to address concerns.
Congenial atmosphere for a large firm.
Very long hours, typical public accounting firm.
Tax Staff (Current Employee), San Francisco, CASeptember 10, 2014
Great learning experience. Work on a number of different types of tax returns. No work/life balance.
Productive and organised workplace
Audit Senior (Current Employee), GaboroneAugust 14, 2014
Punctuality at work each day is key and all hours during working hours are dedicated to clients.
I have performed audit work for private companies and pension funds.
I have acquired skills on relating with colleagues and clients.
I have skills on managing a team during audits.
Traditonal Audit / tax firm, but not the largest, particularly in consulting
Senior Manager, Forensic Accounting Group (Former Employee), Nww York, NYJuly 18, 2014
Pros: i challenging place to work
Cons: they have a lot of turn-over
Pro and con says it all. The management will tell you the turnover is low, but found the opposite to be true. The works is challenging, but there is not enough of it.
Company is ok
Sr. Associate (Former Employee), TXJuly 8, 2014
You will be scheduled on jobs, but there will usually not be much communication with management or partners. Planning usually isn't adequate or done too late. Managers either over audit or under audit. There is no balance. Company has competitive benefits.
Great Place to Build a Career
Tax Associate (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 1, 2014
Pros: great social events such as lunches, dinners, happy hours, softball teams, and golf outings
Cons: n/a
BDO has an excellent reputation for both career advancement and work/life balance. My seniors and managers did a good job explaining assignments and were always willing to answer any questions that I had. The partners that I met were genuine and down to earth. The work is challenging and rewarding and there is a good variety of responsibility.
Handy
Senior Auditor (Former Employee), IslamabadJune 1, 2014
Pros: annual dinner
Cons: contract based
- Finalization
- Revaluation of property, plant and equipment
A good training ground for a banking individual.
Customer Service Associate/ Bank Teller (Former Employee), Pasig, PhilippinesMay 26, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: long hours, low salary
Working with a large and full service bank like BDO has helped me build a nice and firm knowledge about banking industry. From cash and check deposits, encashments, bills payments, foreign currencies exchange, wire transfer transactions, up to opening new accounts and KYC's (know-your-clients) in establishing client's source of funds, etc

The management – more... offers each employees with numerous opportunities and significant training to improve and supply necessary information in improving bank related issues and transactions, I also get to work with highly motivated and knowledgeable professionals as well.

Although I also encountered hardships due to the banks high volume of different transactions, I can still say that being able to be a part of BDO for more that 3 years has given me a lot of useful knowledge. – less
A great place to learn and gain experience
Assurance Intern (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMay 24, 2014
I was treated as any other employee and not as an intern. I was given responsibility of any other associate and this made it possible for me to learn and gain experience. I respected that I was treated as any other and wanted to complete my work accurately and thoroughly. The office was a great environment to work in. I looked forward to working each – more... day. – less
A stable company which you can grown old and enjoyable and exciting work everyday.
Service/Marketing Officer (Former Employee), Bulacan PhilippinesMay 19, 2014
Pros: fast and accurate promotions of employee, hard work was acknowledged.
Cons: long banking hours with no pay at all.
Everyday is a new life at BDO, you'll never know what will happen today since you got to meet a variety of clients with different needs and situations. Although operational work is a redundant responsibility but still life is not boring since everyone is having fun in their respective duties. Nice ambience at work. I love the most is when I help and – more... satisfy each and every client who approach me and ask for assistance in their banking needs. Everyday is a continuous learning which I could use in my everyday life but what I learned the most is the listening skill which help me understand people. It's a music to my ear whenever customers/clients says "Thank you". Management gives a satisfactory salary, bonuses and allowances except for the long banking hours they require from employees without necessary payment for it. – less
good people
Scheduling Coordinator (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 6, 2014
Partners work 15 hour days and expect other to do the same. Everyone works to a very high ethical standard.
Social environment
Supervisor (Former Employee), South AfricaMay 6, 2014
Pros: friday night drinks
Cons: no acknowledgement to teams
Managing of audit teams on entities in various industries.
Reporting to directors and shareholder regarding any weaknesses and risks identified while conducting the audit.
Performing accounting services, such as preparing financial statements and reconciling accounts, and dealing with client queries.
Assisted team members with queries and reviewed their – more... work.
Budgets were realistic and deadlines achievable.
Good team moral and had drinks every Friday night at the office bar. – less
Great, employee friendly and awesome
Manager, Outsourced Financial Systems (Current Employee), Washington, DCApril 3, 2014
Pros: employee friendly, growth
BDO was a fabulous place to grow individually and professionally, all while maintaining a positive work-life balance. BDO has high expectations, but is a very rewarding environment.
Over-worked for the pay...
Experienced Auditor, CPA (Current Employee), CAMarch 30, 2014
Pros: advancement and learning.
Cons: pay vs work-load
Ability to advance but the work-load is more demanding than what the compensation amounts to.
Highly recommended for External Audit
Audit Manager - Financial Services Group (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 6, 2014
Highly recommended for External Audit. Work/life balance is pretty good, compared to other auditing firms.
Challenging position
Administrative Assistant - Tax (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: busy, fast-paced environment
Cons: many managers were "stuck in the past" and didn't like to learn new things
A typical day at work involved typing engagement letters for tax returns and business proposals to generate new revenue for the firm, mailing returns to clients via Fed Ex, working with Go File Room system to ensure all returns were filed in a timely manner, and interacting with various levels of management.

The most enjoyable part of the job was learning – more... new things and training was always available in order to do the best possible job for your clients. – less
Register (Former Employee), Rio de Janeiro, RJJanuary 5, 2014
My days working for BDO was the best ones in my life. I had great responsabilities and I learned so much with others. Work with children and teenagers was the best part of this too, we learn a lot about life and childhood.
BDO
Recruiting Senior Associate (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PADecember 23, 2013
Great place to work and the company really seems to care about the people.
International CPA firm
CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 24, 2013
Good place to get a lot of audit and tax experience for a new graduate. International firm but local offices focus on mid to large companies so junior accounting staff are exposed to a variety of audit and tax issues.
Productive and fun workplace with rewards for hard work.
Auditor (Current Employee), Johannesburg, GPOctober 1, 2013
Pros: -drinks on fridays to catch up with colleagues. - social events now and then.
Cons: tight deadlines.
-A typical day at work requires me to engage with my audit staff, strategizing on how to achieve daily goals with the prospects of completing audit engagement within the required period of time.
-More than anything, I have learnt on how various companies operate due to the exposure to various industries, as well as how their systems operate.
-I have – more... learnt to work with people from different backgrounds and those with different behaviours. Managing juniors has also been a skill that I developed as senior.
-The hardest part of the job is meeting tight deadlines when clients require their statements to be drafted.
-The enjoyable part of the job is having to interact with different people and different companies on each and every audit, as well as working in a team. – less

About BDO

BDO has over 90 years of experience providing value-added assurance, accounting, tax and advisory services to a broad range of – Read more