BDO

BDO Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great company to work for
Accounting Technician (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCDecember 6, 2013
Great place to learn to work hard and work as a team.
good place to learn many aspects of many different types of business related situations.
Great ambiance with lots of work to do.
Filing Clerk (Former Employee), Montreal, QCJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: free pizza once a month and multiple breaks.
Cons: waking up early.
A typical day would be to set up the catering for meetings throughout the day. Then, I would have to go replace the secretary during her break and lunch. If there was no catering to do during the day, I would organize the filing cabinet.
I learned to be ultra organized and how to create a cocktail event within budget..
Management was very helpful and – more... always there when I needed help.
My co-workers were great. Always there to assist me. They were all hilarious.
Hardest part of the job was waking up at 4am in the morning.
Most enjoyable part of the job was seeing my co-workers and seeing how I was assisting them. – less
If I was to do it over, I wouldn't have worked there.
Staff (Former Employee), OntarioJune 1, 2012
Pros: job security
Cons: everything else
I came from a bigger accounting firm and in comparison, the big 4 firms are much better managed. Its not a great environment to advance your career, middle management is full of people with no advancement prospects and no interest in helping you succeed. Four stars for job security as they can't seem to keep people so you don't have to worry about losing – more... your job. – less

Tyrrel – November 5, 2012

Long hours, very little recognition, no support from partners or senior managers, unorganized... are some of the issues with working at BDO. High turn over of staff as they cannot seem to retain good people. I would not recommend working for BDO. The other 4 accounting firms are better managed, more supportive, recognize hard working staff, realistic work hours and compensation, work, life, balance!

Tyrrel – November 8, 2012

I worked at the Mississauga office for over 2 years and found the culture of the company is not consistant with how things are really run in the firm. The firm is not well managed, process is not streamlined and some of the partners are very unprofessional. There is a lot of favouratism and if you do not play the game, you are a target. There is such a huge disconnect between partners and the staff. Manager are expected to work long hours and hope that a bonus will be given... think again. The administrators of the firm are a joke. All they do is complain about work, take 2 hours lunches and talk behind everyones backs. Can you say "two faces"? I have ard it first hand many times. I would not recommend working for BDO or at least the Mississauga office. Lack of loyality, work long hours and not be rewarded, no respect, lots of promises and no support from parners - all they want is to make sure they get their share of profits, selfish.

Great, employee friendly and awesome
Manager, Outsourced Financial Systems (Current Employee), Washington, DCApril 3, 2014
Pros: employee friendly, growth
BDO was a fabulous place to grow individually and professionally, all while maintaining a positive work-life balance. BDO has high expectations, but is a very rewarding environment.
Over-worked for the pay...
Experienced Auditor, CPA (Current Employee), CAMarch 30, 2014
Pros: advancement and learning.
Cons: pay vs work-load
Ability to advance but the work-load is more demanding than what the compensation amounts to.
Highly recommended for External Audit
Audit Manager - Financial Services Group (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 6, 2014
Highly recommended for External Audit. Work/life balance is pretty good, compared to other auditing firms.
Challenging position
Administrative Assistant - Tax (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: busy, fast-paced environment
Cons: many managers were "stuck in the past" and didn't like to learn new things
A typical day at work involved typing engagement letters for tax returns and business proposals to generate new revenue for the firm, mailing returns to clients via Fed Ex, working with Go File Room system to ensure all returns were filed in a timely manner, and interacting with various levels of management.

The most enjoyable part of the job was learning – more... new things and training was always available in order to do the best possible job for your clients. – less
Register (Former Employee), Rio de Janeiro, RJJanuary 5, 2014
My days working for BDO was the best ones in my life. I had great responsabilities and I learned so much with others. Work with children and teenagers was the best part of this too, we learn a lot about life and childhood.
BDO
Recruiting Senior Associate (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PADecember 23, 2013
Great place to work and the company really seems to care about the people.
International CPA firm
CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 24, 2013
Good place to get a lot of audit and tax experience for a new graduate. International firm but local offices focus on mid to large companies so junior accounting staff are exposed to a variety of audit and tax issues.
Productive and fun workplace with rewards for hard work.
Auditor (Current Employee), Johannesburg, GPOctober 1, 2013
Pros: -drinks on fridays to catch up with colleagues. - social events now and then.
Cons: tight deadlines.
-A typical day at work requires me to engage with my audit staff, strategizing on how to achieve daily goals with the prospects of completing audit engagement within the required period of time.
-More than anything, I have learnt on how various companies operate due to the exposure to various industries, as well as how their systems operate.
-I have – more... learnt to work with people from different backgrounds and those with different behaviours. Managing juniors has also been a skill that I developed as senior.
-The hardest part of the job is meeting tight deadlines when clients require their statements to be drafted.
-The enjoyable part of the job is having to interact with different people and different companies on each and every audit, as well as working in a team. – less
PRODUCTIVE AND WORKPLACE
Sales Officer Trainee (Current Employee), VARANASISeptember 25, 2013
Pros: na
Cons: no long hours
PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE,PR,GOOD RURAL & URBAN NETWORK,PAINTER ACTIVITIES,PAINTER MEETINGS,LEARNING MARKET,DEMAND GENERATER
Fast- paced, exciting
HR Administrator (Former Employee), GatwickAugust 27, 2013
I completed a 2 month work placement as a HR Administrator. I worked as part of the HR Services team; on a variety of projects. This role helped me to develop my data input and communication skills.
BDO was a great place to work
Senior Server & Storage Engineer (Former Employee), LondonAugust 24, 2013
I have many fond memories of my time at BDO. It was a great place to work.
Consultant (Former Employee), Moscow, IDAugust 23, 2013
BDO in Russia is a leading national audit and consulting group of companies, and is a member of BDO – the fifth-largest (in terms of total revenues) network of independent audit and consulting companies worldwide, employing almost 55,000 people in 139 countries.
Great job to start off
Tax Associate (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEAugust 12, 2013
BDO is a great place to start your career. They are great for work/life balance and a flexible working schedule.
A+ workplace
Bankruptcy Accountant (Former Employee), Dallas, TX 75201July 30, 2013
Pros: enjoyed working as a member of national accounting firm
Cons: commute
I was a member of their bankruptcy department and left as a team due to closing our department.
Great place to start career
Assurance Associate (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 18, 2013
Pros: learning how to audit financial statements
Cons: long hours and uncomfortable physical work environment (sometimes)
Most of what I learned from accounting was from my time as an auditor with BDO.

Teamwork was a big part of all the audit teams, working under stressful deadlines, and working with clients. This job was an amazing learning experience and was a great first step in the financial world
Great working environment with stellar employees.
Exec Asst to Tax Reg Mgn Partner/Brd of Dir Member (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJune 25, 2013
I have been with BDO for almost 6 years and enjoy working here very much.
Dinamic environment
Analyst - Professional Services (Current Employee), Santurce, PRJune 7, 2013
Great commodoties that keep you motivated to do your work. Work is exciting and there is always something new. Working long hours are not a problem, they try to make it as comfortable as possible for you (free lunches and dinners).

1 2 3