BDO Employee Review

Productive and fun workplace with rewards for hard work.
Auditor (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP1 October 2013
-A typical day at work requires me to engage with my audit staff, strategizing on how to achieve daily goals with the prospects of completing audit engagement within the required period of time.
-More than anything, I have learnt on how various companies operate due to the exposure to various industries, as well as how their systems operate.
-I have learnt to work with people from different backgrounds and those with different behaviours. Managing juniors has also been a skill that I developed as senior.
-The hardest part of the job is meeting tight deadlines when clients require their statements to be drafted.
-The enjoyable part of the job is having to interact with different people and different companies on each and every audit, as well as working in a team.
Pros
-Drinks on Fridays to catch up with colleagues. - Social events now and then.
Cons
Tight deadlines.

Other BDO Employee Reviews

Lots to learn
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 December 2017
It's a typical national accounting firm where you see it more like a post secondary education than a job. It's a good start to your career because you really learn a lot.
A good professional work environment
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 December 2017
I was based at the British Energy Toronto office where I was responsible for the financial reporting to the UK. Worked in an environment with senior management who gave you the freedom to implement systems to make this office compliant with the UK office

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BDO. Our community is ready to answer.