BDO Canada Employee Reviews in Canada

Very busy, but enjoyable.
Jr. Administation. (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJuly 19, 2016
A pleasant environment. Very busy, all staff on the administration team were very helpful. Great team work.
I was involved not only as reception relief but also in office services, keeping 4 kitchens clean, informing office supervisor when office supplies needed to be ordered, unloading stock and re-stocking on shelves. Placing paper in photocopiers, keeping work stations stocked with supplies,and sending out couriers. Also some filing and retrieving files from storage. I learned a new phone system and the preparation of out-going couriers and handling the process of incoming packages and mail.
Hardest part of the job was during tax season, switchboard and reception were very busy, clients and packages arriving at the office, at least 40 to 50 courier packages being sent out on one day.
Most enjoyable part of the job was working with the staff.
Pros
The company as very involved in community work, i.e.:Food Bank.
Cons
The travelling T.T.C- over 1 hour to get to the office. I don't drive
Auditing
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 12, 2016
Great place to work, lots of learning opportunities. You would daily go for auditing and work with clients directly, great people and great partners, hardest part is that there is a lot of work, fun activities and lunches.
Pros
Great co wokrers
Cons
Average company to work for.
Team Leader Infrastructure (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 25, 2015
Benefits are not as good. A lot of politics. Moving around to different department or receiving training is close to impossible.
Pros
Free Tea and Coffee but drinks were subsidized
Cons
Downtown Toronto. Odd working hours and 12 hour shifts
Excellent employer with lots for room for growth
Junior Administrator/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Red DeerOctober 16, 2014
I loved loved loved working here!! The people, the environment! It was fun and challenging and a fabulous bunch of people. Everyone worked together to build a great office atmosphere. We were always involved in charities and the community. The partners took the time to explain issues and mentor those below them. I truly enjoyed my time there.
Pros
always a great atmosphere. social and uplifting.
Cons
pay was on the low end
Great Place to Work
Tax Intern (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONSeptember 8, 2014
Can't say enough positive things about this company
Great place to work with lots of community involvement
Working with my co-workers
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee) –  Windsor, Ontario CanadaDecember 17, 2013
I enjoyed working with my fellow co-workers. Management was very knowledgeable and willing to help. I learned to acknowledge my strengths and weaknesses. The hardest part of the job was to make sure all the work I have done is done properly.
Pros
seminars then lunch
Cons
seminars can become longer then expected
This job provided me with more advanced experience.
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONNovember 9, 2013
The office was located too far from my residence, the working conditions were excellent with up to date equipment which were maintained. I did not find all the employees open and friendly which did not effect my productivity in the firm. My workload was high each day which is the way I like to work. I was working a lot with our clients to ensure their satisfaction, managed appointments for partners and managers and was relief receptionist
Pros
lots of interesting work, got to know some very nice clients and help them with their tax packages.
Cons
employees not friendly
typical day
Estate Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, OntarioJuly 17, 2013
• AT THE FRONT LINE FOR DEBTORS & CREDITORS BY PHONE & IN PERSON (DEBTORS ONLY), AS IT RELATES TO BANKRUPTCIES & PROPOSALS.

• COMPLETE SPECIFIC TASKS AS REQUIRED - WITH LIMITED SUPERVISION – I.E. ASSETS FOLLOW UP, PPSA SEACH, PREVIOUS BANKRUPTCY SEARCH, BLACK BOOK VALUES, ASSIST IN FILING OF IN-BANKRUPTCY, PRIOR, PRE & POST INCOME TAX RETURNS.

• MISCELLANEOUS DATA ENTRY – I.E. PROOF OF CLAIMS, TAX ASSESSMENTS, DEBTORS PAYMENTS, RECEIPTS OF VARIOUS ASSETS ETC.

• MONITOR PROPOSAL APPROVAL - INCLUDING FULL PERFORMANCE, DEEMED ANNULMENTS OR PROPOSAL REVIVAL.

• PREPARE FILES FOR INPUT INTO ASSEND.

• SCHEDULE APPOINTMENTS TO INCLUDE INITIAL CONSULTATION, FIRST & SECOND COUNSELLING SESSIONS.

• ASSIT WHEN NEEDED IN ANY OTHER ASPECT OF COMPLETION OF A FILE – I.E. CANADA REVENUE AGENCY FOLLOW UP, ASSET FOLLOW UP, E-FILING OF DEEMED TAXATION OR STATEMENTS OF RECEIPTS & DISBURSMENTS.
Good reputation externally
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioMay 1, 2013
Offers a market competitive compensation and benefits plan.
Lots of work but the experience is worth it
Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 27, 2012
Long days, lots of overtime, but overall you can learn a lot which will help you in the future.
Long hours, great experience.
Junior Technician (Former Employee) –  Strathroy, ONSeptember 3, 2012
Great place. Didn't hire after contract. Learned alot worked with tax prep case view and case ware