BCIT

BCIT Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
I really enjoyed working for this company
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCOctober 29, 2014
I would open the switchboard at 7:30am and direct callers to appropiate destinations. When the calls were down I would help
the other departments that needed work done and that could be done at switchboard between calls.
The co-workers were great it was like a family community.
The hardest part of the job was when I retired and had to leave the company.
The – more... most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with the customers. – less
Pruductive
Student Plant Operator (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCOctober 7, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long ...
Be smart, helpful, go ahead. Working hard is always worth, just let me start because I need training any ways and sometimes experience doesn't mean you are smart. Math, Physic, Mechanic, chemistry and thermodynamic is the base. You got them you go up or do other things like politics and journalism which is not negative.
Great school
A part-time student (Former Employee), Burnaby , BCAugust 4, 2014
Gain only skills you need to work in the industry, no rubbish!
Wonderful Place to Study and Learn
Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 30, 2014
I worked at BCIT and found all staff to be very helpful while in training. Everybody is very professional and they have a very structured and organized system. I loved working for BCIT.
Great environment working w/Apprentice Trainees
Mobile Crane Operator (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCAugust 1, 2013
Pros: camaraderie with trade instructor and goog benefits
Cons: short hours, no overtime
BCIT has a very professional environment and the work is rewarding. Project oriented, building a structure and a tank for Ironworker and Boilermaker Apprentices. Plenty of Coaching and Instructing students in Crane Safety and Rigging practices. The downside is 7 hour days and a sub-par wage schedule. Great opportunity for a young Operator who wishes – more... to establish a long term career in the Lower Mainland – less
I loved the job, working with the students was very rewarding.
Lab Coordinator, Engineering Technologist III (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCMay 8, 2013
Pros: 5 weeks holidays
Cons: no job security.
I ran all 5 labs, learned a lot from coworkers and students. Keeping up with all the demands of coworkers and students was difficult at times and lead to some long days, but over all a vey rewarding place to wok.
Enjoyed working with clinical staff at BCIT
Clinical instructor Hospital based instruction (Current Employee), KelownaJanuary 17, 2013
Instruction was simply part of the job, all staff participated in instructionof students doing their clinical time in Kelowna
Good
Professor Pub and Mug (Former Employee), Burnaby BCAugust 20, 2012
Pros: good
Cons: nothing
It is a very good place to work. I liked it. I was a hard worker. It was agood pay. It was good.
Growing place
cashier (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJune 27, 2012
Here was a very different job where I was around of good vibes and great workers,the client was always first, and the most important think that i learned was to work in team!
Good Working Environment
.NET Fresher (Former Employee), Kolhapur, MHJanuary 6, 2014
Good Working Environment,
Code in good manner,efficiently.
Management is gud
Coworkers are good
Lousy pay, no support if you were not in a click
Educator (Former Employee), WestamptonJuly 1, 2013
Pros: couldn't really see any
Cons: pay, support, undiciplined students(most of them), low level of intellegence, administrative support is ubscure, pressure, co-workers were awful and vendictive.
The pay is not good. Union..questionable. Support from the Administrators is not good if you don't pile up to the person they want you to be.