BCIT Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Duties as a 4th Class Power Engineer
4th Class Power Engineer (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJuly 9, 2015
 Followed Standard operating procedures and practices to ensure the safe and efficient operation of the plant.
 Working knowledge of multiple electronic and digital control systems from a central control room.
 Performed Boiler start-up, shut-down and troubleshooting to resolve process related deviations and problems.
 Performed routine checks and inspections of process equipments.
 Performed group lock-outs and water-treatment.
 Controlled and maintained auxiliary equipment, such as pumps, fans, compressors, condensers, feedwater pumps, and filters, to supply water, fuel, air, and auxiliary power.
 Ensure efficient operation of all HVAC equipment checks and daily building computer control interface.
 Maintain mechanical and electrical components in the HVAC units.
Busy enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Great Feedback
Cons: Not great hours
Was a very busy job. Busy environment. A lot of fun had a lot of great co workers as well. Customers were friendly and nice too.
Great Company
Auxiliary Staff - Document Specialist (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCNovember 10, 2014
Pros: great learning environment
nice people, good community and great opportunities

BCIT is a premiere place for learning and it is great to be a part of watching today's youth become tomorrow's workers
I really enjoyed working for this company
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCOctober 29, 2014
I would open the switchboard at 7:30am and direct callers to appropiate destinations. When the calls were down I would help
the other departments that needed work done and that could be done at switchboard between calls.
The co-workers were great it was like a family community.
The hardest part of the job was when I retired and had to leave the company.
The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with the customers.
Pruductive
Student Plant Operator (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCOctober 7, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long ...
Be smart, helpful, go ahead. Working hard is always worth, just let me start because I need training any ways and sometimes experience doesn't mean you are smart. Math, Physic, Mechanic, chemistry and thermodynamic is the base. You got them you go up or do other things like politics and journalism which is not negative.
Great school
A part-time student (Former Employee), Burnaby , BCAugust 4, 2014
Gain only skills you need to work in the industry, no rubbish!
Wonderful Place to Study and Learn
Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 30, 2014
I worked at BCIT and found all staff to be very helpful while in training. Everybody is very professional and they have a very structured and organized system. I loved working for BCIT.
Great environment working w/Apprentice Trainees
Mobile Crane Operator (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCAugust 1, 2013
Pros: camaraderie with trade instructor and goog benefits
Cons: short hours, no overtime
BCIT has a very professional environment and the work is rewarding. Project oriented, building a structure and a tank for Ironworker and Boilermaker Apprentices. Plenty of Coaching and Instructing students in Crane Safety and Rigging practices. The downside is 7 hour days and a sub-par wage schedule. Great opportunity for a young Operator who wishes to establish a long term career in the Lower Mainland
I loved the job, working with the students was very rewarding.
Lab Coordinator, Engineering Technologist III (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCMay 8, 2013
Pros: 5 weeks holidays
Cons: no job security.
I ran all 5 labs, learned a lot from coworkers and students. Keeping up with all the demands of coworkers and students was difficult at times and lead to some long days, but over all a vey rewarding place to wok.
Enjoyed working with clinical staff at BCIT
Clinical instructor Hospital based instruction (Current Employee), KelownaJanuary 17, 2013
Instruction was simply part of the job, all staff participated in instructionof students doing their clinical time in Kelowna
Good
Professor Pub and Mug (Former Employee), Burnaby BCAugust 20, 2012
Pros: good
Cons: nothing
It is a very good place to work. I liked it. I was a hard worker. It was agood pay. It was good.
Growing place
cashier (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJune 27, 2012
Here was a very different job where I was around of good vibes and great workers,the client was always first, and the most important think that i learned was to work in team!