BCD Travel

BCD Travel Employee Reviews

Worst company I have worked for in many years
Senior Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  virtual25 December 2016
I hate the company.

They are cheap, no possibilty of advancement. They will have you do a higher level job with no compensation

Management have no clue on how to book travel and just pass it back to agents to deal with.
Pros
Virtual positions
Cons
Expensive and restrictive healthcare, useless management, favoritism
Bad Management
Corporate Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX4 August 2016
Very busy environment and very rude manager and supervisors. It was a horrible experience to watch how new hires were treated. I loved all the co-workers, but just when i got used to them, they would quit because of neglect. The hardest part of the job was that the goals set were not achievable. We were promised a cost of living raise and never got it. It was an on site account and it felt like a sweat shop. I had been there for 4 years and they hired my referral for 1,000 a month more than I was making. She told me about it when she left the company.
Pros
relations with co workers and travelers
Cons
could not book our own travel, un achievable bonus program, bad human resources, sweat shop
Strict
Corporate Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MI13 January 2017
This company pays well but is very strict. No fun at all. The management think you know or should know what your doing and co workers are so annoying but not disciplined
Pros
Travel Benefits
Cons
No fun
A great industry but compensation and management nneds improvement
Human Resources Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA11 August 2016
A typical day includes processing employee and manager requests via HR systems. Main functions also included working with employees to resolve employee relations, payroll, and/or benefit issues.
Pros
The ability to work from home 2 days a week
Cons
Benefits and compensation were very low points
Good exposure and learning!
System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka27 June 2016
A good place to learn a lot in your domain. A poor place to advance in your career! You're pretty much gonna remain where you started for few years. There is a default mediocre salary hike every July irrespective for performance. Have to say that the free meals is quite a relief considering the poor salary offered.
Pros
Free Meals, Work-Life Balnce
Cons
Low Salary, Poor Career Progression
Good working culture with a chance to improve
Regional Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Tanjong Pagar Terminal15 February 2017
The people here are excellent to work with and I have positive interactions with most departments.

I learnt the importance of proper processes of project management and working with many parties.

The setup of this company is different from other firms as there are specific departments for each part of the process.
Pros
Good work culture
Cons
Technology needs to be improved
Data Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka7 March 2017
A very good place to work. Work life and personal life are well balanced. There are fun activities to keep the employees happy. The management is very transparent and approachable.
Pros
Food, fun activities.
Cons
Nil
Excellent Company to Work for
Corporate Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MI3 December 2016
Excellent company to work for with a friendly environment, cool perks and tons of advancement opportunities. The management staff is excellent and very helpful. There are always available training classes available for areas that need improvement.
Pros
Excellent Perks and pay
Cons
non really
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester30 January 2017
The job is easy to learn,my colleagues are so nice but the management is not good of the company.A tipical day in work is:I start at 8:30 and I swich on the computer.I log in to all the programmes that we use and I start checking the tickets which were issued the previous day.Then I do some refunds and I check the ifares.The most enjoyable part of the job is talking with my colleagues and the hardest part is to compain about something to the manager.
Through the years I have worked at BCD Travel I enjoyed success through service ecellence.
Branch Supervisor/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Parktown Johannesburg27 October 2016
I loved my work & enjoyed it ,I was well- groomed professional at BCD Travel.
I learned things which makes a person to be a good leader.
I also gained valuable management experience.
I was very friendly and supportive when engaging with my co-workers
The hardest part is when I was leaving BCD Travel.
My most enjoyed able part of the job was when our branch reaches target every month above all the BCD Travel Branches.
Pros
Full pack of team building session
Cons
Working in travel indusrty after hours is the time when you can do your day's recons
Good MNC to work with
TEAM LEADER (Current Employee) –  Delhi, Delhi22 February 2017
BCD is a US based organization and having all Global corporates tie ups and it feels really good to be associated with this kind of company . Good platform to show your metal
Pros
good mnc culture
Cons
Nice place to work. Without presure
Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Pune, Maharashtra3 March 2017
BCD is the best company to work. No management pressure, no system which make you frustrate..

General manager also very supportive. Good environment & culture to work.
Great work life balance
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Portland, OR4 February 2017
A typical day at BCD travel included answering phone calls in a call center setting while booking flights, hotels, and cars for clients. This included making changes to itineraries as well. It was a great steady job that provided a consistent schedule Monday through Friday with weekends and holidays off.
Pros
Consistent hours and holidays off, I worked with a great team as well.
Cons
Didn't always get my breaks because sometimes the workload was heavy.
Allows you to reach your potential
Various Roles (Current Employee) –  London26 September 2016
I have worked for BCD for over 18 years and have had the opportunity to work in a variety of different roles during this time.

It's a company that prides itself on excellent customer service and so it's hard work - but if you like doing a job well and working with a great bunch of professionals, it's a really good company to work for.

There's an internal training academy that helps you develop and the company works hard to encourage people to grow in their roles.

I know of lots of colleagues who have been promoted and others who have started in one job and then moved to a quite different area of the business.

It's a friendly company, everyone pitches in to help and I'm happy to recommend.
Pros
Modern offices, good vibe, nice atmosphere, friendly
Great company!
Solutions Manager (Former Employee) –  Home-office19 September 2016
BCD Travel was amazing company to work for! They encouraged a work/life balance and the management team in the CDS Department is amazing. Even working remotely, I never felt alone.
Its productive, quality work is a major value
Finance Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nairobi7 October 2016
I had a privilege to change the way finance department worked, the management is very supportive and adaptive to change. Enjoyable part of the job is seeing the end results. I learned anything is possible if you put a thought into it. The hardest part of the job is making the most accurate decision that suits the overall organisational goals.
Pros
free tickets, free lunch
Cons
work overload
Management needs an overhaul
Senior International Corporate Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX6 January 2017
Definite need for improvement. Needs an update with new management and processes. Micromanaged and no people skills.
productive and enjoyable
Senior Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, India2 October 2016
Issuing the tickets at the lowest fare using corporate discount.
Processing Exchanges (*Changing the reservation which is available on file for the client to another itinerary as per request*).
Reissuing, voiding the tickets, processing refunds and cancellations if required.
Sending notification to passenger about schedule changes by airline & Cancellation of flights etc.
Helpline agent for the new hires.
Handling (WN) southwest airline reservations separately .Invoicing and working on que’s .
Pros
Free food and transportation
No room for growth
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL3 January 2017
No management support for any problems that occurred. No union so there was not a structure or guideline for discipline.
Great working envoirement
Senior Travel Consultant in Schneider Implant (Former Employee) –  Delhi, Delhi26 December 2016
• Responsible for query resolution related to air travel, hotel, car and train
• Assisting clients in getting visas and travel insurance policies
• Maintain DSR and SLA by keeping a daily track record of TAT
Pros
less pay
Cons
team work approach, collective resposibility