BCD Travel Employee Reviews

Worst company I have worked for in many years
Senior Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  virtual25 December 2016
I hate the company.

They are cheap, no possibilty of advancement. They will have you do a higher level job with no compensation

Management have no clue on how to book travel and just pass it back to agents to deal with.
Pros
Virtual positions
Cons
Expensive and restrictive healthcare, useless management, favoritism
Excellent Company to Work for
Corporate Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MI3 December 2016
Excellent company to work for with a friendly environment, cool perks and tons of advancement opportunities. The management staff is excellent and very helpful. There are always available training classes available for areas that need improvement.
Pros
Excellent Perks and pay
Cons
non really
Strict
Corporate Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MI13 January 2017
This company pays well but is very strict. No fun at all. The management think you know or should know what your doing and co workers are so annoying but not disciplined
Pros
Travel Benefits
Cons
No fun
Through the years I have worked at BCD Travel I enjoyed success through service ecellence.
Branch Supervisor/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Parktown Johannesburg27 October 2016
I loved my work & enjoyed it ,I was well- groomed professional at BCD Travel.
I learned things which makes a person to be a good leader.
I also gained valuable management experience.
I was very friendly and supportive when engaging with my co-workers
The hardest part is when I was leaving BCD Travel.
My most enjoyed able part of the job was when our branch reaches target every month above all the BCD Travel Branches.
Pros
Full pack of team building session
Cons
Working in travel indusrty after hours is the time when you can do your day's recons
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester30 January 2017
The job is easy to learn,my colleagues are so nice but the management is not good of the company.A tipical day in work is:I start at 8:30 and I swich on the computer.I log in to all the programmes that we use and I start checking the tickets which were issued the previous day.Then I do some refunds and I check the ifares.The most enjoyable part of the job is talking with my colleagues and the hardest part is to compain about something to the manager.
Great company!
Solutions Manager (Former Employee) –  Home-office19 September 2016
BCD Travel was amazing company to work for! They encouraged a work/life balance and the management team in the CDS Department is amazing. Even working remotely, I never felt alone.
Good exposure and learning!
System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka27 June 2016
A good place to learn a lot in your domain. A poor place to advance in your career! You're pretty much gonna remain where you started for few years. There is a default mediocre salary hike every July irrespective for performance. Have to say that the free meals is quite a relief considering the poor salary offered.
Pros
Free Meals, Work-Life Balnce
Cons
Low Salary, Poor Career Progression
Allows you to reach your potential
Various Roles (Current Employee) –  London26 September 2016
I have worked for BCD for over 18 years and have had the opportunity to work in a variety of different roles during this time.

It's a company that prides itself on excellent customer service and so it's hard work - but if you like doing a job well and working with a great bunch of professionals, it's a really good company to work for.

There's an internal training academy that helps you develop and the company works hard to encourage people to grow in their roles.

I know of lots of colleagues who have been promoted and others who have started in one job and then moved to a quite different area of the business.

It's a friendly company, everyone pitches in to help and I'm happy to recommend.
Pros
Modern offices, good vibe, nice atmosphere, friendly
Management needs an overhaul
Senior International Corporate Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX6 January 2017
Definite need for improvement. Needs an update with new management and processes. Micromanaged and no people skills.
Started my travel agency career here and worked for them for 22 years!
VIP Corporate Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GA25 August 2016
I worked in many different roles and offices during my 22 years at BCD Travel. A gr4eat learning experience that got me started into travel technology which I am in love with now!
Pros
Many good years of experience
Cons
Management direction
Great work life balance
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Portland, OR4 February 2017
A typical day at BCD travel included answering phone calls in a call center setting while booking flights, hotels, and cars for clients. This included making changes to itineraries as well. It was a great steady job that provided a consistent schedule Monday through Friday with weekends and holidays off.
Pros
Consistent hours and holidays off, I worked with a great team as well.
Cons
Didn't always get my breaks because sometimes the workload was heavy.
A great industry but compensation and management nneds improvement
Human Resources Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA11 August 2016
A typical day includes processing employee and manager requests via HR systems. Main functions also included working with employees to resolve employee relations, payroll, and/or benefit issues.
Pros
The ability to work from home 2 days a week
Cons
Benefits and compensation were very low points
good place to work
Senior Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Portland, OR2 September 2016
coworkers were fun, management very approachable and understanding, promoted from within, if you do your work right, you will grow within the company.
Pros
flexible shifts, management is willing to work with you, pay was great
Cons
the buiding was said to be haunted lol
Don't work for this company
Senior Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, IL24 September 2016
Unfair, gossip loving group. Balances work load on agents that are not favorites, while others sit around talking, eating, surfing the web. Don't work here
Pros
Pays on time
Cons
Unfair management
productive and enjoyable
Senior Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, India2 October 2016
Issuing the tickets at the lowest fare using corporate discount.
Processing Exchanges (*Changing the reservation which is available on file for the client to another itinerary as per request*).
Reissuing, voiding the tickets, processing refunds and cancellations if required.
Sending notification to passenger about schedule changes by airline & Cancellation of flights etc.
Helpline agent for the new hires.
Handling (WN) southwest airline reservations separately .Invoicing and working on que’s .
Pros
Free food and transportation
Productive and fun workplace
Travel associate (Former Employee) –  Bangalore16 August 2016
Quality checking, Checking the Flights and Sending a Daily Report, service fee charging, cases with Different GDS and POSA Tools, NRT
The management and the team members are more supportive, the shift time was the hardest part of the job, all events presentations and the games was enjoyable.
Productive and fun
Point of Sale Development Scripting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA1 November 2016
Collected, defined and validated new software requirements that would streamline processes and re-engineer system designs in accordance with guidelines of project plans, and analyzed and planned work flow with clients.
Implemented process detailed workflows, chaired conference calls, documented processes and procedures
Good experience
Debtors Clerk (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal24 October 2016
working at BCD Travel is a good experience, there are a lot of things that i have learnt even though this is my first job. Working with different people has really shown me what to expect in future jobs. there are friendly people and not so friendly people. Working in the finance section has really proved to be tough but i guess every work environment have their ups and downs.
Happy
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London14 February 2017
Working for BCD Travel taught me how it is like within a corporate environment. i learnt many things whilst in my role, the employees you work with are good and always help you when struggling
Pros
employees
Cons
pay
productive and challenging
Administrative Officer (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng30 January 2016
it is a productive and challenging working for a travel agency. we work as a Team , have target to reach and the management is very supportive .we get along very well, frustrating part is the system that sometimes don't work well and have to work long hours .
Pros
learning a lot