BCD Travel Employee Reviews

Allows you to reach your potential
Various Roles (Current Employee) –  LondonSeptember 26, 2016
I have worked for BCD for over 18 years and have had the opportunity to work in a variety of different roles during this time.

It's a company that prides itself on excellent customer service and so it's hard work - but if you like doing a job well and working with a great bunch of professionals, it's a really good company to work for.

There's an internal training academy that helps you develop and the company works hard to encourage people to grow in their roles.

I know of lots of colleagues who have been promoted and others who have started in one job and then moved to a quite different area of the business.

It's a friendly company, everyone pitches in to help and I'm happy to recommend.
Pros
Modern offices, good vibe, nice atmosphere, friendly
Staff are treated like children
Developer (Former Employee) –  London, ENGAugust 11, 2015
Management seem to think that the staff are school children and so treat them as such. There is no trust, and managers seem to keep a diary of what time you get into the office, and reprimand you in front of others for being 10 minutes late, even though staff work late most of the time!
There is not much scope to progress or be promoted, and salary increases are minimal at best.
I would not recommended working here.
Pros
Cons
Poor prospects, lack of trust from managers
productive and challenging
Administrative Officer (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, GautengJanuary 30, 2016
it is a productive and challenging working for a travel agency. we work as a Team , have target to reach and the management is very supportive .we get along very well, frustrating part is the system that sometimes don't work well and have to work long hours .
Pros
learning a lot
Cons
A great industry but compensation and management nneds improvement
Human Resources Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 11, 2016
A typical day includes processing employee and manager requests via HR systems. Main functions also included working with employees to resolve employee relations, payroll, and/or benefit issues.
Pros
The ability to work from home 2 days a week
Cons
Benefits and compensation were very low points
Good exposure and learning!
System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, KarnatakaJune 27, 2016
A good place to learn a lot in your domain. A poor place to advance in your career! You're pretty much gonna remain where you started for few years. There is a default mediocre salary hike every July irrespective for performance. Have to say that the free meals is quite a relief considering the poor salary offered.
Pros
Free Meals, Work-Life Balnce
Cons
Low Salary, Poor Career Progression
Great Place to Work
Corporate Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 30, 2015
BCD Travel has been one of the best employers to work for. They definitely value their employers. There were always vendors coming in to re-educate us on the newest items on the market.

Outstanding place to work.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Unpredictable Work Flow
Wonderful place to work and great people to work with
Corporate VIP Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 28, 2015
I enjoy my day at BCD Travel. I am currently on the desk that books travel for corporate customers in the Caribbean area for a major corporation. A typical day could involve multiple travel destinations for a few individuals that involve Air, Hotel and Cars booked. I have some days that are more involved than others but each day is never the same and I love being able to sell, sell, sell!
Pros
Travel benefits are outstanding
Cons
No cafe on site and location has few lunch options available.
Productive and fun workplace
Travel associate (Former Employee) –  BangaloreAugust 16, 2016
Quality checking, Checking the Flights and Sending a Daily Report, service fee charging, cases with Different GDS and POSA Tools, NRT
The management and the team members are more supportive, the shift time was the hardest part of the job, all events presentations and the games was enjoyable.
Started my travel agency career here and worked for them for 22 years!
VIP Corporate Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GAAugust 25, 2016
I worked in many different roles and offices during my 22 years at BCD Travel. A gr4eat learning experience that got me started into travel technology which I am in love with now!
Pros
Many good years of experience
Cons
Management direction
Don't work for this company
Senior Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILSeptember 24, 2016
Unfair, gossip loving group. Balances work load on agents that are not favorites, while others sit around talking, eating, surfing the web. Don't work here
Pros
Pays on time
Cons
Unfair management
Great company!
Solutions Manager (Former Employee) –  Home-officeSeptember 19, 2016
BCD Travel was amazing company to work for! They encouraged a work/life balance and the management team in the CDS Department is amazing. Even working remotely, I never felt alone.
Fun Workplace
International Corporate Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, Illinois.May 17, 2016
A typical day at work - is arranging travel for our corporate clients, travelling domestic and internationally. Answering calls, answering emails, monitoring queues, assisting with online concur queries.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Short Lunch Hours.
Sr. Manager
Sr. Manager of Client Technology Support (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXFebruary 16, 2016
I actually enjoy my job and have a staff of 32 techs and 12 tools. I can say that not one day is typical the same as we deal with our clients daily. We handle all of the Online Booking tools as well as other tools BCD has built. After being in Ops for over 25+ years, I truly have the overall experience to help any company compare what works best for the client.
Pros
Technology changes daily, I am very involved with what we do and how we offer it.
Cons
Working 12-14 hours to be able to talk with staff instead of email.
BCD still a great compan
Interntional Rate Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJuly 6, 2016
I was laid off from them and then went to Travelocity. Then Travelocity merged with BCD - so, I am now back with them again.
A different kind of place to work for
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Home based officeApril 11, 2016
The Training was far below what I would have expected from Corporate Travel.It was only 1.5 weeks and then we were on the floor and it was not enough time and the work hours were Awful. I was let go and should not have been when I was asking for help all the time.
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
Long Hours
BCD Travel is among the leading corporate travel agencies in the world
Virtual Corporate Agent for FTI Consulting (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 2, 2012
I do like working for BCD Travel overall. I have great co-workers and our team work is excellent. However, the support we receive from our management team is questionable.

I am looking for a similar postion where I can possibly advance, feel I am an asset to my team and also be a part of a more secure position.

I enjoy working with the clients and make sure I provide excellent customer service and communication. With my experience, I fully understand travel industry policies.

Currently, our team works on rotating shifts. I would like to work more of a "set" schedule, if possible.
Pros
good benefits and pay
Cons
management team support and communication poor.
Business Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  MaidenheadMarch 7, 2016
I worked with a lovely group of people at BCD who really cared about us as individuals.
Learning how to use certain systems such as Sabre was really good, it was a challenge and like learning a second language.
I most enjoyed speaking to people on the telephone and building rapport with the people I booked travel for.
Pros
Hour long lunch
Cons
Not much progression
Super high volume and understaffed
Travel Executive (Former Employee) –  SingaporeApril 27, 2016
Super high volume and understaffed.
will ask staff to pay for losses if staff error.
high pay, minimum 12 hours work daily.
Pros
Good pay if okay with 12 hours daily work
Cons
super long hours, must do almost everything
BCD Travel
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 2, 2016
- Corporate travel consultant position
- They will offer training for you from A-Z
- Depend on which account you are assigned to, the workload could be from very light to heavy.
- Fun and helpful management
Productive work
SAP BODS Developer (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, KarnatakaMarch 3, 2016
Eco-friendly environment surrounding me. BCD Management takes care us as a family member in an BCD Family. The facilities are quite good
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Medical care