BCD Travel Employee Reviews

Through the years I have worked at BCD Travel I enjoyed success through service ecellence.
Branch Supervisor/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Parktown Johannesburg27 October 2016
I loved my work & enjoyed it ,I was well- groomed professional at BCD Travel.
I learned things which makes a person to be a good leader.
I also gained valuable management experience.
I was very friendly and supportive when engaging with my co-workers
The hardest part is when I was leaving BCD Travel.
My most enjoyed able part of the job was when our branch reaches target every month above all the BCD Travel Branches.
Pros
Full pack of team building session
Cons
Working in travel indusrty after hours is the time when you can do your day's recons
productive and enjoyable
Senior Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, India2 October 2016
Issuing the tickets at the lowest fare using corporate discount.
Processing Exchanges (*Changing the reservation which is available on file for the client to another itinerary as per request*).
Reissuing, voiding the tickets, processing refunds and cancellations if required.
Sending notification to passenger about schedule changes by airline & Cancellation of flights etc.
Helpline agent for the new hires.
Handling (WN) southwest airline reservations separately .Invoicing and working on que’s .
Pros
Free food and transportation
Cons
Allows you to reach your potential
Various Roles (Current Employee) –  London26 September 2016
I have worked for BCD for over 18 years and have had the opportunity to work in a variety of different roles during this time.

It's a company that prides itself on excellent customer service and so it's hard work - but if you like doing a job well and working with a great bunch of professionals, it's a really good company to work for.

There's an internal training academy that helps you develop and the company works hard to encourage people to grow in their roles.

I know of lots of colleagues who have been promoted and others who have started in one job and then moved to a quite different area of the business.

It's a friendly company, everyone pitches in to help and I'm happy to recommend.
Pros
Modern offices, good vibe, nice atmosphere, friendly
Good experience
Debtors Clerk (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal24 October 2016
working at BCD Travel is a good experience, there are a lot of things that i have learnt even though this is my first job. Working with different people has really shown me what to expect in future jobs. there are friendly people and not so friendly people. Working in the finance section has really proved to be tough but i guess every work environment have their ups and downs.
Excellent Company to Work for
Corporate Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MI3 December 2016
Excellent company to work for with a friendly environment, cool perks and tons of advancement opportunities. The management staff is excellent and very helpful. There are always available training classes available for areas that need improvement.
Pros
Excellent Perks and pay
Cons
non really
A great industry but compensation and management nneds improvement
Human Resources Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA11 August 2016
A typical day includes processing employee and manager requests via HR systems. Main functions also included working with employees to resolve employee relations, payroll, and/or benefit issues.
Pros
The ability to work from home 2 days a week
Cons
Benefits and compensation were very low points
Started my travel agency career here and worked for them for 22 years!
VIP Corporate Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GA25 August 2016
I worked in many different roles and offices during my 22 years at BCD Travel. A gr4eat learning experience that got me started into travel technology which I am in love with now!
Pros
Many good years of experience
Cons
Management direction
Productive and fun workplace
Travel associate (Former Employee) –  Bangalore16 August 2016
Quality checking, Checking the Flights and Sending a Daily Report, service fee charging, cases with Different GDS and POSA Tools, NRT
The management and the team members are more supportive, the shift time was the hardest part of the job, all events presentations and the games was enjoyable.
Good exposure and learning!
System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka27 June 2016
A good place to learn a lot in your domain. A poor place to advance in your career! You're pretty much gonna remain where you started for few years. There is a default mediocre salary hike every July irrespective for performance. Have to say that the free meals is quite a relief considering the poor salary offered.
Pros
Free Meals, Work-Life Balnce
Cons
Low Salary, Poor Career Progression
good place to work
Senior Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Portland, OR2 September 2016
coworkers were fun, management very approachable and understanding, promoted from within, if you do your work right, you will grow within the company.
Pros
flexible shifts, management is willing to work with you, pay was great
Cons
the buiding was said to be haunted lol
Don't work for this company
Senior Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, IL24 September 2016
Unfair, gossip loving group. Balances work load on agents that are not favorites, while others sit around talking, eating, surfing the web. Don't work here
Pros
Pays on time
Cons
Unfair management
Great company!
Solutions Manager (Former Employee) –  Home-office19 September 2016
BCD Travel was amazing company to work for! They encouraged a work/life balance and the management team in the CDS Department is amazing. Even working remotely, I never felt alone.
Fun Workplace
International Corporate Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, Illinois.17 May 2016
A typical day at work - is arranging travel for our corporate clients, travelling domestic and internationally. Answering calls, answering emails, monitoring queues, assisting with online concur queries.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Short Lunch Hours.
A different kind of place to work for
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Home based office11 April 2016
The Training was far below what I would have expected from Corporate Travel.It was only 1.5 weeks and then we were on the floor and it was not enough time and the work hours were Awful. I was let go and should not have been when I was asking for help all the time.
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
Long Hours
Business Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Maidenhead7 March 2016
I worked with a lovely group of people at BCD who really cared about us as individuals.
Learning how to use certain systems such as Sabre was really good, it was a challenge and like learning a second language.
I most enjoyed speaking to people on the telephone and building rapport with the people I booked travel for.
Pros
Hour long lunch
Cons
Not much progression
Sr. Manager
Sr. Manager of Client Technology Support (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TX16 February 2016
I actually enjoy my job and have a staff of 32 techs and 12 tools. I can say that not one day is typical the same as we deal with our clients daily. We handle all of the Online Booking tools as well as other tools BCD has built. After being in Ops for over 25+ years, I truly have the overall experience to help any company compare what works best for the client.
Pros
Technology changes daily, I am very involved with what we do and how we offer it.
Cons
Working 12-14 hours to be able to talk with staff instead of email.
Super high volume and understaffed
Travel Executive (Former Employee) –  Singapore27 April 2016
Super high volume and understaffed.
will ask staff to pay for losses if staff error.
high pay, minimum 12 hours work daily.
Pros
Good pay if okay with 12 hours daily work
Cons
super long hours, must do almost everything
BCD still a great compan
Interntional Rate Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TX6 July 2016
I was laid off from them and then went to Travelocity. Then Travelocity merged with BCD - so, I am now back with them again.
BCD Travel
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Portland, OR2 May 2016
- Corporate travel consultant position
- They will offer training for you from A-Z
- Depend on which account you are assigned to, the workload could be from very light to heavy.
- Fun and helpful management
productive and challenging
Administrative Officer (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng30 January 2016
it is a productive and challenging working for a travel agency. we work as a Team , have target to reach and the management is very supportive .we get along very well, frustrating part is the system that sometimes don't work well and have to work long hours .
Pros
learning a lot