BCBG MaxAzria Employee Reviews in Canada

Poor work environment
associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONNovember 15, 2015
poor management, poor district manager.
Clothing quality is going down the drain & the clothing isnt worth the price. Expect the world out of you with little in return. All in all there was a high turnover rate.
Productive, competitive, fast and fun work place.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJune 24, 2015
Working and BCBG was an amazing experience to me. I had the opportunity to manage a staff of 4-6 girls daily. I learned a lot of new things working here, such as receiving and shipping out stock, carrying out Loss Prevention tactics, and performing monthly inventory successfully.

The management and staff were great. I was very pleased to learn from and work with them for a year; very strict but awesome.

The hardest part of the job was to build confidence in managing the staff. Sales and other work I adapted pretty quick but being able to make my own decisions with certain problems were a little but tricky in the first couple of months.

Overall, I had an absolutely amazing experience with the work, the staff, and the customers.
Pros
Experience, clientele, good pay, benefits
Cons
Far distance from home, too much competition
productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONOctober 26, 2015
People were very kind and polite and had much fun working with them. If there weren't customers than would be doing stocking in the back room.
Beautiful Store
Greeter (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCAugust 30, 2015
Personally this was not the right job for me at the time, but overall the job was fantastic. Friendly co-workers and warm environment. Nice customers and quite relaxed place. Great job for you if you like retail.
Review Summary
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 17, 2015
My typical day at work starts by cleaning the store before opening and making sure the store is presentable. I learned many skills that involved selling and treating customers. My co-workers were very nice and each person was willing to get to know each other. My manager was also very sweet and made sure we worked as much hours we needed and not over stress us.
Fun, friendly staff and quality products
STOCK ASSOCIATE / CASHIER (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BCJanuary 7, 2015
Jacob was a fun job I loved all of the people I worked with they were all friendly and helpful. I started out as just a sales associate and was promoted after a year to 3rd key holder. I basically did every role in this job stock, sales, visual merchandising, planning weekly budgets and of course customer service. The hardest part of the job was that some days it would be very slow and it was difficult finding tasks to do.
Friendly and Easy Going
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONApril 5, 2015
Vaughan Mills mall where BCBG was located is always busy so there was always something to do. The staff was not bad just strict on policies which it should be. Interacting with customers was fun and working on a commission was a little bit difficult. Overall it was a great experience.
Management is horrible
Part-time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vaughan MillsJuly 27, 2015
No balance between work life and personal. Management does not understand your needs. They treat sales representative very poorly.
lots to learn
1st Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 5, 2015
Ive learned how corporate works, its structure.
Hard working people are not recognized for their work.
The hardest part was working until 1am, company doesn't pay a taxi to get safely home.
Overall it is good experience, I've learnt a lot about clienteling and how customer becomes client.
Pros
healt benefits
Cons
productive and fun place to word t
Senior Sales Stylist (Former Employee) –  mississaugaMay 19, 2015
typical day would include
-cleaning
-paperwork (sales goal, cleaning check list, sensor sweep)
- engaging and interacting with customers
-selling
- ensuring no theft was happening
Productive and cultured work environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond hillMarch 19, 2015
BCBGMaxazria has helped me develop my management skills and helped me really embrace what it means to succeed.
I love getting to meet new faces everyday.
Pros
i get to meet new people on a daily basis
Cons
no set hours/ schedules
Great team of stylists and amazing collection
1ere Assistante Gerante (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 20, 2014
A typical day of work was preparing for the opening, which included office work. Floor Supervision was an essential part of my day.

I learned a lot from being !st Assistant Manager in high end retail (quality service, floor supervision and coaching the stylists on the BCBG philosophy).

Management was top notch. Our manager was extremely business and very pleasant such as my other management colleges.

My co-workers were young stylists who were very professional, hard working and very positive.

The most enjoyable part of my experience at BCBG was my co-workers and the wonderful clients.
Pros
wonderful high end retail
Cons
traveling the long distance and traffic every day
a non productive company but a fun work place with staff
2nd ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  edmonton,albertaApril 24, 2012
BCBG MAXAZRIA was a most wanted company to work for, good job results and ratings. I absolutely loved the girls i had the privelege to work with,The staff respected me and made my part in the company more exciting.I learned how to create an environment based on company policy as well as developing a fast track completion of on demand paperwork for weekly stats as well for conference. The hardest part of my job was training myself in the important fields of my position due to no outside or company assistance. The most enjoyable part of my job was the visual aspects of floor-set as well as putting the store to an appealing investment for our clientele.
Pros
promotion discount packages
Cons
overtime hours everyday
A good learning experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 16, 2014
I love their clothes and the perks we got like the discounts, contests, etc. However, the management team at my location wasn't the best. With a stronger and more organized leader everyone would be able to excel and make commission, but since it was weak, it was really hard to enjoy myself and hours weren't the greatest.
Pros
great discount
Cons
horrible management
No room for growth
Women's Stylist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 1, 2015
They only prioritize management in terms of pay and hours. Associate get treated bad and moving up internally is impossible.
Pros
relaxed enviroment
Cons
no growth
Responsibilities
Key holder/ Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONJanuary 5, 2015
• Support the store manager with the coordination and execution of daily store operations.
• Supervise the daily activities of sales staff in the absence of the manager or as delegated by the manager.
• Engage in promoting and selling products to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Perform managerial functions such as opening/closing, receiving inventory, as well as preparing and making deposits as needed.
• Partner with store manager to maximize sales and build high performing teams.
• Responsible for maintaining and updating window and in-store presentation of the store as per BCBG’s seasonal visual standards. This includes planning, mapping and executing monthly “floor-sets.”
• Actively participate in-store related meetings, training sessions and store visits. Responsible for participating in monthly conference calls with upper management, as well.
• Provide ongoing written feedback to Regional Manager on business strengths and opportunities.
Pros
discounts
Cons
pay
poor in any aspects of work culture
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMarch 22, 2015
except the Brand itself the work culture is not a safe one, any unexpected and unporfessional plan or act is totally possible from management.
no/poor training.
Great Company!
1st Assistant Manager/ Visual Assistant (Former Employee) –  OttawaMarch 13, 2015
Loved the management team . Growing environment and the DSS had great passion. Amazing leadership and lots of training to set you up for success.
This was a great job to get my foot in the door
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCSeptember 25, 2014
A respectful friendly environment, great co-workers. Made sure the fitting rooms were clean as well as the store. Greeting customers and providing exceptional customer service was of great importance.
Served clients personal clothing needs
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Rockland, QCJanuary 28, 2015
Getting to know clients is the best part of the job, to build your clientele and have returning customers s the best feeling.
Pros
loved serving clients
Cons
was tedious