BCBG MaxAzria Employee Reviews

Clean and well organized workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON22 September 2015
Overall, working at BCBG was very beneficial as it taught me how to deal with different types of customers. From getting questions about product or needing assistance finding an item, this workplace was very good. Although, being the new girl, sometimes the co-workers did not always tend to me when I needed assistance but I always persevered and tried my best to complete my tasks and duties.
Pros
Great work environment and co-workers
Cons
Long stays after closing to clean
Is Good
Fashion Associate (Former Employee) –  North York, ON22 September 2015
Beautiful fashion, unfortunately quite expensive, but good quality that can last for years and not go out of style. People are enjoyable to work with, both staff and clients.My personal development gives me joy as I have learned to love and do the best I can. Also, the employee discounts are very good.
Pros
I am respected to do my job the way I feel best
Cons
My hourly wage has never changed as it is still minimum.
Stylist, Payroll, Visual Merchandise, Schedules, Transfers/Stock, Client bookings
Conseillère à la vente (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 September 2015
Fun work place, with an overall good management team, always learning new things, could be considers a fast pace environment in some days, therefore employees needed to be very quick and ready to perform various tasks at once. I loved the contact with the clients, learning and meeting new people from very different backgrounds, as well, I got to learn new tasks such as payroll, doing the schedule for employees, planing the day and the tasks that the others employees needed to perform, I loved how much the managers allowed me to grow, but this is not my filed and I was not completely fulfilled.
Pros
employees discount, sometimes paid lunches
Beautiful Store
Greeter (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC30 August 2015
Personally this was not the right job for me at the time, but overall the job was fantastic. Friendly co-workers and warm environment. Nice customers and quite relaxed place. Great job for you if you like retail.
Great Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, Ontario27 August 2015
*Demonstrated to drive personal business with client appointments and ensured that excellent service was provided to customers
*Helped customers in locating products
*Actively participated in merchandising projects, ie: daily stock maintenance, floor changeovers, product transfer, price changes
*Kept up-to-date with new company trends by viewing new style videos every month
*Greeted each customer with a positive attitude
Pros
working in a fashion forward environment
Minimal training and development
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Vaughan Ont18 August 2015
There is minimal development, management does not believe in promoting within and would rather hire outside to fill the positions.
No potential for any growth nor increase in earnings as bonus structure is very minimal.
Incentives are rarely paid out to staff even when goals are met.
Very high physical demands with minimal compensation.
Required to work holidays and over time with no over time pay.
Staff is not valued and is viewed as replaceable.
GREAT employee discount on merchandise.
Pros
great discounts for staff
Cons
very long hours, alot of overtime and no pay to compensate.
Management is horrible
Part-time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vaughan Mills27 July 2015
No balance between work life and personal. Management does not understand your needs. They treat sales representative very poorly.
Productive, competitive, fast and fun work place.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON24 June 2015
Working and BCBG was an amazing experience to me. I had the opportunity to manage a staff of 4-6 girls daily. I learned a lot of new things working here, such as receiving and shipping out stock, carrying out Loss Prevention tactics, and performing monthly inventory successfully.

The management and staff were great. I was very pleased to learn from and work with them for a year; very strict but awesome.

The hardest part of the job was to build confidence in managing the staff. Sales and other work I adapted pretty quick but being able to make my own decisions with certain problems were a little but tricky in the first couple of months.

Overall, I had an absolutely amazing experience with the work, the staff, and the customers.
Pros
Experience, clientele, good pay, benefits
Cons
Far distance from home, too much competition
productive and fun place to word t
Senior Sales Stylist (Former Employee) –  mississauga19 May 2015
typical day would include
-cleaning
-paperwork (sales goal, cleaning check list, sensor sweep)
- engaging and interacting with customers
-selling
- ensuring no theft was happening
Review Summary
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 May 2015
My typical day at work starts by cleaning the store before opening and making sure the store is presentable. I learned many skills that involved selling and treating customers. My co-workers were very nice and each person was willing to get to know each other. My manager was also very sweet and made sure we worked as much hours we needed and not over stress us.
No room for growth
Women's Stylist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 May 2015
They only prioritize management in terms of pay and hours. Associate get treated bad and moving up internally is impossible.
Pros
relaxed enviroment
Cons
no growth
Friendly and Easy Going
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON5 April 2015
Vaughan Mills mall where BCBG was located is always busy so there was always something to do. The staff was not bad just strict on policies which it should be. Interacting with customers was fun and working on a commission was a little bit difficult. Overall it was a great experience.
poor in any aspects of work culture
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 March 2015
except the Brand itself the work culture is not a safe one, any unexpected and unporfessional plan or act is totally possible from management.
no/poor training.
Productive and cultured work environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond hill19 March 2015
BCBGMaxazria has helped me develop my management skills and helped me really embrace what it means to succeed.
I love getting to meet new faces everyday.
Pros
I get to meet new people on a daily basis
Cons
No set hours/ schedules
Great Company!
1st Assistant Manager/ Visual Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa13 March 2015
Loved the management team . Growing environment and the DSS had great passion. Amazing leadership and lots of training to set you up for success.
lots to learn
1st Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 February 2015
Ive learned how corporate works, its structure.
Hard working people are not recognized for their work.
The hardest part was working until 1am, company doesn't pay a taxi to get safely home.
Overall it is good experience, I've learnt a lot about clienteling and how customer becomes client.
Pros
healt benefits
Cons
Served clients personal clothing needs
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Rockland, QC28 January 2015
Getting to know clients is the best part of the job, to build your clientele and have returning customers s the best feeling.
Pros
loved serving clients
Cons
was tedious
Fun, friendly staff and quality products
STOCK ASSOCIATE / CASHIER (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC7 January 2015
Jacob was a fun job I loved all of the people I worked with they were all friendly and helpful. I started out as just a sales associate and was promoted after a year to 3rd key holder. I basically did every role in this job stock, sales, visual merchandising, planning weekly budgets and of course customer service. The hardest part of the job was that some days it would be very slow and it was difficult finding tasks to do.
Responsibilities
Key holder/ Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON5 January 2015
• Support the store manager with the coordination and execution of daily store operations.
• Supervise the daily activities of sales staff in the absence of the manager or as delegated by the manager.
• Engage in promoting and selling products to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Perform managerial functions such as opening/closing, receiving inventory, as well as preparing and making deposits as needed.
• Partner with store manager to maximize sales and build high performing teams.
• Responsible for maintaining and updating window and in-store presentation of the store as per BCBG’s seasonal visual standards. This includes planning, mapping and executing monthly “floor-sets.”
• Actively participate in-store related meetings, training sessions and store visits. Responsible for participating in monthly conference calls with upper management, as well.
• Provide ongoing written feedback to Regional Manager on business strengths and opportunities.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Pay
okay
Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON30 December 2014
the store wasnt always busy
long hours. its hard to work in retail like this when you have kids its very Demanding .
Pros
nothing