BCBG MaxAzria Employee Reviews

Overall , it was an experience
Gérante des ventes (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 November 2016
- Very organize with daily planner.
- Poor work environment , no team work .. .
- The hardest part of the job is working 12 hours shift and only having a 30 min break due to poor scheduling..
great fashion. bad work environment... catty.
Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  sherway9 October 2016
high turnover, management on power trips, all female staff lead to a lot of internal issues.

nepotism.

but excellent discount.... is it worth it?
high sales pressure.
salary .... min. wage
Great company culture, less so for advancement
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 August 2016
The people are downright amazing, and it's a very welcoming company to work for, through if you're looking for job advancement is best to look elsewhere as the company tends to look outside for hiring and promotion. The retail style is more of that of a boutique with heavy reliance on customer capture and client appointments, which can make for some very enjoyable experiences as you'll be forging some strong relationships with some of your clients.
Pros
great atmosphere, fun job, overall great experience
Cons
Long hours, poor scheduling, small staff, lesser job advancement
Typical sales job, but more pressure
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North York, ON11 August 2016
Ovarall I enjoyed some of my co-workers, but management put a lot of pressure on sales and at times they made it feel like we were the sole cause of not meeting the sales plan. Mangement did not treat their employees like they actually cared about them.
The most enjoyable part was dealing with pleasant customers, the hardest part was bouncing back from a large or several returned items.
Also, they cut hours like crazy when sales are slow (3.5 hr shift, yes it really did get that bad)
I learned how to talk to people and build relationships with frequent customers.
Pros
Employee discount, nice co-workers
Cons
management lacks humanity, no upward advancement
Fun
Stylist /Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 July 2016
fun working in the fashion industry if thats what you're into. not much potential for growth however decent pay for a entry level position.
lots of work to do on Employee engagement
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 July 2016
90% of company efforts goes to merchandise creation and marketing. too little invested on workforce, besides the basics,
Pros
clothing
Cons
lack of organization/planning
Productive workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC12 June 2016
A normal day at BCBG isn't always very high paced, but we always kept ourselves productive with cleaning or organizing. I would say I learned lots of things while being employed here, I am now very comfortable assisting customers and providing them with the best customer service, and am very comfortable working in a group setting and working together as a team to meet sales goals etc. The hardest part of my job was getting used to working for a high fashion brand and making that a part of my life. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to experience so much more in the way of fashion, I feel as though I am now much more comfortable in my sense of style due to being surrounded by fashion.
Pros
great employee discount
Cons
clothing very expensive to purchase while on a student budget
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 June 2016
Amazing place to work and see what high-end retail is like.
I learned plenty about customer service and experience and high-end clientelling.
Management all depends on the location you work at, but team work is important.
hardest part is working during holiday and weekends.
enjoyed the discount, the people, making people feel good as they try on our clothes.
Pros
discount, fun teams
Cons
holiday and weekend working
Stressful and bi-polar environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 May 2016
Constant pressure to improve the sales when the stores are busy at all. Rules changes almost everyday - things that was okay yesterday wouldn't be okay tomorrow. Hours will be cut if you don't buy clothes from the stores with the employee discount. With less than 4 hours of work per week, it didn't make sense to buy clothes to wear to my work there. Clothes were very expensive even with the discounts with 4 hours of work. No appreciation or recognition of any talent. Lot of empty promises of pay raise and hours raise were given. If you want to buy clothes at discounted price and that's the only reason you want to work - then work here. Otherwise, don't bother because you wouldn't get paid enough to pay your bills.
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
Always changing rules, constant threats of hour cuts, extreme pressure to buy clothes from the store
Great place to learn about fashion and clienteling
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON12 May 2016
Great environment to work in, amazing people and amazing product. An opportunity to work one on one with customers, create long lasting relationships and friendships.
Beautiful clothes
Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 May 2016
Very snobby environment, All staff get a long. No advancement unless you kiss ***
Have to sell high numbers or your fired
sales associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 April 2016
cleaning the floor, learned about the different items, coworkers were very social and amazing to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the customers who loved the items.
Fast-paced and challenging atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 March 2016
Working for BCBG Max Azria taught me many of my sales tactics that I know today. Having to keep up with cliental, make sure they are aware of upcoming events, constantly working to achieve a sales goal for the day, week and month. It was challenging to have to work where your co-workers become your competition, but it was also the most enjoyable to see my co-workers give help when needed.
productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 February 2016
Managers were very nice and employees were very friendly. Had to work long hours but it was worth it in the end. Time passes by fast so it makes work easier.
Pros
Breaks, great communication with managers
wasn't my favourite place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  White Rock, BC7 February 2016
a typical day would consist of coming in at around 9-10 and leaving at 8 sometimes 9. for me personally it was extremely boring and not something I would think of doing anytime soon. Not many people came in, there were to many people working at one time 8-9 people. and i was left sorting clothes and sizes for 7-8 hours per day. the management was good nothing to eye opening. my co workers were polite and nice to talk to, but also agreed the hours and how the shifts were set up were not the best. hardest part of the job was the extremely long and boring hours, rarely doing anything all day.
Pros
met new people
Cons
extremely long hours and poor dress code
Poor work environment
associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 November 2015
poor management, poor district manager.
Clothing quality is going down the drain & the clothing isnt worth the price. Expect the world out of you with little in return. All in all there was a high turnover rate.
Fun atmosphere, great discounts
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 November 2015
Very professional and friendly team. Managers are amazing and encouraging. Sales goals can seem high sometimes, but everyone works as a team and helps each other. Training is great and discount is good as well which is a great bonus.
productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 October 2015
People were very kind and polite and had much fun working with them. If there weren't customers than would be doing stocking in the back room.
Not Worth It
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  BCBG West Edmonton Mall7 October 2015
I worked there for a short amount of time. The money isn't that great and the commission is impossible to reach if you store is super dead like mine was. My manager was also crazy and that didn't help. I had the highest commission in the store and still got passed up on a promotion. Never ever doing that again.
Retailing with BGBC
Key holder temp (Current Employee) –  Bloor St Store6 October 2015
Currently I am an acting key holder with BCBG. I have a great supportive management team and learn things daily about my role and personal growth. I drive the sales and team daily while being a stylist to our clients not selling them. Great tools are in place to help me achieve my goals and if you are looking for full time management in retail and can work the required hours I highly recommend this company.
Pros
Great clothing
Cons
Long hours at times and weekends