BCBG MaxAzria Employee Reviews

The store is closing down now
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 March 2017
I like the working atmosphere but employers can tell that the company is going down now and the managers in the store do not stay in a long while, they come and go.
Pros
Commision
Cons
Employee benift
Friendly, productive workplace
Sales Associate/Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 March 2017
A work day at BCBGMAXAZRIA was blissful, never had to worry about others, not doing their part. These like minded people have mastered an efficient way to balance work/personal life, by being flexible in their work hours, along with giving discounts to their employees for their expensive designer pieces. Their established way of doing things has shown the success of the company.
Great people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 February 2017
Overall the people you work with are amazing, and really down to Earth. The management or district managers see you as just a figure. No care for staff. Only care about sales goals with minimal rewards.
Pros
Associates
Cons
The Company
Bcbg
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Guildford, BC16 February 2017
It was okay working here, it didnt have much room to grow. I guess its like any other retail job, a lot of relocation and shift changes. Management was confusing to follow.
Fun,Outgoing
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 January 2017
great place to come out of your shell if your a shy person.
Loved to learn new ways to interact with difficult people and understand their needs. Always ready for positive atmosphere
great energy from manager and supporting staff.

great discounts for staff because we had to wear current trends to show clients promotions
Pros
lovved going to work
Cons
lomg hourrs aroung hoildays
Productive and Fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Yorkdale, ON12 January 2017
An amazing group of people to work with.
Fun
Enjoyable
Great hours
Lots to learn everyday
Creative
Great sense of the fashion world
Productive and great manager
Overall , it was an experience
Gérante des ventes (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 November 2016
- Very organize with daily planner.
- Poor work environment , no team work .. .
- The hardest part of the job is working 12 hours shift and only having a 30 min break due to poor scheduling..
great fashion. bad work environment... catty.
Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  sherway9 October 2016
high turnover, management on power trips, all female staff lead to a lot of internal issues.

nepotism.

but excellent discount.... is it worth it?
high sales pressure.
salary .... min. wage
Beautiful product and fun environment but many systems need an upgrade
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC20 September 2016
BCBG provides great opportunity for learning and growth. The downside is that benefits and pay structure has not been updated to match that of the competitors.
Great company culture, less so for advancement
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 August 2016
The people are downright amazing, and it's a very welcoming company to work for, through if you're looking for job advancement is best to look elsewhere as the company tends to look outside for hiring and promotion. The retail style is more of that of a boutique with heavy reliance on customer capture and client appointments, which can make for some very enjoyable experiences as you'll be forging some strong relationships with some of your clients.
Pros
great atmosphere, fun job, overall great experience
Cons
Long hours, poor scheduling, small staff, lesser job advancement
Typical sales job, but more pressure
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North York, ON11 August 2016
Ovarall I enjoyed some of my co-workers, but management put a lot of pressure on sales and at times they made it feel like we were the sole cause of not meeting the sales plan. Mangement did not treat their employees like they actually cared about them.
The most enjoyable part was dealing with pleasant customers, the hardest part was bouncing back from a large or several returned items.
Also, they cut hours like crazy when sales are slow (3.5 hr shift, yes it really did get that bad)
I learned how to talk to people and build relationships with frequent customers.
Pros
Employee discount, nice co-workers
Cons
management lacks humanity, no upward advancement
Fun
Stylist /Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 July 2016
fun working in the fashion industry if thats what you're into. not much potential for growth however decent pay for a entry level position.
lots of work to do on Employee engagement
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 July 2016
90% of company efforts goes to merchandise creation and marketing. too little invested on workforce, besides the basics,
Pros
clothing
Cons
lack of organization/planning
Productive workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC12 June 2016
A normal day at BCBG isn't always very high paced, but we always kept ourselves productive with cleaning or organizing. I would say I learned lots of things while being employed here, I am now very comfortable assisting customers and providing them with the best customer service, and am very comfortable working in a group setting and working together as a team to meet sales goals etc. The hardest part of my job was getting used to working for a high fashion brand and making that a part of my life. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to experience so much more in the way of fashion, I feel as though I am now much more comfortable in my sense of style due to being surrounded by fashion.
Pros
great employee discount
Cons
clothing very expensive to purchase while on a student budget
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 June 2016
Amazing place to work and see what high-end retail is like.
I learned plenty about customer service and experience and high-end clientelling.
Management all depends on the location you work at, but team work is important.
hardest part is working during holiday and weekends.
enjoyed the discount, the people, making people feel good as they try on our clothes.
Pros
discount, fun teams
Cons
holiday and weekend working
Stressful and bi-polar environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 May 2016
Constant pressure to improve the sales when the stores are busy at all. Rules changes almost everyday - things that was okay yesterday wouldn't be okay tomorrow. Hours will be cut if you don't buy clothes from the stores with the employee discount. With less than 4 hours of work per week, it didn't make sense to buy clothes to wear to my work there. Clothes were very expensive even with the discounts with 4 hours of work. No appreciation or recognition of any talent. Lot of empty promises of pay raise and hours raise were given. If you want to buy clothes at discounted price and that's the only reason you want to work - then work here. Otherwise, don't bother because you wouldn't get paid enough to pay your bills.
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
Always changing rules, constant threats of hour cuts, extreme pressure to buy clothes from the store
Great place to learn about fashion and clienteling
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON12 May 2016
Great environment to work in, amazing people and amazing product. An opportunity to work one on one with customers, create long lasting relationships and friendships.
Beautiful clothes
Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 May 2016
Very snobby environment, All staff get a long. No advancement unless you kiss ***
Have to sell high numbers or your fired
sales associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 April 2016
cleaning the floor, learned about the different items, coworkers were very social and amazing to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the customers who loved the items.
Fast-paced and challenging atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 March 2016
Working for BCBG Max Azria taught me many of my sales tactics that I know today. Having to keep up with cliental, make sure they are aware of upcoming events, constantly working to achieve a sales goal for the day, week and month. It was challenging to have to work where your co-workers become your competition, but it was also the most enjoyable to see my co-workers give help when needed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BCBG MaxAzria. Our community is ready to answer.