BCBG MaxAzria Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
sales associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brampton, ONApril 22, 2016
cleaning the floor, learned about the different items, coworkers were very social and amazing to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the customers who loved the items.
productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 8, 2016
Pros: Breaks, great communication with managers
Managers were very nice and employees were very friendly. Had to work long hours but it was worth it in the end. Time passes by fast so it makes work easier.
wasn't my favourite place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), White Rock, BCFebruary 7, 2016
Pros: met new people
Cons: extremely long hours and poor dress code
a typical day would consist of coming in at around 9-10 and leaving at 8 sometimes 9. for me personally it was extremely boring and not something I would think of doing anytime soon. Not many people came in, there were to many people working at one time 8-9 people. and i was left sorting clothes and sizes for 7-8 hours per day. the management was good nothing to eye opening. my co workers were polite and nice to talk to, but also agreed the hours and how the shifts were set up were not the best. hardest part of the job was the extremely long and boring hours, rarely doing anything all day.
Poor work environment
associate (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 15, 2015
poor management, poor district manager.
Clothing quality is going down the drain & the clothing isnt worth the price. Expect the world out of you with little in return. All in all there was a high turnover rate.
Fun atmosphere, great discounts
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 5, 2015
Very professional and friendly team. Managers are amazing and encouraging. Sales goals can seem high sometimes, but everyone works as a team and helps each other. Training is great and discount is good as well which is a great bonus.
productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brampton, ONOctober 26, 2015
People were very kind and polite and had much fun working with them. If there weren't customers than would be doing stocking in the back room.
Not Worth It
Sales Associate (Former Employee), BCBG West Edmonton MallOctober 7, 2015
I worked there for a short amount of time. The money isn't that great and the commission is impossible to reach if you store is super dead like mine was. My manager was also crazy and that didn't help. I had the highest commission in the store and still got passed up on a promotion. Never ever doing that again.
Retailing with BGBC
Key holder temp (Current Employee), Bloor St StoreOctober 6, 2015
Pros: Great clothing
Cons: Long hours at times and weekends
Currently I am an acting key holder with BCBG. I have a great supportive management team and learn things daily about my role and personal growth. I drive the sales and team daily while being a stylist to our clients not selling them. Great tools are in place to help me achieve my goals and if you are looking for full time management in retail and can work the required hours I highly recommend this company.
Clean and well organized workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONSeptember 22, 2015
Pros: Great work environment and co-workers
Cons: Long stays after closing to clean
Overall, working at BCBG was very beneficial as it taught me how to deal with different types of customers. From getting questions about product or needing assistance finding an item, this workplace was very good. Although, being the new girl, sometimes the co-workers did not always tend to me when I needed assistance but I always persevered and tried my best to complete my tasks and duties.
Is Good
Fashion Associate (Former Employee), North York, ONSeptember 22, 2015
Pros: I am respected to do my job the way I feel best
Cons: My hourly wage has never changed as it is still minimum.
Beautiful fashion, unfortunately quite expensive, but good quality that can last for years and not go out of style. People are enjoyable to work with, both staff and clients.My personal development gives me joy as I have learned to love and do the best I can. Also, the employee discounts are very good.
Stylist, Payroll, Visual Merchandise, Schedules, Transfers/Stock, Client bookings
Conseillère à la vente (Current Employee), Montréal, QCSeptember 20, 2015
Pros: employees discount, sometimes paid lunches
Cons: long hours
Fun work place, with an overall good management team, always learning new things, could be considers a fast pace environment in some days, therefore employees needed to be very quick and ready to perform various tasks at once. I loved the contact with the clients, learning and meeting new people from very different backgrounds, as well, I got to learn new tasks such as payroll, doing the schedule for employees, planing the day and the tasks that the others employees needed to perform, I loved how much the managers allowed me to grow, but this is not my filed and I was not completely fulfilled.
Beautiful Store
Greeter (Former Employee), Surrey, BCAugust 30, 2015
Personally this was not the right job for me at the time, but overall the job was fantastic. Friendly co-workers and warm environment. Nice customers and quite relaxed place. Great job for you if you like retail.
Great Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, OntarioAugust 27, 2015
Pros: working in a fashion forward environment
Cons: long hours
*Demonstrated to drive personal business with client appointments and ensured that excellent service was provided to customers
*Helped customers in locating products
*Actively participated in merchandising projects, ie: daily stock maintenance, floor changeovers, product transfer, price changes
*Kept up-to-date with new company trends by viewing new style videos every month
*Greeted each customer with a positive attitude
Minimal training and development
Store Manager (Current Employee), Vaughan OntAugust 18, 2015
Pros: great discounts for staff
Cons: very long hours, alot of overtime and no pay to compensate.
There is minimal development, management does not believe in promoting within and would rather hire outside to fill the positions.
No potential for any growth nor increase in earnings as bonus structure is very minimal.
Incentives are rarely paid out to staff even when goals are met.
Very high physical demands with minimal compensation.
Required to work holidays and over time with no over time pay.
Staff is not valued and is viewed as replaceable.
GREAT employee discount on merchandise.
Management is horrible
Part-time Sales Associate (Current Employee), Vaughan MillsJuly 27, 2015
No balance between work life and personal. Management does not understand your needs. They treat sales representative very poorly.
Productive, competitive, fast and fun work place.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Markham, ONJune 24, 2015
Pros: Experience, clientele, good pay, benefits
Cons: Far distance from home, too much competition
Working and BCBG was an amazing experience to me. I had the opportunity to manage a staff of 4-6 girls daily. I learned a lot of new things working here, such as receiving and shipping out stock, carrying out Loss Prevention tactics, and performing monthly inventory successfully.

The management and staff were great. I was very pleased to learn from and work with them for a year; very strict but awesome.

The hardest part of the job was to build confidence in managing the staff. Sales and other work I adapted pretty quick but being able to make my own decisions with certain problems were a little but tricky in the first couple of months.

Overall, I had an absolutely amazing experience with the work, the staff, and the customers.
productive and fun place to word t
Senior Sales Stylist (Former Employee), mississaugaMay 19, 2015
typical day would include
-cleaning
-paperwork (sales goal, cleaning check list, sensor sweep)
- engaging and interacting with customers
-selling
- ensuring no theft was happening
Review Summary
Stylist (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 17, 2015
My typical day at work starts by cleaning the store before opening and making sure the store is presentable. I learned many skills that involved selling and treating customers. My co-workers were very nice and each person was willing to get to know each other. My manager was also very sweet and made sure we worked as much hours we needed and not over stress us.
No room for growth
Women's Stylist (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 1, 2015
Pros: relaxed enviroment
Cons: no growth
They only prioritize management in terms of pay and hours. Associate get treated bad and moving up internally is impossible.
Friendly and Easy Going
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONApril 5, 2015
Vaughan Mills mall where BCBG was located is always busy so there was always something to do. The staff was not bad just strict on policies which it should be. Interacting with customers was fun and working on a commission was a little bit difficult. Overall it was a great experience.