BCAA

BCAA Employee Reviews

Complex system of management.
Insurance Advisor 1 (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCFebruary 4, 2015
Too many levels of management to deal with. Dealing with supervisors, team leads, managers and department managers all with different ideas of what your performance should be and what is expected from you. No clear understanding where you should be. While room for you to grow is stated as an option its a slow process unless you have someone in higher tier in management giving you consent to move forward with career. Main person I was suppose to report to was not on my floor and never around when needed. Also never worked my position before how could they relate.
Pros
unsully open evniroment
Cons
too many people to report to.
Was a fun place to work and kept you busy all day!
MSC (Former Employee) –  ScarboroughSeptember 12, 2013
No communication with management and employee's. Was let go for no reason even though I was told my sales numbers and learning curve was excellent!
Manager lied to me on a few occasions. Mostly minor things but I don't need to be deceived just the same.
Customers told me personally that I was very helpful and personable to them and that they would ask for me again!
Staff was great and very helpful!
Pros
working with the public. also the other staff were great to work with.
Cons
commission split unfairly, only made $62 dollars in 3 months, misleading manager, and was not given a reason for dismissal.
Great Work Environment
Outbound Calling (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCOctober 29, 2015
I found my experience at BCAA to be very positive.

I learnt a lot. I've worked for BCAA as a Data Entry clerk and Outbound caller. In both of these positions BCAA was very flexible in how I approached problems.

My co-workers were very supportive, and encouraged me when I had questions.

My job title was unique as an Outbound caller, as BCAA typically doesn't call people actively. The hardest part of the job was the establishing a structure around the new practice, while learning the procedure for their calling system and note taking.
Pros
Positive Work Environment
Cons
Contract Ended
Current Changes
Greeter (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BCAugust 7, 2015
Right now BCAA has a anew CEO that's changing a lot, but because the head office is in Burnaby the PG office isn't acknowledged how it should be. We are a small town office that has a lot of potential but the staff's needs are being dismissed and therefore morale is down. We are constantly measured in sales and have targets for everything you can imagine, and instead of asking why we don't meet them, we're flooded with contests and incentives that we don't need. My boss is amazing and the staff are so kind, just be prepared to have SALES be your main / only focus.
Fun employees management sucks!
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Kitchener / waterlooJanuary 14, 2013
Worked for CAA car care for 18 months. Very little work in a busy town, they offered bonus' based on sales instead of flat rate which is fine however when the sales are so cheap the mechanics are LOSING money it's not a very productive work environment! No job security and they are constantly changing local management and roaming managers. Mass firings and lay offs are a daily deal with this company. Pays the bills I guess.... But both worth banging up your own tools over!
Pros
free roadside assistance membership
Cons
working for them...
Great company
Contract Network Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ontarioJuly 16, 2015
Not only is the business at CAA member driven the company as well viewed the employee's as member and treated each one of us as such. My time at CAASCO gave me opportunity to learn and develop not only my skills but acquire many more.

Starting as a member care counselor, I spent my final years supervising a group of 30+ associates to which I was able to help each one grow.
Pros
Opportunity to grow and advance your career
Cons
having to be available 24/7
This place needs a union to protect employees from mgt
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONNovember 23, 2012
A good company that is slowly deteriorating due to the upper managements total disregard for it's people.

For a company that reports themselves as being socially responsible they are anything but.

Mass firings of people with no reasons, only to be replaced by friends of those in management positions.
Pros
very few and becoming less
Cons
management

Comment – July 31, 2015

very true, comment here, once a good place to work, but yes now, not so, new management promotes unskilled former co-workers, and others being let go with no reason, people that were doing their jobs. Others being covered for their inadequacies or personal problems, why, because of who they know. Place is horrible for the politics she has brought.

a place you can learn a lot
Insurance Advisor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCMay 23, 2015
I have experienced a lot of learning from BCAA, they train new employees very good. Good work environment and nice co workers.
They always help each other out
It was a fun workplace
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCJanuary 2, 2013
I really enjoyed working at BCAA. I really loved to work with my co-workers. Unfortunately they've decided to outsource the mail services to a different company.
overall great work experience
Member Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ONDecember 10, 2012
Great experience working as part of the summer student program. Very good training program, friendly and helpful staff and management.

Comment – December 17, 2012

If you are a former employee,..lucky you. the place has certainly taken a dive as far as morale goes and we constantly hear about the days firings and promotions of friends of the upper management. Dr Doolittle would be ashamed. those who work here know what I mean.

Fun work place!
Accounting Associate (Current Employee) –  Thornhill, ONMarch 20, 2014
Excellent experience! I have enjoyed my time spent at CAA but I am looking forward and feel ready to take up more challenges now.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
nothing much!
Room for advancement but a lot of politics
General Accountant (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ONJanuary 16, 2014
Good place to work, I learned a lot. Food was good, work was interesting, room for advancement was present.
Pros
good caf
Cons
politics
We make bad days good and good days better
Human Resources Consultant (Current Employee) –  Thornhill, ONApril 21, 2014
A 100 year old company that focuses on the safety and happiness of our members.