BC SPCA Employee Review

Most Fullfillment experience
Pet Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC19 September 2012
I enjoyed this experience very much because there was no time limit or deadline for the tasks. I was assisted with a staff to double check the cat food amount. The hardest part of the job was I could not reach too far inside the upper cage. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the cats. I needed to maintain the cat areas clean and each cage had enough toys for the cats. Staff were very friendly and approachable. From this experience I learned that cleaning cat cages were not that typical.
Pros
working with the cats
Cons
the cages were too tall.

Other BC SPCA Employee Reviews

Tough
Animal Care Attendant 1 (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC3 April 2017
Love my job, love the animals. Us animal lovers are crazy and hard to deal with, so gathering 16 of them and putting them in a high stress environment is bound to be a recipe for trouble. We manage, somehow.
Pros
cute animals, getting to see creatures find homes
Cons
euths, tiny budgets
A fun supportive environment
Animal Care Attendant (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC25 November 2016
Everyone at the SPCA are super nice and friendly. This is the best place to volunteer because a normal day there is I go in and make sure everything is organised and every animal has o=water and food. Then I just get to go play with eh animals so they get used to people touching and petting them. I have a shift every Thursday from 4-6 and I work with 2 other girls both a year older then me. The best and worst part is that I fall in love with the animals but then they finally find their forever home.
Pros
Getting to see animals each week
Cons
That I only get to be there for two hours