BC SPCA Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Amazing Volunteer Experience at BCSPCA
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC11 June 2015
While volunteering at the SPCA I got to meet an incredible staff, as well as many volunteers who take time out of their days to interact and help animals in need, as well as all the amazing animals at the shelter, especially the beautiful dogs. As I am a dog walker at the SPCA I get to handle and interact with them on a weekly basis.
Pros
Getting to interact with dogs every week
A wonderful Place to work
Receptionist,Animal control Assistant (Former Employee) –  Williams Lake BC21 July 2015
In all the years that I worked for the BC SPCA it was one of the most amazing experience's I have had and would refer anyone to work for them.
Pros
Great People to work for and with
Cons
The public can be really hard to deal with
Most Fullfillment experience
Pet Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC19 September 2012
I enjoyed this experience very much because there was no time limit or deadline for the tasks. I was assisted with a staff to double check the cat food amount. The hardest part of the job was I could not reach too far inside the upper cage. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the cats. I needed to maintain the cat areas clean and each cage had enough toys for the cats. Staff were very friendly and approachable. From this experience I learned that cleaning cat cages were not that typical.
Pros
working with the cats
Cons
the cages were too tall.

4.8