BC SPCA Employee Reviews

Worth volunteering for.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC28 August 2017
Being a volunteer at Kamloops' BCSPCA was fun. You didn't get any benefits but it didn't matter to me because I got to talk with great people and pet cats.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
only 1 hour every week
Tough
Animal Care Attendant 1 (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC3 April 2017
Love my job, love the animals. Us animal lovers are crazy and hard to deal with, so gathering 16 of them and putting them in a high stress environment is bound to be a recipe for trouble. We manage, somehow.
Pros
cute animals, getting to see creatures find homes
Cons
euths, tiny budgets
Incredible team and a lovely environment!
Animal Care Attendant (Current Employee) –  Courtenay, BC3 February 2017
It's a fantastic place to work, you're surrounded by resourceful, intelligent and ambitious workers. There isn't time or space for stagnant people.
Pros
Good hours, great bosses, good environment, good benefits
A fun supportive environment
Animal Care Attendant (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC25 November 2016
Everyone at the SPCA are super nice and friendly. This is the best place to volunteer because a normal day there is I go in and make sure everything is organised and every animal has o=water and food. Then I just get to go play with eh animals so they get used to people touching and petting them. I have a shift every Thursday from 4-6 and I work with 2 other girls both a year older then me. The best and worst part is that I fall in love with the animals but then they finally find their forever home.
Pros
Getting to see animals each week
Cons
That I only get to be there for two hours
Fun Place to volunteer and communicate with outgoing people.
Animal Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC16 May 2016
Typical day included being in charge of all the animals being fed, having a constant supply of fresh water and a comfortable surface to sleep, as well as having the rooms and cages regularly cleaned. They are equally responsible for the animals’ mental health, in particular to ensure the animals are being taken out of their cages on a regular basis, being walked and getting treats. Management was nice and seemed quite friendly.
the best place ever
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC18 February 2016
you get to see all these animal find a new home and it make you so happy that you help some animal that needed the most and that the end of the day it is the most best feeling you will ever feel.
A wonderful Place to work
Receptionist,Animal control Assistant (Former Employee) –  Williams Lake BC21 July 2015
In all the years that I worked for the BC SPCA it was one of the most amazing experience's I have had and would refer anyone to work for them.
Pros
Great People to work for and with
Cons
The public can be really hard to deal with
Amazing Volunteer Experience at BCSPCA
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC11 June 2015
While volunteering at the SPCA I got to meet an incredible staff, as well as many volunteers who take time out of their days to interact and help animals in need, as well as all the amazing animals at the shelter, especially the beautiful dogs. As I am a dog walker at the SPCA I get to handle and interact with them on a weekly basis.
Pros
Getting to interact with dogs every week
Hands on dog experience
Kelowna SPCA Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC20 February 2015
A lot of experience with dogs in different conditions. There are no benefits as its only volunteer. But the people that you get to work with are very pleasant and being able to help a dog find a new home it quite rewarding.
Pros
Dogs everyday
Cons
No benefits or rising in employment
it was nice to be able to care for homeless animals and be of help to the SPCA
Volenteer (Former Employee) –  Williams Lake, BC14 March 2013
i would volunteer at the SPCA on Saturdays and i could take dogs on a walk and clean and feed animals and i would clean out their cages
Pros
being able to help
Cons
i could only go on fridays because their hours conflicted with school
Most Fullfillment experience
Pet Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC19 September 2012
I enjoyed this experience very much because there was no time limit or deadline for the tasks. I was assisted with a staff to double check the cat food amount. The hardest part of the job was I could not reach too far inside the upper cage. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the cats. I needed to maintain the cat areas clean and each cage had enough toys for the cats. Staff were very friendly and approachable. From this experience I learned that cleaning cat cages were not that typical.
Pros
working with the cats
Cons
the cages were too tall.
An excellant environment to use both selling and management skills with love for animals and your community.
Fundraising Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, B.C.22 August 2012
- work with the BCSPCA animals
-work with the press - all facets
- special events throughout the community
- worked with young and old animal lovers
- hard to see when animals have to be put down for health reasons
- best to be helping others - whether human or animal - young or old
Pros
communinty involvement
Cons
blank