BC Pension Corporation Employee Reviews

Temp position
Data entry (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC13 September 2015
This was a temp position for 3 months and I hated it. Just data entry, management was not friendly and unwilling to train.
Transformation inflight
Change Management Specialist, Consultant (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC5 September 2015
The organization is undertaking a large transformation, causing significant changes to the teams, and increasing challenges to the overall morale and trust in the organization. Teams are focused on improving culture and looking to support employees.
A very busy work environment with deadlines; always room to improve yourself.
Benefit Representative (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC8 April 2013
A typical day of work would include phone work as well as greeting walk in clients; government employees. Phone work could be government employees as well as their human resources or area contacts.
There were several processes to complete for employees where we did pension estimates, purchase of service estimates and other general enquiries from employees. With government, co-workers come from many different enviroments and are very different. I work with anyone as I learned that you don't have to like everyone but you must work with everyone. I learned this early in my career with the government.
The hardest part of the job was receiving conflicting information from our supervisors of our specific plan.
The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with our clients and satisfying them with the information we provided.
Pros
satisfying job, taking a client from ignorance about their plan to preparing them for retirement.
Cons
like i said there were many mixed messages by our higher piers.

Want to know more about BC Pension Corporation?

Ask a question