BC Liquor Distribution Branch Employee Reviews

Excellent place to work
Contractor - Executive Assistant, Distribution (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 August 2017
Good wage, good people to work with, room for advance. Employees are very friendly and always willing to help. Ability to work independently and learn at your own pace.
Auxiliary position
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC23 January 2017
Great people, customers. Love the job itself but being on call for the first few years is tough. Everyone starts out as Auxillary and it can take years to become permanent. It's great for those with supplement income ie: spouse, living at home. But for a single person it's tough.
Pros
Great job duties
Cons
Living on call each day
Great job!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC28 September 2016
Cashiering, asking for ID from younger looking customers, bagging purchases, stocking shelves.
Everyone was super friendly and helpful.
Most enjoyable was working with the public and friendly staff.
Hardest part of the job was one drunk guy who came in waving a broken bottle around asking for a refund.
Pros
Union job, friendly staff, happy customers
Cons
Takes years to get on full-time
A joke of a govt institution
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 September 2016
Managers base your performance reviews based on how well and much you suck up to them. Extremely lazy mgmt, no advancement opportunities. Good employees are not valued, do not expect to come in and wow anyone. Management is jaded are at the forefront of gossipmongering and violating human rights.
Pros
Xmas potluck, one day off every 3 weeks
Cons
No opportunity for advancement, flawed management, lack of integrity, corrupt, requests are completed based on if you're liked, competency, efficiency and intiative is punished.
Fun workplace if you meet the right department
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC31 July 2015
There are some managers who are very personally and professionally flawed but keep their office because of seniority

Workers are good if you meet the right department.

High turnover in some department

Easy to get in, impossible for advancement

Apply, get in, get experience and transfer
Pros
1 day off every 3 weeks (unpaid)
Cons
professionally flawed management (some)
Work Practicum Student
Work Practicum Student (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 October 2014
I was there for about two weeks for my work practicum. I can only comment that the staff were absolutely friendly and gave me a wide variety of tasks to do in order to put my office administration skills to use.
Fun workplace
Relief as a supervisor and product consultant (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford28 May 2014
Typical day would be unloading liqour load in the warehouse. Learned how to recommend the right wine to customers. Learned how to do schedules and payroll. Learned how to order products. Learned how to cash out a till. Our management team seems to change a lot, but they were all good managers. My co-workers were easy to get along with, a fun enviroment to work in. We are always having fun while working. The hardest part of my job was dealing with intoxicated customers. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with great co-workers.
Good work environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 October 2013
An office environment consisting of employees who work together cohesively to reach their goals. As with any workplace, there are some communication problems between staff and middle to higher management which is probably due to policital agendas.

Not receiving recognition or appropriate pay for the work accomplished. Interaction among co-workers who have the same goals is the most enjoyable part of my job.
Union Heck
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hope, BC29 May 2012
Coworkers were grumpy old timer union extremists.

Area Managers are not helpful.

Store Managers are more like store dictators.
Pros
good wage, stat holidays
Cons
everything is seniority based

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BC Liquor Distribution Branch. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8