British Columbia Hydro & Power Authority (BC Hydro) is a Canada-based company. The Company is engaged in generating, purchasing, distributing and selling electricity. BC Hydro operates 41 dam sites (75 dams), 80 generating units at 30 hydroelectric facilities, and nine units at three thermal generating plants. Its hydroelectric facilities are located mainly on the Peace and Columbia river systems and on the Pacific Coast. The Company provides between 43,000 and 54,000 gig watt hours of electricity accounting for approximately 90% of total generation. BC Hydro’s thermal power plants contribute the remaining 10% of generation. Its thermal and hydroelectric facilities have an installed capacity of approximately 11,300 megawatts. The Company delivers electricity to its customers through a network of more than 74,000 kilometers of transmission and distribution lines.
(Source: ARS) – less–ZoomInfo