BBM Canada Employee Reviews

Productive place to work
Market Researcher (Former Employee) –  North York, ONAugust 21, 2012
- A typical day at work includes calling and cold calling Canadians nationwide to ask for their participation in a survey, also entering received data into the computer system

- I've learned proper telephone etiquette for a work setting

- The management team was not supportive, there wasn't much room for discussion or socializing among co-workers outside of the lunch room

- The hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult interviewees on the phone

- The most enjoyable part of the job was being in an office setting
Pros
good starting salary
Cons
isolating cubicles
Understanding management and great corporate culture
Market Research Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 28, 2013
It's a call centre so depending on your position you could have completely different experience at work. For people like me who were on of the interviewers the day was simple. You come in, call people for about 3 hours have a break half way through, then call people again for about another 2 hours. You don't get paid commission you get paid hourly because they are not selling anything, you're just trying to get people to do interviews for market research. If you are not god with dealing with people or talking to them this is a good way to learn how to talk to them. The management are really nice people and will often make small talk with you if they get the chance. Coworkers are also usually friendly. The hardest part of the job was dealing with unfriendly and difficult people on the phone, meeting the productivity quotas with some interview topics were difficult because some interviews have very personal questions. The most enjoyable part were definitely getting to know your coworkers and making new friends.
Pros
easy job, good pay
Cons
short breaks, and long hours
Fun, friendly work environment between employees and supervisor, extremely comfortable. Great place to learn things
Market Research Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 21, 2012
if you enjoy speaking all day this is a great job, simple but very rewarding job. There is advancement positions available for hose interested when other positions are open. Great pay. You learn things hat you may not know specifically when doing surveys you learn about pensions, hydro, the Ontario budget. It basically pushes you to learn more depending on the surveys that are being conducted.
Pros
friendly staff, overall great workplace to meet people, pay rate, advancement positions, consistency of feedback, ability to teach yourself
Cons
shortened hours, call ins to check for work after 2pm, evenings, weekends, slow workk resulting to low pay checks
Good job, short hours, based hours upon productivity. (Even for beginners)
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Moncton NBNovember 28, 2012
A day at work I would walk in, learn what I was dialling, dial it and read from a script (adding a bit of my own personality to it) and convincing the callee to take a mail sent survey about their entertainment habits.
I learned people skills and reading verbatim.
Management was well except for how the give out hours.
Co-workers were helpful and overall while at work the experience was good.
Hardest part of the job was dialling thendealing with angry people and still get them to agree.
The most enjoyable was dialling the easy going people and having a conversation rather then just reading (still getting through the call quickly but more enjoyable)
Pros
good teachers, and enjoyable work.
Cons
lack of hours, hours based upon productivity.
Productive and fun environment
Market Researcher Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 22, 2012
- Great relationship with management and supervisors
- Consistent with work and time management
- Excelled in communication with management and with leads on the phone
-Worked on various long and short studies
- Fun environment with great co-workers
Pros
gift cards
Cons
job security
Wished I could have worked.
Interviewer (Former Employee) –  TorontoSeptember 20, 2013
I got hired to work here. They messed up my training hours. So it showed I hadn't finished training and there fore was not booked for any shifts.
When we finally found out the problem, I still wasn't being booked for any shifts.
I informed them I wanted to quit as it doesn't make sense for me to have a job for two weeks and not have worked.
Not impressed with their lack of organization as the mixup happened because of a lack of communication between management.
Pros
good pay
Cons
only evening shifts.
Welcoming and productive work enviroment with exceptional co workers and management
Market Researcher (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 18, 2013
BBM Canada provides a superior work environment for their employees that is not typical to what most associate with a call center. The co workers and management provide the essential tools and assistant to strive in the growing media marketing industry.
Pros
great co workers, friendly environment, flexible schedule
Quality Of Staff
Call Floor Representative (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBJune 19, 2014
Walking into work each day is and always has been a different experience. Different people to work with everyday and different people to call across Canada everyday.

BBM Canada's staff really makes you feel like somebody when you're at work, and the best part is; when you go home, you don't know who you're going to be working with the next day.
Pros
an actual lunchroom and paid breaks
Cons
going in for an eight hour shift and being sent home after four
great part time job
Market Researcher (Current Employee) –  don mills and yorkmillsOctober 20, 2013
great supervisors, the highest paying call center in Toronto. Ability to advance to different positions, supervisors, quality assurance, peer mentor etc. hours are great, good for students looking to make extra money, or the elder person who cannot handle high stress levels. job requirements are very easy to meet and maintain.
Pros
flexibilty with scheduling
Cons
hours are not guarenteed
I will never work there again
Market Research Specialist (Former Employee) –  moncton, n.b.September 3, 2012
I really hated working for this company I have never met more power hungry supervises who feel the need to trash their employee's as much as i did here. the stress of the job is not worth the amount you get paid and it is not just the job itself, the work environment feels cold and lifeless
Pros
there are no pros to working there
Cons
everything is a con
Very good company. No regrets or complaints
Survey Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBMay 16, 2012
I found that they were a very fair and good company during the time I was with them. My only regret is that I could not have continued my post as a VCC!

I had both the priviledge and the responsibility of setting my own hours and days, thus I was able to be flexible at various times. Transportation was not an issue. It was also cost effective for both me and the company.

A typical day at work involved logging on to my computer and donning a headset to make automated outbound calls to various people all over Canada to hear their opinions on the media and other subjects.

I worked with a great team of people. At a typical workday, they were more than disembodied voices on the computer. They trained me to the best of my abilities and taught me to respect the opinions of all my leads, regardless of whether I agreed or not. They were also there for me when I needed assistance of any kind on the job.

I worked alone, however I did get to meet some of my coworkers and fellow trainees, and we had a lot of fun together learning what was required of us on the job

The most enjoyable part of the job was..not only being able to set my own hours but all the people with whom I interacted via the phone and in person.

The hardest part of the job was the fact that it did not last as long as I would have wanted.
pleasant but not enough hours
Call Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBDecember 31, 2012
Overall i enjoyed working there however , once your training is up your then put into a shift generator which only selects employes with higher productivity in calls. There for you hours decrease to no shifts until they need more people.. (not reliable hours)
Pros
friendly and quiet environment
Cons
no hours
Great Team
Market Research Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NBAugust 19, 2013
This company will invest a lot of time in to training you and are great for working around a school schedule. The managers are great at motivating you and helping you with any difficulty you are having with the job.
Pros
free snacks
Cons
mostly night shifts
Not a place for highly skilled Professionals
Research Interviewer - Media Research Projects (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 20, 2013
Worked in this position under compulsion.....(seasonal project)

Was not assigned to the appropriate role.
Pros
na
Cons
under utilized - skills, knowledge, experience.
Alright
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 23, 2012
Was on contract. Had different supervisors. Ones assigned to your team were polite. Non team designated members were a bit rude.
Pros
good pay, team was efficient, work was smooth
Cons
unfriendly outside of team, bad ventilation
Fast Paced, very well managed call center
Market Research (Former Employee) –  TorontoJanuary 14, 2014
This was a market research position where auto dial was used to generate calls in order to conduct market research surveys for radio and television stations.
Enjoyable
phone agent (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBNovember 2, 2012
Great relaxed laid back job enjoyed it all ready to work on my shifts and volunteer and still get paid
Pros
volunteer and still get pay
Cons
never trained much
I worked as part time
Telephone Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NBDecember 30, 2013
I did telephone interviews randomly, asking people about radio or tv programs preferences.
Keying the diary of televsion and radio rating
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 26, 2013
•Data Entry
•Keying the diary of Television and Radio rating
•Quality control
Random Schedual
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  MonctonMarch 15, 2013
Good working environment. Not many hours. People being called are not always polite.

2.8