Bazaarvoice Employee Reviews

Decent place to work
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX16 November 2016
Nice place to work but the new management is somewhat inept. Downsizing seems to be over but you can never tell. If you get the chance i would give it a shot.
Going downhill
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin28 June 2016
I have no words to mention about this organization. Micro managing, no clear vision, talking without goals, & untrustable. Product roadmap the most disastrous. The organization quickly grew but now it is collapsing faster.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No clear vision, un-trustable management
Company with a prospective future as an innovator, brand leader and creative talent overshadowed by poor management.
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX13 April 2016
Pros
-Meet and work with incredibly talented people
-Flexibility in work schedule (in office/remote/work from home)
-Be a part of a SaaS company that has arguably interesting and innovative products/services

Cons
-Uncertainty about what kind of leader you're going to get. (Don't know whether your leadership is going to help you thrive or set you back a few years. People are always leaving their jobs, thus department and team structures are always shifting on a rapid scale.)
-Blatant office politics. (People, usually leadership, manipulating their way to a bigger paycheck/recognition no matter the consequences, workplace go…

Overall
Take a deep look at the kind of managers and leaders you hire and how they treat their teams. Listen to what team members have to say and how they feel. Ask yourself why so many good, talented and exceptional people are leaving Bazaarvoice.
Pros
Work with talented people
Cons
Schizophrenic work enviornment, shady middle management
I was able to work at home
Syndication Analyst (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX14 October 2015
This is a great company to work for. They value hard work and dedication. I was able to work from home with the hours i decided, it was a blessing while my husband has been in Korea.
Awesome flexibility
Spanish and English Content Analyst (Current Employee) –  dallas, tx15 July 2015
I love working here. I work from home and get to set my own schedule, working anywhere from 16 hours to 28 hours a week. If I need to take time off, I just need to give one week's notice. The staff is friendly and hands off. As long as you work as correctly and efficiently, you will not get any micro managing.
Pros
remote staff happy hours
Fun - not too challenging job
Linguist / Bilingual Content Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin9 February 2015
Great company training, not much advancement, very flexible schedules, zero, not even for long time but part time employees.
Work can be monotone, but there is always something new.
If you love reading, this is a job for you.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
No benefits, no full time
BV Review
Market Strategy Intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX30 January 2015
I was an intern at BV in the summer of 2011. BV has a great culture as well as great career development opportunities. Management team is very accessible.
Pros
Unlimited snacks and drinks, chance to present to management
Cons
None!
Needs better leadership and processes
Full time (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX18 November 2014
The company has a bright future but seems to be going through serious growing pains. Too many new projects that haven't been planned or thought through enough. Crazy spending on frivolous things and departments, processes lack consistency and there is a lot of redundancy overall. For an innovative company they are lacking a lot of efficiency.
Pros
benefits, free snacks/drinks, culture
Cons
pay scale seems uneven, huge lack of position growth
Great Company. Awesome Flexibility. Average Compensation
Moderation Analyst (Current Employee) –  austin, texas5 November 2014
Get company. Only down side is its part time. great people at the company. Will work here always
Pros
flexibility
Cons
low pay
Fun environment, motivated employees, but have gone too corporate
Content/Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX5 May 2014
This was still a burgeoning start-up when I was there in '09-ish. BV was proud of their start-up culture then, but from what I hear, has gone toward the stuffy corporate culture since then.
nice people but pay is so-so
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX16 February 2014
Nice company, but compensation definitely lacks. This comes from their startup days in which they were paying less for people. Definitely not the place to make a lot of money. I've seen people laid off bc they were making too much.
Bazaarvoice Review
Client Success Director (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX2 February 2014
Great company. Great culture. Great people. You'll work hard and learn alot.
Great place for an internship
Product Design Intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX25 July 2013
Great internship experience, highly recommend it. Lots of talented people, great place to start a career!
Pros
Free Food, Fun Social Events, Monthly Team Outings
Cons
Office not in close proximity to food
Great place to work, great culture
Solutions Architect Bazaarvoice (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX31 December 2012
What can I say, this is where my career really has evolved into something meaningful. Great company, great people, great culture.
Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table
Operations Lead, Content Operations (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX12 April 2012
Unique social commerce industry; skilled, focused management
fast-paced Big Data environment
Tons of Fast Paced Learning and Fun
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX24 January 2012
Every single days flies right by me because there is always a ton to get done. I love this environment because its keeps me on my toes. Learning is something I want to do for the rest of my life so working with this incredibly intellegent people is perfect. Its a long process to get a job- interviews and presentation- but its worth the work!
Pros
fun work environment, flexable schedule, good talent, smart people, teamwork
Cons
sometimes too many cooks in the kitchen, so many ideas at once
OK Job with few Growing Opporrtunities
Content Moderator (Former Employee) –  Zuhause3 February 2016
16 fixed hours scheduled and up to 29 hrs per week. Applying of written guidelines while reading and evaluating reviews. Guidelines differ from client to client, so be careful not appying the wrong guideline ass they switch back and forth while also the guidelines change quite often. Clear expectations about speed and accuracy have to be met. Sometimes they offer incentives. They hire only in certain states.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
low pay