Job Title – Cabinet-maker: designer, builder, paint, spray finish of cabinets and wood-working, shop management
The cabinet maker will provide design of kitchens and long term management of a fully equipped cabinet shop in Richmond with future potential to move shop to Summerside.
Individual will work independently and will be mentored by and report to the Management Team of Bayside Builders.
The cabinet maker will report to Peter or Tim Brown, but will receive direction from all members of the Management Team.
The ideal candidate will bring a suitable set of educational credentials and pertinent past experience to the position. The following skills would be considered a definite asset;
- Organizational and Multi-Tasking Skills (for various work duties)
- Marketing & Business Skills (for promoting a positive company image to the community)
- Public Relations Skills (for representing company while dealing with clients & suppliers)
- Technology Skills (for using computer and office equipment)
MS Office – Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Auto-cad, kitchen design software.
- Knowledgeable on Construction Industry and Home Building (to understand clients’ needs)
- Ability to Learn and Follow Instructions with Minimal Supervision (to have duties delegated to)
- Hard Work Ethic & Standards (to have positive attitude, willingness to learn, and responsibility)
- Driver’s License and Vehicle (for travel to work, periodically to job sites, and to get the job done)
Duties and Responsibilities
The following is a list of duties and responsibilities the successful candidate will be expected to perform.
- Daily E-Mails from management, customers, suppliers, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities, con’t
- Daily or periodic progress reports to management
- Weekly or periodic digital pictures to take & update of the website for project & photo galleries
- Sorting and organizing digital pictures and other working documents on computer so constant updated project portfolio.
- Following-up with customers for new home purchase satisfaction level and issues of concern
- Building Trade shows help set-up and promote
- Website review, updates, and inquiries
- Assess / advise on general shop and equipment needs, maintenance and requirements
- Getting quotes for supplies and building materials and comparing / assess for savings
- Getting quotes from subcontractors on projects and outlining requirements and timetables if required
- Coordination between people & jobs to ensure smooth flow of information exchange
- Job warranty tracking & assessment; coordinating with work staff and client to ensure it is done
- Pick up misc. supplies as needed and possible delivery to job sites if required
- compile and maintain records on operating expenses and income
- monitor progress and costs of work for clients and property owners
- ensure response to trouble calls from clients or tenants
- Any other job tasks, duties, or requirements that may be required
- Special projects
Hours of Work
The Cabinet-maker will be expected to work 7:30am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday.
A ½ hour, unpaid lunch break will be provided between 12:00pm and 12:30pm.
Total work week 45 hours per week.
The successful candidate will be based on experience $15-19 per hour.