We are seeking a Full Time Pharmacy Manager for our Specialty Pharmacy location in St John’s, NB. This role performs all duties necessary to provide for the efficient daily operation of the pharmacy and providing quality products and services.
DUTIES AND RESPONIBILITIES
- Ensures compliance with federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations, policies and procedures and accrediting body standards.
- Obtains, interprets, and evaluates all physicians medication orders to assure therapeutic appropriateness, cost effectiveness, accuracy and completeness.
- Accurately maintains all legally required records.
- Provides technical and clinical information and communicates results of monitoring activities to patients, nurses and physicians as required regarding the contents, utilization, therapeutic actions, possible adverse reactions or interactions of drugs.
- Initiates, reviews and updates all Bayshore required documentation per Policy and Procedure
- Follows established procedures for drug and supply procurement and maintains appropriate inventory levels and preferred product selection of drugs, solutions and supplies.
- Performs accurate computer order-entry, labeling and dispensing in accordance with College of Pharmacist regulations.
- Participates with nurses and physicians in all clinical activities as required.
- Participates in Performance Improvement activities, educational programs and departmental/branch meetings.
- Works cohesively with and delegates appropriately to other team members.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Communicates with patients to obtain medication profile updates.
- Documents all communications in the Patient Medical Record (PMR) ..
- Reviews all new charts to ensure that all necessary paperwork is included.
Bachelors Degree (BSc) in Pharmacy, from an accredited college or university;
Hospital Pharmacy experience would be an asset.