Bayshore Home Health

Bayshore Home Health Employee Reviews

staff in the office are nice and professional except the one named Taylor
field staff (Former Employee) –  edmonton alberta29 May 2015
Very unprofessional
when talking to the field staff, she will degrade you as if your dying to get the job and there's no other job to apply for. when you complain about a rude family or client she will conclude right away that it is the field staff's fault. and will ask you if how long you have been in the company (trying to find out if you are just new) You cannot complain about your area, you cannot change your availability. for her you are just an employee and means nothing to the company. These lady sucks! she should not be working in the company as the office staff, she will put the company down. Poor lady i think she is not very happy in her life as it shows in her attitude.
Cons
bad attitude office staff
Client are super but the job is a time crunch
Home Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC17 April 2015
This company demands a lot from its employees in a short period of time. Time on the road is not compensated for. Gas mileage is no reimbursed. A small flat fee is the only compensation given between calls.
Pros
Ability to choose jobs to some extent
Cons
Heavy workload, fairly great distances to travel between calls with little compensation, Only paid for time in the hme
Bayshore
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  london27 March 2015
Working for bayshore was casual and not a lot of work as I found most pt want a female nurse most of my work was sitting with pt on the night shift.
Pros
clean work
Cons
non
great inservices
Registered Nurse Home Visiting (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON25 March 2015
Bayshore really cares about staff and clients. Bayshore never turns away a client.
Computer charting is still needing kinks to be worked out.
Worker safety is important, and company promotes their nurses to work safely.
Pros
Bayshore nurse really do care about their clients
Cons
you have to do midnight on-call as full time or part time, or get demoted to casual.
Love the health field
Client Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON24 March 2015
Able to help and interact with the clients.
Meeting new people. From co-workers, to field staff to clients and their families.
Fast paced environment.
Learned medical terminology.
Pros
Free lunches once a month
Cons
Traveling
level of operation
Community Nurse (Current Employee) –  York Region17 March 2015
I would expect that when there are nurse working autonomously, that the training would be a a high level. Also I would like to see continuity with the client care.
Pros
good pay
Cons
poor communication
supportive environment
Visiting Community Nurse (Current Employee) –  Richmondhill, on3 March 2015
Great place to work, The pay is not too good but sometimes when you work with such great stuff you can over look the pay. Been with this company for over 10years
Pros
supportive environment
Cons
A great experience to have
Percepted clinical placement (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON18 February 2015
Enjoyable job atmosphere. My days were filled with clients to see and to help. A slower paced environment compared to long term care, but still enjoyed it.
productive and creative
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 February 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is by taking care,rendering personal care to my clients as well as making jokes and fun to make your day enjoyable and make your patient laugh loud.
It was a job that made you feel that a differance was being made for the elderly
Client Service Co ordinator (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB13 January 2015
I enjoyed making a difference in the clients home with the care that was provided. I enjoyed communicating with the clients and their families.
I enjoyed staffing the field staff and being able to help out where needed with them.
The hardest part of the job was not being able to keep everybody happy even though you tried everything possible.
Pros
making a differance in the clients lives
Cons
the new area director did not know the roles of staff in the office
RPN
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON22 December 2014
Do not work for this company no matter how desparate you think you are, they will destroy your career, they are nothing more than a lying back stabbing, manipulating organization that pays garbage wages for nurses that have extensive skills, they cooridinators are retards. management is a joke, if you value your career, never , ever work for this company in any capacity whatsoever
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Enjoyble workplace with caring management and friendly co-workers
Resident Care Worker/Observational Care Provider (Current Employee) –  london, ON15 December 2014
Typical day at work is giving uninterrupted observational care to residents for their safety. Learned how to interact with physically and/or mentally sick people and keep them comfortably while their stay in hospital beds. I had an opportunity to work with hospital and company staff as well. The hardest part of the job is to interact with acute confused and mentally sick patients continuously through out the shift. The most enjoyable part of the job is giving a companionship to patients, which makes them happy and comfortable.
Horrible company - they do not care about you
CHW II (Former Employee) –  Burnaby BC10 December 2014
Bayshore is an AWFUL company to be empoyed with - they are constantly hiring because there turn over rate is so high. They have way too many employees so it is impossible to get PROPER HOURS. I have been employed with them as a secondary job for 1.5 years - recently they took clients away from my shifts due to a new policy that I have to go through bayshore to get my training. (palletive care, dementia care ect) EVEN THOUGH MY CERTIFICATES ARE NOT EVEN 3 YEARS OLD - I was willing to take their coarses however they DO NOT OFFER THEM EVENING AND WEEKENDS. This has made it impossible for me as I work my main job is Monday - Friday 8:30 - 5.

This is what my shifts looked like this week when I got fed up and finally quite
Monday I am available to work 6pm - 11pm they schedule me for a client from 6-7 then I don't have anyone until 9pm and my last client from 9-10. So I am basically working 6pm - 10pm and getting paid for only 2 hours. Since I am out there for 4 hours and it costs to much gas money to drive home and back again I am technically working for UNDER minnumum wage.

Tuesday night shift was a bit better as I had two client one from 7-8 and the other from 8-9 however one cancelled with more than 24hours notice so I was only scheduled for 1 hour. AGAIN it cost me more in gas and time driving to one clients house for an hour. By the time I pay my union dues and taxes I am basically getting paid minimum wage.

Thursday night I was scheduled for 3.5 hours and was going to be out for 5hours.

The only thing that kept me at Bayshore for over a year was the client. The
  more... people I worked for and was able to service were wonderful people.

My best and most sound advice would be - DO NOT WORK WITH BAYSHORE
Pros
Great Clients
Cons
BAD MANAGMENT - AWFUL HOURS -
Stay away from this company, unless you are desperate.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Brockville10 December 2014
The office environment is toxic. Favoratism runs rampant. Money is average for a home care company. No real future unless you play kiss up to the head honchos. Clients are the real "Positive". Poor leadership at this agency.
Pros
Clients
Cons
lack of appreciation to staff, staff are replaceable. Overall, not a great place to work as a nurse.
Great company that encourages growth with flexibility
OTA-PTA (Current Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area21 November 2014
working with Bayshore encourages me to grow by providing me with competitive wages, having empowering team, and flexibility.
Pros
encourages independence, knowledge, and skills
Cons
Needs dedication, perseverance, and adaptability
Excellent Employer
Home Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Smiths Falls, ON21 November 2014
Bayshore is an incredible place to work, as is the home care industry. Due to recent government criteria for services, however, the hours available have become less and less and less.

Perfect for someone looking for more part time and a strong work.life balance. Power to create own schedule.
Pros
Rewarding Industry
Cons
Lack of hours
i give bayshore 100%
care aid (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC17 November 2014
bay shore is a very wonderful company. they have helped me grow in all ramifications in my job as a care aid. and they always encourage you to be at your best. there is always a reminder to always check the care plan. they are always with you as you go.
Pros
they always aprreciate whenever you go an extra time .
Cons
no cons
Helped to get some experience and go forward.
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON10 November 2014
Overall, nice company to start with but I won't work for a long time because of the pay scale and driving a lot and pay yourself for the gas and time you drove.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
driving a lot
OCP
Observational Care Provider (Former Employee) –  London, ON1 November 2014
I like this job, it was hard to get the hang of it when you get. Some of the patients may be hard to deal with but if you want to get into the nursing field this is a good way to take a look at what it offers.
great co workers
Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON20 October 2014
My peers at this job made my time there very enjoyable, however I would like to move on to a company that can offer more advancement than Bayshore is able to at this time.
Pros
I got to work on a wonderful team of CSC's
Cons
no room for advancement, not using the full spectrum of my education

2.8