Bayshore Home Health Employee Reviews

I
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON13 August 2015
I'm going to say the hardest part of the job would be saying good-bye, wether it be they have passed on or just not needing our services.. The most enjoyable is starting my day out with a smile and receiving one back, makes me feel as tho I'm in the profession. i work with a great group of women who are always there to pitch in and work as a team when others are off. i love my job with working with elderly and altho some clients are not elderly it still feels great to b able to help in any way i can
Pros
elect to work
Great for starting out as Health Care Aide
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 December 2015
Promised a full time job - as soon as hired, the job was unavailable.
Not as stable as I needed.
Other health care aide's were amazing; always there to offer help
Always had someone to call for direct help or questions
staff in the office are nice and professional except the one named Taylor
field staff (Former Employee) –  edmonton alberta29 May 2015
Very unprofessional
when talking to the field staff, she will degrade you as if your dying to get the job and there's no other job to apply for. when you complain about a rude family or client she will conclude right away that it is the field staff's fault. and will ask you if how long you have been in the company (trying to find out if you are just new) You cannot complain about your area, you cannot change your availability. for her you are just an employee and means nothing to the company. These lady sucks! she should not be working in the company as the office staff, she will put the company down. Poor lady i think she is not very happy in her life as it shows in her attitude.
Cons
bad attitude office staff
rude and disrespectful
home care aide (Current Employee) –  bc21 June 2015
Most rude and disrespectful company. Except you to pick large clients on your own and do not allow help. Working there for 10 plus years got numerous compliments and awards for customer service through Bayshore and they only offer 1-2 hrs a day now or ask you to take a pay cut they hire all the time but don't help out long tenured employees with shifts
Pros
Cons
everything
Client are super but the job is a time crunch
Home Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC17 April 2015
This company demands a lot from its employees in a short period of time. Time on the road is not compensated for. Gas mileage is no reimbursed. A small flat fee is the only compensation given between calls.
Pros
Ability to choose jobs to some extent
Cons
Heavy workload, fairly great distances to travel between calls with little compensation, Only paid for time in the hme
It was a job that made you feel that a differance was being made for the elderly
Client Service Co ordinator (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB13 January 2015
I enjoyed making a difference in the clients home with the care that was provided. I enjoyed communicating with the clients and their families.
I enjoyed staffing the field staff and being able to help out where needed with them.
The hardest part of the job was not being able to keep everybody happy even though you tried everything possible.
Pros
making a differance in the clients lives
Cons
the new area director did not know the roles of staff in the office
Enjoyble workplace with caring management and friendly co-workers
Resident Care Worker/Observational Care Provider (Current Employee) –  london, ON15 December 2014
Typical day at work is giving uninterrupted observational care to residents for their safety. Learned how to interact with physically and/or mentally sick people and keep them comfortably while their stay in hospital beds. I had an opportunity to work with hospital and company staff as well. The hardest part of the job is to interact with acute confused and mentally sick patients continuously through out the shift. The most enjoyable part of the job is giving a companionship to patients, which makes them happy and comfortable.
great inservices
Registered Nurse Home Visiting (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON25 March 2015
Bayshore really cares about staff and clients. Bayshore never turns away a client.
Computer charting is still needing kinks to be worked out.
Worker safety is important, and company promotes their nurses to work safely.
Pros
Bayshore nurse really do care about their clients
Cons
you have to do midnight on-call as full time or part time, or get demoted to casual.
Promote Bayshore's serious injury progam to the community as well as Case Managed and problemed solved difficult situations.
Manager, Business Development National Care Team (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 August 2014
Bayshore Home Health was a great place to work. My director was supportive and pleasant to work with and provided a positive team environment.

My role was that of a case manager for major funding sources for families. Through networking, educational presentations and conference planning ~ my role was to promote Bayshore's service across Canada.
Pros
Wonderful team enviroment
Cons
Recognition for revenue created through postive case management
RPN
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON22 December 2014
Do not work for this company no matter how desparate you think you are, they will destroy your career, they are nothing more than a lying back stabbing, manipulating organization that pays garbage wages for nurses that have extensive skills, they cooridinators are retards. management is a joke, if you value your career, never , ever work for this company in any capacity whatsoever
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Productive and Enjoyable workplace with caring people
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON18 April 2014
Coordinator would call and ask if I wanted a new client and would sometimes give me the client information. Would go into a clients home. Do bathing,dressing,grooming, Light Housekeeping,Meal Prep. Management was very easy to get along with. Didn't see many co workers. Only time I saw co workers is when I worked in the retirement home. The hardest part of the job was getting used to being only one to reposition the client when they couldn't move themselves but eventually got used to doing it by myself. The most enjoyable part is being able to go into the seniors home and assist them with their needs.
Pros
Being able to achieve client needs and wants
Cons
Not enough hours
always a new day to experience great clients in the community
Registered practical nurse (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON13 March 2014
I ve learned to be a quick thinker and have utilized my assessment skills on an ongoing basis. Time management is key. hardest part of the job is not getting to attatched to my clients. I work in homecare and for consistency I have a few long term clients that I work with daily, completing all care and travelling within the community and school while providing personal care. the most enjoyable part of the job is being able to provide care and knowing that you are making a difference whether it be big or small in someones life.
benefits
Cons
traveling
Flexible place to work
Heath Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON29 August 2013
A typical night at work would be to just make sure the client is safe, help with transfers and toileting. The enjoyable part of this job is that I get to help people in need. I have learnt a new respect for the elderly doing this job.
Although I do enjoy my job and the pay, I would really like a change in life and would like to learn and do something new.
I do not enjoy working nights anymore and would love to work full time days doing something more physical, new and different.
I also do not like the fact of not knowing where I am going every time I get a new client and don't always have regular hours.
Pros
Flexible, good pay
Cons
not knowing what i am walking into, no regular hours, night shifts
Meeting new people everyday
PSW (Current Employee) –  KITCHENER18 March 2013
As a Person Support worker: home support, a typical day would be visiting diffrent clients in their home, some are very nice people but some not so nice. Management needs to improve more on the schedulling and communication. Some of the coordinators are just there they do not really know what they are doing, they call you one million times a day never give you enough hours to live on; maybe 1 hour a day it is really frustrating...and the pay is very low.
Pros
flexible hours..
Cons
not enough scheduled hours to live on
It's great being able to go from different clients thoughout the week
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON24 August 2012
There is no typical day everyday is different, that is why I do this job! I have learned to report everything whether it seems silly or not. The management team is great. they are extremely supportive when staff are having a bad day. Everyone that works there communicates well and we never get too personal. The hardest part of my job, just like in life is saying goodbye when you're not prepared. The best pat is seeing my clients smiling, or even laughing!
Pros
the clients
Cons
not enough hours
excellent place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON6 September 2012
Bayshore is a beautiful place to work. The staff and support are fantastic. The nursing care is excellent. Staff are alotted time to spend and assess their patients in an appropriate manner because there are very little time constrants. The hardest part of the job is wokring with clients for so long, attachment can sometimes be difficult at times. The most enjoyable part of the job is flexibility, support and compassion from your co-workers and management.
Pros
flexible and positive work environment
Cons
attachment to long term patients
Great getting to spend extra time with clients, non rushed.
Home Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK23 October 2012
A great company to work for there are many perks to the job. As long as you are able to work a variety of hours ie, day, evening, night then there is lots of potential to make money. Good benefits package and co-workers are really nice and helpful. Going through a restructuring and it can be confusing at times as to who management is and the office staff are inconsistent, other than that i really enjoyed working for Bayshore and would recommend applying.
Pros
flexibility and no penalty for refusing clients
Cons
no pay for mileage, new scheduling staff are inconsistent and make mistakes which leads to frustration, lack of of oversight (management is in saskatoon).
Adventurous productive job
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Kitchener Ontario8 July 2013
In this kind of job you must have a long patience, compassion, ethics, creative, time management,caring and work as a team to co-workers. I learn how to deal with different people with health related problem of the client, encouragement and motivation. Manage your time with the allotted time in providing care & follow the care plan. Its hard if there's a new related health concern or accident happens to a client. I'm happy if my client is getting better or there's improvement & if they are happy and give a compliment to us providing their care. The travel allowance is not enough it should be computed based on the mileage.
It was a good place to work
Front Line Office Staff (Former Employee) –  GTA3 April 2013
Things have really changed at Bayshore over the last couple of years.....not even close to what it used to be.

Too many management changes & they never seem to find a good "fit". The front line staff pay for this (job loss, never know what's going on)

Micromanaging employees that are skilled. On one occasion management requested office staff go and clean a clients home just to cover a shift.

If caregivers are not like they do not get booked.
Pros
benefits were good
Cons
management does not treat workers with respect
Shift nurse with end of life care clients
Shift Nurse (Current Employee) –  Barrie, and Utopia Ontario1 May 2013
I work night shifts as a Palliative Care shift nurse.Management at Bayshore is excellent, they are easy to get in touch with when they are needed. I work alone with the clients, my co-workers and i see each other at meeting and in-services only. The hardest part of my job is working alone, depending on the type of client i do get lonely at times. I love my job; its very rewarding, i am able to provide comfort to my clients and their families.
Pros
Independence, because i need to depend on myself, because i work alone.
Cons
I love my job, unfortunately i live in Brampton, but work in Barrie.

2.8