Bayshore Home Health Employee Reviews

Shift nurse with end of life care clients
Shift Nurse (Current Employee) –  Barrie, and Utopia Ontario1 May 2013
I work night shifts as a Palliative Care shift nurse.Management at Bayshore is excellent, they are easy to get in touch with when they are needed. I work alone with the clients, my co-workers and i see each other at meeting and in-services only. The hardest part of my job is working alone, depending on the type of client i do get lonely at times. I love my job; its very rewarding, i am able to provide comfort to my clients and their families.
Pros
Independence, because i need to depend on myself, because i work alone.
Cons
I love my job, unfortunately i live in Brampton, but work in Barrie.
Registered Practical Nurse - Management is unfair, only cares about their own money, nurses are disrespected, poor work conditions, etc.
Registered practical nurse (Current Employee) –  Mississauga 11 June 2013
Managers have their friendly nurses who they give personal benefits for. Even if a nurse works for 10 years in the community, they do not increase the transportation allowance to cover for the high gas prices and other costs. There is no pension plan. If a nurse is working in a clinic, they don't pay over time hours. If a nurse is working in community, they give 4 hours of work, spread throughout the day so that your time is wasted. Very poor management. Coordinators do not know how to do their jobs.
Pros
Staff are friendly and helpful
Cons
Managers are monsters
The clients are great and we get to have fun too!
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Oakville24 August 2012
There are no typical days, everyday is different. I have learned to make sure I report evrything even if it seems so small. The team is awesome they support you whenever you're having a bad day. The hardest part of this job just like in life is saying goodbye to clients that pass before we now it. I love being a PSW and the most enjoyment I get out of it is seeing my clients laughing.
Pros
clients
Cons
not enough hours
inconsistent work, very demanding, very short notice
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 April 2013
This is a company that promises a lot and doesn't deliver. There were no benefits, and no raises the entire 18 months I worked for them. I started working 55 hours a week but when I had a complaint about how I was treated, was cut dramatically. They won't tell you about any complaints from clients, and just really don't seem to care.
Cons
long hours, short notice cancellation, no benefits very poor pay
Run as fast as you can
nurse (Former Employee) –  Toronto31 March 2014
Worst company to work for. Unprofessional, uncaring, small minded group of people. The day I walked out of this company.. I got my life back. Not sure how they made fortune 50 designation...this company will not help you grow but keep at one level to make you a slave! No encouragement at all!
Pros
none at all!
Cons
long after hours your not paid for, dealing with third party company for patient info in call centre. incompetent HR department
Stay away from this company, unless you are desperate.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Brockville10 December 2014
The office environment is toxic. Favoratism runs rampant. Money is average for a home care company. No real future unless you play kiss up to the head honchos. Clients are the real "Positive". Poor leadership at this agency.
Pros
Clients
Cons
lack of appreciation to staff, staff are replaceable. Overall, not a great place to work as a nurse.
Co-op placement volunteer
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 March 2014
I volunteered at Bayshore Home Health for about 8 months. A typical day at work as a volunteer would be exciting and interesting because you never knew what to expect. I've learned how to file important documents, and how to input a new client into the computer system. The managers were friendly and always greeted me every morning I came in to volunteer. I got along with all the other employees and asked them for help when needed. I truly enjoyed volunteering here because it helped me gain experience in the medical field as well thought me how to book and schedule appointments. The hardest part of volunteering was having to leave a wonderful work environment like this place, I do hope that one day I can work at a place like Bayshore.
Pros
Free lunches on Special events
Bad and sneaky management
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mississauga,Ontario25 August 2014
At the beginning I enjoyed working for this company. The longer I was there, the more unpleasant it became.
Management plays favouritism and punishes you by not giving work if you do something they don't like.
They employ a lot of incompetent not caring individuals.
They love you to your face and belittle you behind your back.
As long as you do what they want, you are safe.
Certified Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  london, on11 January 2013
Bayshore is a really good place to work if you are looking for a dynamic workplace. Bayshore has the potential for growth if you take the opportunities that are given to you as an employee.
The office does need to work on getting organized and better comunication.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
communication is not what it should be for an employer who is rated in the top 50 employers.
Fast Paced, Educational Experience
Medical Receptionist/ Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON11 June 2014
I worked in a small office, where the 2 members of office staff had to take on the role of many different positions and departments.
I learned a lot about the medical field, as well as office and email etiquette.
The hardest part of this job was the constant restructuring, and no job security.
Pros
Professional
Cons
No job Security
My review with the companys I have work with was very ggod. They were very nice and well organized
Community Living Worker (Former Employee) –  Steeles and young25 October 2012
My typical day at work would be educational, Always learning new things from peer managements and people i meet everyday. I have work with people from all walks of life and the most wonderful thing i learn is never to be judgemental of people we meet. Go in with an open mind and everything will be fine.

I love to do my job to the best of my ability, and i always go over it to make sure its is done properly.The hardest part of my job is seeing one one in trouble or hurting and there is nothing in my power that i can do to help them.

The most enjoyable part of my job to have it completed, and makes a differences in all that i do. And have great boss and team players.
Pros
i enjoy working with people from all walks of life
Cons
not been treated with respected
Excellent Employer
Home Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Smiths Falls, ON21 November 2014
Bayshore is an incredible place to work, as is the home care industry. Due to recent government criteria for services, however, the hours available have become less and less and less.

Perfect for someone looking for more part time and a strong work.life balance. Power to create own schedule.
Pros
Rewarding Industry
Cons
Lack of hours
Extreme amount of raport built with patients.
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS22 October 2013
12 hour shifts ( am & pm ) on Neurology Unit.
Assist with daily needs - feeding, taking for walks, assisting to the washroom.
I learned that working with patients who are mentally unstable is very rewarding and something I want to continue with my career.
I loved everything about the job.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
short staffed
Great place lots of options and flexible hours.
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Smiths Falls Ontario11 January 2012
Great work place with happy, positive people. Paid training with career advancements. Postings within the company. Choose hours and locations to work. This company always made you feel that you were appreciated. Great insentives and awards weekly to do your best.
Pros
lots of paid training
Cons
not the best pay.
playing cards with clients, if clients do have dog bring out for a walk.
Personal support worker (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 February 2014
enjoying work out in the community, it is my passion when out in the community you get to know different people my many races. my hardest time working is when the clients has their moments when they want to work with me either then that I love my job as a personal support worker
Not a very caring company, for a Home Care provider
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 March 2014
Overall I enjoyed my job very much. Answering inquiries, assisting the home care aids when the called and documenting and reporting any prevalent and sensitive information to the appropriate Alberta Heath Service department. Being a female only office (not by choice), at times, many would be confrontational with each other and some were down right volatile. What was the clincher of their non empathy was when I was diagnosed with cancer and need to miss work many times for surgeries and recuperation time. They were not very accommodating and very confrontational about the fact that I missed work to often, it was even noted in my performance evaluation and was deemed unsatisfactory.
Pros
Very rewarding to work with wonderful homecare aids, assist with people who needed care
Cons
Non empathetic managment
i give bayshore 100%
care aid (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC17 November 2014
bay shore is a very wonderful company. they have helped me grow in all ramifications in my job as a care aid. and they always encourage you to be at your best. there is always a reminder to always check the care plan. they are always with you as you go.
Pros
they always aprreciate whenever you go an extra time .
Cons
no cons
Best Company I have had the pleasure of working for
Client Service Coordinator / Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON22 October 2012
7 - 3 Data Entry work
Organizational skills, Proficiency skills
Every management member was a team player
Co-workers were all hard workers
No hard part in the job
Enjoyable taking to the clients / patients
Pros
working from 7 - 3 and the pay was real good
Cons
nothing bad
face-paced office, always busy, good management structure
Client Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 July 2014
Answering upwards of 100+ phone calls per day from nurses, clients, case managers, client family members; coordinate staff and client visit schedule; reschedule clients when staff are sick; maintain detailed reports on all phone calls; field messages to appropriate administrators; work on-call as general phone message taker after hours; design and manage complex scheduling techniques.

Management was excellent and well-structured. The team of people working there were very dedicated and supportive.

Hardest part of the job was fielding phone calls from clients and family of a personal and distressing nature. My job often required that I phone 911 for emergency situations.

Management was tremendous and the work environment was positive. I was able to work unsupervised for the most part.
Pros
team environment
Cons
emotionally exhausting
Enjoy working as a PSW
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON25 September 2014
A typical day at work is very interesting because you are working in your preferred environment and clientele, you are able to learn a lot of new things in the community as a result of different situations you come across. Co workers are very helpful to each other given feedback.

2.8