Bayshore Home Health

Bayshore Home Health Employee Reviews in Canada

Run as fast as you can
nurse (Former Employee) –  TorontoMarch 31, 2014
Worst company to work for. Unprofessional, uncaring, small minded group of people. The day I walked out of this company.. I got my life back. Not sure how they made fortune 50 designation...this company will not help you grow but keep at one level to make you a slave! No encouragement at all!
Pros
none at all!
Cons
long after hours your not paid for, dealing with third party company for patient info in call centre. incompetent hr department
Co-op placement volunteer
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 24, 2014
I volunteered at Bayshore Home Health for about 8 months. A typical day at work as a volunteer would be exciting and interesting because you never knew what to expect. I've learned how to file important documents, and how to input a new client into the computer system. The managers were friendly and always greeted me every morning I came in to volunteer. I got along with all the other employees and asked them for help when needed. I truly enjoyed volunteering here because it helped me gain experience in the medical field as well thought me how to book and schedule appointments. The hardest part of volunteering was having to leave a wonderful work environment like this place, I do hope that one day I can work at a place like Bayshore.
Pros
free lunches on special events
always a new day to experience great clients in the community
Registered practical nurse (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ONMarch 13, 2014
I ve learned to be a quick thinker and have utilized my assessment skills on an ongoing basis. Time management is key. hardest part of the job is not getting to attatched to my clients. I work in homecare and for consistency I have a few long term clients that I work with daily, completing all care and travelling within the community and school while providing personal care. the most enjoyable part of the job is being able to provide care and knowing that you are making a difference whether it be big or small in someones life.
benefits
Cons
traveling
The clients, and my co-workers made my day, every day!
Hamilton - Full-time Day Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMarch 5, 2014
I enjoyed helping clients, and co-workers, with anything I could possibly do to assist them. They made my work day worthwhile!
Pros
great co-workers and clients
Cons
job security
Not a very caring company, for a Home Care provider
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 3, 2014
Overall I enjoyed my job very much. Answering inquiries, assisting the home care aids when the called and documenting and reporting any prevalent and sensitive information to the appropriate Alberta Heath Service department. Being a female only office (not by choice), at times, many would be confrontational with each other and some were down right volatile. What was the clincher of their non empathy was when I was diagnosed with cancer and need to miss work many times for surgeries and recuperation time. They were not very accommodating and very confrontational about the fact that I missed work to often, it was even noted in my performance evaluation and was deemed unsatisfactory.
Pros
very rewarding to work with wonderful homecare aids, assist with people who needed care
Cons
non empathetic managment
great place to work
Visit Nurse (Current Employee) –  Carleton Place, ONFebruary 25, 2014
great opportunity for continuing education
encourage growth, personal and professional
Pros
flexibility
Cons
no guaranteed hours
playing cards with clients, if clients do have dog bring out for a walk.
Personal support worker (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 25, 2014
enjoying work out in the community, it is my passion when out in the community you get to know different people my many races. my hardest time working is when the clients has their moments when they want to work with me either then that I love my job as a personal support worker
Care Aide
Resident Care Aide (Former Employee) –  BurnabyFebruary 12, 2014
It was a good company, but didn't give much hours, and wasn't very organized. Always had me drive from 1 city to the next and then back again..
Fun environment with good people
Patient attendant (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSFebruary 12, 2014
I enjoy helping people who needs my help and my focus in school is in human development and crime
Pros
nice co-workers
Cons
good shift
A workplace where the relationship and communication between senior management and workers are excellent
Patient Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  London, ONJanuary 23, 2014
I will recommend the company to anyone who is energetic and willing to learn and stay focused professionally
Bayshore feels like home
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONJanuary 22, 2014
The staff and office environment is amazing. You feel like you are home when you walk through the door.
stay away from it do yourself a favor
psw (Former Employee) –  HamiltonDecember 4, 2013
– April 1, 2013 Worst employer ever. Lots of after hour work you are not compensated for, pay for your own cell phone and calls,no pension plan, no education fund,poor mileage (told to make up the difference on your taxes), poor pay overall, including call time. They like to say they are all about the clients, but they are not.Toxic work environment. Find another employer....a lot of years I won't get back and not even a thank you when I left. Sad.

KTSD – June 27, 2013 I don't think the owner really knows what is going on at this branch. The nepotism and favouritism is unreal. I think the nsc HR needs to take a close look at why there is so much turnover/firings. Blatant harassment that is not discussed, a blind eye is turned. There is silent bullying (dirty looks, restriction, seclusion) Toxic environment. Low morale. Felt physically and emotionally sick the entire time I worked there.

AN I second all these comments. I will add that there is lack of management and as soon as they are involved the nepotism and retaliation kicks in. Its awful. It is against the law to threaten intimidate, and retaliate against a casual worker. but they do it and get away with it. They even make up situations so they don't have to visit a difficult client, ie cover their own butts.. It used to be good but they care more about the CCAC contract then their clients needs or their psws. I watched it evolve into a bs situation to work for. When the CCAC contract was awarded I thought to myself oh here it comes wait for it. It used to be a great place to work for, sad.
Morale with the front line workers
  more... used to be great, its awful now, stay far away from this company for psw work.  less
Cons
everything
COMPANY GOOD TO WORK FOR
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  lONDON ONTARIONovember 30, 2013
I WOULD LIKE TO FINE A COMPANY THAT OFFERS MORE
STABILITY I RETURNED TO THIS JOB UNTIL I FOUND WORK
IN THE FIELD I FEEL MORE COMFORTABLE IN THATS IS
INDUSTRIAL WORK.
More productive and knowledgable
RPN (Current Employee) –  Kitchener ONNovember 7, 2013
I started my nursing currier at bayshore home health as a Registered Practical Nurse where i learned so many things. firstly, time management and organisational skills, leadership skills etc. all the management staff and co-workers are so polite and very helpful.Since the work environment is great it is very easy to tackle difficult situations at the work. the most enjoyable part of the job is you get see see all veriety of clients in the community and lots of opportunities to learn new things and to gain more knowledge.
Extreme amount of raport built with patients.
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSOctober 22, 2013
12 hour shifts ( am & pm ) on Neurology Unit.
Assist with daily needs - feeding, taking for walks, assisting to the washroom.
I learned that working with patients who are mentally unstable is very rewarding and something I want to continue with my career.
I loved everything about the job.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
short staffed
Great Opportunity to help the community
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ONOctober 9, 2013
Overall my experience working as a personal support worker with Bayshore has been great. I have met great people and had a chance to feel like I truly made a difference in someone's life that needed my help and support.
Pros
my clients
Cons
no time for my own family
Great to be able to make your own schedule, but hours not always guaranteed
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ONOctober 8, 2013
I love that you get to choose your schedule. I currently work full-time hours from Monday-Friday, although they do like you to work every second weekend if able. Great for family life because you can be finished before you need to pick kids up from daycare/by the time they get home from school. If you have an appointment during the day, you can just schedule your nursing visits around your appointment as you basically make your own schedule and call clients to arrange a convenient time for their visit. Downside is that you can be really busy one week (13+ clients in a day) and then if you have a lot of discharges the next, you could be left with about 3-4 clients a day. And sometimes they're just isn't any clients to pick-up, so that's the biggest downside.
Pros
make your own schedule
Cons
hours not always guaranteed, dealing with ccac to increase or add nursing visits
Supportive and flexible. No guaranteed hours.
shift nurse (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONSeptember 10, 2013
This company offers a variety of opportunities from in home palliative care, to work in long term care facilities. Schedules are extremely flexible. If you need guaranteed hours it may not be the place for you.
Love Bayshore
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONSeptember 8, 2013
Very flexible schedule, however not enough hours. I enjoyed getting to know the clients that I did and working with them. I was able to communicate or discuss any concerns with my supervisors and team members.
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
not enough hours
Flexible place to work
Heath Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONAugust 29, 2013
A typical night at work would be to just make sure the client is safe, help with transfers and toileting. The enjoyable part of this job is that I get to help people in need. I have learnt a new respect for the elderly doing this job.
Although I do enjoy my job and the pay, I would really like a change in life and would like to learn and do something new.
I do not enjoy working nights anymore and would love to work full time days doing something more physical, new and different.
I also do not like the fact of not knowing where I am going every time I get a new client and don't always have regular hours.
Pros
flexible, good pay
Cons
not knowing what i am walking into, no regular hours, night shifts