Bayshore Home Health

Bayshore Home Health Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A company that approaches nursing in a cookie cutting way
Current employee but not for much longer (Current Employee), HamiltonJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: it's a job
Cons: the on-call coordinators ruined it for me
Some of the people who work for Bayshore are excellent! Bayshore sometimes forgets about those people. They claim that you make less money to afford the cell phone they provide for you, but I haven't had a cell phone for months and no pay increase. I also advanced my education and am now an RPN. Bayshore didn't help me in any way. In fact I was bullied – more... sometimes by on-call coordinators to take shifts. Studying took priority it's too bad they failed to recognize that. When I received my papers they didn't offer me employment either. Either I slipped through the cracks or they didn't like me. I'm going to go with slipped through the cracks because every client I provided care for loved me. Hopefully Bayshore wakes up and sees that their company would be nothing without the hard work of the PSW's. – less

April 1, 2013

Worst employer ever. Lots of after hour work you are not compensated for, pay for your own cell phone and calls,no pension plan, no education fund,poor mileage (told to make up the difference on your taxes), poor pay overall, including call time. They like to say they are all about the clients, but they are not.Toxic work environment. Find another employer....a lot of years I won't get back and not even a thank you when I left. Sad.

June 27, 2013

I don't think the owner really knows what is going on at this branch. The nepotism and favouritism is unreal. I think the nsc HR needs to take a close look at why there is so much turnover/firings. Blatant harassment that is not discussed, a blind eye is turned. There is silent bullying (dirty looks, restriction, seclusion) Toxic environment. Low morale. Felt physically and emotionally sick the entire time I worked there.

Certified Personal Support Worker (Current Employee), london, onJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: communication is not what it should be for an employer who is rated in the top 50 employers.
Bayshore is a really good place to work if you are looking for a dynamic workplace. Bayshore has the potential for growth if you take the opportunities that are given to you as an employee.
The office does need to work on getting organized and better comunication.

June 20, 2013

I know the job of being in community care is a fascinating one. If you are adaptable and knowledgeable and like working on your own, there is no other job like it. The rewards are huge. Bayshore has ruined it. The shear size of it and its terrible scheduling techniques have made working in the community care sector a life wasting job. You cannot make enough money with Bayshore as they are so focused on their bottom line that you are just a tool to be used and your lifes circumstances are not taken into consideration. If you get into an accident while on work and many care aides do as we are expected to drive every day in all kinds of conditions and even when we ourselves are feeling under the weather as anyone can tell you when they have tried to get a sick day off and its not allowed or you are pressured into taking it, the care aides who are layed up for months will tell you not only did they not get any real help in filling out the forms for WCB, but Im sure they were not even contacted by anyone in the big offices of Bayshore as to their health. Burnaby Bayshore has been a horrible disorganized place to work for. The office is hard on its care aides. We don't get enough hours of paid work, and the schedule is never up more than a day or two in advance. Calling any one in charge is at best a 50-50 chance. Even though we are expected to work long days and weekends the office is strictly mon to fri 9- 5 They call themselves a top run company....they should get a vote on that. when they require so many hours of your day to made available to them, they should fill it up. I wanted an 8 hour day over a 9 hour window and in 4 + years Bayshore has given every excuse in the world as to why it is not done. I am tired of the control and demands and still not being able to pay my bills. I will make more money in a coffee shop or retail store than what my college education has given me under Burnaby Bayshores scheduling. Terribly run and yet no one seems to care.

July 4, 2013

Bayshore home health is rated a top RUN company, not a top employer. It won this award due largely to the fact that the office went from paper to electronic system, etc. From my own experience, it will need to change practically every thing it does in order to even achieve a chance of being called a top employer. Run as it is now....it is a terrible place to work.

Help Clients With Personal Care!!! With a SMILE!!
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee), London, ONDecember 30, 2012
-assisting clients with personal care...ie: bathing, dressing, cooking, light housekeeping etc..
-i have learned that each client is different and has different needs
-listening to the clients and their needs is key
-love helping and making a differnece!!
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONDecember 27, 2012
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: less pay than in hospital and long-term care
Work in the community and learning new skills.Ability to learn very advance skills and work to your schedule!
Used to be a good place
Senior accountant (Former Employee), NSC, MississaugaNovember 22, 2012
Pros: pay increases were regular
Cons: hard to advance
I started there and learned a lot to develop my career, but when it came to advance my career management was more content to keep me where I am
positive and rewarding experience
RESIDENT CARE ATTENDANT (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCNovember 21, 2012
Working as a care attendant had its challenges.This job was rewarding and fun. I didn't have many co-workers as i had a live in job 5 days a week. I learned to be patient and caring towards others.
Professional & caring
Community Health Care Worker II (Former Employee), Surrey, BCNovember 13, 2012
Provided care to people in our community with ADL's Very rewarding job to make a difference in the lives of of others. Great staff to work for who strive to meet the needs of clients on a profesional level as well as employee respect and appreciation.

June 16, 2013

You must be part of management to make a statement like that

not a positive experience
health care aide (Former Employee), edmonton,abNovember 3, 2012
Cons: not enough hours.
I wouldn't recommend bayshore as a good steady job.It was hard to find hours and when you did get the hours it was hard to keep them.If you lost a client to unforeseen circumstances it would take them a long time to get you a new client.
A fun place to work
Manager of Clinical Practice (Former Employee), Oakville, ONOctober 28, 2012
Pros: fun place to work
a challenging position in nurse management with flexibility to try out new ideas and grow.

March 26, 2013

You must be management making that statement

My review with the companys I have work with was very ggod. They were very nice and well organized
Community Living Worker (Former Employee), Steeles and youngOctober 25, 2012
Pros: i enjoy working with people from all walks of life
Cons: not been treated with respected
My typical day at work would be educational, Always learning new things from peer managements and people i meet everyday. I have work with people from all walks of life and the most wonderful thing i learn is never to be judgemental of people we meet. Go in with an open mind and everything will be fine.

I love to do my job to the best of my ability, – more... and i always go over it to make sure its is done properly.The hardest part of my job is seeing one one in trouble or hurting and there is nothing in my power that i can do to help them.

The most enjoyable part of my job to have it completed, and makes a differences in all that i do. And have great boss and team players. – less
Great getting to spend extra time with clients, non rushed.
Home Support Worker (Former Employee), Regina, SKOctober 23, 2012
Pros: flexibility and no penalty for refusing clients
Cons: no pay for mileage, new scheduling staff are inconsistent and make mistakes which leads to frustration, lack of of oversight (management is in saskatoon).
A great company to work for there are many perks to the job. As long as you are able to work a variety of hours ie, day, evening, night then there is lots of potential to make money. Good benefits package and co-workers are really nice and helpful. Going through a restructuring and it can be confusing at times as to who management is and the office – more... staff are inconsistent, other than that i really enjoyed working for Bayshore and would recommend applying. – less
Best Company I have had the pleasure of working for
Client Service Coordinator / Receptionist (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONOctober 22, 2012
Pros: working from 7 - 3 and the pay was real good
Cons: nothing bad
7 - 3 Data Entry work
Organizational skills, Proficiency skills
Every management member was a team player
Co-workers were all hard workers
No hard part in the job
Enjoyable taking to the clients / patients

June 16, 2013

But you have no idea how much the frontline workers have to put up with, especially the management had no respect to us

fun and meet different people,culture,beliefs
personal support worker (Former Employee), toronto, ontarioOctober 1, 2012
Pros: free lunch and ride going home
Cons: short hour
i learn different technic each client and co-workers and the hardest part of the if a client are very demanding and most enjoyable when a client follow your instruction.
I really enjoy the home visits.
CHW 2 (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCSeptember 14, 2012
Bayshore is a great company to work for, they work hard to give casuals decent hours on pay period.

July 6, 2013

The number one complaint from casuals is that they DO NOT GET ENOUGH HOURS and they have huge gaps in their days. The number one complaint from care aides with positions is they get gaps in there day and not enough hours! They like to tell you over and over that they don't have any work for you, but what they are doing is spreading hours out amongst many care aides so that you won't reach a pay increase that comes with the accumulation of hours. They spread out hours to as many new care aides as they can, so you won't reach the hour level necessary to be able to tap into the first pay increase or into extended benefits. It's all about saving their money. To them you are dispensable. Soon you will find your hours thinning out, soon you will get longer gaps that will never get filled. Your days will be long and you won't get paid for the hours you are out in the field. It's cheaper for Bayshore to hire another new care aide and give them hours and you will see your hours drying up, and they will tell you there are no hours out there for them to give you. They will ask you to give them large windows of time with promises of 'potential full time hours' promises that will rarely get filled. You will be the working poor with this company. You will be expected to provide your best effort for every client every day in this health care sector but this company isn't going to be taking care of you. Listen to how they talk to you...they are bullies. The working climate is highly stressful, not in your caring for the clients but in dealing with the office everyday, the scheduling of your day will have you shaking your head wondering why can't they give you your day lumped together, with no breaks? Why do we always have to have. Theses gaps in our schedule? You have to phone them everyday to pick up your schedule and its going to be a huge disappointment. Unless you like working only two or three hours a day spread out over the window of availability that you were duped into giving them. If you think that this will improve in time, I am here to tell you, It'a daily battle that has raged on for YEARS! That's how they operate. They save money by keeping the care aides poor. Burnaby Bayshore has been a terrible place to work for! Do not be fooled by the hourly wage, look at how many hours you are out in the field waiting for paid work from them, often you are NOT even being paid for 50% of your time. This company sucks the life out of you. The hardest part is, they will never tell you this out right. The levels of deceit and evasive wording around schedules is now a worn out speech for them. No hours out there...yet they say they are short staffed and CONSTANTLY hiring! Bayshore home health Canada largest home health company ...growing like CANCER!

excellent place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Sault Ste. Marie, ONSeptember 6, 2012
Pros: flexible and positive work environment
Cons: attachment to long term patients
Bayshore is a beautiful place to work. The staff and support are fantastic. The nursing care is excellent. Staff are alotted time to spend and assess their patients in an appropriate manner because there are very little time constrants. The hardest part of the job is wokring with clients for so long, attachment can sometimes be difficult at times. The – more... most enjoyable part of the job is flexibility, support and compassion from your co-workers and management. – less
It's great being able to go from different clients thoughout the week
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee), Oakville, ONAugust 24, 2012
Pros: the clients
Cons: not enough hours
There is no typical day everyday is different, that is why I do this job! I have learned to report everything whether it seems silly or not. The management team is great. they are extremely supportive when staff are having a bad day. Everyone that works there communicates well and we never get too personal. The hardest part of my job, just like in life – more... is saying goodbye when you're not prepared. The best pat is seeing my clients smiling, or even laughing! – less
The clients are great and we get to have fun too!
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee), OakvilleAugust 24, 2012
Pros: clients
Cons: not enough hours
There are no typical days, everyday is different. I have learned to make sure I report evrything even if it seems so small. The team is awesome they support you whenever you're having a bad day. The hardest part of this job just like in life is saying goodbye to clients that pass before we now it. I love being a PSW and the most enjoyment I get out – more... of it is seeing my clients laughing. – less
Productive/ fun place to work
Client Service Coordinator Bayshore Home Health (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 16, 2012
Fast pace, great co-workers, Productive/ fun place to work
It is a fun working agency.
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee), Oakville, ONJuly 22, 2012
Pros: payed benefits
Cons: not enough hours
I worked on my own a lot which i love sometimes. I get to travel to lots of different Provence in Ontario and work wit all race and gender. I work in Nursing Homes Retirement Homes In Home and Hospitals. I gain lots of experience and training.
Had a great career, learned a lot
Area Director (Former Employee), Durham, ONMay 4, 2012
Pros: networking opportunity
Cons: no job security
No job security in this corporate world, maybe as a typical field worker but definitely not in management

About Bayshore Home Health

Bayshore Home Health has been enhancing the quality of life, well-being, dignity and independence of Canadians since 1966. Canadian – Read more

Bayshore Home Health Photos