Bayshore Home Health

Bayshore Home Health Employee Reviews in Canada

Certified Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  london, onJanuary 11, 2013
Bayshore is a really good place to work if you are looking for a dynamic workplace. Bayshore has the potential for growth if you take the opportunities that are given to you as an employee.
The office does need to work on getting organized and better comunication.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
communication is not what it should be for an employer who is rated in the top 50 employers.
Terrible
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 19, 2015
A typical day at work - 500 calls from office begging you to take more clients. Higher ups tell you to learn to say no once in a while but the CSC's never take NO as an answer.
Management - was awful. You have to go through 5 different people to leave a voicemail to get an answer MAYBE 2 weeks later. (If at all.)
Co-workers - I met maybe 2 other HCA's... we had the same view on this place...
Hardest part of the job - The office doesn't give 2 craps about clients, I DO. You can call with a concern and it gets swept under the rug. The turnover rate is ridiculous, my CSC would tell me every other day that they hired like 10 new people and then the next day - 'Oh, two people quit on me today'. Obviously something is wrong if people quit right away. The ONLY reason I stayed for as long as I did, is that I was terrified of the care my clients (who I had come to care for, obviously) would receive if I was no longer their caregiver.
The OFFICE staff will generally say they love their jobs and management is great, but they ALL treat FIELD STAFF LIKE DIRT.

Bayshore will hire anyone and work you into the ground, and give ZERO recognition. If you are passionate about what you do... DO NOT WORK HERE
Cons
EVERYTHING
i give bayshore 100%
care aid (Current Employee) –  Langley, BCNovember 17, 2014
bay shore is a very wonderful company. they have helped me grow in all ramifications in my job as a care aid. and they always encourage you to be at your best. there is always a reminder to always check the care plan. they are always with you as you go.
Pros
they always aprreciate whenever you go an extra time .
Cons
no cons
My review with the companys I have work with was very ggod. They were very nice and well organized
Community Living Worker (Former Employee) –  Steeles and youngOctober 25, 2012
My typical day at work would be educational, Always learning new things from peer managements and people i meet everyday. I have work with people from all walks of life and the most wonderful thing i learn is never to be judgemental of people we meet. Go in with an open mind and everything will be fine.

I love to do my job to the best of my ability, and i always go over it to make sure its is done properly.The hardest part of my job is seeing one one in trouble or hurting and there is nothing in my power that i can do to help them.

The most enjoyable part of my job to have it completed, and makes a differences in all that i do. And have great boss and team players.
Pros
i enjoy working with people from all walks of life
Cons
not been treated with respected
Extreme amount of raport built with patients.
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSOctober 22, 2013
12 hour shifts ( am & pm ) on Neurology Unit.
Assist with daily needs - feeding, taking for walks, assisting to the washroom.
I learned that working with patients who are mentally unstable is very rewarding and something I want to continue with my career.
I loved everything about the job.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
short staffed
supportive environment
Visiting Community Nurse (Current Employee) –  Richmondhill, onMarch 3, 2015
Great place to work, The pay is not too good but sometimes when you work with such great stuff you can over look the pay. Been with this company for over 10years
Pros
supportive environment
Cons
Great place lots of options and flexible hours.
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Smiths Falls OntarioJanuary 11, 2012
Great work place with happy, positive people. Paid training with career advancements. Postings within the company. Choose hours and locations to work. This company always made you feel that you were appreciated. Great insentives and awards weekly to do your best.
Pros
lots of paid training
Cons
not the best pay.
playing cards with clients, if clients do have dog bring out for a walk.
Personal support worker (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 25, 2014
enjoying work out in the community, it is my passion when out in the community you get to know different people my many races. my hardest time working is when the clients has their moments when they want to work with me either then that I love my job as a personal support worker
great co workers
Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONOctober 20, 2014
My peers at this job made my time there very enjoyable, however I would like to move on to a company that can offer more advancement than Bayshore is able to at this time.
Pros
i got to work on a wonderful team of csc's
Cons
no room for advancement, not using the full spectrum of my education
Not a very caring company, for a Home Care provider
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 3, 2014
Overall I enjoyed my job very much. Answering inquiries, assisting the home care aids when the called and documenting and reporting any prevalent and sensitive information to the appropriate Alberta Heath Service department. Being a female only office (not by choice), at times, many would be confrontational with each other and some were down right volatile. What was the clincher of their non empathy was when I was diagnosed with cancer and need to miss work many times for surgeries and recuperation time. They were not very accommodating and very confrontational about the fact that I missed work to often, it was even noted in my performance evaluation and was deemed unsatisfactory.
Pros
very rewarding to work with wonderful homecare aids, assist with people who needed care
Cons
non empathetic managment
Enjoy working as a PSW
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONSeptember 25, 2014
A typical day at work is very interesting because you are working in your preferred environment and clientele, you are able to learn a lot of new things in the community as a result of different situations you come across. Co workers are very helpful to each other given feedback.
level of operation
Community Nurse (Current Employee) –  York RegionMarch 17, 2015
I would expect that when there are nurse working autonomously, that the training would be a a high level. Also I would like to see continuity with the client care.
Pros
good pay
Cons
poor communication
face-paced office, always busy, good management structure
Client Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 29, 2014
Answering upwards of 100+ phone calls per day from nurses, clients, case managers, client family members; coordinate staff and client visit schedule; reschedule clients when staff are sick; maintain detailed reports on all phone calls; field messages to appropriate administrators; work on-call as general phone message taker after hours; design and manage complex scheduling techniques.

Management was excellent and well-structured. The team of people working there were very dedicated and supportive.

Hardest part of the job was fielding phone calls from clients and family of a personal and distressing nature. My job often required that I phone 911 for emergency situations.

Management was tremendous and the work environment was positive. I was able to work unsupervised for the most part.
Pros
team environment
Cons
emotionally exhausting
Great company that encourages growth with flexibility
OTA-PTA (Current Employee) –  Greater Toronto AreaNovember 21, 2014
working with Bayshore encourages me to grow by providing me with competitive wages, having empowering team, and flexibility.
Pros
encourages independence, knowledge, and skills
Cons
needs dedication, perseverance, and adaptability
Best Company I have had the pleasure of working for
Client Service Coordinator / Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONOctober 22, 2012
7 - 3 Data Entry work
Organizational skills, Proficiency skills
Every management member was a team player
Co-workers were all hard workers
No hard part in the job
Enjoyable taking to the clients / patients
Pros
working from 7 - 3 and the pay was real good
Cons
nothing bad
A company that approaches nursing in a cookie cutting way
Current employee but not for much longer (Current Employee) –  HamiltonJanuary 22, 2013
Some of the people who work for Bayshore are excellent! Bayshore sometimes forgets about those people. They claim that you make less money to afford the cell phone they provide for you, but I haven't had a cell phone for months and no pay increase. I also advanced my education and am now an RPN. Bayshore didn't help me in any way. In fact I was bullied sometimes by on-call coordinators to take shifts. Studying took priority it's too bad they failed to recognize that. When I received my papers they didn't offer me employment either. Either I slipped through the cracks or they didn't like me. I'm going to go with slipped through the cracks because every client I provided care for loved me. Hopefully Bayshore wakes up and sees that their company would be nothing without the hard work of the PSW's.
Pros
it's a job
Cons
the on-call coordinators ruined it for me
Great to be able to make your own schedule, but hours not always guaranteed
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ONOctober 8, 2013
I love that you get to choose your schedule. I currently work full-time hours from Monday-Friday, although they do like you to work every second weekend if able. Great for family life because you can be finished before you need to pick kids up from daycare/by the time they get home from school. If you have an appointment during the day, you can just schedule your nursing visits around your appointment as you basically make your own schedule and call clients to arrange a convenient time for their visit. Downside is that you can be really busy one week (13+ clients in a day) and then if you have a lot of discharges the next, you could be left with about 3-4 clients a day. And sometimes they're just isn't any clients to pick-up, so that's the biggest downside.
Pros
make your own schedule
Cons
hours not always guaranteed, dealing with ccac to increase or add nursing visits
Bayshore
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  londonMarch 27, 2015
Working for bayshore was casual and not a lot of work as I found most pt want a female nurse most of my work was sitting with pt on the night shift.
Pros
clean work
Cons
non
Compassionate
Community Care Worker/Nurses Aid (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 15, 2014
The staff at Bayshore are the most understanding and loyal to their staff. They are accommodating to their clients with respect for their dignity with professionalism and consistency of care.
Pros
mandatory continued education
Cons
not paid enough for the job
productive and creative
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 6, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is by taking care,rendering personal care to my clients as well as making jokes and fun to make your day enjoyable and make your patient laugh loud.

2.9