Bayshore Home Health

Bayshore Home Health Employee Reviews

Registered Practical Nurse - Management is unfair, only cares about their own money, nurses are disrespected, poor work conditions, etc.
Registered practical nurse (Current Employee) –  Mississauga 11 June 2013
Managers have their friendly nurses who they give personal benefits for. Even if a nurse works for 10 years in the community, they do not increase the transportation allowance to cover for the high gas prices and other costs. There is no pension plan. If a nurse is working in a clinic, they don't pay over time hours. If a nurse is working in community, they give 4 hours of work, spread throughout the day so that your time is wasted. Very poor management. Coordinators do not know how to do their jobs.
Pros
Staff are friendly and helpful
Cons
Managers are monsters
always a new day to experience great clients in the community
Registered practical nurse (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON13 March 2014
I ve learned to be a quick thinker and have utilized my assessment skills on an ongoing basis. Time management is key. hardest part of the job is not getting to attatched to my clients. I work in homecare and for consistency I have a few long term clients that I work with daily, completing all care and travelling within the community and school while providing personal care. the most enjoyable part of the job is being able to provide care and knowing that you are making a difference whether it be big or small in someones life.
benefits
Cons
traveling
productive
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON2 March 2016
A typical day at work is exhausted, happy. I learned a lot for all the clients that I have they have different behavior and mood swing. They are all friendly and approachable. Dealing with dementia residents and the residents that can't find the happy place for them to live. Most of the resident in he facility said this is not my home. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I help people who are inneed of my help.
Scheduling seems quite unrealistic
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON20 January 2016
Scheduling is unrealistic at the amount of time needed for travel.. Expected to get from Wellesley to Maryhill in 15 minutes, between a six hour shift leaving no time for even a quick lunch.
I waited at a home for 45 minutes and no one ever came to door, I had notified supervisor 10 minutes in and she had asked me to wait, only to tell me I would not be paid for the hour after waiting there for 45 minutes.
Pros
Poor Wages, unorganized and scheduling is not realistic
RPN
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON22 December 2014
Do not work for this company no matter how desparate you think you are, they will destroy your career, they are nothing more than a lying back stabbing, manipulating organization that pays garbage wages for nurses that have extensive skills, they cooridinators are retards. management is a joke, if you value your career, never , ever work for this company in any capacity whatsoever
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
I
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON13 August 2015
I'm going to say the hardest part of the job would be saying good-bye, wether it be they have passed on or just not needing our services.. The most enjoyable is starting my day out with a smile and receiving one back, makes me feel as tho I'm in the profession. i work with a great group of women who are always there to pitch in and work as a team when others are off. i love my job with working with elderly and altho some clients are not elderly it still feels great to b able to help in any way i can
Pros
elect to work
Cons
Professional and ethical place to work
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB15 March 2016
Since I have started with Bayshore, I have felt supported by Bayshore on every level. I have appreciated the acknowledgement for a job well done.
Pros
Supportive team
Cons
Working alone
Bayshore Home Health
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 November 2015
It was the first job that allowed me to use my HCA skills and I was able to do a variety of jobs that are possible in that field. I did private home care which included light house keeping and cooking. Companionship was a huge part of the job. I also did medical escorts and went into long term care facilities to do companionship clients. I worked with the elderly by helping them do day to day activities and other clients had acquired brain injuries. The variety of clients I saw really gave me a lot of experience in the spectrum of HCA field
Pros
The variety of clients with various needs, so was able to use all the skills I learned in school in real world applications.
Cons
I was given the most difficult cases, they knew I would be able to handle them, that in turn burned me out.
My review with the companys I have work with was very ggod. They were very nice and well organized
Community Living Worker (Former Employee) –  Steeles and young25 October 2012
My typical day at work would be educational, Always learning new things from peer managements and people i meet everyday. I have work with people from all walks of life and the most wonderful thing i learn is never to be judgemental of people we meet. Go in with an open mind and everything will be fine.

I love to do my job to the best of my ability, and i always go over it to make sure its is done properly.The hardest part of my job is seeing one one in trouble or hurting and there is nothing in my power that i can do to help them.

The most enjoyable part of my job to have it completed, and makes a differences in all that i do. And have great boss and team players.
Pros
i enjoy working with people from all walks of life
Cons
not been treated with respected
Terrible
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 June 2015
A typical day at work - 500 calls from office begging you to take more clients. Higher ups tell you to learn to say no once in a while but the CSC's never take NO as an answer.
Management - was awful. You have to go through 5 different people to leave a voicemail to get an answer MAYBE 2 weeks later. (If at all.)
Co-workers - I met maybe 2 other HCA's... we had the same view on this place...
Hardest part of the job - The office doesn't give 2 craps about clients, I DO. You can call with a concern and it gets swept under the rug. The turnover rate is ridiculous, my CSC would tell me every other day that they hired like 10 new people and then the next day - 'Oh, two people quit on me today'. Obviously something is wrong if people quit right away. The ONLY reason I stayed for as long as I did, is that I was terrified of the care my clients (who I had come to care for, obviously) would receive if I was no longer their caregiver.
The OFFICE staff will generally say they love their jobs and management is great, but they ALL treat FIELD STAFF LIKE DIRT.

Bayshore will hire anyone and work you into the ground, and give ZERO recognition. If you are passionate about what you do... DO NOT WORK HERE
Cons
EVERYTHING
The team was awesome
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 December 2015
The only part I enjoyed working at this company were the co-workers, we all helped each other out like a team, the only negative was the supervisor of the call centre department. She'd review the team and nip pick on everyone for the littlest things, but no one would review her performance.
Pros
people that work here are amazing
Cons
supervisor in the call centre department was unorganized, unstable, and overwhelmed new employees during the 1st day training
face-paced office, always busy, good management structure
Client Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 July 2014
Answering upwards of 100+ phone calls per day from nurses, clients, case managers, client family members; coordinate staff and client visit schedule; reschedule clients when staff are sick; maintain detailed reports on all phone calls; field messages to appropriate administrators; work on-call as general phone message taker after hours; design and manage complex scheduling techniques.

Management was excellent and well-structured. The team of people working there were very dedicated and supportive.

Hardest part of the job was fielding phone calls from clients and family of a personal and distressing nature. My job often required that I phone 911 for emergency situations.

Management was tremendous and the work environment was positive. I was able to work unsupervised for the most part.
Pros
team environment
Cons
emotionally exhausting
Horrible place to work. Manager of clinical practise
Manager Clinical Practise (Former Employee) –  London ontario22 May 2013
No time for family. Small office left manager clinical practice picking up the slack. Expectation to work shifts for which there was no other staff avail. Many weekends workingthough it started to improve when resigned. On call after hours. Many in office politics. Area director hired daughter for human resource position in a three person office. Moved daughter into mcp office which was next door to her mother (area director) at back of the office. Massive paperwork expectations. Office staff always questioning work schedule no consideration given for the hours of paperwork and preparations for ISO audits which were for for large part the duty of Mcp. (As supervisor of human resources, all human resource stuff was added to mcp respondibility) No support from head office or regional manager when approaching them about the situation. Anyone who can work as Mcp at this office, I wish you luck!!
Productive and Enjoyable workplace with caring people
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON18 April 2014
Coordinator would call and ask if I wanted a new client and would sometimes give me the client information. Would go into a clients home. Do bathing,dressing,grooming, Light Housekeeping,Meal Prep. Management was very easy to get along with. Didn't see many co workers. Only time I saw co workers is when I worked in the retirement home. The hardest part of the job was getting used to being only one to reposition the client when they couldn't move themselves but eventually got used to doing it by myself. The most enjoyable part is being able to go into the seniors home and assist them with their needs.
Pros
Being able to achieve client needs and wants
Cons
Not enough hours
friendly staff
Personal Support Worker (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 September 2015
Very supportive Management and the most exciting part is they help you grow and enhance your skills through education.
Pros
travel is paid for
Cons
not enough client sometimes
Client service coordinator ( Nursing)
nursing coordinator (Former Employee) –  GTA2 September 2015
I was hired as a nursing coordinator. They have the worst training program in the planet. unwelcoming environment. Most of the nursing coordinators are rude, non compassionate, gossipy etc. I never imagine that the healthcare provider could be this much rude in their services. They don't care about the clients, even the employees. When they hire they look for compassionate person but then they wanted them to be rude both in office and also with the clients/nurse. I was literally shocked to discover that this kind of organization could exist in CA. I would never recommend anybody to work for this organization even you are desperate. They will give you lot of pain
Pros
Former nursing coordinatory
Cons
rude manager and unwelcoming env
Promote Bayshore's serious injury progam to the community as well as Case Managed and problemed solved difficult situations.
Manager, Business Development National Care Team (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 August 2014
Bayshore Home Health was a great place to work. My director was supportive and pleasant to work with and provided a positive team environment.

My role was that of a case manager for major funding sources for families. Through networking, educational presentations and conference planning ~ my role was to promote Bayshore's service across Canada.
Pros
Wonderful team enviroment
Cons
Recognition for revenue created through postive case management
Adventurous productive job
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Kitchener Ontario8 July 2013
In this kind of job you must have a long patience, compassion, ethics, creative, time management,caring and work as a team to co-workers. I learn how to deal with different people with health related problem of the client, encouragement and motivation. Manage your time with the allotted time in providing care & follow the care plan. Its hard if there's a new related health concern or accident happens to a client. I'm happy if my client is getting better or there's improvement & if they are happy and give a compliment to us providing their care. The travel allowance is not enough it should be computed based on the mileage.
It's great being able to go from different clients thoughout the week
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON24 August 2012
There is no typical day everyday is different, that is why I do this job! I have learned to report everything whether it seems silly or not. The management team is great. they are extremely supportive when staff are having a bad day. Everyone that works there communicates well and we never get too personal. The hardest part of my job, just like in life is saying goodbye when you're not prepared. The best pat is seeing my clients smiling, or even laughing!
Pros
the clients
Cons
not enough hours
home care
Home Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 January 2016
love working with them, but they dont give me many hours, and they dont pay their workers a travel rate to go from client to client,
Pros
get to work anywhere you like in the lower mainland
Cons
dont get paid to travel from client to client

2.8