Bayshore Home Health

Bayshore Home Health Employee Reviews

Terrible
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 19, 2015
A typical day at work - 500 calls from office begging you to take more clients. Higher ups tell you to learn to say no once in a while but the CSC's never take NO as an answer.
Management - was awful. You have to go through 5 different people to leave a voicemail to get an answer MAYBE 2 weeks later. (If at all.)
Co-workers - I met maybe 2 other HCA's... we had the same view on this place...
Hardest part of the job - The office doesn't give 2 craps about clients, I DO. You can call with a concern and it gets swept under the rug. The turnover rate is ridiculous, my CSC would tell me every other day that they hired like 10 new people and then the next day - 'Oh, two people quit on me today'. Obviously something is wrong if people quit right away. The ONLY reason I stayed for as long as I did, is that I was terrified of the care my clients (who I had come to care for, obviously) would receive if I was no longer their caregiver.
The OFFICE staff will generally say they love their jobs and management is great, but they ALL treat FIELD STAFF LIKE DIRT.

Bayshore will hire anyone and work you into the ground, and give ZERO recognition. If you are passionate about what you do... DO NOT WORK HERE
Cons
EVERYTHING
staff in the office are nice and professional except the one named Taylor
field staff (Former Employee) –  edmonton albertaMay 29, 2015
Very unprofessional
when talking to the field staff, she will degrade you as if your dying to get the job and there's no other job to apply for. when you complain about a rude family or client she will conclude right away that it is the field staff's fault. and will ask you if how long you have been in the company (trying to find out if you are just new) You cannot complain about your area, you cannot change your availability. for her you are just an employee and means nothing to the company. These lady sucks! she should not be working in the company as the office staff, she will put the company down. Poor lady i think she is not very happy in her life as it shows in her attitude.
Cons
bad attitude office staff
literally will demean you
nurse (Former Employee) –  British ColumbiaOctober 15, 2014
Very little training for important nursing procedures. Management is not professional nor experienced. They deal with very few nurses, and don't know much about how nurses learn or deal with things in the real world. You are hired for the company's profit. So,, they give you as little training as possible, and expect you to go above and beyond working like crazy with several complex job descriptions. If you make the slightest mistake or a wrong comment( yes,... this company will even write a report up on you, if you even say the wrong thing) you will get written up, and treated like you are the dumbest creature on earth. The managers do not have advanced certificates like ACLS yet, will criticize the nurses if they don't have it. You have to spend 40 dollars on gas, and 2 hours on the road, and you only get paid for one hour. Just one hour. And they tell you that that is fair. They are always looking and hiring not because it is a great company but because there is so much turn over. They always have tons of positions open , because they treat nurses badly, and people are always quitting. This is a business. They expect you to be the best nurse in the world with no training , yet they treat you like you have an IQ of 10. The managers are very demeaning, and will literally tell you they are demeaning you. They treat all NON nursing staff , like telephone service people, very well with food, gifts, cattering, parties, goodies and cakes. But for nurses, absolutely nothing. In fact, they hate the nurses so much they will even keep nurses out of parties because they don't want the  more... nurses to enjoy the goodies. They will also lie to you, and also the office staff WILL talk behind your back. They gossip about nurses in the evening after work, and the next day you wonder why the telephone staff is looking at you like you have a problem. And for all the work that you put into the company , they will never give the nurses any benefits. No nothing. The managers talk about no bullying, but the managers are the ones that do the bullying, so who are you supposed to report the bullying to. Managers will and will demean you for you to turn up at someones house that is 6 hours away, and you will only get paid for one hour. This is bayshore. This is how they make a profit. They pay the nurse little but get paid a lot by the client. So they take the profit. All the money goes to the directors for their very expensive parties where nurses are treated like dirt so they leave early in the party. The cattering is first class. They could have used that money on even slight benefits for the nurses that work so hard, driving the cold and dark , trying to reach some client.  less
Pros
always looking
Cons
always looking because no one wants to work here
RPN
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONDecember 22, 2014
Do not work for this company no matter how desparate you think you are, they will destroy your career, they are nothing more than a lying back stabbing, manipulating organization that pays garbage wages for nurses that have extensive skills, they cooridinators are retards. management is a joke, if you value your career, never , ever work for this company in any capacity whatsoever
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
My review with the companys I have work with was very ggod. They were very nice and well organized
Community Living Worker (Former Employee) –  Steeles and youngOctober 25, 2012
My typical day at work would be educational, Always learning new things from peer managements and people i meet everyday. I have work with people from all walks of life and the most wonderful thing i learn is never to be judgemental of people we meet. Go in with an open mind and everything will be fine.

I love to do my job to the best of my ability, and i always go over it to make sure its is done properly.The hardest part of my job is seeing one one in trouble or hurting and there is nothing in my power that i can do to help them.

The most enjoyable part of my job to have it completed, and makes a differences in all that i do. And have great boss and team players.
Pros
i enjoy working with people from all walks of life
Cons
not been treated with respected
face-paced office, always busy, good management structure
Client Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 29, 2014
Answering upwards of 100+ phone calls per day from nurses, clients, case managers, client family members; coordinate staff and client visit schedule; reschedule clients when staff are sick; maintain detailed reports on all phone calls; field messages to appropriate administrators; work on-call as general phone message taker after hours; design and manage complex scheduling techniques.

Management was excellent and well-structured. The team of people working there were very dedicated and supportive.

Hardest part of the job was fielding phone calls from clients and family of a personal and distressing nature. My job often required that I phone 911 for emergency situations.

Management was tremendous and the work environment was positive. I was able to work unsupervised for the most part.
Pros
team environment
Cons
emotionally exhausting
Productive and Enjoyable workplace with caring people
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONApril 18, 2014
Coordinator would call and ask if I wanted a new client and would sometimes give me the client information. Would go into a clients home. Do bathing,dressing,grooming, Light Housekeeping,Meal Prep. Management was very easy to get along with. Didn't see many co workers. Only time I saw co workers is when I worked in the retirement home. The hardest part of the job was getting used to being only one to reposition the client when they couldn't move themselves but eventually got used to doing it by myself. The most enjoyable part is being able to go into the seniors home and assist them with their needs.
Pros
being able to achieve client needs and wants
Cons
not enough hours
rude and disrespectful
home care aide (Current Employee) –  bcJune 21, 2015
Most rude and disrespectful company. Except you to pick large clients on your own and do not allow help. Working there for 10 plus years got numerous compliments and awards for customer service through Bayshore and they only offer 1-2 hrs a day now or ask you to take a pay cut they hire all the time but don't help out long tenured employees with shifts
Pros
Cons
everything
Promote Bayshore's serious injury progam to the community as well as Case Managed and problemed solved difficult situations.
Manager, Business Development National Care Team (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 19, 2014
Bayshore Home Health was a great place to work. My director was supportive and pleasant to work with and provided a positive team environment.

My role was that of a case manager for major funding sources for families. Through networking, educational presentations and conference planning ~ my role was to promote Bayshore's service across Canada.
Pros
wonderful team enviroment
Cons
recognition for revenue created through postive case management
Adventurous productive job
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Kitchener OntarioJuly 8, 2013
In this kind of job you must have a long patience, compassion, ethics, creative, time management,caring and work as a team to co-workers. I learn how to deal with different people with health related problem of the client, encouragement and motivation. Manage your time with the allotted time in providing care & follow the care plan. Its hard if there's a new related health concern or accident happens to a client. I'm happy if my client is getting better or there's improvement & if they are happy and give a compliment to us providing their care. The travel allowance is not enough it should be computed based on the mileage.
Horrible place to work. Manager of clinical practise
Manager Clinical Practise (Former Employee) –  London ontarioMay 22, 2013
No time for family. Small office left manager clinical practice picking up the slack. Expectation to work shifts for which there was no other staff avail. Many weekends workingthough it started to improve when resigned. On call after hours. Many in office politics. Area director hired daughter for human resource position in a three person office. Moved daughter into mcp office which was next door to her mother (area director) at back of the office. Massive paperwork expectations. Office staff always questioning work schedule no consideration given for the hours of paperwork and preparations for ISO audits which were for for large part the duty of Mcp. (As supervisor of human resources, all human resource stuff was added to mcp respondibility) No support from head office or regional manager when approaching them about the situation. Anyone who can work as Mcp at this office, I wish you luck!!
supportive environment
Visiting Community Nurse (Current Employee) –  Richmondhill, onMarch 3, 2015
Great place to work, The pay is not too good but sometimes when you work with such great stuff you can over look the pay. Been with this company for over 10years
Pros
supportive environment
Cons
Care more about their contract with CCAC then their nurses!
RPN (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONJune 9, 2013
Great place to work if you like working lots of extra hrs. on your own time. Even when you have a day off you are spending your own time calling clients for the next day so you never really feel like you have a day off. Management worries more about their contract with ccac then they do about their nurses. My branch was the pilot project for electronic documentation and it was hell for the last 2 years with all the constant changes and expectations. Tablets never worked properly from the beginning and still donot so nurses end up spending more of their own time calling IT for help or trying to download their clients for the next day. Constant shift in management/staff and staff very stressed and unhappy but company in denial of real situation. I loved being a visiting nurse and miss it tremendously but donot miss Bayshore and how it affected me both physically and mentally and I cannot get back all the hrs. I have given to them and was never compensated.
Pros
working independently and the clients
Cons
working many hrs. on own time, constant changes
Shift nurse with end of life care clients
Shift Nurse (Current Employee) –  Barrie, and Utopia OntarioMay 1, 2013
I work night shifts as a Palliative Care shift nurse.Management at Bayshore is excellent, they are easy to get in touch with when they are needed. I work alone with the clients, my co-workers and i see each other at meeting and in-services only. The hardest part of my job is working alone, depending on the type of client i do get lonely at times. I love my job; its very rewarding, i am able to provide comfort to my clients and their families.
Pros
independence, because i need to depend on myself, because i work alone.
Cons
i love my job, unfortunately i live in brampton, but work in barrie.
It's great being able to go from different clients thoughout the week
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONAugust 24, 2012
There is no typical day everyday is different, that is why I do this job! I have learned to report everything whether it seems silly or not. The management team is great. they are extremely supportive when staff are having a bad day. Everyone that works there communicates well and we never get too personal. The hardest part of my job, just like in life is saying goodbye when you're not prepared. The best pat is seeing my clients smiling, or even laughing!
Pros
the clients
Cons
not enough hours
Meeting new people everyday
PSW (Current Employee) –  KITCHENERMarch 18, 2013
As a Person Support worker: home support, a typical day would be visiting diffrent clients in their home, some are very nice people but some not so nice. Management needs to improve more on the schedulling and communication. Some of the coordinators are just there they do not really know what they are doing, they call you one million times a day never give you enough hours to live on; maybe 1 hour a day it is really frustrating...and the pay is very low.
Pros
flexible hours..
Cons
not enough scheduled hours to live on
excellent place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONSeptember 6, 2012
Bayshore is a beautiful place to work. The staff and support are fantastic. The nursing care is excellent. Staff are alotted time to spend and assess their patients in an appropriate manner because there are very little time constrants. The hardest part of the job is wokring with clients for so long, attachment can sometimes be difficult at times. The most enjoyable part of the job is flexibility, support and compassion from your co-workers and management.
Pros
flexible and positive work environment
Cons
attachment to long term patients
Terribly unorganized, illegal practices, incompetent management
HCA (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BCSeptember 19, 2014
1) You constantly have to tell management how to do their job
2) Paying an LPN more than an RN who are working with the same client
3) Having to call them daily to fix your schedule because they are constantly making mistakes even if you send them your availability
4) Favouritism - if you bend over and take it from them, you get anything you want. If you stand up for yourself, they are hardasses and will give you less shifts, etc.
5) Their "guarantee" of always having a caregiver for the client when they need them is a load of BS. One of my clients went 5 days without a caregiver, because Bayshore was unable to provide one. AND then they sent out an RN of their own and she dropped the client from an overhead lift.
6) Promising RN hours but only giving HCA hours
7) EXTREMELY unprofessional
8) Only thing I like about working with this company is the client.
9) Clients I have spoken to are also fed up with Bayshore because they talk behind the clients' back about them, they keep them in the dark about scheduling, they dont listen to their needs, they just basically do whatever the heck they want and what will get them the most profit.
More productive and knowledgable
RPN (Current Employee) –  Kitchener ONNovember 7, 2013
I started my nursing currier at bayshore home health as a Registered Practical Nurse where i learned so many things. firstly, time management and organisational skills, leadership skills etc. all the management staff and co-workers are so polite and very helpful.Since the work environment is great it is very easy to tackle difficult situations at the work. the most enjoyable part of the job is you get see see all veriety of clients in the community and lots of opportunities to learn new things and to gain more knowledge.
Enjoyble workplace with caring management and friendly co-workers
Resident Care Worker/Observational Care Provider (Current Employee) –  london, ONDecember 15, 2014
Typical day at work is giving uninterrupted observational care to residents for their safety. Learned how to interact with physically and/or mentally sick people and keep them comfortably while their stay in hospital beds. I had an opportunity to work with hospital and company staff as well. The hardest part of the job is to interact with acute confused and mentally sick patients continuously through out the shift. The most enjoyable part of the job is giving a companionship to patients, which makes them happy and comfortable.

2.9