Bayshore Home Health

Bayshore Home Health Employee Reviews in Canada

Terribly unorganized, illegal practices, incompetent management
HCA (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BCSeptember 19, 2014
1) You constantly have to tell management how to do their job
2) Paying an LPN more than an RN who are working with the same client
3) Having to call them daily to fix your schedule because they are constantly making mistakes even if you send them your availability
4) Favouritism - if you bend over and take it from them, you get anything you want. If you stand up for yourself, they are hardasses and will give you less shifts, etc.
5) Their "guarantee" of always having a caregiver for the client when they need them is a load of BS. One of my clients went 5 days without a caregiver, because Bayshore was unable to provide one. AND then they sent out an RN of their own and she dropped the client from an overhead lift.
6) Promising RN hours but only giving HCA hours
7) EXTREMELY unprofessional
8) Only thing I like about working with this company is the client.
9) Clients I have spoken to are also fed up with Bayshore because they talk behind the clients' back about them, they keep them in the dark about scheduling, they dont listen to their needs, they just basically do whatever the heck they want and what will get them the most profit.
Adventurous productive job
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Kitchener OntarioJuly 8, 2013
In this kind of job you must have a long patience, compassion, ethics, creative, time management,caring and work as a team to co-workers. I learn how to deal with different people with health related problem of the client, encouragement and motivation. Manage your time with the allotted time in providing care & follow the care plan. Its hard if there's a new related health concern or accident happens to a client. I'm happy if my client is getting better or there's improvement & if they are happy and give a compliment to us providing their care. The travel allowance is not enough it should be computed based on the mileage.

Comment – July 10, 2013

Yes anyone who has worked as a community care aide knows it is an interesting and challenging career. You will soon find it is the company Bayshore home health itself that is the problem here.

Horrible place to work. Manager of clinical practise
Manager Clinical Practise (Former Employee) –  London ontarioMay 22, 2013
No time for family. Small office left manager clinical practice picking up the slack. Expectation to work shifts for which there was no other staff avail. Many weekends workingthough it started to improve when resigned. On call after hours. Many in office politics. Area director hired daughter for human resource position in a three person office. Moved daughter into mcp office which was next door to her mother (area director) at back of the office. Massive paperwork expectations. Office staff always questioning work schedule no consideration given for the hours of paperwork and preparations for ISO audits which were for for large part the duty of Mcp. (As supervisor of human resources, all human resource stuff was added to mcp respondibility) No support from head office or regional manager when approaching them about the situation. Anyone who can work as Mcp at this office, I wish you luck!!
Care more about their contract with CCAC then their nurses!
RPN (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONJune 9, 2013
Great place to work if you like working lots of extra hrs. on your own time. Even when you have a day off you are spending your own time calling clients for the next day so you never really feel like you have a day off. Management worries more about their contract with ccac then they do about their nurses. My branch was the pilot project for electronic documentation and it was hell for the last 2 years with all the constant changes and expectations. Tablets never worked properly from the beginning and still donot so nurses end up spending more of their own time calling IT for help or trying to download their clients for the next day. Constant shift in management/staff and staff very stressed and unhappy but company in denial of real situation. I loved being a visiting nurse and miss it tremendously but donot miss Bayshore and how it affected me both physically and mentally and I cannot get back all the hrs. I have given to them and was never compensated.
Pros
working independently and the clients
Cons
working many hrs. on own time, constant changes
Shift nurse with end of life care clients
Shift Nurse (Current Employee) –  Barrie, and Utopia OntarioMay 1, 2013
I work night shifts as a Palliative Care shift nurse.Management at Bayshore is excellent, they are easy to get in touch with when they are needed. I work alone with the clients, my co-workers and i see each other at meeting and in-services only. The hardest part of my job is working alone, depending on the type of client i do get lonely at times. I love my job; its very rewarding, i am able to provide comfort to my clients and their families.
Pros
independence, because i need to depend on myself, because i work alone.
Cons
i love my job, unfortunately i live in brampton, but work in barrie.
Bayshore
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  londonMarch 27, 2015
Working for bayshore was casual and not a lot of work as I found most pt want a female nurse most of my work was sitting with pt on the night shift.
Pros
clean work
Cons
non
Love the health field
Client Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ONMarch 24, 2015
Able to help and interact with the clients.
Meeting new people. From co-workers, to field staff to clients and their families.
Fast paced environment.
Learned medical terminology.
Pros
Free lunches once a month
Cons
Traveling
It's great being able to go from different clients thoughout the week
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONAugust 24, 2012
There is no typical day everyday is different, that is why I do this job! I have learned to report everything whether it seems silly or not. The management team is great. they are extremely supportive when staff are having a bad day. Everyone that works there communicates well and we never get too personal. The hardest part of my job, just like in life is saying goodbye when you're not prepared. The best pat is seeing my clients smiling, or even laughing!
Pros
the clients
Cons
not enough hours
great co workers
Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONOctober 20, 2014
My peers at this job made my time there very enjoyable, however I would like to move on to a company that can offer more advancement than Bayshore is able to at this time.
Pros
i got to work on a wonderful team of csc's
Cons
no room for advancement, not using the full spectrum of my education
Meeting new people everyday
PSW (Current Employee) –  KITCHENERMarch 18, 2013
As a Person Support worker: home support, a typical day would be visiting diffrent clients in their home, some are very nice people but some not so nice. Management needs to improve more on the schedulling and communication. Some of the coordinators are just there they do not really know what they are doing, they call you one million times a day never give you enough hours to live on; maybe 1 hour a day it is really frustrating...and the pay is very low.
Pros
flexible hours..
Cons
not enough scheduled hours to live on
excellent place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONSeptember 6, 2012
Bayshore is a beautiful place to work. The staff and support are fantastic. The nursing care is excellent. Staff are alotted time to spend and assess their patients in an appropriate manner because there are very little time constrants. The hardest part of the job is wokring with clients for so long, attachment can sometimes be difficult at times. The most enjoyable part of the job is flexibility, support and compassion from your co-workers and management.
Pros
flexible and positive work environment
Cons
attachment to long term patients
level of operation
Community Nurse (Current Employee) –  York RegionMarch 17, 2015
I would expect that when there are nurse working autonomously, that the training would be a a high level. Also I would like to see continuity with the client care.
Pros
good pay
Cons
poor communication
More productive and knowledgable
RPN (Current Employee) –  Kitchener ONNovember 7, 2013
I started my nursing currier at bayshore home health as a Registered Practical Nurse where i learned so many things. firstly, time management and organisational skills, leadership skills etc. all the management staff and co-workers are so polite and very helpful.Since the work environment is great it is very easy to tackle difficult situations at the work. the most enjoyable part of the job is you get see see all veriety of clients in the community and lots of opportunities to learn new things and to gain more knowledge.
Co-op placement volunteer
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 24, 2014
I volunteered at Bayshore Home Health for about 8 months. A typical day at work as a volunteer would be exciting and interesting because you never knew what to expect. I've learned how to file important documents, and how to input a new client into the computer system. The managers were friendly and always greeted me every morning I came in to volunteer. I got along with all the other employees and asked them for help when needed. I truly enjoyed volunteering here because it helped me gain experience in the medical field as well thought me how to book and schedule appointments. The hardest part of volunteering was having to leave a wonderful work environment like this place, I do hope that one day I can work at a place like Bayshore.
Pros
free lunches on special events
Not a very caring company, for a Home Care provider
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 3, 2014
Overall I enjoyed my job very much. Answering inquiries, assisting the home care aids when the called and documenting and reporting any prevalent and sensitive information to the appropriate Alberta Heath Service department. Being a female only office (not by choice), at times, many would be confrontational with each other and some were down right volatile. What was the clincher of their non empathy was when I was diagnosed with cancer and need to miss work many times for surgeries and recuperation time. They were not very accommodating and very confrontational about the fact that I missed work to often, it was even noted in my performance evaluation and was deemed unsatisfactory.
Pros
very rewarding to work with wonderful homecare aids, assist with people who needed care
Cons
non empathetic managment
Great to be able to make your own schedule, but hours not always guaranteed
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ONOctober 8, 2013
I love that you get to choose your schedule. I currently work full-time hours from Monday-Friday, although they do like you to work every second weekend if able. Great for family life because you can be finished before you need to pick kids up from daycare/by the time they get home from school. If you have an appointment during the day, you can just schedule your nursing visits around your appointment as you basically make your own schedule and call clients to arrange a convenient time for their visit. Downside is that you can be really busy one week (13+ clients in a day) and then if you have a lot of discharges the next, you could be left with about 3-4 clients a day. And sometimes they're just isn't any clients to pick-up, so that's the biggest downside.
Pros
make your own schedule
Cons
hours not always guaranteed, dealing with ccac to increase or add nursing visits
Bad and sneaky management
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mississauga,OntarioAugust 25, 2014
At the beginning I enjoyed working for this company. The longer I was there, the more unpleasant it became.
Management plays favouritism and punishes you by not giving work if you do something they don't like.
They employ a lot of incompetent not caring individuals.
They love you to your face and belittle you behind your back.
As long as you do what they want, you are safe.
A company that approaches nursing in a cookie cutting way
Current employee but not for much longer (Current Employee) –  HamiltonJanuary 22, 2013
Some of the people who work for Bayshore are excellent! Bayshore sometimes forgets about those people. They claim that you make less money to afford the cell phone they provide for you, but I haven't had a cell phone for months and no pay increase. I also advanced my education and am now an RPN. Bayshore didn't help me in any way. In fact I was bullied sometimes by on-call coordinators to take shifts. Studying took priority it's too bad they failed to recognize that. When I received my papers they didn't offer me employment either. Either I slipped through the cracks or they didn't like me. I'm going to go with slipped through the cracks because every client I provided care for loved me. Hopefully Bayshore wakes up and sees that their company would be nothing without the hard work of the PSW's.
Pros
it's a job
Cons
the on-call coordinators ruined it for me

Comment – April 1, 2013

Worst employer ever. Lots of after hour work you are not compensated for, pay for your own cell phone and calls,no pension plan, no education fund,poor mileage (told to make up the difference on your taxes), poor pay overall, including call time. They like to say they are all about the clients, but they are not.Toxic work environment. Find another employer....a lot of years I won't get back and not even a thank you when I left. Sad.

Comment – June 27, 2013

I don't think the owner really knows what is going on at this branch. The nepotism and favouritism is unreal. I think the nsc HR needs to take a close look at why there is so much turnover/firings. Blatant harassment that is not discussed, a blind eye is turned. There is silent bullying (dirty looks, restriction, seclusion) Toxic environment. Low morale. Felt physically and emotionally sick the entire time I worked there.

They do not stand behind the staff and too many lies.
Registered Practical Nurse (Shift) (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONApril 16, 2014
loved my job with Bayshore for 10 yrs, then years11+ were lies, intro to computers which don't work, then threats by managers, no information or mis information. Work went to PSWs, then shift nursing work became almost non-existant. Most of the office staff are terrific and helpful and maybe some managers can't stand the stress, shouldn't be managers! There are TOO MANY managers. I left there thinking computers were lost to me...until my next job and then with a decent programme installed all flowed well and my confidence returned. Co-workers for the most part are good but don't get to see them except at meeting or if we have a wrap around client.
Usually clients have only one shift per day.
Pros
can choose where &when to work, visiting nurses helpful, can travel as much or as little as you want.
Cons
manager does not back up staff, manipulates families, lying, mtgs geared to visiting nurses not shift, shift not given car kits, no paid mileage
Helped to get some experience and go forward.
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONNovember 10, 2014
Overall, nice company to start with but I won't work for a long time because of the pay scale and driving a lot and pay yourself for the gas and time you drove.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
driving a lot