Bayshore Home Health Employee Reviews

Great place to work at
Client Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 September 2016
Bayshore Home Health is a service provider for Alberta Health Services. It gave me a platform to sharpen my skills and also provided the opportunity for further growth. I enjoy working with all the amazing staff we have at Bayshore.
Good Job
Student Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Canada1 June 2016
Great rewarding job. It takes a lot of patience and practice but once your in the swing of things this job can change your life.
Pros
the salary
Cons
sometimes there is no garante of hours
WORST CARE PROVIDER EVER
client (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 December 2015
I do not work here but we have Bayshore as a care provider for a family member via our Health services. Let me tell you this... All the 20 PSW's we get have absolutely nothing positive to say about this company. I listen to them almost everyday complaining about the horrendous company culture. It makes me sick that a company treats their employees so bad. I won't go into major detail but I'll just tell you that the main issue starts at the top with upper management and trickles down.

The main culprit is horrible management and senior administrators who rule the office with an iron fist. These people have been working here way too long and NEED to go. They contribute to the low morale and negativity. Be nice to them or they will adjust your hours or shifts as they please. If the company can acknowledge the issues and get rid of the upper 'club' I'm sure Bayshore would be a much more enjoyable place to work.

All issues / concerns brought up to management are usually disregarded. Even as a client, certain records are not logged!! As if nothing happened and they have no knowledge of it!!

Bayshore has an extremely high turn over rate. PSW's come and go every month!! Right here this says a lot about Bayshore.
Pros
Cons
Bad managment
good place to work
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Bayshore Home Health Windsor24 August 2015
I had the opportunity to work doing personal home-care out in the community and also in a palliative care setting for several years. I learned enormous amount of medical information. The position was very rewarding on a personal level.
Most of my co-workers were excellent. Always a few bad seeds in any basket of apples but you learn to deal with it. Unfortunately management was not very supportive. Although it was stated about an open door policy, that was certainly not experienced.
Hardest part was leaving my patients at the end of the day.
Pros
personally rewarding
Cons
long hours/non-supportive management
It was a good place to work
Front Line Office Staff (Former Employee) –  GTA3 April 2013
Things have really changed at Bayshore over the last couple of years.....not even close to what it used to be.

Too many management changes & they never seem to find a good "fit". The front line staff pay for this (job loss, never know what's going on)

Micromanaging employees that are skilled. On one occasion management requested office staff go and clean a clients home just to cover a shift.

If caregivers are not like they do not get booked.
Pros
benefits were good
Cons
management does not treat workers with respect
Staff very friendly, lots of Events
Pharmacist Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 July 2016
Answer incoming calls, intake new patient inquiries, transfer to branch. Very repetitive, not challenging enough. Answer incoming chats and answer emails for new inquiries. Work independently Call Centre Manager is awesome, she is really easy to talk too and will listen to issues you are having.
Pros
Staff is great
flexible hours
Home Care Aide/ Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC17 March 2016
BayShore Home Health is a professional company that gave me the privilege to interact with different clients and cater to their physical and health needs. The management made sure that all aspects of the job are acceptable to ensure the safety of both the clients and the workers.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not enough hours for me
great spirited
Personal supportworker (Former Employee) –  London, ON26 February 2016
loved working here they make the staff feel like family and always make extra training available.
the staff and management went out of their way to ensure the resident and staff are all satisfied. this company truly cares about their residence quality of living as independent as possible. I feel that they do more things for the residence that most home care agencies do and that's why I loved working for them,
inconsistent work, very demanding, very short notice
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 April 2013
This is a company that promises a lot and doesn't deliver. There were no benefits, and no raises the entire 18 months I worked for them. I started working 55 hours a week but when I had a complaint about how I was treated, was cut dramatically. They won't tell you about any complaints from clients, and just really don't seem to care.
Cons
long hours, short notice cancellation, no benefits very poor pay
Bayshore Healthcare
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 July 2016
My experience with Bayshore was a good one, staff was great, they are reliable. lots of clients to work with in the community,some challenging, but overall the experience was good. i will work for them again
Great getting to spend extra time with clients, non rushed.
Home Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK23 October 2012
A great company to work for there are many perks to the job. As long as you are able to work a variety of hours ie, day, evening, night then there is lots of potential to make money. Good benefits package and co-workers are really nice and helpful. Going through a restructuring and it can be confusing at times as to who management is and the office staff are inconsistent, other than that i really enjoyed working for Bayshore and would recommend applying.
Pros
flexibility and no penalty for refusing clients
Cons
no pay for mileage, new scheduling staff are inconsistent and make mistakes which leads to frustration, lack of of oversight (management is in saskatoon).
Registered Practical Nurse - Management is unfair, only cares about their own money, nurses are disrespected, poor work conditions, etc.
Registered practical nurse (Current Employee) –  Mississauga 11 June 2013
Managers have their friendly nurses who they give personal benefits for. Even if a nurse works for 10 years in the community, they do not increase the transportation allowance to cover for the high gas prices and other costs. There is no pension plan. If a nurse is working in a clinic, they don't pay over time hours. If a nurse is working in community, they give 4 hours of work, spread throughout the day so that your time is wasted. Very poor management. Coordinators do not know how to do their jobs.
Pros
Staff are friendly and helpful
Cons
Managers are monsters
bayshore
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  London, ON13 July 2016
Good company to work for with lots of variety. Pays well. Hours are hit and miss!! Staff is good and flexible with your personal schedule.
Pros
flexible
Cons
not alot of hours
always a new day to experience great clients in the community
Registered practical nurse (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON13 March 2014
I ve learned to be a quick thinker and have utilized my assessment skills on an ongoing basis. Time management is key. hardest part of the job is not getting to attatched to my clients. I work in homecare and for consistency I have a few long term clients that I work with daily, completing all care and travelling within the community and school while providing personal care. the most enjoyable part of the job is being able to provide care and knowing that you are making a difference whether it be big or small in someones life.
benefits
Cons
traveling
Enjoy my job
CSC (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON13 July 2016
Overall, great place to work. Co-workers are helpful and friendly. High stress job but low stress environment. I really enjoy working for Bayshore Home Health
Very Poor Management
Client Service Coordinator-Nursing (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 January 2016
The coworkers is the best part of the working environment, but the management really sucks. New employees were not given proper training. Some supervisors are very moody and rude. Ongoing bullying is being tolerated by the management. They don't give quality patient care.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Poor training, bullying
various nursing skills and knowledge acquired during working at this company
RN (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON1 June 2016
This job provided me an excellent opportunity to learn wound care and iv skills.
I have also learn team work and collaboration for better client centered care.
no work
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS26 May 2016
Meeting new people. Love working with others. Just not enough hours. Hardest part was adjusting to new floors. Most enjoyable was seeing how others were happy to work with me.
RPN
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON22 December 2014
Do not work for this company no matter how desparate you think you are, they will destroy your career, they are nothing more than a lying back stabbing, manipulating organization that pays garbage wages for nurses that have extensive skills, they cooridinators are retards. management is a joke, if you value your career, never , ever work for this company in any capacity whatsoever
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
My review with the companys I have work with was very ggod. They were very nice and well organized
Community Living Worker (Former Employee) –  Steeles and young25 October 2012
My typical day at work would be educational, Always learning new things from peer managements and people i meet everyday. I have work with people from all walks of life and the most wonderful thing i learn is never to be judgemental of people we meet. Go in with an open mind and everything will be fine.

I love to do my job to the best of my ability, and i always go over it to make sure its is done properly.The hardest part of my job is seeing one one in trouble or hurting and there is nothing in my power that i can do to help them.

The most enjoyable part of my job to have it completed, and makes a differences in all that i do. And have great boss and team players.
Pros
i enjoy working with people from all walks of life
Cons
not been treated with respected

2.8