Bayshore Home Health

Bayshore Home Health Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Promote Bayshore's serious injury progam to the community as well as Case Managed and problemed solved difficult situations.
Manager, Business Development National Care Team (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 19, 2014
Pros: wonderful team enviroment
Cons: recognition for revenue created through postive case management
Bayshore Home Health was a great place to work. My director was supportive and pleasant to work with and provided a positive team environment.

My role was that of a case manager for major funding sources for families. Through networking, educational presentations and conference planning ~ my role was to promote Bayshore's service across Canada.
excellent place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Sault Ste. Marie, ONSeptember 6, 2012
Pros: flexible and positive work environment
Cons: attachment to long term patients
Bayshore is a beautiful place to work. The staff and support are fantastic. The nursing care is excellent. Staff are alotted time to spend and assess their patients in an appropriate manner because there are very little time constrants. The hardest part of the job is wokring with clients for so long, attachment can sometimes be difficult at times. The most enjoyable part of the job is flexibility, support and compassion from your co-workers and management.
rude and disrespectful
home care aide (Current Employee), bcJune 21, 2015
Pros: Nothing
Cons: everything
Most rude and disrespectful company. Except you to pick large clients on your own and do not allow help. Working there for 10 plus years got numerous compliments and awards for customer service through Bayshore and they only offer 1-2 hrs a day now or ask you to take a pay cut they hire all the time but don't help out long tenured employees with shifts
It was a job that made you feel that a differance was being made for the elderly
Client Service Co ordinator (Former Employee), Fredericton, NBJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: making a differance in the clients lives
Cons: the new area director did not know the roles of staff in the office
I enjoyed making a difference in the clients home with the care that was provided. I enjoyed communicating with the clients and their families.
I enjoyed staffing the field staff and being able to help out where needed with them.
The hardest part of the job was not being able to keep everybody happy even though you tried everything possible.
Client are super but the job is a time crunch
Home Support Worker (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCApril 17, 2015
Pros: Ability to choose jobs to some extent
Cons: Heavy workload, fairly great distances to travel between calls with little compensation, Only paid for time in the hme
This company demands a lot from its employees in a short period of time. Time on the road is not compensated for. Gas mileage is no reimbursed. A small flat fee is the only compensation given between calls.
Bad and sneaky management
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Mississauga,OntarioAugust 25, 2014
At the beginning I enjoyed working for this company. The longer I was there, the more unpleasant it became.
Management plays favouritism and punishes you by not giving work if you do something they don't like.
They employ a lot of incompetent not caring individuals.
They love you to your face and belittle you behind your back.
As long as you do what they want, you are safe.
Certified Personal Support Worker (Current Employee), london, onJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: communication is not what it should be for an employer who is rated in the top 50 employers.
Bayshore is a really good place to work if you are looking for a dynamic workplace. Bayshore has the potential for growth if you take the opportunities that are given to you as an employee.
The office does need to work on getting organized and better comunication.

June 20, 2013

I know the job of being in community care is a fascinating one. If you are adaptable and knowledgeable and like working on your own, there is no other job like it. The rewards are huge. Bayshore has ruined it. The shear size of it and its terrible scheduling techniques have made working in the community care sector a life wasting job. You cannot make enough money with Bayshore as they are so focused on their bottom line that you are just a tool to be used and your lifes circumstances are not taken into consideration. If you get into an accident while on work and many care aides do as we are expected to drive every day in all kinds of conditions and even when we ourselves are feeling under the weather as anyone can tell you when they have tried to get a sick day off and its not allowed or you are pressured into taking it, the care aides who are layed up for months will tell you not only did they not get any real help in filling out the forms for WCB, but Im sure they were not even contacted by anyone in the big offices of Bayshore as to their health. Burnaby Bayshore has been a horrible disorganized place to work for. The office is hard on its care aides. We don't get enough hours of paid work, and the schedule is never up more than a day or two in advance. Calling any one in charge is at best a 50-50 chance. Even though we are expected to work long days and weekends the office is strictly mon to fri 9- 5 They call themselves a top run company....they should get a vote on that. when they require so many hours of your day to made available to them, they should fill it up. I wanted – more... an 8 hour day over a 9 hour window and in 4 + years Bayshore has given every excuse in the world as to why it is not done.
I am tired of the control and demands and still not being able to pay my bills.
I will make more money in a coffee shop or retail store than what my college education has given me under Burnaby Bayshores scheduling.
Terribly run and yet no one seems to care. – less

July 4, 2013

Bayshore home health is rated a top RUN company, not a top employer. It won this award due largely to the fact that the office went from paper to electronic system, etc. From my own experience, it will need to change practically every thing it does in order to even achieve a chance of being called a top employer. Run as it is now....it is a terrible place to work.

Extreme amount of raport built with patients.
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee), Halifax, NSOctober 22, 2013
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: short staffed
12 hour shifts ( am & pm ) on Neurology Unit.
Assist with daily needs - feeding, taking for walks, assisting to the washroom.
I learned that working with patients who are mentally unstable is very rewarding and something I want to continue with my career.
I loved everything about the job.
RPN
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONDecember 22, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
Do not work for this company no matter how desparate you think you are, they will destroy your career, they are nothing more than a lying back stabbing, manipulating organization that pays garbage wages for nurses that have extensive skills, they cooridinators are retards. management is a joke, if you value your career, never , ever work for this company in any capacity whatsoever
great inservices
Registered Nurse Home Visiting (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Bayshore nurse really do care about their clients
Cons: you have to do midnight on-call as full time or part time, or get demoted to casual.
Bayshore really cares about staff and clients. Bayshore never turns away a client.
Computer charting is still needing kinks to be worked out.
Worker safety is important, and company promotes their nurses to work safely.
Stay away from this company, unless you are desperate.
Nurse (Former Employee), BrockvilleDecember 10, 2014
Pros: clients
Cons: lack of appreciation to staff, staff are replaceable. overall, not a great place to work as a nurse.
The office environment is toxic. Favoratism runs rampant. Money is average for a home care company. No real future unless you play kiss up to the head honchos. Clients are the real "Positive". Poor leadership at this agency.
playing cards with clients, if clients do have dog bring out for a walk.
Personal support worker (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 25, 2014
enjoying work out in the community, it is my passion when out in the community you get to know different people my many races. my hardest time working is when the clients has their moments when they want to work with me either then that I love my job as a personal support worker
Best Company I have had the pleasure of working for
Client Service Coordinator / Receptionist (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONOctober 22, 2012
Pros: working from 7 - 3 and the pay was real good
Cons: nothing bad
7 - 3 Data Entry work
Organizational skills, Proficiency skills
Every management member was a team player
Co-workers were all hard workers
No hard part in the job
Enjoyable taking to the clients / patients

June 16, 2013

But you have no idea how much the frontline workers have to put up with, especially the management had no respect to us

great co workers
Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Windsor, ONOctober 20, 2014
Pros: i got to work on a wonderful team of csc's
Cons: no room for advancement, not using the full spectrum of my education
My peers at this job made my time there very enjoyable, however I would like to move on to a company that can offer more advancement than Bayshore is able to at this time.
Independant home care - shift nursing
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONJanuary 24, 2013
There is no such thing as a typical day. Everyday is different. Management can confusing as to who is in what job. Never see co-workers. Hardest part is being alone and not always able to call the office for an opinion. Most enjoyable part is helping people.
i give bayshore 100%
care aid (Current Employee), Langley, BCNovember 17, 2014
Pros: they always aprreciate whenever you go an extra time .
Cons: no cons
bay shore is a very wonderful company. they have helped me grow in all ramifications in my job as a care aid. and they always encourage you to be at your best. there is always a reminder to always check the care plan. they are always with you as you go.
Fast Paced, Educational Experience
Medical Receptionist/ Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJune 11, 2014
Pros: professional
Cons: no job security
I worked in a small office, where the 2 members of office staff had to take on the role of many different positions and departments.
I learned a lot about the medical field, as well as office and email etiquette.
The hardest part of this job was the constant restructuring, and no job security.
It is a fun working agency.
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee), Oakville, ONJuly 22, 2012
Pros: payed benefits
Cons: not enough hours
I worked on my own a lot which i love sometimes. I get to travel to lots of different Provence in Ontario and work wit all race and gender. I work in Nursing Homes Retirement Homes In Home and Hospitals. I gain lots of experience and training.
Very Poor Management
Client Service Coordinator-Nursing (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 19, 2016
Pros: Nice co-workers
Cons: Poor training, bullying
The coworkers is the best part of the working environment, but the management really sucks. New employees were not given proper training. Some supervisors are very moody and rude. Ongoing bullying is being tolerated by the management. They don't give quality patient care.
fun and fulfilling
Health Care Worker/CHW (Current Employee), Burnaby BCOctober 16, 2015
Pros: paid milleage and 19.85 min/hr
Cons: casual and not enough hours to support my family
I enjoy working with my clients, I talk to them and laugh with them assisting them with their daily needs. I drove to their home and assist with bathing, feeding, toileting, peri-care, oral care, dressing, helping with their laundry, giving medication.