Bayshore Home Health

Bayshore Home Health Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Horrible place to work. Manager of clinical practise
Manager Clinical Practise (Former Employee), London ontarioMay 22, 2013
No time for family. Small office left manager clinical practice picking up the slack. Expectation to work shifts for which there was no other staff avail. Many weekends workingthough it started to improve when resigned. On call after hours. Many in office politics. Area director hired daughter for human resource position in a three person office. Moved – more... daughter into mcp office which was next door to her mother (area director) at back of the office. Massive paperwork expectations. Office staff always questioning work schedule no consideration given for the hours of paperwork and preparations for ISO audits which were for for large part the duty of Mcp. (As supervisor of human resources, all human resource stuff was added to mcp respondibility) No support from head office or regional manager when approaching them about the situation. Anyone who can work as Mcp at this office, I wish you luck!! – less
Shift nurse with end of life care clients
Shift Nurse (Current Employee), Barrie, and Utopia OntarioMay 1, 2013
Pros: independence, because i need to depend on myself, because i work alone.
Cons: i love my job, unfortunately i live in brampton, but work in barrie.
I work night shifts as a Palliative Care shift nurse.Management at Bayshore is excellent, they are easy to get in touch with when they are needed. I work alone with the clients, my co-workers and i see each other at meeting and in-services only. The hardest part of my job is working alone, depending on the type of client i do get lonely at times. I – more... love my job; its very rewarding, i am able to provide comfort to my clients and their families. – less
It was a good place to work
Front Line Office Staff (Former Employee), GTAApril 3, 2013
Pros: benefits were good
Cons: management does not treat workers with respect
Things have really changed at Bayshore over the last couple of years.....not even close to what it used to be.

Too many management changes & they never seem to find a good "fit". The front line staff pay for this (job loss, never know what's going on)

Micromanaging employees that are skilled. On one occasion management requested office – more... staff go and clean a clients home just to cover a shift.

If caregivers are not like they do not get booked. – less
inconsistent work, very demanding, very short notice
Health Care Aide (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 3, 2013
Cons: long hours, short notice cancellation, no benefits very poor pay
This is a company that promises a lot and doesn't deliver. There were no benefits, and no raises the entire 18 months I worked for them. I started working 55 hours a week but when I had a complaint about how I was treated, was cut dramatically. They won't tell you about any complaints from clients, and just really don't seem to care.
inconsistent work, very demanding, very short notice
Health Care Aide (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 3, 2013
Cons: long hours, short notice cancellation, no benefits very poor pay
Meeting new people everyday
PSW (Current Employee), KITCHENERMarch 18, 2013
Pros: flexible hours..
Cons: not enough scheduled hours to live on
As a Person Support worker: home support, a typical day would be visiting diffrent clients in their home, some are very nice people but some not so nice. Management needs to improve more on the schedulling and communication. Some of the coordinators are just there they do not really know what they are doing, they call you one million times a day never – more... give you enough hours to live on; maybe 1 hour a day it is really frustrating...and the pay is very low. – less
Learning Experience
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee), Brantford, ONJanuary 25, 2013
this company has an amazing set of clientele, along with a strong group of PSW's. If your loved one'(s) ever need homecare, I highly recommend using Bayshore Home Health
Independant home care - shift nursing
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONJanuary 24, 2013
There is no such thing as a typical day. Everyday is different. Management can confusing as to who is in what job. Never see co-workers. Hardest part is being alone and not always able to call the office for an opinion. Most enjoyable part is helping people.
A company that approaches nursing in a cookie cutting way
Current employee but not for much longer (Current Employee), HamiltonJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: it's a job
Cons: the on-call coordinators ruined it for me
Some of the people who work for Bayshore are excellent! Bayshore sometimes forgets about those people. They claim that you make less money to afford the cell phone they provide for you, but I haven't had a cell phone for months and no pay increase. I also advanced my education and am now an RPN. Bayshore didn't help me in any way. In fact I was bullied – more... sometimes by on-call coordinators to take shifts. Studying took priority it's too bad they failed to recognize that. When I received my papers they didn't offer me employment either. Either I slipped through the cracks or they didn't like me. I'm going to go with slipped through the cracks because every client I provided care for loved me. Hopefully Bayshore wakes up and sees that their company would be nothing without the hard work of the PSW's. – less

April 1, 2013

Worst employer ever. Lots of after hour work you are not compensated for, pay for your own cell phone and calls,no pension plan, no education fund,poor mileage (told to make up the difference on your taxes), poor pay overall, including call time. They like to say they are all about the clients, but they are not.Toxic work environment. Find another employer....a lot of years I won't get back and not even a thank you when I left. Sad.

June 27, 2013

I don't think the owner really knows what is going on at this branch. The nepotism and favouritism is unreal. I think the nsc HR needs to take a close look at why there is so much turnover/firings. Blatant harassment that is not discussed, a blind eye is turned. There is silent bullying (dirty looks, restriction, seclusion) Toxic environment. Low morale. Felt physically and emotionally sick the entire time I worked there.

Certified Personal Support Worker (Current Employee), london, onJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: communication is not what it should be for an employer who is rated in the top 50 employers.
Bayshore is a really good place to work if you are looking for a dynamic workplace. Bayshore has the potential for growth if you take the opportunities that are given to you as an employee.
The office does need to work on getting organized and better comunication.

June 20, 2013

I know the job of being in community care is a fascinating one. If you are adaptable and knowledgeable and like working on your own, there is no other job like it. The rewards are huge. Bayshore has ruined it. The shear size of it and its terrible scheduling techniques have made working in the community care sector a life wasting job. You cannot make enough money with Bayshore as they are so focused on their bottom line that you are just a tool to be used and your lifes circumstances are not taken into consideration. If you get into an accident while on work and many care aides do as we are expected to drive every day in all kinds of conditions and even when we ourselves are feeling under the weather as anyone can tell you when they have tried to get a sick day off and its not allowed or you are pressured into taking it, the care aides who are layed up for months will tell you not only did they not get any real help in filling out the forms for WCB, but Im sure they were not even contacted by anyone in the big offices of Bayshore as to their health. Burnaby Bayshore has been a horrible disorganized place to work for. The office is hard on its care aides. We don't get enough hours of paid work, and the schedule is never up more than a day or two in advance. Calling any one in charge is at best a 50-50 chance. Even though we are expected to work long days and weekends the office is strictly mon to fri 9- 5 They call themselves a top run company....they should get a vote on that. when they require so many hours of your day to made available to them, they should fill it up. I wanted an 8 hour day over a 9 hour window and in 4 + years Bayshore has given every excuse in the world as to why it is not done. I am tired of the control and demands and still not being able to pay my bills. I will make more money in a coffee shop or retail store than what my college education has given me under Burnaby Bayshores scheduling. Terribly run and yet no one seems to care.

July 4, 2013

Bayshore home health is rated a top RUN company, not a top employer. It won this award due largely to the fact that the office went from paper to electronic system, etc. From my own experience, it will need to change practically every thing it does in order to even achieve a chance of being called a top employer. Run as it is now....it is a terrible place to work.

Help Clients With Personal Care!!! With a SMILE!!
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee), London, ONDecember 30, 2012
-assisting clients with personal care...ie: bathing, dressing, cooking, light housekeeping etc..
-i have learned that each client is different and has different needs
-listening to the clients and their needs is key
-love helping and making a differnece!!
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONDecember 27, 2012
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: less pay than in hospital and long-term care
Work in the community and learning new skills.Ability to learn very advance skills and work to your schedule!
Used to be a good place
Senior accountant (Former Employee), NSC, MississaugaNovember 22, 2012
Pros: pay increases were regular
Cons: hard to advance
I started there and learned a lot to develop my career, but when it came to advance my career management was more content to keep me where I am
positive and rewarding experience
RESIDENT CARE ATTENDANT (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCNovember 21, 2012
Working as a care attendant had its challenges.This job was rewarding and fun. I didn't have many co-workers as i had a live in job 5 days a week. I learned to be patient and caring towards others.
Professional & caring
Community Health Care Worker II (Former Employee), Surrey, BCNovember 13, 2012
Provided care to people in our community with ADL's Very rewarding job to make a difference in the lives of of others. Great staff to work for who strive to meet the needs of clients on a profesional level as well as employee respect and appreciation.

June 16, 2013

You must be part of management to make a statement like that

not a positive experience
health care aide (Former Employee), edmonton,abNovember 3, 2012
Cons: not enough hours.
I wouldn't recommend bayshore as a good steady job.It was hard to find hours and when you did get the hours it was hard to keep them.If you lost a client to unforeseen circumstances it would take them a long time to get you a new client.
A fun place to work
Manager of Clinical Practice (Former Employee), Oakville, ONOctober 28, 2012
Pros: fun place to work
a challenging position in nurse management with flexibility to try out new ideas and grow.

March 26, 2013

You must be management making that statement

My review with the companys I have work with was very ggod. They were very nice and well organized
Community Living Worker (Former Employee), Steeles and youngOctober 25, 2012
Pros: i enjoy working with people from all walks of life
Cons: not been treated with respected
My typical day at work would be educational, Always learning new things from peer managements and people i meet everyday. I have work with people from all walks of life and the most wonderful thing i learn is never to be judgemental of people we meet. Go in with an open mind and everything will be fine.

I love to do my job to the best of my ability, – more... and i always go over it to make sure its is done properly.The hardest part of my job is seeing one one in trouble or hurting and there is nothing in my power that i can do to help them.

The most enjoyable part of my job to have it completed, and makes a differences in all that i do. And have great boss and team players. – less
Great getting to spend extra time with clients, non rushed.
Home Support Worker (Former Employee), Regina, SKOctober 23, 2012
Pros: flexibility and no penalty for refusing clients
Cons: no pay for mileage, new scheduling staff are inconsistent and make mistakes which leads to frustration, lack of of oversight (management is in saskatoon).
A great company to work for there are many perks to the job. As long as you are able to work a variety of hours ie, day, evening, night then there is lots of potential to make money. Good benefits package and co-workers are really nice and helpful. Going through a restructuring and it can be confusing at times as to who management is and the office – more... staff are inconsistent, other than that i really enjoyed working for Bayshore and would recommend applying. – less
Best Company I have had the pleasure of working for
Client Service Coordinator / Receptionist (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONOctober 22, 2012
Pros: working from 7 - 3 and the pay was real good
Cons: nothing bad
7 - 3 Data Entry work
Organizational skills, Proficiency skills
Every management member was a team player
Co-workers were all hard workers
No hard part in the job
Enjoyable taking to the clients / patients

June 16, 2013

But you have no idea how much the frontline workers have to put up with, especially the management had no respect to us

About Bayshore Home Health

Bayshore Home Health has been enhancing the quality of life, well-being, dignity and independence of Canadians since 1966. Canadian – Read more

Bayshore Home Health Photos