Bayshore Home Health

Bayshore Home Health Employee Reviews

Good place to work if you don't want to be appreciated
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON24 August 2016
I worked a number of years for this company and the only thing I got was used. Skills and talents are taken advantage of, favours and going above and beyond mean nothing to them in the end. It's all about the bottom line and the money they can make. Co-workers were great, management a joke.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Management, lack of appreciation, lack of support and accountability, clear divide between employees and management
Professional
Personal Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 November 2016
I am a current employee. The biggest difference between Bayshore and other places I have worked is that management is professional. Far better place to work than in public healthcare.
Pros
Excellent people management, great supervisors
Cons
Lower pay
Rewarding and an awesome setting to practice new skills.
Community Health Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC14 August 2016
If you thrive working on your own and love independence then Home Support is the way to go. Gives you the atmosphere to learn how to assess clients, as well as the responsibility of being the front line in caregiving. These patients rely on you to be your top game and relay information to the nurses or emergency services to provide them with appropriate level of care. You have to be able to assess as professionally as a nurse and are given LPN like tasks at times after training. You also have to be able to document like an LPN and phone the RN when necessary.
Pros
Independance
Cons
time restraints when travelling between houses
Highs and lows
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  York Region10 December 2016
There are good and bad in all companies. You get to schedule your own patient times. Paid flat rate mileage is nice. Autonomy. Director is great. High turn over in managers. Interaction with your co-workers maybe once a month.
Learned the ability to multitask.
Client Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC7 November 2016
Working at Bayshore Home Health as a Service Client Coordinator, I have demonstrated courteous telephone skills and professional written and oral communications skills. I possess extensive experience in providing clerical duties such as assisting nursing staffs, discharging duties, medical records, and patient admissions.
Supportive
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Ontario5 February 2017
If you required hours you would ask you would get it, scheduler was great when contacted. Staff were funny, and very supportive.
I learned many different ways of caring for people and was educated by my work.

I enjoyed spending time in team meetings and out in the field.
Not enough work for full time work.
Hospital Ward Clerk (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS8 October 2016
When I did have a shift as a Ward Clerk, or a Patient Care
Attendant the work was often difficult, but gratifying.
However, the downfall with this particular employer, shifts were
often cancelled at the last minute. Could not make ends meat.
Pros
Cons
shifts being cancelled at the last minute/
support
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON26 January 2017
More support from employer to employee is needed, as nurses are out in the community working independently they could use the assistance of the office a little more
Great place to work at. Managers are awesome
PSW (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON21 December 2016
Great atmosphere. Managers are great as far as scheduling and dealing with issues employees have. The hours are as much as you want them to be depending on your availability.
I loved working for this company
PCW (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS13 November 2016
The company is great, they gave me the hours I loved to have.It was a full time predictable steady job. The Higher ups where great at what they did and provided excellent training
Pros
Love it
Cons
There where none
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS3 August 2016
Bayshore Home Health offers great learning opportunities for nurses, staff and management are very supportive, As a casual nurse, I have the ability to pick shifts to my schedule
Great place to work at
Client Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 September 2016
Bayshore Home Health is a service provider for Alberta Health Services. It gave me a platform to sharpen my skills and also provided the opportunity for further growth. I enjoy working with all the amazing staff we have at Bayshore.
Great getting to spend extra time with clients, non rushed.
Home Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK23 October 2012
A great company to work for there are many perks to the job. As long as you are able to work a variety of hours ie, day, evening, night then there is lots of potential to make money. Good benefits package and co-workers are really nice and helpful. Going through a restructuring and it can be confusing at times as to who management is and the office staff are inconsistent, other than that i really enjoyed working for Bayshore and would recommend applying.
Pros
flexibility and no penalty for refusing clients
Cons
no pay for mileage, new scheduling staff are inconsistent and make mistakes which leads to frustration, lack of of oversight (management is in saskatoon).
Registered Practical Nurse - Management is unfair, only cares about their own money, nurses are disrespected, poor work conditions, etc.
Registered practical nurse (Current Employee) –  Mississauga 11 June 2013
Managers have their friendly nurses who they give personal benefits for. Even if a nurse works for 10 years in the community, they do not increase the transportation allowance to cover for the high gas prices and other costs. There is no pension plan. If a nurse is working in a clinic, they don't pay over time hours. If a nurse is working in community, they give 4 hours of work, spread throughout the day so that your time is wasted. Very poor management. Coordinators do not know how to do their jobs.
Pros
Staff are friendly and helpful
Cons
Managers are monsters
bayshore
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  London, ON13 July 2016
Good company to work for with lots of variety. Pays well. Hours are hit and miss!! Staff is good and flexible with your personal schedule.
Pros
flexible
Cons
not alot of hours
It was a good place to work
Front Line Office Staff (Former Employee) –  GTA3 April 2013
Things have really changed at Bayshore over the last couple of years.....not even close to what it used to be.

Too many management changes & they never seem to find a good "fit". The front line staff pay for this (job loss, never know what's going on)

Micromanaging employees that are skilled. On one occasion management requested office staff go and clean a clients home just to cover a shift.

If caregivers are not like they do not get booked.
Pros
benefits were good
Cons
management does not treat workers with respect
always a new day to experience great clients in the community
Registered practical nurse (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON13 March 2014
I ve learned to be a quick thinker and have utilized my assessment skills on an ongoing basis. Time management is key. hardest part of the job is not getting to attatched to my clients. I work in homecare and for consistency I have a few long term clients that I work with daily, completing all care and travelling within the community and school while providing personal care. the most enjoyable part of the job is being able to provide care and knowing that you are making a difference whether it be big or small in someones life.
benefits
Cons
traveling
RPN visiting Nurse
RPN Community Visiting Program/ACC Clinic Nurse (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON22 June 2016
Have learned great time management
Critical thinking skills
Independence
Facilitation of services to support and benefit patients and families. However limited resources due to tight budgets
Pros
Patients
Cons
non
Staff very friendly, lots of Events
Pharmacist Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 July 2016
Answer incoming calls, intake new patient inquiries, transfer to branch. Very repetitive, not challenging enough. Answer incoming chats and answer emails for new inquiries. Work independently Call Centre Manager is awesome, she is really easy to talk too and will listen to issues you are having.
Pros
Staff is great
inconsistent work, very demanding, very short notice
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 April 2013
This is a company that promises a lot and doesn't deliver. There were no benefits, and no raises the entire 18 months I worked for them. I started working 55 hours a week but when I had a complaint about how I was treated, was cut dramatically. They won't tell you about any complaints from clients, and just really don't seem to care.
Cons
long hours, short notice cancellation, no benefits very poor pay

2.8