Bayshore Home Health

Bayshore Home Health Employee Reviews in Canada

Great Place to Work
Community Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONNovember 30, 2015
Bayshore Home Health is a great place to work! Kind, hard working, thoughtful and caring staff are employed at Bayshore Home Health.
Bayshore Home Health
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCNovember 4, 2015
It was the first job that allowed me to use my HCA skills and I was able to do a variety of jobs that are possible in that field. I did private home care which included light house keeping and cooking. Companionship was a huge part of the job. I also did medical escorts and went into long term care facilities to do companionship clients. I worked with the elderly by helping them do day to day activities and other clients had acquired brain injuries. The variety of clients I saw really gave me a lot of experience in the spectrum of HCA field
Pros
The variety of clients with various needs, so was able to use all the skills I learned in school in real world applications.
Cons
I was given the most difficult cases, they knew I would be able to handle them, that in turn burned me out.
fun and fulfilling
Health Care Worker/CHW (Current Employee) –  Burnaby BCOctober 16, 2015
I enjoy working with my clients, I talk to them and laugh with them assisting them with their daily needs. I drove to their home and assist with bathing, feeding, toileting, peri-care, oral care, dressing, helping with their laundry, giving medication.
Pros
paid milleage and 19.85 min/hr
Cons
casual and not enough hours to support my family
friendly staff
Personal Support Worker (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONSeptember 27, 2015
Very supportive Management and the most exciting part is they help you grow and enhance your skills through education.
Pros
travel is paid for
Cons
not enough client sometimes
Client service coordinator ( Nursing)
nursing coordinator (Former Employee) –  GTASeptember 2, 2015
I was hired as a nursing coordinator. They have the worst training program in the planet. unwelcoming environment. Most of the nursing coordinators are rude, non compassionate, gossipy etc. I never imagine that the healthcare provider could be this much rude in their services. They don't care about the clients, even the employees. When they hire they look for compassionate person but then they wanted them to be rude both in office and also with the clients/nurse. I was literally shocked to discover that this kind of organization could exist in CA. I would never recommend anybody to work for this organization even you are desperate. They will give you lot of pain
Pros
Former nursing coordinatory
Cons
rude manager and unwelcoming env
good place to work
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Bayshore Home Health WindsorAugust 24, 2015
I had the opportunity to work doing personal home-care out in the community and also in a palliative care setting for several years. I learned enormous amount of medical information. The position was very rewarding on a personal level.
Most of my co-workers were excellent. Always a few bad seeds in any basket of apples but you learn to deal with it. Unfortunately management was not very supportive. Although it was stated about an open door policy, that was certainly not experienced.
Hardest part was leaving my patients at the end of the day.
Pros
personally rewarding
Cons
long hours/non-supportive management
I
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ONAugust 13, 2015
I'm going to say the hardest part of the job would be saying good-bye, wether it be they have passed on or just not needing our services.. The most enjoyable is starting my day out with a smile and receiving one back, makes me feel as tho I'm in the profession. i work with a great group of women who are always there to pitch in and work as a team when others are off. i love my job with working with elderly and altho some clients are not elderly it still feels great to b able to help in any way i can
Pros
elect to work
rude and disrespectful
home care aide (Current Employee) –  bcJune 21, 2015
Most rude and disrespectful company. Except you to pick large clients on your own and do not allow help. Working there for 10 plus years got numerous compliments and awards for customer service through Bayshore and they only offer 1-2 hrs a day now or ask you to take a pay cut they hire all the time but don't help out long tenured employees with shifts
Pros
Cons
everything
Home Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 21, 2015
I was working here for some time and really enjoyed the family settings this space provided me with. It was a great experience.
Terrible
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 19, 2015
A typical day at work - 500 calls from office begging you to take more clients. Higher ups tell you to learn to say no once in a while but the CSC's never take NO as an answer.
Management - was awful. You have to go through 5 different people to leave a voicemail to get an answer MAYBE 2 weeks later. (If at all.)
Co-workers - I met maybe 2 other HCA's... we had the same view on this place...
Hardest part of the job - The office doesn't give 2 craps about clients, I DO. You can call with a concern and it gets swept under the rug. The turnover rate is ridiculous, my CSC would tell me every other day that they hired like 10 new people and then the next day - 'Oh, two people quit on me today'. Obviously something is wrong if people quit right away. The ONLY reason I stayed for as long as I did, is that I was terrified of the care my clients (who I had come to care for, obviously) would receive if I was no longer their caregiver.
The OFFICE staff will generally say they love their jobs and management is great, but they ALL treat FIELD STAFF LIKE DIRT.

Bayshore will hire anyone and work you into the ground, and give ZERO recognition. If you are passionate about what you do... DO NOT WORK HERE
Cons
EVERYTHING
staff in the office are nice and professional except the one named Taylor
field staff (Former Employee) –  edmonton albertaMay 29, 2015
Very unprofessional
when talking to the field staff, she will degrade you as if your dying to get the job and there's no other job to apply for. when you complain about a rude family or client she will conclude right away that it is the field staff's fault. and will ask you if how long you have been in the company (trying to find out if you are just new) You cannot complain about your area, you cannot change your availability. for her you are just an employee and means nothing to the company. These lady sucks! she should not be working in the company as the office staff, she will put the company down. Poor lady i think she is not very happy in her life as it shows in her attitude.
Cons
bad attitude office staff
Client are super but the job is a time crunch
Home Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCApril 17, 2015
This company demands a lot from its employees in a short period of time. Time on the road is not compensated for. Gas mileage is no reimbursed. A small flat fee is the only compensation given between calls.
Pros
Ability to choose jobs to some extent
Cons
Heavy workload, fairly great distances to travel between calls with little compensation, Only paid for time in the hme
Bayshore
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  londonMarch 27, 2015
Working for bayshore was casual and not a lot of work as I found most pt want a female nurse most of my work was sitting with pt on the night shift.
Pros
clean work
Cons
non
great inservices
Registered Nurse Home Visiting (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMarch 25, 2015
Bayshore really cares about staff and clients. Bayshore never turns away a client.
Computer charting is still needing kinks to be worked out.
Worker safety is important, and company promotes their nurses to work safely.
Pros
Bayshore nurse really do care about their clients
Cons
you have to do midnight on-call as full time or part time, or get demoted to casual.
Love the health field
Client Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ONMarch 24, 2015
Able to help and interact with the clients.
Meeting new people. From co-workers, to field staff to clients and their families.
Fast paced environment.
Learned medical terminology.
Pros
Free lunches once a month
Cons
Traveling
level of operation
Community Nurse (Current Employee) –  York RegionMarch 17, 2015
I would expect that when there are nurse working autonomously, that the training would be a a high level. Also I would like to see continuity with the client care.
Pros
good pay
Cons
poor communication
supportive environment
Visiting Community Nurse (Current Employee) –  Richmondhill, onMarch 3, 2015
Great place to work, The pay is not too good but sometimes when you work with such great stuff you can over look the pay. Been with this company for over 10years
Pros
supportive environment
Cons
A great experience to have
Percepted clinical placement (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONFebruary 18, 2015
Enjoyable job atmosphere. My days were filled with clients to see and to help. A slower paced environment compared to long term care, but still enjoyed it.
productive and creative
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 6, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is by taking care,rendering personal care to my clients as well as making jokes and fun to make your day enjoyable and make your patient laugh loud.
It was a job that made you feel that a differance was being made for the elderly
Client Service Co ordinator (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NBJanuary 13, 2015
I enjoyed making a difference in the clients home with the care that was provided. I enjoyed communicating with the clients and their families.
I enjoyed staffing the field staff and being able to help out where needed with them.
The hardest part of the job was not being able to keep everybody happy even though you tried everything possible.
Pros
making a differance in the clients lives
Cons
the new area director did not know the roles of staff in the office

2.9