Bayshore Home Health Employee Reviews

Good Job
Student Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Canada1 June 2016
Great rewarding job. It takes a lot of patience and practice but once your in the swing of things this job can change your life.
Pros
the salary
Cons
sometimes there is no garante of hours
various nursing skills and knowledge acquired during working at this company
RN (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON1 June 2016
This job provided me an excellent opportunity to learn wound care and iv skills.
I have also learn team work and collaboration for better client centered care.
no work
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS26 May 2016
Meeting new people. Love working with others. Just not enough hours. Hardest part was adjusting to new floors. Most enjoyable was seeing how others were happy to work with me.
Flexible hours
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Havelock-Belmont-Methuen, ON28 March 2016
Great clients and lots of hours available. Friendly management. Lots of travel involved however and compensation is low. Great job for new graduates.
flexible hours
Home Care Aide/ Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC17 March 2016
BayShore Home Health is a professional company that gave me the privilege to interact with different clients and cater to their physical and health needs. The management made sure that all aspects of the job are acceptable to ensure the safety of both the clients and the workers.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not enough hours for me
The best place to work at!
Evening Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 March 2016
Management and staff are very nice. Working in the Admin. is the best work I had so far. I know there is a room for advancement with the company. I love working with my Manager who I keep learning from each day I work.
Professional and ethical place to work
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB15 March 2016
Since I have started with Bayshore, I have felt supported by Bayshore on every level. I have appreciated the acknowledgement for a job well done.
Pros
Supportive team
Cons
Working alone
productive
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON2 March 2016
A typical day at work is exhausted, happy. I learned a lot for all the clients that I have they have different behavior and mood swing. They are all friendly and approachable. Dealing with dementia residents and the residents that can't find the happy place for them to live. Most of the resident in he facility said this is not my home. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I help people who are inneed of my help.
great spirited
Personal supportworker (Former Employee) –  London, ON26 February 2016
loved working here they make the staff feel like family and always make extra training available.
the staff and management went out of their way to ensure the resident and staff are all satisfied. this company truly cares about their residence quality of living as independent as possible. I feel that they do more things for the residence that most home care agencies do and that's why I loved working for them,
Scheduling seems quite unrealistic
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON20 January 2016
Scheduling is unrealistic at the amount of time needed for travel.. Expected to get from Wellesley to Maryhill in 15 minutes, between a six hour shift leaving no time for even a quick lunch.
I waited at a home for 45 minutes and no one ever came to door, I had notified supervisor 10 minutes in and she had asked me to wait, only to tell me I would not be paid for the hour after waiting there for 45 minutes.
Pros
Poor Wages, unorganized and scheduling is not realistic
Very Poor Management
Client Service Coordinator-Nursing (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 January 2016
The coworkers is the best part of the working environment, but the management really sucks. New employees were not given proper training. Some supervisors are very moody and rude. Ongoing bullying is being tolerated by the management. They don't give quality patient care.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Poor training, bullying
home care
Home Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 January 2016
love working with them, but they dont give me many hours, and they dont pay their workers a travel rate to go from client to client,
Pros
get to work anywhere you like in the lower mainland
Cons
dont get paid to travel from client to client
Great for starting out as Health Care Aide
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 December 2015
Promised a full time job - as soon as hired, the job was unavailable.
Not as stable as I needed.
Other health care aide's were amazing; always there to offer help
Always had someone to call for direct help or questions
The team was awesome
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 December 2015
The only part I enjoyed working at this company were the co-workers, we all helped each other out like a team, the only negative was the supervisor of the call centre department. She'd review the team and nip pick on everyone for the littlest things, but no one would review her performance.
Pros
people that work here are amazing
Cons
supervisor in the call centre department was unorganized, unstable, and overwhelmed new employees during the 1st day training
WORST CARE PROVIDER EVER
client (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 December 2015
I do not work here but we have Bayshore as a care provider for a family member via our Health services. Let me tell you this... All the 20 PSW's we get have absolutely nothing positive to say about this company. I listen to them almost everyday complaining about the horrendous company culture. It makes me sick that a company treats their employees so bad. I won't go into major detail but I'll just tell you that the main issue starts at the top with upper management and trickles down.

The main culprit is horrible management and senior administrators who rule the office with an iron fist. These people have been working here way too long and NEED to go. They contribute to the low morale and negativity. Be nice to them or they will adjust your hours or shifts as they please. If the company can acknowledge the issues and get rid of the upper 'club' I'm sure Bayshore would be a much more enjoyable place to work.

All issues / concerns brought up to management are usually disregarded. Even as a client, certain records are not logged!! As if nothing happened and they have no knowledge of it!!

Bayshore has an extremely high turn over rate. PSW's come and go every month!! Right here this says a lot about Bayshore.
Pros
Cons
Bad managment
Great Place to Work
Community Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON30 November 2015
Bayshore Home Health is a great place to work! Kind, hard working, thoughtful and caring staff are employed at Bayshore Home Health.
Bayshore Home Health
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 November 2015
It was the first job that allowed me to use my HCA skills and I was able to do a variety of jobs that are possible in that field. I did private home care which included light house keeping and cooking. Companionship was a huge part of the job. I also did medical escorts and went into long term care facilities to do companionship clients. I worked with the elderly by helping them do day to day activities and other clients had acquired brain injuries. The variety of clients I saw really gave me a lot of experience in the spectrum of HCA field
Pros
The variety of clients with various needs, so was able to use all the skills I learned in school in real world applications.
Cons
I was given the most difficult cases, they knew I would be able to handle them, that in turn burned me out.
fun and fulfilling
Health Care Worker/CHW (Current Employee) –  Burnaby BC16 October 2015
I enjoy working with my clients, I talk to them and laugh with them assisting them with their daily needs. I drove to their home and assist with bathing, feeding, toileting, peri-care, oral care, dressing, helping with their laundry, giving medication.
Pros
paid milleage and 19.85 min/hr
Cons
casual and not enough hours to support my family
friendly staff
Personal Support Worker (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 September 2015
Very supportive Management and the most exciting part is they help you grow and enhance your skills through education.
Pros
travel is paid for
Cons
not enough client sometimes
Client service coordinator ( Nursing)
nursing coordinator (Former Employee) –  GTA2 September 2015
I was hired as a nursing coordinator. They have the worst training program in the planet. unwelcoming environment. Most of the nursing coordinators are rude, non compassionate, gossipy etc. I never imagine that the healthcare provider could be this much rude in their services. They don't care about the clients, even the employees. When they hire they look for compassionate person but then they wanted them to be rude both in office and also with the clients/nurse. I was literally shocked to discover that this kind of organization could exist in CA. I would never recommend anybody to work for this organization even you are desperate. They will give you lot of pain
Pros
Former nursing coordinatory
Cons
rude manager and unwelcoming env

2.8