Bayshore Home Health

Bayshore Home Health Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and Enjoyable workplace with caring people
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONApril 18, 2014
Pros: being able to achieve client needs and wants
Cons: not enough hours
Coordinator would call and ask if I wanted a new client and would sometimes give me the client information. Would go into a clients home. Do bathing,dressing,grooming, Light Housekeeping,Meal Prep. Management was very easy to get along with. Didn't see many co workers. Only time I saw co workers is when I worked in the retirement home. The hardest part of the job was getting used to being only one to reposition the client when they couldn't move themselves but eventually got used to doing it by myself. The most enjoyable part is being able to go into the seniors home and assist them with their needs.
Great getting to spend extra time with clients, non rushed.
Home Support Worker (Former Employee), Regina, SKOctober 23, 2012
Pros: flexibility and no penalty for refusing clients
Cons: no pay for mileage, new scheduling staff are inconsistent and make mistakes which leads to frustration, lack of of oversight (management is in saskatoon).
A great company to work for there are many perks to the job. As long as you are able to work a variety of hours ie, day, evening, night then there is lots of potential to make money. Good benefits package and co-workers are really nice and helpful. Going through a restructuring and it can be confusing at times as to who management is and the office staff are inconsistent, other than that i really enjoyed working for Bayshore and would recommend applying.
staff in the office are nice and professional except the one named Taylor
field staff (Former Employee), edmonton albertaMay 29, 2015
Cons: bad attitude office staff
Very unprofessional
when talking to the field staff, she will degrade you as if your dying to get the job and there's no other job to apply for. when you complain about a rude family or client she will conclude right away that it is the field staff's fault. and will ask you if how long you have been in the company (trying to find out if you are just new) You cannot complain about your area, you cannot change your availability. for her you are just an employee and means nothing to the company. These lady sucks! she should not be working in the company as the office staff, she will put the company down. Poor lady i think she is not very happy in her life as it shows in her attitude.
Adventurous productive job
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee), Kitchener OntarioJuly 8, 2013
In this kind of job you must have a long patience, compassion, ethics, creative, time management,caring and work as a team to co-workers. I learn how to deal with different people with health related problem of the client, encouragement and motivation. Manage your time with the allotted time in providing care & follow the care plan. Its hard if there's a new related health concern or accident happens to a client. I'm happy if my client is getting better or there's improvement & if they are happy and give a compliment to us providing their care. The travel allowance is not enough it should be computed based on the mileage.

July 10, 2013

Yes anyone who has worked as a community care aide knows it is an interesting and challenging career. You will soon find it is the company Bayshore home health itself that is the problem here.

Client service coordinator ( Nursing)
nursing coordinator (Former Employee), GTASeptember 2, 2015
Pros: Former nursing coordinatory
Cons: rude manager and unwelcoming env
I was hired as a nursing coordinator. They have the worst training program in the planet. unwelcoming environment. Most of the nursing coordinators are rude, non compassionate, gossipy etc. I never imagine that the healthcare provider could be this much rude in their services. They don't care about the clients, even the employees. When they hire they look for compassionate person but then they wanted them to be rude both in office and also with the clients/nurse. I was literally shocked to discover that this kind of organization could exist in CA. I would never recommend anybody to work for this organization even you are desperate. They will give you lot of pain
Flexible place to work
Heath Care Attendant (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONAugust 29, 2013
Pros: flexible, good pay
Cons: not knowing what i am walking into, no regular hours, night shifts
A typical night at work would be to just make sure the client is safe, help with transfers and toileting. The enjoyable part of this job is that I get to help people in need. I have learnt a new respect for the elderly doing this job.
Although I do enjoy my job and the pay, I would really like a change in life and would like to learn and do something new.
I do not enjoy working nights anymore and would love to work full time days doing something more physical, new and different.
I also do not like the fact of not knowing where I am going every time I get a new client and don't always have regular hours.
good place to work
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee), Bayshore Home Health WindsorAugust 24, 2015
Pros: personally rewarding
Cons: long hours/non-supportive management
I had the opportunity to work doing personal home-care out in the community and also in a palliative care setting for several years. I learned enormous amount of medical information. The position was very rewarding on a personal level.
Most of my co-workers were excellent. Always a few bad seeds in any basket of apples but you learn to deal with it. Unfortunately management was not very supportive. Although it was stated about an open door policy, that was certainly not experienced.
Hardest part was leaving my patients at the end of the day.
I
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee), Sarnia, ONAugust 13, 2015
Pros: elect to work
Cons: long hours
I'm going to say the hardest part of the job would be saying good-bye, wether it be they have passed on or just not needing our services.. The most enjoyable is starting my day out with a smile and receiving one back, makes me feel as tho I'm in the profession. i work with a great group of women who are always there to pitch in and work as a team when others are off. i love my job with working with elderly and altho some clients are not elderly it still feels great to b able to help in any way i can
always a new day to experience great clients in the community
Registered practical nurse (Current Employee), Belleville, ONMarch 13, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: traveling
I ve learned to be a quick thinker and have utilized my assessment skills on an ongoing basis. Time management is key. hardest part of the job is not getting to attatched to my clients. I work in homecare and for consistency I have a few long term clients that I work with daily, completing all care and travelling within the community and school while providing personal care. the most enjoyable part of the job is being able to provide care and knowing that you are making a difference whether it be big or small in someones life.
Registered Practical Nurse - Management is unfair, only cares about their own money, nurses are disrespected, poor work conditions, etc.
Registered practical nurse (Current Employee), MississaugaJune 11, 2013
Pros: staff are friendly and helpful
Cons: managers are monsters
Managers have their friendly nurses who they give personal benefits for. Even if a nurse works for 10 years in the community, they do not increase the transportation allowance to cover for the high gas prices and other costs. There is no pension plan. If a nurse is working in a clinic, they don't pay over time hours. If a nurse is working in community, they give 4 hours of work, spread throughout the day so that your time is wasted. Very poor management. Coordinators do not know how to do their jobs.

June 15, 2013

They are equally disrespectful to all the field staff! They try to rule you by intimidating you! You are in trouble for even asking a question if it means work for them! They are real bullies! You can not get straight answers out of the office staff because they know you will quit instantly if you hear how few hours you will likely be getting as a new hire, - spread out over the new 8 hour window that they have kindly narrowed it down to. The new hiring ads aren't identifying who they are any more because they know that Burnaby Bayshore is terrible to the staff and people who work there are talking! Yes! They will tell you to not talk about your hours to other care aides! They will Tell you you must do this and you must do that! No you don't! The stress you will experience under this employer will eat you alive! If you have a brain in your head go to places where they treat you with respect! Go any where but the Burnaby Bayshore offices for a job, because if you go to Burnaby Bayshore you will be treated as if they own you! They treat you as if you owe them and you won't be paid fairly by any stretch of Canadian aspects. Who else demands the employee that you must give their employer 8 hours of their day and then not told how many hours they can expect regularly or consistently , and if you dare to question or ask as to why you will be punished, try it and you will see...you will be lucky if you get half of your time paid for!( that's if they like you) Rate you employer, go to that site and read what many who have gone before you have experienced first hand! Burnaby Bayshore – more... is being run by a bunch of bullies. Work there and expect to see it for yourself! If you don't stand up to it expect it to continue! – less

It was a good place to work
Front Line Office Staff (Former Employee), GTAApril 3, 2013
Pros: benefits were good
Cons: management does not treat workers with respect
Things have really changed at Bayshore over the last couple of years.....not even close to what it used to be.

Too many management changes & they never seem to find a good "fit". The front line staff pay for this (job loss, never know what's going on)

Micromanaging employees that are skilled. On one occasion management requested office staff go and clean a clients home just to cover a shift.

If caregivers are not like they do not get booked.
It's great being able to go from different clients thoughout the week
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee), Oakville, ONAugust 24, 2012
Pros: the clients
Cons: not enough hours
There is no typical day everyday is different, that is why I do this job! I have learned to report everything whether it seems silly or not. The management team is great. they are extremely supportive when staff are having a bad day. Everyone that works there communicates well and we never get too personal. The hardest part of my job, just like in life is saying goodbye when you're not prepared. The best pat is seeing my clients smiling, or even laughing!
Shift nurse with end of life care clients
Shift Nurse (Current Employee), Barrie, and Utopia OntarioMay 1, 2013
Pros: independence, because i need to depend on myself, because i work alone.
Cons: i love my job, unfortunately i live in brampton, but work in barrie.
I work night shifts as a Palliative Care shift nurse.Management at Bayshore is excellent, they are easy to get in touch with when they are needed. I work alone with the clients, my co-workers and i see each other at meeting and in-services only. The hardest part of my job is working alone, depending on the type of client i do get lonely at times. I love my job; its very rewarding, i am able to provide comfort to my clients and their families.
Enjoyble workplace with caring management and friendly co-workers
Resident Care Worker/Observational Care Provider (Current Employee), london, ONDecember 15, 2014
Typical day at work is giving uninterrupted observational care to residents for their safety. Learned how to interact with physically and/or mentally sick people and keep them comfortably while their stay in hospital beds. I had an opportunity to work with hospital and company staff as well. The hardest part of the job is to interact with acute confused and mentally sick patients continuously through out the shift. The most enjoyable part of the job is giving a companionship to patients, which makes them happy and comfortable.
The clients are great and we get to have fun too!
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee), OakvilleAugust 24, 2012
Pros: clients
Cons: not enough hours
There are no typical days, everyday is different. I have learned to make sure I report evrything even if it seems so small. The team is awesome they support you whenever you're having a bad day. The hardest part of this job just like in life is saying goodbye to clients that pass before we now it. I love being a PSW and the most enjoyment I get out of it is seeing my clients laughing.
Run as fast as you can
nurse (Former Employee), TorontoMarch 31, 2014
Pros: none at all!
Cons: long after hours your not paid for, dealing with third party company for patient info in call centre. incompetent hr department
Worst company to work for. Unprofessional, uncaring, small minded group of people. The day I walked out of this company.. I got my life back. Not sure how they made fortune 50 designation...this company will not help you grow but keep at one level to make you a slave! No encouragement at all!
More productive and knowledgable
RPN (Current Employee), Kitchener ONNovember 7, 2013
I started my nursing currier at bayshore home health as a Registered Practical Nurse where i learned so many things. firstly, time management and organisational skills, leadership skills etc. all the management staff and co-workers are so polite and very helpful.Since the work environment is great it is very easy to tackle difficult situations at the work. the most enjoyable part of the job is you get see see all veriety of clients in the community and lots of opportunities to learn new things and to gain more knowledge.
Meeting new people everyday
PSW (Current Employee), KITCHENERMarch 18, 2013
Pros: flexible hours..
Cons: not enough scheduled hours to live on
As a Person Support worker: home support, a typical day would be visiting diffrent clients in their home, some are very nice people but some not so nice. Management needs to improve more on the schedulling and communication. Some of the coordinators are just there they do not really know what they are doing, they call you one million times a day never give you enough hours to live on; maybe 1 hour a day it is really frustrating...and the pay is very low.
The team was awesome
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 11, 2015
Pros: people that work here are amazing
Cons: supervisor in the call centre department was unorganized, unstable, and overwhelmed new employees during the 1st day training
The only part I enjoyed working at this company were the co-workers, we all helped each other out like a team, the only negative was the supervisor of the call centre department. She'd review the team and nip pick on everyone for the littlest things, but no one would review her performance.
inconsistent work, very demanding, very short notice
Health Care Aide (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 3, 2013
Cons: long hours, short notice cancellation, no benefits very poor pay
This is a company that promises a lot and doesn't deliver. There were no benefits, and no raises the entire 18 months I worked for them. I started working 55 hours a week but when I had a complaint about how I was treated, was cut dramatically. They won't tell you about any complaints from clients, and just really don't seem to care.