Bayshore Home Health

Bayshore Home Health Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great company that encourages growth with flexibility
OTA-PTA (Current Employee), Greater Toronto AreaNovember 21, 2014
Pros: encourages independence, knowledge, and skills
Cons: needs dedication, perseverance, and adaptability
working with Bayshore encourages me to grow by providing me with competitive wages, having empowering team, and flexibility.
Excellent Employer
Home Care Worker (Current Employee), Smiths Falls, ONNovember 21, 2014
Pros: rewarding industry
Cons: lack of hours
Bayshore is an incredible place to work, as is the home care industry. Due to recent government criteria for services, however, the hours available have become less and less and less.

Perfect for someone looking for more part time and a strong work.life balance. Power to create own schedule.
i give bayshore 100%
care aid (Current Employee), Langley, BCNovember 17, 2014
Pros: they always aprreciate whenever you go an extra time .
Cons: no cons
bay shore is a very wonderful company. they have helped me grow in all ramifications in my job as a care aid. and they always encourage you to be at your best. there is always a reminder to always check the care plan. they are always with you as you go.
Helped to get some experience and go forward.
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONNovember 10, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: driving a lot
Overall, nice company to start with but I won't work for a long time because of the pay scale and driving a lot and pay yourself for the gas and time you drove.
OCP
Observational Care Provider (Former Employee), London, ONNovember 1, 2014
I like this job, it was hard to get the hang of it when you get. Some of the patients may be hard to deal with but if you want to get into the nursing field this is a good way to take a look at what it offers.
great co workers
Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Windsor, ONOctober 20, 2014
Pros: i got to work on a wonderful team of csc's
Cons: no room for advancement, not using the full spectrum of my education
My peers at this job made my time there very enjoyable, however I would like to move on to a company that can offer more advancement than Bayshore is able to at this time.
literally will demean you
nurse (Former Employee), British ColumbiaOctober 15, 2014
Pros: always looking
Cons: always looking because no one wants to work here
Very little training for important nursing procedures. Management is not professional nor experienced. They deal with very few nurses, and don't know much about how nurses learn or deal with things in the real world. You are hired for the company's profit. So,, they give you as little training as possible, and expect you to go above and beyond working – more... like crazy with several complex job descriptions. If you make the slightest mistake or a wrong comment( yes,... this company will even write a report up on you, if you even say the wrong thing) you will get written up, and treated like you are the dumbest creature on earth. The managers do not have advanced certificates like ACLS yet, will criticize the nurses if they don't have it. You have to spend 40 dollars on gas, and 2 hours on the road, and you only get paid for one hour. Just one hour. And they tell you that that is fair. They are always looking and hiring not because it is a great company but because there is so much turn over. They always have tons of positions open , because they treat nurses badly, and people are always quitting. This is a business. They expect you to be the best nurse in the world with no training , yet they treat you like you have an IQ of 10. The managers are very demeaning, and will literally tell you they are demeaning you. They treat all NON nursing staff , like telephone service people, very well with food, gifts, cattering, parties, goodies and cakes. But for nurses, absolutely nothing. In fact, they hate the nurses so much they will even keep nurses out of parties because they don't want the nurses to enjoy the goodies. They will also lie to you, and also the office staff WILL talk behind your back. They gossip about nurses in the evening after work, and the next day you wonder why the telephone staff is looking at you like you have a problem. And for all the work that you put into the company , they will never give the nurses any benefits. No nothing. The managers talk about no bullying, but the managers are the ones that do the bullying, so who are you supposed to report the bullying to. Managers will and will demean you for you to turn up at someones house that is 6 hours away, and you will only get paid for one hour. This is bayshore. This is how they make a profit. They pay the nurse little but get paid a lot by the client. So they take the profit. All the money goes to the directors for their very expensive parties where nurses are treated like dirt so they leave early in the party. The cattering is first class. They could have used that money on even slight benefits for the nurses that work so hard, driving the cold and dark , trying to reach some client. – less
Good clients, poor management.
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee), FrederictonOctober 5, 2014
Loved the clients I had, but management cut corners and were not supportive of their staff.
Enjoy working as a PSW
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONSeptember 25, 2014
A typical day at work is very interesting because you are working in your preferred environment and clientele, you are able to learn a lot of new things in the community as a result of different situations you come across. Co workers are very helpful to each other given feedback.
Terribly unorganized, illegal practices, incompetent management
HCA (Current Employee), Kelowna, BCSeptember 19, 2014
1) You constantly have to tell management how to do their job
2) Paying an LPN more than an RN who are working with the same client
3) Having to call them daily to fix your schedule because they are constantly making mistakes even if you send them your availability
4) Favouritism - if you bend over and take it from them, you get anything you want. If – more... you stand up for yourself, they are hardasses and will give you less shifts, etc.
5) Their "guarantee" of always having a caregiver for the client when they need them is a load of BS. One of my clients went 5 days without a caregiver, because Bayshore was unable to provide one. AND then they sent out an RN of their own and she dropped the client from an overhead lift.
6) Promising RN hours but only giving HCA hours
7) EXTREMELY unprofessional
8) Only thing I like about working with this company is the client.
9) Clients I have spoken to are also fed up with Bayshore because they talk behind the clients' back about them, they keep them in the dark about scheduling, they dont listen to their needs, they just basically do whatever the heck they want and what will get them the most profit. – less
Highly under compensated for required duties.
Team Leader/Observational Care Provider (Current Employee), London, ONSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: mid-nights only, lumpy work schedule, insufficient renumeration
•Manage a team of 5-25 OCPs (Observational Care Provider); scheduling 15-30 minute breaks while effectively maintaining seamless and uninterrupted patient care
•Act as First Point of Communication between the Company and the OCPs
•Facilitate communication with the LHSC and UH coordinators, nurses, unit clerks, and supervisors
•Assist the team with proper – more... paperwork when necessary for daily scheduling and incident reports
•Ensure patients are appropriately covered with an OCP per doctor's request
•Provide temporary patient coverage in emergency situations at the hospital(s) until a staff member can be dispatched by head office and assigned to the patient's room
•In a patients’ room: continually monitor the patient, who has been assessed by the doctor to be potential danger to themselves or others
•Respond to the patients safety needs or behaviour changes as soon as possible by consulting with the assigned nurse
•Provide friendly interaction and positive communication with the patient to build trust and rapport – less
Very busy
Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONAugust 28, 2014
Very busy work environment. Phones are very busy and stressful.
Bad and sneaky management
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Mississauga,OntarioAugust 25, 2014
At the beginning I enjoyed working for this company. The longer I was there, the more unpleasant it became.
Management plays favouritism and punishes you by not giving work if you do something they don't like.
They employ a lot of incompetent not caring individuals.
They love you to your face and belittle you behind your back.
As long as you do what – more... they want, you are safe. – less
Promote Bayshore's serious injury progam to the community as well as Case Managed and problemed solved difficult situations.
Manager, Business Development National Care Team (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 19, 2014
Pros: wonderful team enviroment
Cons: recognition for revenue created through postive case management
Bayshore Home Health was a great place to work. My director was supportive and pleasant to work with and provided a positive team environment.

My role was that of a case manager for major funding sources for families. Through networking, educational presentations and conference planning ~ my role was to promote Bayshore's service across Canada.
face-paced office, always busy, good management structure
Client Services Coordinator (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 29, 2014
Pros: team environment
Cons: emotionally exhausting
Answering upwards of 100+ phone calls per day from nurses, clients, case managers, client family members; coordinate staff and client visit schedule; reschedule clients when staff are sick; maintain detailed reports on all phone calls; field messages to appropriate administrators; work on-call as general phone message taker after hours; design and manage – more... complex scheduling techniques.

Management was excellent and well-structured. The team of people working there were very dedicated and supportive.

Hardest part of the job was fielding phone calls from clients and family of a personal and distressing nature. My job often required that I phone 911 for emergency situations.

Management was tremendous and the work environment was positive. I was able to work unsupervised for the most part. – less
Compassionate
Community Care Worker/Nurses Aid (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 15, 2014
Pros: mandatory continued education
Cons: not paid enough for the job
The staff at Bayshore are the most understanding and loyal to their staff. They are accommodating to their clients with respect for their dignity with professionalism and consistency of care.
Fast Paced, Educational Experience
Medical Receptionist/ Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJune 11, 2014
Pros: professional
Cons: no job security
I worked in a small office, where the 2 members of office staff had to take on the role of many different positions and departments.
I learned a lot about the medical field, as well as office and email etiquette.
The hardest part of this job was the constant restructuring, and no job security.
quit
Care Aide (Former Employee), White Rock, BCJune 4, 2014
I had how to deal with dementia patients,
My co-workers were very cooperative.
They do not stand behind the staff and too many lies.
Registered Practical Nurse (Shift) (Former Employee), Barrie, ONApril 16, 2014
Pros: can choose where &when to work, visiting nurses helpful, can travel as much or as little as you want.
Cons: manager does not back up staff, manipulates families, lying, mtgs geared to visiting nurses not shift, shift not given car kits, no paid mileage
loved my job with Bayshore for 10 yrs, then years11+ were lies, intro to computers which don't work, then threats by managers, no information or mis information. Work went to PSWs, then shift nursing work became almost non-existant. Most of the office staff are terrific and helpful and maybe some managers can't stand the stress, shouldn't be managers! – more... There are TOO MANY managers. I left there thinking computers were lost to me...until my next job and then with a decent programme installed all flowed well and my confidence returned. Co-workers for the most part are good but don't get to see them except at meeting or if we have a wrap around client.
Usually clients have only one shift per day. – less
Employees are just as amazing as myself and you!
PSW (Current Employee), Brockville, ONApril 4, 2014
Employees are just as amazing as myself and you!
There is always room to learn when classes are offered!

1 2 3 4 5

About Bayshore Home Health

Bayshore Home Health has been enhancing the quality of life, well-being, dignity and independence of Canadians since 1966. Canadian – Read more

Bayshore Home Health Photos