Bayshore Home Health

Bayshore Home Health Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits

good place to work
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee), Bayshore Home Health WindsorAugust 24, 2015
Pros: personally rewarding
Cons: long hours/non-supportive management
I had the opportunity to work doing personal home-care out in the community and also in a palliative care setting for several years. I learned enormous amount of medical information. The position was very rewarding on a personal level.
Most of my co-workers were excellent. Always a few bad seeds in any basket of apples but you learn to deal with it. Unfortunately management was not very supportive. Although it was stated about an open door policy, that was certainly not experienced.
Hardest part was leaving my patients at the end of the day.
I
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee), Sarnia, ONAugust 13, 2015
Pros: elect to work
Cons: long hours
I'm going to say the hardest part of the job would be saying good-bye, wether it be they have passed on or just not needing our services.. The most enjoyable is starting my day out with a smile and receiving one back, makes me feel as tho I'm in the profession. i work with a great group of women who are always there to pitch in and work as a team when others are off. i love my job with working with elderly and altho some clients are not elderly it still feels great to b able to help in any way i can
rude and disrespectful
home care aide (Current Employee), bcJune 21, 2015
Pros: Nothing
Cons: everything
Most rude and disrespectful company. Except you to pick large clients on your own and do not allow help. Working there for 10 plus years got numerous compliments and awards for customer service through Bayshore and they only offer 1-2 hrs a day now or ask you to take a pay cut they hire all the time but don't help out long tenured employees with shifts
Home Health Care Aide (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 21, 2015
I was working here for some time and really enjoyed the family settings this space provided me with. It was a great experience.
Terrible
Health Care Aide (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 19, 2015
Cons: EVERYTHING
A typical day at work - 500 calls from office begging you to take more clients. Higher ups tell you to learn to say no once in a while but the CSC's never take NO as an answer.
Management - was awful. You have to go through 5 different people to leave a voicemail to get an answer MAYBE 2 weeks later. (If at all.)
Co-workers - I met maybe 2 other HCA's... we had the same view on this place...
Hardest part of the job - The office doesn't give 2 craps about clients, I DO. You can call with a concern and it gets swept under the rug. The turnover rate is ridiculous, my CSC would tell me every – more... other day that they hired like 10 new people and then the next day - 'Oh, two people quit on me today'. Obviously something is wrong if people quit right away. The ONLY reason I stayed for as long as I did, is that I was terrified of the care my clients (who I had come to care for, obviously) would receive if I was no longer their caregiver.
The OFFICE staff will generally say they love their jobs and management is great, but they ALL treat FIELD STAFF LIKE DIRT.

Bayshore will hire anyone and work you into the ground, and give ZERO recognition. If you are passionate about what you do... DO NOT WORK HERE – less
staff in the office are nice and professional except the one named Taylor
field staff (Former Employee), edmonton albertaMay 29, 2015
Cons: bad attitude office staff
Very unprofessional
when talking to the field staff, she will degrade you as if your dying to get the job and there's no other job to apply for. when you complain about a rude family or client she will conclude right away that it is the field staff's fault. and will ask you if how long you have been in the company (trying to find out if you are just new) You cannot complain about your area, you cannot change your availability. for her you are just an employee and means nothing to the company. These lady sucks! she should not be working in the company as the office staff, she will put the company down. Poor lady i think she is not very happy in her life as it shows in her attitude.
Client are super but the job is a time crunch
Home Support Worker (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCApril 17, 2015
Pros: Ability to choose jobs to some extent
Cons: Heavy workload, fairly great distances to travel between calls with little compensation, Only paid for time in the hme
This company demands a lot from its employees in a short period of time. Time on the road is not compensated for. Gas mileage is no reimbursed. A small flat fee is the only compensation given between calls.
Bayshore
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee), londonMarch 27, 2015
Pros: clean work
Cons: non
Working for bayshore was casual and not a lot of work as I found most pt want a female nurse most of my work was sitting with pt on the night shift.
great inservices
Registered Nurse Home Visiting (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Bayshore nurse really do care about their clients
Cons: you have to do midnight on-call as full time or part time, or get demoted to casual.
Bayshore really cares about staff and clients. Bayshore never turns away a client.
Computer charting is still needing kinks to be worked out.
Worker safety is important, and company promotes their nurses to work safely.
Love the health field
Client Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Sudbury, ONMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Free lunches once a month
Cons: Traveling
Able to help and interact with the clients.
Meeting new people. From co-workers, to field staff to clients and their families.
Fast paced environment.
Learned medical terminology.
level of operation
Community Nurse (Current Employee), York RegionMarch 17, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: poor communication
I would expect that when there are nurse working autonomously, that the training would be a a high level. Also I would like to see continuity with the client care.
supportive environment
Visiting Community Nurse (Current Employee), Richmondhill, onMarch 3, 2015
Pros: supportive environment
Cons: long hours
Great place to work, The pay is not too good but sometimes when you work with such great stuff you can over look the pay. Been with this company for over 10years
A great experience to have
Percepted clinical placement (Former Employee), Barrie, ONFebruary 18, 2015
Enjoyable job atmosphere. My days were filled with clients to see and to help. A slower paced environment compared to long term care, but still enjoyed it.
productive and creative
Health Care Aide (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 6, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is by taking care,rendering personal care to my clients as well as making jokes and fun to make your day enjoyable and make your patient laugh loud.
It was a job that made you feel that a differance was being made for the elderly
Client Service Co ordinator (Former Employee), Fredericton, NBJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: making a differance in the clients lives
Cons: the new area director did not know the roles of staff in the office
I enjoyed making a difference in the clients home with the care that was provided. I enjoyed communicating with the clients and their families.
I enjoyed staffing the field staff and being able to help out where needed with them.
The hardest part of the job was not being able to keep everybody happy even though you tried everything possible.
RPN
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONDecember 22, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
Do not work for this company no matter how desparate you think you are, they will destroy your career, they are nothing more than a lying back stabbing, manipulating organization that pays garbage wages for nurses that have extensive skills, they cooridinators are retards. management is a joke, if you value your career, never , ever work for this company in any capacity whatsoever
Enjoyble workplace with caring management and friendly co-workers
Resident Care Worker/Observational Care Provider (Current Employee), london, ONDecember 15, 2014
Typical day at work is giving uninterrupted observational care to residents for their safety. Learned how to interact with physically and/or mentally sick people and keep them comfortably while their stay in hospital beds. I had an opportunity to work with hospital and company staff as well. The hardest part of the job is to interact with acute confused and mentally sick patients continuously through out the shift. The most enjoyable part of the job is giving a companionship to patients, which makes them happy and comfortable.
Horrible company - they do not care about you
CHW II (Former Employee), Burnaby BCDecember 10, 2014
Pros: great clients
Cons: bad managment - awful hours -
Bayshore is an AWFUL company to be empoyed with - they are constantly hiring because there turn over rate is so high. They have way too many employees so it is impossible to get PROPER HOURS. I have been employed with them as a secondary job for 1.5 years - recently they took clients away from my shifts due to a new policy that I have to go through bayshore to get my training. (palletive care, dementia care ect) EVEN THOUGH MY CERTIFICATES ARE NOT EVEN 3 YEARS OLD - I was willing to take their coarses however they DO NOT OFFER THEM EVENING AND WEEKENDS. This has made it impossible for me as I work – more... my main job is Monday - Friday 8:30 - 5.

This is what my shifts looked like this week when I got fed up and finally quite
Monday I am available to work 6pm - 11pm they schedule me for a client from 6-7 then I don't have anyone until 9pm and my last client from 9-10. So I am basically working 6pm - 10pm and getting paid for only 2 hours. Since I am out there for 4 hours and it costs to much gas money to drive home and back again I am technically working for UNDER minnumum wage.

Tuesday night shift was a bit better as I had two client one from 7-8 and the other from 8-9 however one cancelled with more than 24hours notice so I was only scheduled for 1 hour. AGAIN it cost me more in gas and time driving to one clients house for an hour. By the time I pay my union dues and taxes I am basically getting paid minimum wage.

Thursday night I was scheduled for 3.5 hours and was going to be out for 5hours.

The only thing that kept me at Bayshore for over a year was the client. The people I worked for and was able to service were wonderful people.

My best and most sound advice would be - DO NOT WORK WITH BAYSHORE – less
Stay away from this company, unless you are desperate.
Nurse (Former Employee), BrockvilleDecember 10, 2014
Pros: clients
Cons: lack of appreciation to staff, staff are replaceable. overall, not a great place to work as a nurse.
The office environment is toxic. Favoratism runs rampant. Money is average for a home care company. No real future unless you play kiss up to the head honchos. Clients are the real "Positive". Poor leadership at this agency.
Great company that encourages growth with flexibility
OTA-PTA (Current Employee), Greater Toronto AreaNovember 21, 2014
Pros: encourages independence, knowledge, and skills
Cons: needs dedication, perseverance, and adaptability
working with Bayshore encourages me to grow by providing me with competitive wages, having empowering team, and flexibility.

1 2 3 4 5

About Bayshore Home Health

Bayshore Home Health has been enhancing the quality of life, well-being, dignity and independence of Canadians since 1966. Canadian – Read more

Bayshore Home Health Photos