Bayshore Home Health

Bayshore Home Health Employee Reviews

Worst Experience Ever
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Lake Country, BC11 January 2017
Rave about being a top employer in Canada, not sure how. I was completely taken advantage of. Poor management, no respect for employees, really could care less if you quit or not. Schedule changes all the time to accommodate new employees. Lack of communication, coordinators are terrible. Changing things last minute and blaming employee for not checking schedule.
If a client complains they say due to staff - changes had to be made. Well if the staff was happy, this problem wouldn't be an issue and they would stay.
I would never recommend this company, ever.
Not taking clients complaints seriously, seems to always be blame
Pros
The clients
Cons
Management.
Horrible place to work
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  White Rock, BC4 January 2017
The Management is always very rude, the hours are horrible, no benefits and the wage is low. They continue to hire new staff when there is no hours for the current workers. The company only allows workers to refuse work if their hours is under 1.5 hours. There has been times where a had to work an hour at 9am and come back to work a half an hour at 1pm and even after calling in they made no effort to try and get rid of the visits or to fill in the HUGE time gap.
Pros
Cons
No hours, lower
Meeting new people and assisting them with everyday needs
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON29 October 2016
checking your work schedule
assisting clients with daily activities either in a community setting or retirement setting
i learn something new everyday about new clients or regular clients
management isn't at the best at the moment it used to be better
my co workers are great very friendly and talkative also supportive
the hardest part of the job is when a client no longer needs support or moves into a facility where they can receive additional support that cannot be provided where they are
meeting and interacting with new people on a daily basis
Productive and fun Workplace
Personal Support Worker (PSW) (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON9 October 2016
I learned all about different sorts of culture and religions.
My Co-Workers were awesome and easy to work with when it came to working as a team.
The hardest part about my job was the transferring of clients from like wheelchair to bed or from the toilet to the wheelchair.
The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to provide the proper companionship to my clients and being able to make their day.
Pros
Breaks in between clients
Cons
Learned the ability to multitask.
Client Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC7 November 2016
Working at Bayshore Home Health as a Service Client Coordinator, I have demonstrated courteous telephone skills and professional written and oral communications skills. I possess extensive experience in providing clerical duties such as assisting nursing staffs, discharging duties, medical records, and patient admissions.
No hours for you
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 September 2016
What a horrible company it is! I have got hired for more than 9 months as a part time RPN; the recruiter confidently guaranteed this job could be a steady part time job with at least 16 hrs per week. Two weeks after signing the contract the Toronto office gave me a call, saying I would be a casual nurse and refusing to tell me the reason for the sudden decision. For this reason I have had absolutely no shifts to do since I got hired. The most ridiculous thing is that they still want you to give them a 40-hour/wk availability.

Don't even bother to apply for this sucky company; you won't get even a single shift anyway.
Pros
Cons
No Hours for You
Solid place to work, not much growing room
Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC17 November 2016
Bayshore is an absolutely fantastic stepping stone company if youre looking to get a job in the government health care system as a scheduler. Unfortunately, the company relies heavily on last-minute scheduling practices and this creates a huge deficit on their customer service ranks. As well, the care workers being scheduled are heavily relied on seniority, and certain areas in the lower mainland just don't call for the workers that the company is hiring; leaving them to pick up whatever scraps they can grab. If you're looking for a company to get you into the health-care industry, you've found the right place. However, do not look into staying here long term.
Pros
Solid management, lots of hours in the office, energetic environment, wonderful learning experience
Cons
Salary is stagnant, care-workers treated unfair, no growing room within the company
Good place to work if you don't want to be appreciated
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON24 August 2016
I worked a number of years for this company and the only thing I got was used. Skills and talents are taken advantage of, favours and going above and beyond mean nothing to them in the end. It's all about the bottom line and the money they can make. Co-workers were great, management a joke.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Management, lack of appreciation, lack of support and accountability, clear divide between employees and management
Rewarding and an awesome setting to practice new skills.
Community Health Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC14 August 2016
If you thrive working on your own and love independence then Home Support is the way to go. Gives you the atmosphere to learn how to assess clients, as well as the responsibility of being the front line in caregiving. These patients rely on you to be your top game and relay information to the nurses or emergency services to provide them with appropriate level of care. You have to be able to assess as professionally as a nurse and are given LPN like tasks at times after training. You also have to be able to document like an LPN and phone the RN when necessary.
Pros
Independance
Cons
time restraints when travelling between houses
Not enough work for full time work.
Hospital Ward Clerk (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS8 October 2016
When I did have a shift as a Ward Clerk, or a Patient Care
Attendant the work was often difficult, but gratifying.
However, the downfall with this particular employer, shifts were
often cancelled at the last minute. Could not make ends meat.
Pros
Cons
shifts being cancelled at the last minute/
Great company to work for.
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON15 December 2016
This is a great company to work for they will work with your schedual and family life. They have benifits for both part time and full time. This company treats you as one of the family.
Pros
Benifits for both full and part time workers
Cons
Sometimes spilt shifts
Great staff and clients, poor management.
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON1 August 2016
Busy, lots of hours, good benefits (even for part time), great co-workers and clients.
Management only cares about themselves, will bully to get their way...changes the policies/rules on "elect to work", expects staff to sit around and be available for work all the time with no compensation for being on call. No seniority in the company (new staff may be offered more hours and better positions to keep them happy). Management does not listen to requests of nurses. Time off requests are denied majority of time and/or given a hard time.
Pros
Lots of hours, good benefits
Cons
Poor management.
Learning experiences
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON5 January 2017
My work experiences have been great exercises in learning the skills and team work with other employees. Hours are flexible as is time off. Employees can pick up extra shifts if they wish.
Pros
exposure to wide variety of skills.
Cons
People working are overworked and underpaid.
Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 October 2016
Good group insurance benefits. Salary is not good. Position held was not the actual job description as responsibilities keeps piling up with no raise in wages and no incentives.
Pros
group insurance benefits
Cons
over-tasking
Professional
Personal Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 November 2016
I am a current employee. The biggest difference between Bayshore and other places I have worked is that management is professional. Far better place to work than in public healthcare.
Pros
Excellent people management, great supervisors
Cons
Lower pay
Able to utilize diverse skills and access resources beneficial to clients
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Espanola, ON and area16 January 2017
Schedule varied day to day. Time management mandatory to accommodate schedule. Courses and in-services required to attain best practice.
Developed skills in areas of time management, in-home dialysis, palliation and wound care to name some.
Due to geographical issues, management was not always able to assist RNs and RPNs as it affected adequate communications.
Co-workers formed a cohesive and supportive team, which allowed a high level of care to the clients with continuity of care.
The most difficult part of the job was the travelling. Usually 200-400kms per day with inadequate compensation for fuel and maintenance of own vehicle.
Experienced much joy in interacting with clients, providing care and accessing resources to encourage positive therapeutic relationships and aid in clients' recovery.
Pros
Ability to utilize broad base of knowledge and diverse nursing skills
Cons
Extensive travel with large cachement area.
Highs and lows
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  York Region10 December 2016
There are good and bad in all companies. You get to schedule your own patient times. Paid flat rate mileage is nice. Autonomy. Director is great. High turn over in managers. Interaction with your co-workers maybe once a month.
Great place to work at
Client Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 September 2016
Bayshore Home Health is a service provider for Alberta Health Services. It gave me a platform to sharpen my skills and also provided the opportunity for further growth. I enjoy working with all the amazing staff we have at Bayshore.
Staff very friendly, lots of Events
Pharmacist Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 July 2016
Answer incoming calls, intake new patient inquiries, transfer to branch. Very repetitive, not challenging enough. Answer incoming chats and answer emails for new inquiries. Work independently Call Centre Manager is awesome, she is really easy to talk too and will listen to issues you are having.
Pros
Staff is great
I loved working for this company
PCW (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS13 November 2016
The company is great, they gave me the hours I loved to have.It was a full time predictable steady job. The Higher ups where great at what they did and provided excellent training
Pros
Love it
Cons
There where none

2.8