Bayshore Home Health

Bayshore Home Health Employee Reviews

Good work place, management is unsteady
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON15 March 2017
I love working with people and I love being busy and fast paced all the while educating and providing the best care possible. Bayshore does offer a variety of nursing skills to be learned. Although if there is no work I don't work with makes me uneasy .
benefits
Cons
long driving
Flexible scheduling
RN (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON15 March 2017
Great flexible scheduling, worked independent. Team was supportive when needing support, example if a second opinion was needed on a client condition or care needs.
Pros
flexible
Cons
unpredictable income
good company to work with
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 March 2017
they gave more shifts that are convenient for the health care aides, i learned so many skills and knowledge through trainings they have, the management are lenient and approachable. the hardest part of the job was travelling in winter times but the most enjoyable part was being a part of the health care team and able to render professional home care to the clients who needs most.
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 March 2017
Enjoyed my time. People were awesome to deal with. Managers were always helpful and people in other branches were great. I would definitely recommend.
Productive and enjoyable workplace.
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON5 March 2017
I enjoy going to work everyday to see my clients. The best part of my job is them seeing me with smile on their faces. The hardest part of my job is the end of life, which no one takes easy.
Lacks management
Client Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON22 February 2017
Very little help from managers which causes high stress levels. Employees were wonderful and the job itself was enjoyable. Would return to the job if the chance presented itself.
Professional and Understanding Work Environment
HUMAN RESOURCES ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON21 February 2017
Bayshore Home Health has remained a professional and understanding work place for the 10+ years I have worked there. It has provided me with an excellent work/school balance while I was completing my studies.
ok place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  chatham ontario20 February 2017
you keep the same pt all the time,
you are responsible for their supplies
you can schedule your day, making mutal agreeable times with pt for visits.
lots of education and resources available for learning
Pros
keep same pt
Cons
lots of mileage
Good place
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 February 2017
Good place to work , not hard job . if you like driving , you will love this job . Morning job and you have to drive door to door .
Supportive
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Ontario5 February 2017
If you required hours you would ask you would get it, scheduler was great when contacted. Staff were funny, and very supportive.
I learned many different ways of caring for people and was educated by my work.

I enjoyed spending time in team meetings and out in the field.
Loved the work - enjoyed the clients
PSW - Clinical Practicum (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON5 February 2017
I found the company lacking at the management level - far too unorganized in scheduling clients without proper consideration with PSW schedules. Often found it difficult as not enough travelling time was allotted between clients - that was the hardest part of the job.
I learned a little kindness goes a long way in working with people in need. That was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Great and Productive agency
PSW (Current Employee) –  Nepean, ON4 February 2017
Bayshore is good agency and nice place to work. They are giving me client that suites my profession/career. Bayshore gives me a morning shift which i like and throught that i've learned alot of things with regards to caring the patient. The management staff are great approachable and kind. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the patient smile.
people are very professional
receptionist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 January 2017
good place and people to work with. benefits, salary and work environment are one of the best. i would highly recommend working at bayshore. so many good people and staff.
Bayshore was a great
Client Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON30 January 2017
I loved working for Bayshore clients and field staff were pleasant to work with. I would still be there if it wasn't for the area director and manager of the branch at the time of my employment. I left as it was very stressful environment to work in with AD and MNG. They are no longer emplyed with Bayshore. If I had an opportunity to return I would love to work with Bayshore again.
Pros
Excellent field staff and clientele
Nice staff to work with
Staff Nurse / in home nursing care (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB28 January 2017
Enjoyed working in community doing private duty. Flexible hours/ shifts. Good management. Very supportive.

Several learning opportunities provided.
Pros
not applicable
Cons
winter weather, bad roads not plowed out before 7 am shift
support
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON26 January 2017
More support from employer to employee is needed, as nurses are out in the community working independently they could use the assistance of the office a little more
Able to utilize diverse skills and access resources beneficial to clients
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Espanola, ON and area16 January 2017
Schedule varied day to day. Time management mandatory to accommodate schedule. Courses and in-services required to attain best practice.
Developed skills in areas of time management, in-home dialysis, palliation and wound care to name some.
Due to geographical issues, management was not always able to assist RNs and RPNs as it affected adequate communications.
Co-workers formed a cohesive and supportive team, which allowed a high level of care to the clients with continuity of care.
The most difficult part of the job was the travelling. Usually 200-400kms per day with inadequate compensation for fuel and maintenance of own vehicle.
Experienced much joy in interacting with clients, providing care and accessing resources to encourage positive therapeutic relationships and aid in clients' recovery.
Pros
Ability to utilize broad base of knowledge and diverse nursing skills
Cons
Extensive travel with large cachement area.
Worst Experience Ever
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Lake Country, BC11 January 2017
Rave about being a top employer in Canada, not sure how. I was completely taken advantage of. Poor management, no respect for employees, really could care less if you quit or not. Schedule changes all the time to accommodate new employees. Lack of communication, coordinators are terrible. Changing things last minute and blaming employee for not checking schedule.
If a client complains they say due to staff - changes had to be made. Well if the staff was happy, this problem wouldn't be an issue and they would stay.
I would never recommend this company, ever.
Not taking clients complaints seriously, seems to always be blame
Pros
The clients
Cons
Management.
Learning experiences
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON5 January 2017
My work experiences have been great exercises in learning the skills and team work with other employees. Hours are flexible as is time off. Employees can pick up extra shifts if they wish.
Pros
exposure to wide variety of skills.
Horrible place to work
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  White Rock, BC4 January 2017
The Management is always very rude, the hours are horrible, no benefits and the wage is low. They continue to hire new staff when there is no hours for the current workers. The company only allows workers to refuse work if their hours is under 1.5 hours. There has been times where a had to work an hour at 9am and come back to work a half an hour at 1pm and even after calling in they made no effort to try and get rid of the visits or to fill in the HUGE time gap.
Pros
Cons
No hours, lower

2.8