Bayshore Home Health

Bayshore Home Health Employee Reviews

Able to utilize diverse skills and access resources beneficial to clients
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Espanola, ON and area16 January 2017
Schedule varied day to day. Time management mandatory to accommodate schedule. Courses and in-services required to attain best practice.
Developed skills in areas of time management, in-home dialysis, palliation and wound care to name some.
Due to geographical issues, management was not always able to assist RNs and RPNs as it affected adequate communications.
Co-workers formed a cohesive and supportive team, which allowed a high level of care to the clients with continuity of care.
The most difficult part of the job was the travelling. Usually 200-400kms per day with inadequate compensation for fuel and maintenance of own vehicle.
Experienced much joy in interacting with clients, providing care and accessing resources to encourage positive therapeutic relationships and aid in clients' recovery.
Pros
Ability to utilize broad base of knowledge and diverse nursing skills
Cons
Extensive travel with large cachement area.
Solid place to work, not much growing room
Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC17 November 2016
Bayshore is an absolutely fantastic stepping stone company if youre looking to get a job in the government health care system as a scheduler. Unfortunately, the company relies heavily on last-minute scheduling practices and this creates a huge deficit on their customer service ranks. As well, the care workers being scheduled are heavily relied on seniority, and certain areas in the lower mainland just don't call for the workers that the company is hiring; leaving them to pick up whatever scraps they can grab. If you're looking for a company to get you into the health-care industry, you've found the right place. However, do not look into staying here long term.
Pros
Solid management, lots of hours in the office, energetic environment, wonderful learning experience
Cons
Salary is stagnant, care-workers treated unfair, no growing room within the company
Horrible place to work
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  White Rock, BC4 January 2017
The Management is always very rude, the hours are horrible, no benefits and the wage is low. They continue to hire new staff when there is no hours for the current workers. The company only allows workers to refuse work if their hours is under 1.5 hours. There has been times where a had to work an hour at 9am and come back to work a half an hour at 1pm and even after calling in they made no effort to try and get rid of the visits or to fill in the HUGE time gap.
Pros
Cons
No hours, lower
Great staff and clients, poor management.
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON1 August 2016
Busy, lots of hours, good benefits (even for part time), great co-workers and clients.
Management only cares about themselves, will bully to get their way...changes the policies/rules on "elect to work", expects staff to sit around and be available for work all the time with no compensation for being on call. No seniority in the company (new staff may be offered more hours and better positions to keep them happy). Management does not listen to requests of nurses. Time off requests are denied majority of time and/or given a hard time.
Pros
Lots of hours, good benefits
Cons
Poor management.
People working are overworked and underpaid.
Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 October 2016
Good group insurance benefits. Salary is not good. Position held was not the actual job description as responsibilities keeps piling up with no raise in wages and no incentives.
Pros
group insurance benefits
Cons
over-tasking
Great company to work for.
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON15 December 2016
This is a great company to work for they will work with your schedual and family life. They have benifits for both part time and full time. This company treats you as one of the family.
Pros
Benifits for both full and part time workers
Cons
Sometimes spilt shifts
people are very professional
receptionist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 January 2017
good place and people to work with. benefits, salary and work environment are one of the best. i would highly recommend working at bayshore. so many good people and staff.
exciting and fun
great benefits
celebrated Christmas, easter, holloween, thanksgiving,
Worst Experience Ever
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Lake Country, BC11 January 2017
Rave about being a top employer in Canada, not sure how. I was completely taken advantage of. Poor management, no respect for employees, really could care less if you quit or not. Schedule changes all the time to accommodate new employees. Lack of communication, coordinators are terrible. Changing things last minute and blaming employee for not checking schedule.
If a client complains they say due to staff - changes had to be made. Well if the staff was happy, this problem wouldn't be an issue and they would stay.
I would never recommend this company, ever.
Not taking clients complaints seriously, seems to always be blame
Pros
The clients
Cons
Management.
Great and Productive agency
PSW (Current Employee) –  Nepean, ON4 February 2017
Bayshore is good agency and nice place to work. They are giving me client that suites my profession/career. Bayshore gives me a morning shift which i like and throught that i've learned alot of things with regards to caring the patient. The management staff are great approachable and kind. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the patient smile.
Productive and fun Workplace
Personal Support Worker (PSW) (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON9 October 2016
I learned all about different sorts of culture and religions.
My Co-Workers were awesome and easy to work with when it came to working as a team.
The hardest part about my job was the transferring of clients from like wheelchair to bed or from the toilet to the wheelchair.
The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to provide the proper companionship to my clients and being able to make their day.
Pros
Breaks in between clients
Cons
Meeting new people and assisting them with everyday needs
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON29 October 2016
checking your work schedule
assisting clients with daily activities either in a community setting or retirement setting
i learn something new everyday about new clients or regular clients
management isn't at the best at the moment it used to be better
my co workers are great very friendly and talkative also supportive
the hardest part of the job is when a client no longer needs support or moves into a facility where they can receive additional support that cannot be provided where they are
meeting and interacting with new people on a daily basis
Bayshore was a great
Client Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON30 January 2017
I loved working for Bayshore clients and field staff were pleasant to work with. I would still be there if it wasn't for the area director and manager of the branch at the time of my employment. I left as it was very stressful environment to work in with AD and MNG. They are no longer emplyed with Bayshore. If I had an opportunity to return I would love to work with Bayshore again.
Pros
Excellent field staff and clientele
Good Job
Student Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Canada1 June 2016
Great rewarding job. It takes a lot of patience and practice but once your in the swing of things this job can change your life.
Pros
the salary
Cons
sometimes there is no garante of hours
Loved the work - enjoyed the clients
PSW - Clinical Practicum (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON5 February 2017
I found the company lacking at the management level - far too unorganized in scheduling clients without proper consideration with PSW schedules. Often found it difficult as not enough travelling time was allotted between clients - that was the hardest part of the job.
I learned a little kindness goes a long way in working with people in need. That was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Learning experiences
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON5 January 2017
My work experiences have been great exercises in learning the skills and team work with other employees. Hours are flexible as is time off. Employees can pick up extra shifts if they wish.
Pros
exposure to wide variety of skills.
No hours for you
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 September 2016
What a horrible company it is! I have got hired for more than 9 months as a part time RPN; the recruiter confidently guaranteed this job could be a steady part time job with at least 16 hrs per week. Two weeks after signing the contract the Toronto office gave me a call, saying I would be a casual nurse and refusing to tell me the reason for the sudden decision. For this reason I have had absolutely no shifts to do since I got hired. The most ridiculous thing is that they still want you to give them a 40-hour/wk availability.

Don't even bother to apply for this sucky company; you won't get even a single shift anyway.
Pros
Cons
No Hours for You
Nice staff to work with
Staff Nurse / in home nursing care (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB28 January 2017
Enjoyed working in community doing private duty. Flexible hours/ shifts. Good management. Very supportive.

Several learning opportunities provided.
Pros
not applicable
Cons
winter weather, bad roads not plowed out before 7 am shift
Flexible hours
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Havelock-Belmont-Methuen, ON28 March 2016
Great clients and lots of hours available. Friendly management. Lots of travel involved however and compensation is low. Great job for new graduates.
my preview is that this company is more about the business than the compassion and care of our clients. I have been doing my job for over 30 yrs and I
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 July 2016
My day starts with evening meals and medication until 6:30,when it is time to do tuck ins.In that there are safty checks, tuck in are asst, undressing wash ups oral care,and HS medications if required,I learn each day as clients change for the better or worst,that each are so very different.Management well there could be some improvment in my eyes seems to be to many and not all seems to know what the other is doing.For the most part I really dont see or work with my coworkers and when we do its nice to see and work with them.The hardest part of my job is when one of our clients pass away. Since we grow close over time its some times hard to let go. My clients and residents have always been the joy of my job, watching them recover from illnesses or watching wounds heal watching them light up when they see us walk in the door these thing are the best part of the job.
Pros
there are none like your example
Cons
there are none

2.8