Bayshore Home Health Employee Reviews in Canada

Good place to work if you don't want to be appreciated
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONAugust 24, 2016
I worked a number of years for this company and the only thing I got was used. Skills and talents are taken advantage of, favours and going above and beyond mean nothing to them in the end. It's all about the bottom line and the money they can make. Co-workers were great, management a joke.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Management, lack of appreciation, lack of support and accountability, clear divide between employees and management
Rewarding and an awesome setting to practice new skills.
Community Health Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Langley, BCAugust 14, 2016
If you thrive working on your own and love independence then Home Support is the way to go. Gives you the atmosphere to learn how to assess clients, as well as the responsibility of being the front line in caregiving. These patients rely on you to be your top game and relay information to the nurses or emergency services to provide them with appropriate level of care. You have to be able to assess as professionally as a nurse and are given LPN like tasks at times after training. You also have to be able to document like an LPN and phone the RN when necessary.
Pros
Independance
Cons
time restraints when travelling between houses
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSAugust 3, 2016
Bayshore Home Health offers great learning opportunities for nurses, staff and management are very supportive, As a casual nurse, I have the ability to pick shifts to my schedule
Great staff and clients, poor management.
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONAugust 1, 2016
Busy, lots of hours, good benefits (even for part time), great co-workers and clients.
Management only cares about themselves, will bully to get their way...changes the policies/rules on "elect to work", expects staff to sit around and be available for work all the time with no compensation for being on call. No seniority in the company (new staff may be offered more hours and better positions to keep them happy). Management does not listen to requests of nurses. Time off requests are denied majority of time and/or given a hard time.
Pros
Lots of hours, good benefits
Cons
Poor management.
Bayshore Healthcare
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 24, 2016
My experience with Bayshore was a good one, staff was great, they are reliable. lots of clients to work with in the community,some challenging, but overall the experience was good. i will work for them again
my preview is that this company is more about the business than the compassion and care of our clients. I have been doing my job for over 30 yrs and I
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 23, 2016
My day starts with evening meals and medication until 6:30,when it is time to do tuck ins.In that there are safty checks, tuck in are asst, undressing wash ups oral care,and HS medications if required,I learn each day as clients change for the better or worst,that each are so very different.Management well there could be some improvment in my eyes seems to be to many and not all seems to know what the other is doing.For the most part I really dont see or work with my coworkers and when we do its nice to see and work with them.The hardest part of my job is when one of our clients pass away. Since we grow close over time its some times hard to let go. My clients and residents have always been the joy of my job, watching them recover from illnesses or watching wounds heal watching them light up when they see us walk in the door these thing are the best part of the job.
Pros
there are none like your example
Cons
there are none
Enjoy my job
CSC (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONJuly 13, 2016
Overall, great place to work. Co-workers are helpful and friendly. High stress job but low stress environment. I really enjoy working for Bayshore Home Health
bayshore
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  London, ONJuly 13, 2016
Good company to work for with lots of variety. Pays well. Hours are hit and miss!! Staff is good and flexible with your personal schedule.
Pros
flexible
Cons
not alot of hours
Staff very friendly, lots of Events
Pharmacist Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 12, 2016
Answer incoming calls, intake new patient inquiries, transfer to branch. Very repetitive, not challenging enough. Answer incoming chats and answer emails for new inquiries. Work independently Call Centre Manager is awesome, she is really easy to talk too and will listen to issues you are having.
Pros
Staff is great
RPN visiting Nurse
RPN Community Visiting Program/ACC Clinic Nurse (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONJune 22, 2016
Have learned great time management
Critical thinking skills
Independence
Facilitation of services to support and benefit patients and families. However limited resources due to tight budgets
Pros
Patients
Cons
non
Good Job
Student Support Worker (Former Employee) –  CanadaJune 1, 2016
Great rewarding job. It takes a lot of patience and practice but once your in the swing of things this job can change your life.
Pros
the salary
Cons
sometimes there is no garante of hours
various nursing skills and knowledge acquired during working at this company
RN (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJune 1, 2016
This job provided me an excellent opportunity to learn wound care and iv skills.
I have also learn team work and collaboration for better client centered care.
no work
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSMay 26, 2016
Meeting new people. Love working with others. Just not enough hours. Hardest part was adjusting to new floors. Most enjoyable was seeing how others were happy to work with me.
Flexible hours
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Havelock-Belmont-Methuen, ONMarch 28, 2016
Great clients and lots of hours available. Friendly management. Lots of travel involved however and compensation is low. Great job for new graduates.
flexible hours
Home Care Aide/ Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCMarch 17, 2016
BayShore Home Health is a professional company that gave me the privilege to interact with different clients and cater to their physical and health needs. The management made sure that all aspects of the job are acceptable to ensure the safety of both the clients and the workers.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not enough hours for me
The best place to work at!
Evening Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 15, 2016
Management and staff are very nice. Working in the Admin. is the best work I had so far. I know there is a room for advancement with the company. I love working with my Manager who I keep learning from each day I work.
Professional and ethical place to work
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, ABMarch 15, 2016
Since I have started with Bayshore, I have felt supported by Bayshore on every level. I have appreciated the acknowledgement for a job well done.
Pros
Supportive team
Cons
Working alone
productive
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMarch 2, 2016
A typical day at work is exhausted, happy. I learned a lot for all the clients that I have they have different behavior and mood swing. They are all friendly and approachable. Dealing with dementia residents and the residents that can't find the happy place for them to live. Most of the resident in he facility said this is not my home. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I help people who are inneed of my help.
great spirited
Personal supportworker (Former Employee) –  London, ONFebruary 26, 2016
loved working here they make the staff feel like family and always make extra training available.
the staff and management went out of their way to ensure the resident and staff are all satisfied. this company truly cares about their residence quality of living as independent as possible. I feel that they do more things for the residence that most home care agencies do and that's why I loved working for them,
Scheduling seems quite unrealistic
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ONJanuary 20, 2016
Scheduling is unrealistic at the amount of time needed for travel.. Expected to get from Wellesley to Maryhill in 15 minutes, between a six hour shift leaving no time for even a quick lunch.
I waited at a home for 45 minutes and no one ever came to door, I had notified supervisor 10 minutes in and she had asked me to wait, only to tell me I would not be paid for the hour after waiting there for 45 minutes.
Pros
Poor Wages, unorganized and scheduling is not realistic

2.9