Bayshore Home Health Employee Reviews

Solid place to work, not much growing room
Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC17 November 2016
Bayshore is an absolutely fantastic stepping stone company if youre looking to get a job in the government health care system as a scheduler. Unfortunately, the company relies heavily on last-minute scheduling practices and this creates a huge deficit on their customer service ranks. As well, the care workers being scheduled are heavily relied on seniority, and certain areas in the lower mainland just don't call for the workers that the company is hiring; leaving them to pick up whatever scraps they can grab. If you're looking for a company to get you into the health-care industry, you've found the right place. However, do not look into staying here long term.
Pros
Solid management, lots of hours in the office, energetic environment, wonderful learning experience
Cons
Salary is stagnant, care-workers treated unfair, no growing room within the company
Great staff and clients, poor management.
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON1 August 2016
Busy, lots of hours, good benefits (even for part time), great co-workers and clients.
Management only cares about themselves, will bully to get their way...changes the policies/rules on "elect to work", expects staff to sit around and be available for work all the time with no compensation for being on call. No seniority in the company (new staff may be offered more hours and better positions to keep them happy). Management does not listen to requests of nurses. Time off requests are denied majority of time and/or given a hard time.
Pros
Lots of hours, good benefits
Cons
Poor management.
Productive and fun Workplace
Personal Support Worker (PSW) (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON9 October 2016
I learned all about different sorts of culture and religions.
My Co-Workers were awesome and easy to work with when it came to working as a team.
The hardest part about my job was the transferring of clients from like wheelchair to bed or from the toilet to the wheelchair.
The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to provide the proper companionship to my clients and being able to make their day.
Pros
Breaks in between clients
Cons
People working are overworked and underpaid.
Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 October 2016
Good group insurance benefits. Salary is not good. Position held was not the actual job description as responsibilities keeps piling up with no raise in wages and no incentives.
Pros
group insurance benefits
Cons
over-tasking
Meeting new people and assisting them with everyday needs
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON29 October 2016
checking your work schedule
assisting clients with daily activities either in a community setting or retirement setting
i learn something new everyday about new clients or regular clients
management isn't at the best at the moment it used to be better
my co workers are great very friendly and talkative also supportive
the hardest part of the job is when a client no longer needs support or moves into a facility where they can receive additional support that cannot be provided where they are
meeting and interacting with new people on a daily basis
my preview is that this company is more about the business than the compassion and care of our clients. I have been doing my job for over 30 yrs and I
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 July 2016
My day starts with evening meals and medication until 6:30,when it is time to do tuck ins.In that there are safty checks, tuck in are asst, undressing wash ups oral care,and HS medications if required,I learn each day as clients change for the better or worst,that each are so very different.Management well there could be some improvment in my eyes seems to be to many and not all seems to know what the other is doing.For the most part I really dont see or work with my coworkers and when we do its nice to see and work with them.The hardest part of my job is when one of our clients pass away. Since we grow close over time its some times hard to let go. My clients and residents have always been the joy of my job, watching them recover from illnesses or watching wounds heal watching them light up when they see us walk in the door these thing are the best part of the job.
Pros
there are none like your example
Cons
there are none
Good place to work if you don't want to be appreciated
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON24 August 2016
I worked a number of years for this company and the only thing I got was used. Skills and talents are taken advantage of, favours and going above and beyond mean nothing to them in the end. It's all about the bottom line and the money they can make. Co-workers were great, management a joke.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Management, lack of appreciation, lack of support and accountability, clear divide between employees and management
No hours for you
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 September 2016
What a horrible company it is! I have got hired for more than 9 months as a part time RPN; the recruiter confidently guaranteed this job could be a steady part time job with at least 16 hrs per week. Two weeks after signing the contract the Toronto office gave me a call, saying I would be a casual nurse and refusing to tell me the reason for the sudden decision. For this reason I have had absolutely no shifts to do since I got hired. The most ridiculous thing is that they still want you to give them a 40-hour/wk availability.

Don't even bother to apply for this sucky company; you won't get even a single shift anyway.
Pros
Cons
No Hours for You
Professional
Personal Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 November 2016
I am a current employee. The biggest difference between Bayshore and other places I have worked is that management is professional. Far better place to work than in public healthcare.
Pros
Excellent people management, great supervisors
Cons
Lower pay
exciting and fun
always changing
updates every week
great benefits
celebrated Christmas, easter, holloween, thanksgiving,
Rewarding and an awesome setting to practice new skills.
Community Health Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC14 August 2016
If you thrive working on your own and love independence then Home Support is the way to go. Gives you the atmosphere to learn how to assess clients, as well as the responsibility of being the front line in caregiving. These patients rely on you to be your top game and relay information to the nurses or emergency services to provide them with appropriate level of care. You have to be able to assess as professionally as a nurse and are given LPN like tasks at times after training. You also have to be able to document like an LPN and phone the RN when necessary.
Pros
Independance
Cons
time restraints when travelling between houses
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS3 August 2016
Bayshore Home Health offers great learning opportunities for nurses, staff and management are very supportive, As a casual nurse, I have the ability to pick shifts to my schedule
The best place to work at!
Evening Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 March 2016
Management and staff are very nice. Working in the Admin. is the best work I had so far. I know there is a room for advancement with the company. I love working with my Manager who I keep learning from each day I work.
Flexible hours
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Havelock-Belmont-Methuen, ON28 March 2016
Great clients and lots of hours available. Friendly management. Lots of travel involved however and compensation is low. Great job for new graduates.
RPN visiting Nurse
RPN Community Visiting Program/ACC Clinic Nurse (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON22 June 2016
Have learned great time management
Critical thinking skills
Independence
Facilitation of services to support and benefit patients and families. However limited resources due to tight budgets
Pros
Patients
Cons
non
Learned the ability to multitask.
Client Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC7 November 2016
Working at Bayshore Home Health as a Service Client Coordinator, I have demonstrated courteous telephone skills and professional written and oral communications skills. I possess extensive experience in providing clerical duties such as assisting nursing staffs, discharging duties, medical records, and patient admissions.
Good Job
Student Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Canada1 June 2016
Great rewarding job. It takes a lot of patience and practice but once your in the swing of things this job can change your life.
Pros
the salary
Cons
sometimes there is no garante of hours
Not enough work for full time work.
Hospital Ward Clerk (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS8 October 2016
When I did have a shift as a Ward Clerk, or a Patient Care
Attendant the work was often difficult, but gratifying.
However, the downfall with this particular employer, shifts were
often cancelled at the last minute. Could not make ends meat.
Pros
Cons
shifts being cancelled at the last minute/
WORST CARE PROVIDER EVER
client (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 December 2015
I do not work here but we have Bayshore as a care provider for a family member via our Health services. Let me tell you this... All the 20 PSW's we get have absolutely nothing positive to say about this company. I listen to them almost everyday complaining about the horrendous company culture. It makes me sick that a company treats their employees so bad. I won't go into major detail but I'll just tell you that the main issue starts at the top with upper management and trickles down.

The main culprit is horrible management and senior administrators who rule the office with an iron fist. These people have been working here way too long and NEED to go. They contribute to the low morale and negativity. Be nice to them or they will adjust your hours or shifts as they please. If the company can acknowledge the issues and get rid of the upper 'club' I'm sure Bayshore would be a much more enjoyable place to work.

All issues / concerns brought up to management are usually disregarded. Even as a client, certain records are not logged!! As if nothing happened and they have no knowledge of it!!

Bayshore has an extremely high turn over rate. PSW's come and go every month!! Right here this says a lot about Bayshore.
Pros
Cons
Bad managment
Great place to work at
Client Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 September 2016
Bayshore Home Health is a service provider for Alberta Health Services. It gave me a platform to sharpen my skills and also provided the opportunity for further growth. I enjoy working with all the amazing staff we have at Bayshore.

2.8