Bayshore Home Health

Bayshore Home Health Employee Reviews

Good place
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 February 2017
Good place to work , not hard job . if you like driving , you will love this job . Morning job and you have to drive door to door .
Supportive
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Ontario5 February 2017
If you required hours you would ask you would get it, scheduler was great when contacted. Staff were funny, and very supportive.
I learned many different ways of caring for people and was educated by my work.

I enjoyed spending time in team meetings and out in the field.
Loved the work - enjoyed the clients
PSW - Clinical Practicum (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON5 February 2017
I found the company lacking at the management level - far too unorganized in scheduling clients without proper consideration with PSW schedules. Often found it difficult as not enough travelling time was allotted between clients - that was the hardest part of the job.
I learned a little kindness goes a long way in working with people in need. That was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Great and Productive agency
PSW (Current Employee) –  Nepean, ON4 February 2017
Bayshore is good agency and nice place to work. They are giving me client that suites my profession/career. Bayshore gives me a morning shift which i like and throught that i've learned alot of things with regards to caring the patient. The management staff are great approachable and kind. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the patient smile.
people are very professional
receptionist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 January 2017
good place and people to work with. benefits, salary and work environment are one of the best. i would highly recommend working at bayshore. so many good people and staff.
Bayshore was a great
Client Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON30 January 2017
I loved working for Bayshore clients and field staff were pleasant to work with. I would still be there if it wasn't for the area director and manager of the branch at the time of my employment. I left as it was very stressful environment to work in with AD and MNG. They are no longer emplyed with Bayshore. If I had an opportunity to return I would love to work with Bayshore again.
Pros
Excellent field staff and clientele
Nice staff to work with
Staff Nurse / in home nursing care (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB28 January 2017
Enjoyed working in community doing private duty. Flexible hours/ shifts. Good management. Very supportive.

Several learning opportunities provided.
Pros
not applicable
Cons
winter weather, bad roads not plowed out before 7 am shift
support
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON26 January 2017
More support from employer to employee is needed, as nurses are out in the community working independently they could use the assistance of the office a little more
Able to utilize diverse skills and access resources beneficial to clients
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Espanola, ON and area16 January 2017
Schedule varied day to day. Time management mandatory to accommodate schedule. Courses and in-services required to attain best practice.
Developed skills in areas of time management, in-home dialysis, palliation and wound care to name some.
Due to geographical issues, management was not always able to assist RNs and RPNs as it affected adequate communications.
Co-workers formed a cohesive and supportive team, which allowed a high level of care to the clients with continuity of care.
The most difficult part of the job was the travelling. Usually 200-400kms per day with inadequate compensation for fuel and maintenance of own vehicle.
Experienced much joy in interacting with clients, providing care and accessing resources to encourage positive therapeutic relationships and aid in clients' recovery.
Pros
Ability to utilize broad base of knowledge and diverse nursing skills
Cons
Extensive travel with large cachement area.
Worst Experience Ever
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Lake Country, BC11 January 2017
Rave about being a top employer in Canada, not sure how. I was completely taken advantage of. Poor management, no respect for employees, really could care less if you quit or not. Schedule changes all the time to accommodate new employees. Lack of communication, coordinators are terrible. Changing things last minute and blaming employee for not checking schedule.
If a client complains they say due to staff - changes had to be made. Well if the staff was happy, this problem wouldn't be an issue and they would stay.
I would never recommend this company, ever.
Not taking clients complaints seriously, seems to always be blame
Pros
The clients
Cons
Management.
Learning experiences
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON5 January 2017
My work experiences have been great exercises in learning the skills and team work with other employees. Hours are flexible as is time off. Employees can pick up extra shifts if they wish.
Pros
exposure to wide variety of skills.
Horrible place to work
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  White Rock, BC4 January 2017
The Management is always very rude, the hours are horrible, no benefits and the wage is low. They continue to hire new staff when there is no hours for the current workers. The company only allows workers to refuse work if their hours is under 1.5 hours. There has been times where a had to work an hour at 9am and come back to work a half an hour at 1pm and even after calling in they made no effort to try and get rid of the visits or to fill in the HUGE time gap.
Pros
Cons
No hours, lower
Great place to work at. Managers are awesome
PSW (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON21 December 2016
Great atmosphere. Managers are great as far as scheduling and dealing with issues employees have. The hours are as much as you want them to be depending on your availability.
Great company to work for.
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON15 December 2016
This is a great company to work for they will work with your schedual and family life. They have benifits for both part time and full time. This company treats you as one of the family.
Pros
Benifits for both full and part time workers
Cons
Sometimes spilt shifts
Highs and lows
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  York Region10 December 2016
There are good and bad in all companies. You get to schedule your own patient times. Paid flat rate mileage is nice. Autonomy. Director is great. High turn over in managers. Interaction with your co-workers maybe once a month.
Professional
Personal Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 November 2016
I am a current employee. The biggest difference between Bayshore and other places I have worked is that management is professional. Far better place to work than in public healthcare.
Pros
Excellent people management, great supervisors
Cons
Lower pay
Solid place to work, not much growing room
Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC17 November 2016
Bayshore is an absolutely fantastic stepping stone company if youre looking to get a job in the government health care system as a scheduler. Unfortunately, the company relies heavily on last-minute scheduling practices and this creates a huge deficit on their customer service ranks. As well, the care workers being scheduled are heavily relied on seniority, and certain areas in the lower mainland just don't call for the workers that the company is hiring; leaving them to pick up whatever scraps they can grab. If you're looking for a company to get you into the health-care industry, you've found the right place. However, do not look into staying here long term.
Pros
Solid management, lots of hours in the office, energetic environment, wonderful learning experience
Cons
Salary is stagnant, care-workers treated unfair, no growing room within the company
I loved working for this company
PCW (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS13 November 2016
The company is great, they gave me the hours I loved to have.It was a full time predictable steady job. The Higher ups where great at what they did and provided excellent training
Pros
Love it
Cons
There where none
Learned the ability to multitask.
Client Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC7 November 2016
Working at Bayshore Home Health as a Service Client Coordinator, I have demonstrated courteous telephone skills and professional written and oral communications skills. I possess extensive experience in providing clerical duties such as assisting nursing staffs, discharging duties, medical records, and patient admissions.
Meeting new people and assisting them with everyday needs
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON29 October 2016
checking your work schedule
assisting clients with daily activities either in a community setting or retirement setting
i learn something new everyday about new clients or regular clients
management isn't at the best at the moment it used to be better
my co workers are great very friendly and talkative also supportive
the hardest part of the job is when a client no longer needs support or moves into a facility where they can receive additional support that cannot be provided where they are
meeting and interacting with new people on a daily basis

2.8