Bayshore Home Health

Bayshore Home Health Employee Reviews in Canada

Flexible hours
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Havelock-Belmont-Methuen, ONMarch 28, 2016
Great clients and lots of hours available. Friendly management. Lots of travel involved however and compensation is low. Great job for new graduates.
my preview is that this company is more about the business than the compassion and care of our clients. I have been doing my job for over 30 yrs and I
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 23, 2016
My day starts with evening meals and medication until 6:30,when it is time to do tuck ins.In that there are safty checks, tuck in are asst, undressing wash ups oral care,and HS medications if required,I learn each day as clients change for the better or worst,that each are so very different.Management well there could be some improvment in my eyes seems to be to many and not all seems to know what the other is doing.For the most part I really dont see or work with my coworkers and when we do its nice to see and work with them.The hardest part of my job is when one of our clients pass away. Since we grow close over time its some times hard to let go. My clients and residents have always been the joy of my job, watching them recover from illnesses or watching wounds heal watching them light up when they see us walk in the door these thing are the best part of the job.
Pros
there are none like your example
Cons
there are none
The best place to work at!
Evening Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 15, 2016
Management and staff are very nice. Working in the Admin. is the best work I had so far. I know there is a room for advancement with the company. I love working with my Manager who I keep learning from each day I work.
flexible hours
Home Care Aide/ Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCMarch 17, 2016
BayShore Home Health is a professional company that gave me the privilege to interact with different clients and cater to their physical and health needs. The management made sure that all aspects of the job are acceptable to ensure the safety of both the clients and the workers.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not enough hours for me
great spirited
Personal supportworker (Former Employee) –  London, ONFebruary 26, 2016
loved working here they make the staff feel like family and always make extra training available.
the staff and management went out of their way to ensure the resident and staff are all satisfied. this company truly cares about their residence quality of living as independent as possible. I feel that they do more things for the residence that most home care agencies do and that's why I loved working for them,
Staff very friendly, lots of Events
Pharmacist Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 12, 2016
Answer incoming calls, intake new patient inquiries, transfer to branch. Very repetitive, not challenging enough. Answer incoming chats and answer emails for new inquiries. Work independently Call Centre Manager is awesome, she is really easy to talk too and will listen to issues you are having.
Pros
Staff is great
WORST CARE PROVIDER EVER
client (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCDecember 5, 2015
I do not work here but we have Bayshore as a care provider for a family member via our Health services. Let me tell you this... All the 20 PSW's we get have absolutely nothing positive to say about this company. I listen to them almost everyday complaining about the horrendous company culture. It makes me sick that a company treats their employees so bad. I won't go into major detail but I'll just tell you that the main issue starts at the top with upper management and trickles down.

The main culprit is horrible management and senior administrators who rule the office with an iron fist. These people have been working here way too long and NEED to go. They contribute to the low morale and negativity. Be nice to them or they will adjust your hours or shifts as they please. If the company can acknowledge the issues and get rid of the upper 'club' I'm sure Bayshore would be a much more enjoyable place to work.

All issues / concerns brought up to management are usually disregarded. Even as a client, certain records are not logged!! As if nothing happened and they have no knowledge of it!!

Bayshore has an extremely high turn over rate. PSW's come and go every month!! Right here this says a lot about Bayshore.
Pros
Cons
Bad managment
good place to work
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Bayshore Home Health WindsorAugust 24, 2015
I had the opportunity to work doing personal home-care out in the community and also in a palliative care setting for several years. I learned enormous amount of medical information. The position was very rewarding on a personal level.
Most of my co-workers were excellent. Always a few bad seeds in any basket of apples but you learn to deal with it. Unfortunately management was not very supportive. Although it was stated about an open door policy, that was certainly not experienced.
Hardest part was leaving my patients at the end of the day.
Pros
personally rewarding
Cons
long hours/non-supportive management
productive
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMarch 2, 2016
A typical day at work is exhausted, happy. I learned a lot for all the clients that I have they have different behavior and mood swing. They are all friendly and approachable. Dealing with dementia residents and the residents that can't find the happy place for them to live. Most of the resident in he facility said this is not my home. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I help people who are inneed of my help.
Scheduling seems quite unrealistic
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ONJanuary 20, 2016
Scheduling is unrealistic at the amount of time needed for travel.. Expected to get from Wellesley to Maryhill in 15 minutes, between a six hour shift leaving no time for even a quick lunch.
I waited at a home for 45 minutes and no one ever came to door, I had notified supervisor 10 minutes in and she had asked me to wait, only to tell me I would not be paid for the hour after waiting there for 45 minutes.
Pros
Poor Wages, unorganized and scheduling is not realistic
RPN visiting Nurse
RPN Community Visiting Program/ACC Clinic Nurse (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONJune 22, 2016
Have learned great time management
Critical thinking skills
Independence
Facilitation of services to support and benefit patients and families. However limited resources due to tight budgets
Pros
Patients
Cons
non
Very Poor Management
Client Service Coordinator-Nursing (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 19, 2016
The coworkers is the best part of the working environment, but the management really sucks. New employees were not given proper training. Some supervisors are very moody and rude. Ongoing bullying is being tolerated by the management. They don't give quality patient care.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Poor training, bullying
Bayshore Healthcare
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 24, 2016
My experience with Bayshore was a good one, staff was great, they are reliable. lots of clients to work with in the community,some challenging, but overall the experience was good. i will work for them again
various nursing skills and knowledge acquired during working at this company
RN (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJune 1, 2016
This job provided me an excellent opportunity to learn wound care and iv skills.
I have also learn team work and collaboration for better client centered care.
bayshore
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  London, ONJuly 13, 2016
Good company to work for with lots of variety. Pays well. Hours are hit and miss!! Staff is good and flexible with your personal schedule.
Pros
flexible
Cons
not alot of hours
Good Job
Student Support Worker (Former Employee) –  CanadaJune 1, 2016
Great rewarding job. It takes a lot of patience and practice but once your in the swing of things this job can change your life.
Pros
the salary
Cons
sometimes there is no garante of hours
no work
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSMay 26, 2016
Meeting new people. Love working with others. Just not enough hours. Hardest part was adjusting to new floors. Most enjoyable was seeing how others were happy to work with me.
Enjoy my job
CSC (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONJuly 13, 2016
Overall, great place to work. Co-workers are helpful and friendly. High stress job but low stress environment. I really enjoy working for Bayshore Home Health
Client are super but the job is a time crunch
Home Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCApril 17, 2015
This company demands a lot from its employees in a short period of time. Time on the road is not compensated for. Gas mileage is no reimbursed. A small flat fee is the only compensation given between calls.
Pros
Ability to choose jobs to some extent
Cons
Heavy workload, fairly great distances to travel between calls with little compensation, Only paid for time in the hme
Bayshore Home Health
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCNovember 4, 2015
It was the first job that allowed me to use my HCA skills and I was able to do a variety of jobs that are possible in that field. I did private home care which included light house keeping and cooking. Companionship was a huge part of the job. I also did medical escorts and went into long term care facilities to do companionship clients. I worked with the elderly by helping them do day to day activities and other clients had acquired brain injuries. The variety of clients I saw really gave me a lot of experience in the spectrum of HCA field
Pros
The variety of clients with various needs, so was able to use all the skills I learned in school in real world applications.
Cons
I was given the most difficult cases, they knew I would be able to handle them, that in turn burned me out.

2.9