Bayshore Home Health

Bayshore Home Health Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Bayshore
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee), londonMarch 27, 2015
Pros: clean work
Cons: non
Working for bayshore was casual and not a lot of work as I found most pt want a female nurse most of my work was sitting with pt on the night shift.
great inservices
Registered Nurse Home Visiting (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Bayshore nurse really do care about their clients
Cons: you have to do midnight on-call as full time or part time, or get demoted to casual.
Bayshore really cares about staff and clients. Bayshore never turns away a client.
Computer charting is still needing kinks to be worked out.
Worker safety is important, and company promotes their nurses to work safely.
Love the health field
Client Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Sudbury, ONMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Free lunches once a month
Cons: Traveling
Able to help and interact with the clients.
Meeting new people. From co-workers, to field staff to clients and their families.
Fast paced environment.
Learned medical terminology.
supportive environment
Visiting Community Nurse (Current Employee), Richmondhill, onMarch 3, 2015
Pros: supportive environment
Cons: long hours
Great place to work, The pay is not too good but sometimes when you work with such great stuff you can over look the pay. Been with this company for over 10years
A great experience to have
Percepted clinical placement (Former Employee), Barrie, ONFebruary 18, 2015
Enjoyable job atmosphere. My days were filled with clients to see and to help. A slower paced environment compared to long term care, but still enjoyed it.
productive and creative
Health Care Aide (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 6, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is by taking care,rendering personal care to my clients as well as making jokes and fun to make your day enjoyable and make your patient laugh loud.
It was a job that made you feel that a differance was being made for the elderly
Client Service Co ordinator (Former Employee), Fredericton, NBJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: making a differance in the clients lives
Cons: the new area director did not know the roles of staff in the office
I enjoyed making a difference in the clients home with the care that was provided. I enjoyed communicating with the clients and their families.
I enjoyed staffing the field staff and being able to help out where needed with them.
The hardest part of the job was not being able to keep everybody happy even though you tried everything possible.
RPN
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONDecember 22, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
Do not work for this company no matter how desparate you think you are, they will destroy your career, they are nothing more than a lying back stabbing, manipulating organization that pays garbage wages for nurses that have extensive skills, they cooridinators are retards. management is a joke, if you value your career, never , ever work for this company in any capacity whatsoever
Enjoyble workplace with caring management and friendly co-workers
Resident Care Worker/Observational Care Provider (Current Employee), london, ONDecember 15, 2014
Typical day at work is giving uninterrupted observational care to residents for their safety. Learned how to interact with physically and/or mentally sick people and keep them comfortably while their stay in hospital beds. I had an opportunity to work with hospital and company staff as well. The hardest part of the job is to interact with acute confused and mentally sick patients continuously through out the shift. The most enjoyable part of the job is giving a companionship to patients, which makes them happy and comfortable.
Horrible company - they do not care about you
CHW II (Former Employee), Burnaby BCDecember 10, 2014
Pros: great clients
Cons: bad managment - awful hours -
Bayshore is an AWFUL company to be empoyed with - they are constantly hiring because there turn over rate is so high. They have way too many employees so it is impossible to get PROPER HOURS. I have been employed with them as a secondary job for 1.5 years - recently they took clients away from my shifts due to a new policy that I have to go through bayshore to get my training. (palletive care, dementia care ect) EVEN THOUGH MY CERTIFICATES ARE NOT EVEN 3 YEARS OLD - I was willing to take their coarses however they DO NOT OFFER THEM EVENING AND WEEKENDS. This has made it impossible for me as I work my main job is Monday - Friday 8:30 - 5.

This is what my shifts looked like this week when I got fed up and finally quite
Monday I am available to work 6pm - 11pm they schedule me for a client from 6-7 then I don't have anyone until 9pm and my last client from 9-10. So I am basically working 6pm - 10pm and getting paid for only 2 hours. Since I am out there for 4 hours and it costs to much gas money to drive home and back again I am technically working for UNDER minnumum wage.

Tuesday night shift was a bit better as I had two client one from 7-8 and the other from 8-9 however one cancelled with more than 24hours notice so I was only scheduled for 1 hour. AGAIN it cost me more in gas and time driving to one clients house for an hour. By the time I pay my union dues and taxes I am basically getting paid minimum wage.

Thursday night I was scheduled for 3.5 hours and was going to be out for 5hours.

The only thing that kept me at Bayshore for over a year was the client. The people I worked for and was able to service were wonderful people.

My best and most sound advice would be - DO NOT WORK WITH BAYSHORE
Stay away from this company, unless you are desperate.
Nurse (Former Employee), BrockvilleDecember 10, 2014
Pros: clients
Cons: lack of appreciation to staff, staff are replaceable. overall, not a great place to work as a nurse.
The office environment is toxic. Favoratism runs rampant. Money is average for a home care company. No real future unless you play kiss up to the head honchos. Clients are the real "Positive". Poor leadership at this agency.
Great company that encourages growth with flexibility
OTA-PTA (Current Employee), Greater Toronto AreaNovember 21, 2014
Pros: encourages independence, knowledge, and skills
Cons: needs dedication, perseverance, and adaptability
working with Bayshore encourages me to grow by providing me with competitive wages, having empowering team, and flexibility.
Excellent Employer
Home Care Worker (Current Employee), Smiths Falls, ONNovember 21, 2014
Pros: rewarding industry
Cons: lack of hours
Bayshore is an incredible place to work, as is the home care industry. Due to recent government criteria for services, however, the hours available have become less and less and less.

Perfect for someone looking for more part time and a strong work.life balance. Power to create own schedule.
i give bayshore 100%
care aid (Current Employee), Langley, BCNovember 17, 2014
Pros: they always aprreciate whenever you go an extra time .
Cons: no cons
bay shore is a very wonderful company. they have helped me grow in all ramifications in my job as a care aid. and they always encourage you to be at your best. there is always a reminder to always check the care plan. they are always with you as you go.
Helped to get some experience and go forward.
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONNovember 10, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: driving a lot
Overall, nice company to start with but I won't work for a long time because of the pay scale and driving a lot and pay yourself for the gas and time you drove.
OCP
Observational Care Provider (Former Employee), London, ONNovember 1, 2014
I like this job, it was hard to get the hang of it when you get. Some of the patients may be hard to deal with but if you want to get into the nursing field this is a good way to take a look at what it offers.
great co workers
Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Windsor, ONOctober 20, 2014
Pros: i got to work on a wonderful team of csc's
Cons: no room for advancement, not using the full spectrum of my education
My peers at this job made my time there very enjoyable, however I would like to move on to a company that can offer more advancement than Bayshore is able to at this time.
literally will demean you
nurse (Former Employee), British ColumbiaOctober 15, 2014
Pros: always looking
Cons: always looking because no one wants to work here
Very little training for important nursing procedures. Management is not professional nor experienced. They deal with very few nurses, and don't know much about how nurses learn or deal with things in the real world. You are hired for the company's profit. So,, they give you as little training as possible, and expect you to go above and beyond working like crazy with several complex job descriptions. If you make the slightest mistake or a wrong comment( yes,... this company will even write a report up on you, if you even say the wrong thing) you will get written up, and treated like you are the dumbest creature on earth. The managers do not have advanced certificates like ACLS yet, will criticize the nurses if they don't have it. You have to spend 40 dollars on gas, and 2 hours on the road, and you only get paid for one hour. Just one hour. And they tell you that that is fair. They are always looking and hiring not because it is a great company but because there is so much turn over. They always have tons of positions open , because they treat nurses badly, and people are always quitting. This is a business. They expect you to be the best nurse in the world with no training , yet they treat you like you have an IQ of 10. The managers are very demeaning, and will literally tell you they are demeaning you. They treat all NON nursing staff , like telephone service people, very well with food, gifts, cattering, parties, goodies and cakes. But for nurses, absolutely nothing. In fact, they hate the nurses so much they will even keep nurses out of parties because they don't want the – more... nurses to enjoy the goodies. They will also lie to you, and also the office staff WILL talk behind your back. They gossip about nurses in the evening after work, and the next day you wonder why the telephone staff is looking at you like you have a problem. And for all the work that you put into the company , they will never give the nurses any benefits. No nothing. The managers talk about no bullying, but the managers are the ones that do the bullying, so who are you supposed to report the bullying to. Managers will and will demean you for you to turn up at someones house that is 6 hours away, and you will only get paid for one hour. This is bayshore. This is how they make a profit. They pay the nurse little but get paid a lot by the client. So they take the profit. All the money goes to the directors for their very expensive parties where nurses are treated like dirt so they leave early in the party. The cattering is first class. They could have used that money on even slight benefits for the nurses that work so hard, driving the cold and dark , trying to reach some client. – less
Good clients, poor management.
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee), FrederictonOctober 5, 2014
Loved the clients I had, but management cut corners and were not supportive of their staff.
Enjoy working as a PSW
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONSeptember 25, 2014
A typical day at work is very interesting because you are working in your preferred environment and clientele, you are able to learn a lot of new things in the community as a result of different situations you come across. Co workers are very helpful to each other given feedback.

1 2 3 4 5

About Bayshore Home Health

Bayshore Home Health has been enhancing the quality of life, well-being, dignity and independence of Canadians since 1966. Canadian – Read more

Bayshore Home Health Photos