Bayshore Home Health

Bayshore Home Health Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
The best place to work at!
Evening Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 15, 2016
Management and staff are very nice. Working in the Admin. is the best work I had so far. I know there is a room for advancement with the company. I love working with my Manager who I keep learning from each day I work.
WORST CARE PROVIDER EVER
client (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCDecember 5, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Bad managment
I do not work here but we have Bayshore as a care provider for a family member via our Health services. Let me tell you this... All the 20 PSW's we get have absolutely nothing positive to say about this company. I listen to them almost everyday complaining about the horrendous company culture. It makes me sick that a company treats their employees so bad. I won't go into major detail but I'll just tell you that the main issue starts at the top with upper management and trickles down.

The main culprit is horrible management and senior administrators who rule the office with an iron fist. These people have been working here way too long and NEED to go. They contribute to the low morale and negativity. Be nice to them or they will adjust your hours or shifts as they please. If the company can acknowledge the issues and get rid of the upper 'club' I'm sure Bayshore would be a much more enjoyable place to work.

All issues / concerns brought up to management are usually disregarded. Even as a client, certain records are not logged!! As if nothing happened and they have no knowledge of it!!

Bayshore has an extremely high turn over rate. PSW's come and go every month!! Right here this says a lot about Bayshore.
Flexible hours
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee), Havelock-Belmont-Methuen, ONMarch 28, 2016
Great clients and lots of hours available. Friendly management. Lots of travel involved however and compensation is low. Great job for new graduates.
good place to work
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee), Bayshore Home Health WindsorAugust 24, 2015
Pros: personally rewarding
Cons: long hours/non-supportive management
I had the opportunity to work doing personal home-care out in the community and also in a palliative care setting for several years. I learned enormous amount of medical information. The position was very rewarding on a personal level.
Most of my co-workers were excellent. Always a few bad seeds in any basket of apples but you learn to deal with it. Unfortunately management was not very supportive. Although it was stated about an open door policy, that was certainly not experienced.
Hardest part was leaving my patients at the end of the day.
great spirited
Personal supportworker (Former Employee), London, ONFebruary 26, 2016
loved working here they make the staff feel like family and always make extra training available.
the staff and management went out of their way to ensure the resident and staff are all satisfied. this company truly cares about their residence quality of living as independent as possible. I feel that they do more things for the residence that most home care agencies do and that's why I loved working for them,
flexible hours
Home Care Aide/ Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee), Surrey, BCMarch 17, 2016
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: not enough hours for me
BayShore Home Health is a professional company that gave me the privilege to interact with different clients and cater to their physical and health needs. The management made sure that all aspects of the job are acceptable to ensure the safety of both the clients and the workers.
Very Poor Management
Client Service Coordinator-Nursing (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 19, 2016
Pros: Nice co-workers
Cons: Poor training, bullying
The coworkers is the best part of the working environment, but the management really sucks. New employees were not given proper training. Some supervisors are very moody and rude. Ongoing bullying is being tolerated by the management. They don't give quality patient care.
Scheduling seems quite unrealistic
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee), Kitchener-Waterloo, ONJanuary 20, 2016
Pros: Poor Wages, unorganized and scheduling is not realistic
Scheduling is unrealistic at the amount of time needed for travel.. Expected to get from Wellesley to Maryhill in 15 minutes, between a six hour shift leaving no time for even a quick lunch.
I waited at a home for 45 minutes and no one ever came to door, I had notified supervisor 10 minutes in and she had asked me to wait, only to tell me I would not be paid for the hour after waiting there for 45 minutes.
productive
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONMarch 2, 2016
A typical day at work is exhausted, happy. I learned a lot for all the clients that I have they have different behavior and mood swing. They are all friendly and approachable. Dealing with dementia residents and the residents that can't find the happy place for them to live. Most of the resident in he facility said this is not my home. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I help people who are inneed of my help.
Bayshore Home Health
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCNovember 4, 2015
Pros: The variety of clients with various needs, so was able to use all the skills I learned in school in real world applications.
Cons: I was given the most difficult cases, they knew I would be able to handle them, that in turn burned me out.
It was the first job that allowed me to use my HCA skills and I was able to do a variety of jobs that are possible in that field. I did private home care which included light house keeping and cooking. Companionship was a huge part of the job. I also did medical escorts and went into long term care facilities to do companionship clients. I worked with the elderly by helping them do day to day activities and other clients had acquired brain injuries. The variety of clients I saw really gave me a lot of experience in the spectrum of HCA field
I
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee), Sarnia, ONAugust 13, 2015
Pros: elect to work
Cons: long hours
I'm going to say the hardest part of the job would be saying good-bye, wether it be they have passed on or just not needing our services.. The most enjoyable is starting my day out with a smile and receiving one back, makes me feel as tho I'm in the profession. i work with a great group of women who are always there to pitch in and work as a team when others are off. i love my job with working with elderly and altho some clients are not elderly it still feels great to b able to help in any way i can
The team was awesome
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 11, 2015
Pros: people that work here are amazing
Cons: supervisor in the call centre department was unorganized, unstable, and overwhelmed new employees during the 1st day training
The only part I enjoyed working at this company were the co-workers, we all helped each other out like a team, the only negative was the supervisor of the call centre department. She'd review the team and nip pick on everyone for the littlest things, but no one would review her performance.
Professional and ethical place to work
Health Care Aide (Current Employee), Red Deer, ABMarch 15, 2016
Pros: Supportive team
Cons: Working alone
Since I have started with Bayshore, I have felt supported by Bayshore on every level. I have appreciated the acknowledgement for a job well done.
friendly staff
Personal Support Worker (Part-time) (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 27, 2015
Pros: travel is paid for
Cons: not enough client sometimes
Very supportive Management and the most exciting part is they help you grow and enhance your skills through education.
home care
Home Support Worker (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 8, 2016
Pros: get to work anywhere you like in the lower mainland
Cons: dont get paid to travel from client to client
love working with them, but they dont give me many hours, and they dont pay their workers a travel rate to go from client to client,
Client service coordinator ( Nursing)
nursing coordinator (Former Employee), GTASeptember 2, 2015
Pros: Former nursing coordinatory
Cons: rude manager and unwelcoming env
I was hired as a nursing coordinator. They have the worst training program in the planet. unwelcoming environment. Most of the nursing coordinators are rude, non compassionate, gossipy etc. I never imagine that the healthcare provider could be this much rude in their services. They don't care about the clients, even the employees. When they hire they look for compassionate person but then they wanted them to be rude both in office and also with the clients/nurse. I was literally shocked to discover that this kind of organization could exist in CA. I would never recommend anybody to work for this organization even you are desperate. They will give you lot of pain
Great for starting out as Health Care Aide
Health Care Aide (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 11, 2015
Promised a full time job - as soon as hired, the job was unavailable.
Not as stable as I needed.
Other health care aide's were amazing; always there to offer help
Always had someone to call for direct help or questions
Terrible
Health Care Aide (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 19, 2015
Cons: EVERYTHING
A typical day at work - 500 calls from office begging you to take more clients. Higher ups tell you to learn to say no once in a while but the CSC's never take NO as an answer.
Management - was awful. You have to go through 5 different people to leave a voicemail to get an answer MAYBE 2 weeks later. (If at all.)
Co-workers - I met maybe 2 other HCA's... we had the same view on this place...
Hardest part of the job - The office doesn't give 2 craps about clients, I DO. You can call with a concern and it gets swept under the rug. The turnover rate is ridiculous, my CSC would tell me every other day that they hired like 10 new people and then the next day - 'Oh, two people quit on me today'. Obviously something is wrong if people quit right away. The ONLY reason I stayed for as long as I did, is that I was terrified of the care my clients (who I had come to care for, obviously) would receive if I was no longer their caregiver.
The OFFICE staff will generally say they love their jobs and management is great, but they ALL treat FIELD STAFF LIKE DIRT.

Bayshore will hire anyone and work you into the ground, and give ZERO recognition. If you are passionate about what you do... DO NOT WORK HERE
fun and fulfilling
Health Care Worker/CHW (Current Employee), Burnaby BCOctober 16, 2015
Pros: paid milleage and 19.85 min/hr
Cons: casual and not enough hours to support my family
I enjoy working with my clients, I talk to them and laugh with them assisting them with their daily needs. I drove to their home and assist with bathing, feeding, toileting, peri-care, oral care, dressing, helping with their laundry, giving medication.
Great Place to Work
Community Practical Nurse (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONNovember 30, 2015
Bayshore Home Health is a great place to work! Kind, hard working, thoughtful and caring staff are employed at Bayshore Home Health.