Bayshore Home Health Employee Reviews

Meeting new people and assisting them with everyday needs
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON29 October 2016
checking your work schedule
assisting clients with daily activities either in a community setting or retirement setting
i learn something new everyday about new clients or regular clients
management isn't at the best at the moment it used to be better
my co workers are great very friendly and talkative also supportive
the hardest part of the job is when a client no longer needs support or moves into a facility where they can receive additional support that cannot be provided where they are
meeting and interacting with new people on a daily basis
Productive and fun Workplace
Personal Support Worker (PSW) (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON9 October 2016
I learned all about different sorts of culture and religions.
My Co-Workers were awesome and easy to work with when it came to working as a team.
The hardest part about my job was the transferring of clients from like wheelchair to bed or from the toilet to the wheelchair.
The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to provide the proper companionship to my clients and being able to make their day.
Pros
Breaks in between clients
No hours for you
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 September 2016
What a horrible company it is! I have got hired for more than 9 months as a part time RPN; the recruiter confidently guaranteed this job could be a steady part time job with at least 16 hrs per week. Two weeks after signing the contract the Toronto office gave me a call, saying I would be a casual nurse and refusing to tell me the reason for the sudden decision. For this reason I have had absolutely no shifts to do since I got hired. The most ridiculous thing is that they still want you to give them a 40-hour/wk availability.

Don't even bother to apply for this sucky company; you won't get even a single shift anyway.
Pros
Cons
No Hours for You
Learned the ability to multitask.
Client Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC7 November 2016
Working at Bayshore Home Health as a Service Client Coordinator, I have demonstrated courteous telephone skills and professional written and oral communications skills. I possess extensive experience in providing clerical duties such as assisting nursing staffs, discharging duties, medical records, and patient admissions.
Good place to work if you don't want to be appreciated
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON24 August 2016
I worked a number of years for this company and the only thing I got was used. Skills and talents are taken advantage of, favours and going above and beyond mean nothing to them in the end. It's all about the bottom line and the money they can make. Co-workers were great, management a joke.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Management, lack of appreciation, lack of support and accountability, clear divide between employees and management
Rewarding and an awesome setting to practice new skills.
Community Health Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC14 August 2016
If you thrive working on your own and love independence then Home Support is the way to go. Gives you the atmosphere to learn how to assess clients, as well as the responsibility of being the front line in caregiving. These patients rely on you to be your top game and relay information to the nurses or emergency services to provide them with appropriate level of care. You have to be able to assess as professionally as a nurse and are given LPN like tasks at times after training. You also have to be able to document like an LPN and phone the RN when necessary.
Pros
Independance
Cons
time restraints when travelling between houses
Great staff and clients, poor management.
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON1 August 2016
Busy, lots of hours, good benefits (even for part time), great co-workers and clients.
Management only cares about themselves, will bully to get their way...changes the policies/rules on "elect to work", expects staff to sit around and be available for work all the time with no compensation for being on call. No seniority in the company (new staff may be offered more hours and better positions to keep them happy). Management does not listen to requests of nurses. Time off requests are denied majority of time and/or given a hard time.
Pros
Lots of hours, good benefits
Cons
Poor management.
Solid place to work, not much growing room
Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC17 November 2016
Bayshore is an absolutely fantastic stepping stone company if youre looking to get a job in the government health care system as a scheduler. Unfortunately, the company relies heavily on last-minute scheduling practices and this creates a huge deficit on their customer service ranks. As well, the care workers being scheduled are heavily relied on seniority, and certain areas in the lower mainland just don't call for the workers that the company is hiring; leaving them to pick up whatever scraps they can grab. If you're looking for a company to get you into the health-care industry, you've found the right place. However, do not look into staying here long term.
Pros
Solid management, lots of hours in the office, energetic environment, wonderful learning experience
Cons
Salary is stagnant, care-workers treated unfair, no growing room within the company
Not enough work for full time work.
Hospital Ward Clerk (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS8 October 2016
When I did have a shift as a Ward Clerk, or a Patient Care
Attendant the work was often difficult, but gratifying.
However, the downfall with this particular employer, shifts were
often cancelled at the last minute. Could not make ends meat.
Pros
Cons
shifts being cancelled at the last minute/
People working are overworked and underpaid.
Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 October 2016
Good group insurance benefits. Salary is not good. Position held was not the actual job description as responsibilities keeps piling up with no raise in wages and no incentives.
Pros
group insurance benefits
Cons
over-tasking
Staff very friendly, lots of Events
Pharmacist Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 July 2016
Answer incoming calls, intake new patient inquiries, transfer to branch. Very repetitive, not challenging enough. Answer incoming chats and answer emails for new inquiries. Work independently Call Centre Manager is awesome, she is really easy to talk too and will listen to issues you are having.
Pros
Staff is great
Professional
Personal Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 November 2016
I am a current employee. The biggest difference between Bayshore and other places I have worked is that management is professional. Far better place to work than in public healthcare.
Pros
Excellent people management, great supervisors
Cons
Lower pay
Great place to work at
Client Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 September 2016
Bayshore Home Health is a service provider for Alberta Health Services. It gave me a platform to sharpen my skills and also provided the opportunity for further growth. I enjoy working with all the amazing staff we have at Bayshore.
I loved working for this company
PCW (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS13 November 2016
The company is great, they gave me the hours I loved to have.It was a full time predictable steady job. The Higher ups where great at what they did and provided excellent training
Pros
Love it
Cons
There where none
Bayshore Healthcare
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 July 2016
My experience with Bayshore was a good one, staff was great, they are reliable. lots of clients to work with in the community,some challenging, but overall the experience was good. i will work for them again
RPN visiting Nurse
RPN Community Visiting Program/ACC Clinic Nurse (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON22 June 2016
Have learned great time management
Critical thinking skills
Independence
Facilitation of services to support and benefit patients and families. However limited resources due to tight budgets
Pros
Patients
Cons
non
my preview is that this company is more about the business than the compassion and care of our clients. I have been doing my job for over 30 yrs and I
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 July 2016
My day starts with evening meals and medication until 6:30,when it is time to do tuck ins.In that there are safty checks, tuck in are asst, undressing wash ups oral care,and HS medications if required,I learn each day as clients change for the better or worst,that each are so very different.Management well there could be some improvment in my eyes seems to be to many and not all seems to know what the other is doing.For the most part I really dont see or work with my coworkers and when we do its nice to see and work with them.The hardest part of my job is when one of our clients pass away. Since we grow close over time its some times hard to let go. My clients and residents have always been the joy of my job, watching them recover from illnesses or watching wounds heal watching them light up when they see us walk in the door these thing are the best part of the job.
Pros
there are none like your example
Cons
there are none
exciting and fun
updates every week
great benefits
celebrated Christmas, easter, holloween, thanksgiving,
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS3 August 2016
Bayshore Home Health offers great learning opportunities for nurses, staff and management are very supportive, As a casual nurse, I have the ability to pick shifts to my schedule
bayshore
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  London, ON13 July 2016
Good company to work for with lots of variety. Pays well. Hours are hit and miss!! Staff is good and flexible with your personal schedule.
Pros
flexible
Cons
not alot of hours

2.8