Bayshore Home Health is currently seeking Registered Nurses for the White Rock, Vancouver, and New Westminster Infusion Clinics.
The infusion clinic nurse, under the direction of the immediate Supervisor, establishes, monitors, and delivers nursing care to clients as directed by the nursing care plan and in accordance with all required internal and external professional practice standars. As required, s/he provides support and direction to Licensed/Registered Practical Nurses and unlicensed staff invovled in direct client care.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Arrange and/or provide client care by utilizing the skills of observation, assessment, nursing diagnosis, counselling and health teaching; report any unusual cicumstances to the branch office or to the immediate supervisor.
- Develop and review nursing care plans that are individualized to each client.
- Provide care according to the established care plan ensuring that, on an ongoing basis, the emotional, spiritual, physical comfort and safety of clients are met to the greatest possible extent; care must be within the scope of practice of a Registered Nurse.
- Perform routine nursing duties in accordance with company policies and procedures and Standards of Nursing Practice as defined by the provincial regulating body; perform specialized nursing procedures for which recognized training and current competency can be demonstrated.
- Perform specialized nursing procedures for which recognized training and current competency have been completed.
- Observe and document client conditions according to Bayshore Home Health standards.
- Receive and transcribe physician's orders.
- Provide direction, support and delegation to Licensed/Registered Nurses and unlicensed Field employees as appropriate.
- Understands and implements infection prevention practices.
- Participate in ongoing internal and/or external continuing education activities.
- Adhere to Bayshore Policies and Procedures.
- Participate in quality activities and continuous improvement initiatives in keeping with the company's Quality Management System.
- Participates in proactive Health & Safety activities while performing all duties. Is responsible to notify immediate Supervisor of any Health & Safety risks or concerns.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and corporate information and discusses same only with appropriate Bayshore personnel.
- Complete other tasks as requested.
- Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing and current registration with the provincial licensing body.
- Candidate must be an RN in order to work in the infusion clinic.
- At least two years of recent experience, preferably in a hospital setting; ICU and/or ER will be seen as an asset.
- New grads may be considered for hire on an individual basis, providing they meet all other hiring criteria and that a mentorship program is implemented and taht the new grad is closely supervised.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Proven IV skills that include PIVs, CVADs and PICC lines.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to handle difficult situations in an objective consistent format.
- Ability to work independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Able to stand, bend, squat, kneel and reach freely.
- Able to freely lift 23 kilograms.
- Able to assist clients with standing, walking and sitting if needed.
- Able to read and interpret technical instructions related to client care.
- Able to visually and auditorially observe and assess clients.
- Able to travel locally from assignment to assignment.
- Evidence of current CPR certification.
- Valid driver's license.
- Experience with reading ECGs.
- Experience administering chemotherapy or willingness to learn more about oncology is important.
- ACLS / BCLS certification.
- Excellent IV skills
- RN's with a strong acute care / ambulatory care / ICU or ER background preferred.
Must be available daytime from Monday to Friday with some weekend work.
Please put "Infusion RN" in the subject line of your email