Bayshore Home Health is currently seeking Community Health Care Workers in Terrace, BC.
You must be available to work flexible on call casual shifts: morning, evening or overnight.
This is a "casual" position. FLEXIBILITY IS KEY.
You MUST have a VEHICLE for this role as well as a clear completed TB test done within the last six months and a clean criminal record check for the vulnerable sector VS done within the last twelve months. Registration with the BC Care Aide Registry is mandatory for all applicants.
- Provide personal care service according to directions on the established care plan or assignment
sheet, and ensure that, on an ongoing basis, the emotional, spiritual, physical comfort and safety of clients are met to the greatest possible extent
- Provide personal care that is within the provincial scope of practice for a Personal Support
Worker; duties may include skin care, hair care, mouth care, bathing, bowel and bladder care,
positioning and movement, exercise, basic wound care, feeding including special diets, and
assistance with oxygen administration and medication reminder
- Perform specialized, client specific procedures for which recognized training and current
competency can be demonstrated
- Observe and document client conditions according to company standards; report unusual events or changes in the client's condition to the immediate Supervisor or to the Office
- Understands and implements infection prevention practices.
- Participate in ongoing internal and/or external continuing education activities
- Adhere to companies Policies and Procedures.
- Participate in quality activities and continuous improvement initiatives in keeping with the
company's Quality Management System
- Participates in proactive Health & Safety activities while performing all duties. Is responsible to
notify immediate Supervisor of any Health & Safety risks or concerns.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and corporate information and discusses same only
with appropriate personnel
- Complete other tasks as requested
- Please note the area you are applying to on the subject line of the email *