Community Health Workers - Vehicle Required
Bayshore Home Health is currently seeking Community Health Care Workers in the Vancouver North area.
You must be available to work flexible a SPLIT shift in the AM and PM
Availability required: 8AM--12PM & 6PM--10 PM, must be available on weekends.
Some heavy lifting might be required for this position.
This is a "casual", on-call position. FLEXIBILITY IS KEY.
- Must speak Cantonese and Mandarin fluently.
- VEHICLE for this role as well as
- Clear TB test done within the last six months
- Clean criminal record check for the vulnerable sector done within the last six months
- Registration with the BC Care Aide Registry is mandatory for all applicants.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs comfortably and safely
- Provide personal care service according to directions on the established care plan or assignment sheet, and ensure that, on an ongoing basis, the emotional, spiritual, physical comfort and safety of clients are met to the greatest possible extent
- Provide personal care that is within the provincial scope of practice for a Personal Support Worker; duties may include skin care, hair care, mouth care, bathing, bowel and bladder care, positioning and movement, exercise, basic wound care, feeding including special diets, and assistance with oxygen administration and medication reminder
- Perform specialized, client specific procedures for which recognized training and current competency can be demonstrated
- Observe and document client conditions according to company standards; report unusual events or changes in the client's condition to the immediate Supervisor or to the Office
- Understands and implements infection prevention practices.
- Participate in ongoing internal and/or external continuing education activities
- Adhere to companies Policies and Procedures.
- Participate in quality activities and continuous improvement initiatives in keeping with the company's Quality Management System
- Participates in proactive Health & Safety activities while performing all duties. Is responsible to notify immediate Supervisor of any Health & Safety risks or concerns.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and corporate information and discusses same only
with appropriate personnel
- Complete other tasks as requested
**Please include "Vancouver North CHW" in the subject line**