Bayshore HealthCare Employee Reviews

No hours for you
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 September 2016
What a horrible company it is! I have got hired for more than 9 months as a part time RPN; the recruiter confidently guaranteed this job could be a steady part time job with at least 16 hrs per week. Two weeks after signing the contract the Toronto office gave me a call, saying I would be a casual nurse and refusing to tell me the reason for the sudden decision. For this reason I have had absolutely no shifts to do since I got hired. The most ridiculous thing is that they still want you to give them a 40-hour/wk availability.

Don't even bother to apply for this sucky company; you won't get even a single shift anyway.
Pros
Cons
No Hours for You
Great place to work at
Client Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 September 2016
Bayshore Home Health is a service provider for Alberta Health Services. It gave me a platform to sharpen my skills and also provided the opportunity for further growth. I enjoy working with all the amazing staff we have at Bayshore.
Good place to work if you don't want to be appreciated
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON24 August 2016
I worked a number of years for this company and the only thing I got was used. Skills and talents are taken advantage of, favours and going above and beyond mean nothing to them in the end. It's all about the bottom line and the money they can make. Co-workers were great, management a joke.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Management, lack of appreciation, lack of support and accountability, clear divide between employees and management
Rewarding and an awesome setting to practice new skills.
Community Health Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC14 August 2016
If you thrive working on your own and love independence then Home Support is the way to go. Gives you the atmosphere to learn how to assess clients, as well as the responsibility of being the front line in caregiving. These patients rely on you to be your top game and relay information to the nurses or emergency services to provide them with appropriate level of care. You have to be able to assess as professionally as a nurse and are given LPN like tasks at times after training. You also have to be able to document like an LPN and phone the RN when necessary.
Pros
Independance
Cons
time restraints when travelling between houses
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS3 August 2016
Bayshore Home Health offers great learning opportunities for nurses, staff and management are very supportive, As a casual nurse, I have the ability to pick shifts to my schedule
Great staff and clients, poor management.
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON1 August 2016
Busy, lots of hours, good benefits (even for part time), great co-workers and clients.
Management only cares about themselves, will bully to get their way...changes the policies/rules on "elect to work", expects staff to sit around and be available for work all the time with no compensation for being on call. No seniority in the company (new staff may be offered more hours and better positions to keep them happy). Management does not listen to requests of nurses. Time off requests are denied majority of time and/or given a hard time.
Pros
Lots of hours, good benefits
Cons
Poor management.
Bayshore Healthcare
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 July 2016
My experience with Bayshore was a good one, staff was great, they are reliable. lots of clients to work with in the community,some challenging, but overall the experience was good. i will work for them again
my preview is that this company is more about the business than the compassion and care of our clients. I have been doing my job for over 30 yrs and I
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 July 2016
My day starts with evening meals and medication until 6:30,when it is time to do tuck ins.In that there are safty checks, tuck in are asst, undressing wash ups oral care,and HS medications if required,I learn each day as clients change for the better or worst,that each are so very different.Management well there could be some improvment in my eyes seems to be to many and not all seems to know what the other is doing.For the most part I really dont see or work with my coworkers and when we do its nice to see and work with them.The hardest part of my job is when one of our clients pass away. Since we grow close over time its some times hard to let go. My clients and residents have always been the joy of my job, watching them recover from illnesses or watching wounds heal watching them light up when they see us walk in the door these thing are the best part of the job.
Pros
there are none like your example
Cons
there are none
Enjoy my job
CSC (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON13 July 2016
Overall, great place to work. Co-workers are helpful and friendly. High stress job but low stress environment. I really enjoy working for Bayshore Home Health
bayshore
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  London, ON13 July 2016
Good company to work for with lots of variety. Pays well. Hours are hit and miss!! Staff is good and flexible with your personal schedule.
Pros
flexible
Cons
not alot of hours
Staff very friendly, lots of Events
Pharmacist Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 July 2016
Answer incoming calls, intake new patient inquiries, transfer to branch. Very repetitive, not challenging enough. Answer incoming chats and answer emails for new inquiries. Work independently Call Centre Manager is awesome, she is really easy to talk too and will listen to issues you are having.
Pros
Staff is great
RPN visiting Nurse
RPN Community Visiting Program/ACC Clinic Nurse (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON22 June 2016
Have learned great time management
Critical thinking skills
Independence
Facilitation of services to support and benefit patients and families. However limited resources due to tight budgets
Pros
Patients
Cons
non
Loved my clients
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Fergus, ON7 June 2016
The office staff were excellent to deal with and were very flexible. I loved getting to know my clients on a 1 on 1 basis. Hardest part of the job is the fact that you don't earn much for mileage, found I was spending more money on gas then anything.
Pros
Personal, Flexible
Cons
Not reimbursed much for mileage
Good Job
Student Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Canada1 June 2016
Great rewarding job. It takes a lot of patience and practice but once your in the swing of things this job can change your life.
Pros
the salary
Cons
sometimes there is no garante of hours
various nursing skills and knowledge acquired during working at this company
RN (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON1 June 2016
This job provided me an excellent opportunity to learn wound care and iv skills.
I have also learn team work and collaboration for better client centered care.
no work
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS26 May 2016
Meeting new people. Love working with others. Just not enough hours. Hardest part was adjusting to new floors. Most enjoyable was seeing how others were happy to work with me.
Decent Company
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 May 2016
There were always hours available. Nurse managers were divided into two teams based on your location in the city. Buena was a very good manager. There was always someone to call whenever something came up.
Some calls involve housekeeping and others were for actual healthcare. All employees were treated with respect as part of a team.
Good
Visiting/Shift RPN (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 April 2016
Work load is managed well. Staff are sometimes underutilized and sometimes treated poorly based on personal life choices.
Good, enjoying and challenging Work
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, NB7 April 2016
* Lots of driving between Clients
* to communicate and to listen
*its one of the hardest and Challenging Jobs.
* to work with Seniors there are full of memories, Vim and Vinegar they depend on the help.
pretty good place to work for
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON28 March 2016
It will always be about the clients for me, that is why i love my job> I always look forward to my visit with my clients, i love to put a smile on there face and when they say thank you, you know they mean it.
Pros
clients
Cons
sometimes the places are pretty bad

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bayshore HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.