Bayshore HealthCare Employee Reviews

Would not Recommend
Pcw (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC10 January 2017
I would not recommend this company, at least in Kelowna. Management is scattered, schedules done up a day in advance. Do not follow through on commitments or promises. Favouritism to employees as far as hours etc. I was extremely disappointed in the lack of compassion or values etc.
More organization is required for this branch to be truly successful.
Learning experiences
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON5 January 2017
My work experiences have been great exercises in learning the skills and team work with other employees. Hours are flexible as is time off. Employees can pick up extra shifts if they wish.
Pros
exposure to wide variety of skills.
Horrible place to work
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  White Rock, BC4 January 2017
The Management is always very rude, the hours are horrible, no benefits and the wage is low. They continue to hire new staff when there is no hours for the current workers. The company only allows workers to refuse work if their hours is under 1.5 hours. There has been times where a had to work an hour at 9am and come back to work a half an hour at 1pm and even after calling in they made no effort to try and get rid of the visits or to fill in the HUGE time gap.
Pros
Cons
No hours, lower
great job if you have enough hours to sustain a quality of living
Personal Support worker (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 January 2017
I go to clients in the community so l travel a lot. I provide basic care for the client. l learn other peoples life stories and experiences .I don't see any co-workers as I work in the community. the hardest part is losing a client and regaining those hours. I love being of services and providing hope and honesty.
Pros
freedom to travel to the clients and meet different social econmical incomes
Cons
not enough hours
Great place to work at. Managers are awesome
PSW (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON21 December 2016
Great atmosphere. Managers are great as far as scheduling and dealing with issues employees have. The hours are as much as you want them to be depending on your availability.
Great company to work for.
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON15 December 2016
This is a great company to work for they will work with your schedual and family life. They have benifits for both part time and full time. This company treats you as one of the family.
Pros
Benifits for both full and part time workers
Cons
Sometimes spilt shifts
Highs and lows
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  York Region10 December 2016
There are good and bad in all companies. You get to schedule your own patient times. Paid flat rate mileage is nice. Autonomy. Director is great. High turn over in managers. Interaction with your co-workers maybe once a month.
was a good job
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  hamilton and area8 December 2016
enjoyed my job alot. Going from client to client in different settings was alot of fun, Always new challenges and new and friendly faces.
Pros
New challenges
Cons
driving
"What ever"
Community Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC7 December 2016
Working hours are not enough as casual,Client coordinator are always busy, hard to contact. co-workers some are good.Supervisors are good.The hardest part of the job is when there is the sudden change of the schedule.
Professional
Personal Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 November 2016
I am a current employee. The biggest difference between Bayshore and other places I have worked is that management is professional. Far better place to work than in public healthcare.
Pros
Excellent people management, great supervisors
Cons
Lower pay
Solid place to work, not much growing room
Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC17 November 2016
Bayshore is an absolutely fantastic stepping stone company if youre looking to get a job in the government health care system as a scheduler. Unfortunately, the company relies heavily on last-minute scheduling practices and this creates a huge deficit on their customer service ranks. As well, the care workers being scheduled are heavily relied on seniority, and certain areas in the lower mainland just don't call for the workers that the company is hiring; leaving them to pick up whatever scraps they can grab. If you're looking for a company to get you into the health-care industry, you've found the right place. However, do not look into staying here long term.
Pros
Solid management, lots of hours in the office, energetic environment, wonderful learning experience
Cons
Salary is stagnant, care-workers treated unfair, no growing room within the company
loving and caring people
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON16 November 2016
People were very loving and caring people, I had to know everyone there. I got along with many people there and I had wonderful time with every single person.
Pros
brought my own lunch
Cons
worked long hours
I loved working for this company
PCW (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS13 November 2016
The company is great, they gave me the hours I loved to have.It was a full time predictable steady job. The Higher ups where great at what they did and provided excellent training
Pros
Love it
Cons
There where none
Learned the ability to multitask.
Client Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC7 November 2016
Working at Bayshore Home Health as a Service Client Coordinator, I have demonstrated courteous telephone skills and professional written and oral communications skills. I possess extensive experience in providing clerical duties such as assisting nursing staffs, discharging duties, medical records, and patient admissions.
Bayshore is my family from home
COMMERCIAL COLLECTIONS ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 November 2016
Bayshore is a working team environment and like a family unit. Co-workers help each other. Company is fair to its employees and strives to build on superior customer service. Compassionate and caring towards our clientele.
Pros
Celebrates Canada Day with BBQ and games. Halloween is big and all departments go all out.
Cons
Month end is the busiest
Meeting new people and assisting them with everyday needs
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON29 October 2016
checking your work schedule
assisting clients with daily activities either in a community setting or retirement setting
i learn something new everyday about new clients or regular clients
management isn't at the best at the moment it used to be better
my co workers are great very friendly and talkative also supportive
the hardest part of the job is when a client no longer needs support or moves into a facility where they can receive additional support that cannot be provided where they are
meeting and interacting with new people on a daily basis
People working are overworked and underpaid.
Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 October 2016
Good group insurance benefits. Salary is not good. Position held was not the actual job description as responsibilities keeps piling up with no raise in wages and no incentives.
Pros
group insurance benefits
Cons
over-tasking
exciting and fun
great benefits
celebrated Christmas, easter, holloween, thanksgiving,
Productive and fun Workplace
Personal Support Worker (PSW) (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON9 October 2016
I learned all about different sorts of culture and religions.
My Co-Workers were awesome and easy to work with when it came to working as a team.
The hardest part about my job was the transferring of clients from like wheelchair to bed or from the toilet to the wheelchair.
The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to provide the proper companionship to my clients and being able to make their day.
Pros
Breaks in between clients
Cons
Not enough work for full time work.
Hospital Ward Clerk (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS8 October 2016
When I did have a shift as a Ward Clerk, or a Patient Care
Attendant the work was often difficult, but gratifying.
However, the downfall with this particular employer, shifts were
often cancelled at the last minute. Could not make ends meat.
Pros
Cons
shifts being cancelled at the last minute/

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bayshore HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.