Bayshore HealthCare Employee Reviews

Client Service Coordinator
Client Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON24 May 2017
My experience working for Bayshore as a Client Service Coordinator was not good. The Manager is beyond disrespectful to the Client Service Coordinators and she is currently still working there. There's a revolving door of CSC's because of how they are treated. Wages are very low, starting at just over $14 per hour and no raise until after one year, if you can handle the abuse that long. You can gain a lot of office administration experience though. It is very fast pace and stressful at times, do to the workload. After 3 months they offer a drug/med plan that you pay for depending on how much coverage you need.
Pros
You can gain office administration experience
Cons
Terrible management!
good wages.
Unit Aide (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS19 May 2017
The wages were very good. no opportunity to advance. always just a casual. negative stigma attached to being from an outside employer. Easy to get blamed for things because they think casuals don't know anything.
Ok
On-Call Client Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON11 May 2017
Ok place to work. Worked there for almost 3 and a half years. Always felt appreciated for 3 of those years. New management took over last fall and the branch has gone downhill since then.
Rewarding Job
PSW (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON8 May 2017
Going to the residences of elderly clients, performing duties including (but not limited to) bathing, feeding, laundry, housecleaning, etc. If you can put up with the more crotchety ones, a very rewarding job.
amazing company
RCA (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC7 May 2017
I started working with this company when I lived in Ontario, and the management there was amazing. Always flexible with working with my hours, never give hard time, very understanding. makes you want to work more for them and when I moved out West to Vancouver Island I got transferred and have been continuing my loyalty to this company. The management out west have been also amazing.
Worst employer to work for.
Sitter (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB6 May 2017
What else can I say... They won't help if you have any problems. every single one of them talks to you like you're garbage. First few weeks the hours are great but after that; nothing! Horrible management.
Pros
Nice Clients
Cons
Everyting else!
you get to know a lot of people
Personal Care Worker Bayshore, White Rock, BC (Former Employee) –  White Rock, BC25 April 2017
working in this company even a short period of time had given me the opportunity to be able to understand the multiculturalism aspect of care and services.
Horrible Experience
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON23 April 2017
Great clients however horrible management! Management was rarely available/supportive and would always talk down to you. Office staff would constantly call begging you to work past your availability almost every day due to lack of staff (hmm wonder why) The turnover rate for my old branch was sickening! People got hired, trained and worked less than a few months then left the company because something much better came along with less stress. The only good thing about working for this company were the clients I cared for. Even after I quit with a formal letter given to management the scheduling staff were still calling me asking me to work - just goes to show you the major lack of communication from the branch I used to work for.
Pros
my clients
Cons
managment, disorganization, lack of respect
Very rewarding career
Manager of Clinical Practice Lead (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 April 2017
One of the best places I have worked. Very innovative company. A "family" culture.
CEO is very personable and down to earth.
Highly recommend working for Bayshore Health care
Pros
many opportunities for advancement, education incentives, great bennifits
Cons
fast pace and can be stressful at times
not enough work
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON10 April 2017
Constantly hiring new nursing staff but have few shifts for current nursing staff. Many shifts are only two hours long. Good rate of pay and pleasant coworkers.
Publicly Assists the Senior Population
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON8 April 2017
The individuals working at Bayshore Home Health sincerely believe in doing all they can in assisting the elderly by setting up schedules, people's assistance ie. social work, support workers etc. Each Nurse is efficient in coming at the drop of a dime to provide medical care. Everyone from housekeeping up in personal are professional in appearance and attitude.
Lifke any company with so many staffed there are bound to be sections that need accommodation ie. refresher courses, motivational rewards, distance in the workplace from people who become friends rather than co-workers etc.
The seniors are always appreciative of the services they are supplied. Many of the people the support workers see can't wait to have someone that can do the work and do it well.
Pros
Employment and Medicines are paid
Cons
No motivational perks, if a staff is feeling good about their work that staff is quickly put down.
Love my job
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON6 April 2017
I started working for Bayshore 1year ago .great staff and managers love to see my clients smile every time I go visit them .Bayshore also treats there employees with different events through the year .The coordinators are also very happy and understanding.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
When clt move to LTC
Good company to work for
Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON3 April 2017
Happily employed at bayshore home health care. Great staff and clients. I like that the company promotes from within and feel that there is the opportunity for advancement for those who are interested. The entry wage for admin is good, but raises are based on years of service rather than performance.
Pros
Promotes from within the company; staff; management
Cons
Wage is based on years of service; long work hours
Not Recommend at all
SPOC nurse (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 March 2017
No proper training provided at all. If you ask for support,help or dare to speak up, they will throw notices at you and throw you under the wheels of the bus at any given they get not to admit their failure to manage program properly.Damned if you do, damned if you don't policy.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Very poor managment and staff support
independant
LPN (Current Employee) –  Campbell River, BC15 March 2017
Working with Bayshore requires independent working with the support of your supervisor whenever needed. A wonderful place to work. Supportive environment.
Pros
traing provided when needed
Cons
work schedules may change as clients become well
Good work place, management is unsteady
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON15 March 2017
I love working with people and I love being busy and fast paced all the while educating and providing the best care possible. Bayshore does offer a variety of nursing skills to be learned. Although if there is no work I don't work with makes me uneasy .
benefits
Cons
long driving
Flexible scheduling
RN (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON15 March 2017
Great flexible scheduling, worked independent. Team was supportive when needing support, example if a second opinion was needed on a client condition or care needs.
Pros
flexible
Cons
unpredictable income
great management and scheduling team
Registered Practical Nurse, Community Care (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON15 March 2017
great company, decent pay for new RPNs, no security when working with one on one clients, community nursing is not for everyone all depends on the clients you get to work with. All staff at bayshore have been very kind and supportive
Pros
good staff
Cons
no security for hours
good company to work with
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 March 2017
they gave more shifts that are convenient for the health care aides, i learned so many skills and knowledge through trainings they have, the management are lenient and approachable. the hardest part of the job was travelling in winter times but the most enjoyable part was being a part of the health care team and able to render professional home care to the clients who needs most.
Not Bad
Registered Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Vancouver Private13 March 2017
It's a pretty decent place to work. Not perfect though. Scheduling is been quite good compared to other organizations that I have worked at. Hrs are pretty consistant. Training is neglected though, but supervisors pretty much leave you alone. All in all I recommend Bayshore
Pros
Independent, decent scheduling
Cons
Substandard training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bayshore HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9