Bayshore HealthCare Employee Reviews

you get to know a lot of people
Personal Care Worker Bayshore, White Rock, BC (Former Employee) –  White Rock, BC25 April 2017
working in this company even a short period of time had given me the opportunity to be able to understand the multiculturalism aspect of care and services.
Horrible Experience
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON23 April 2017
Great clients however horrible management! Management was rarely available/supportive and would always talk down to you. Office staff would constantly call begging you to work past your availability almost every day due to lack of staff (hmm wonder why) The turnover rate for my old branch was sickening! People got hired, trained and worked less than a few months then left the company because something much better came along with less stress. The only good thing about working for this company were the clients I cared for. Even after I quit with a formal letter given to management the scheduling staff were still calling me asking me to work - just goes to show you the major lack of communication from the branch I used to work for.
Pros
my clients
Cons
managment, disorganization, lack of respect
Very rewarding career
Manager of Clinical Practice Lead (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 April 2017
One of the best places I have worked. Very innovative company. A "family" culture.
CEO is very personable and down to earth.
Highly recommend working for Bayshore Health care
Pros
many opportunities for advancement, education incentives, great bennifits
Cons
fast pace and can be stressful at times
not enough work
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON10 April 2017
Constantly hiring new nursing staff but have few shifts for current nursing staff. Many shifts are only two hours long. Good rate of pay and pleasant coworkers.
Publicly Assists the Senior Population
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON8 April 2017
The individuals working at Bayshore Home Health sincerely believe in doing all they can in assisting the elderly by setting up schedules, people's assistance ie. social work, support workers etc. Each Nurse is efficient in coming at the drop of a dime to provide medical care. Everyone from housekeeping up in personal are professional in appearance and attitude.
Lifke any company with so many staffed there are bound to be sections that need accommodation ie. refresher courses, motivational rewards, distance in the workplace from people who become friends rather than co-workers etc.
The seniors are always appreciative of the services they are supplied. Many of the people the support workers see can't wait to have someone that can do the work and do it well.
Pros
Employment and Medicines are paid
Cons
No motivational perks, if a staff is feeling good about their work that staff is quickly put down.
Love my job
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON6 April 2017
I started working for Bayshore 1year ago .great staff and managers love to see my clients smile every time I go visit them .Bayshore also treats there employees with different events through the year .The coordinators are also very happy and understanding.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
When clt move to LTC
Good company to work for
Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON3 April 2017
Happily employed at bayshore home health care. Great staff and clients. I like that the company promotes from within and feel that there is the opportunity for advancement for those who are interested. The entry wage for admin is good, but raises are based on years of service rather than performance.
Pros
Promotes from within the company; staff; management
Cons
Wage is based on years of service; long work hours
Not Recommend at all
SPOC nurse (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 March 2017
No proper training provided at all. If you ask for support,help or dare to speak up, they will throw notices at you and throw you under the wheels of the bus at any given they get not to admit their failure to manage program properly.Damned if you do, damned if you don't policy.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Very poor managment and staff support
independant
LPN (Current Employee) –  Campbell River, BC15 March 2017
Working with Bayshore requires independent working with the support of your supervisor whenever needed. A wonderful place to work. Supportive environment.
Pros
traing provided when needed
Cons
work schedules may change as clients become well
Good work place, management is unsteady
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON15 March 2017
I love working with people and I love being busy and fast paced all the while educating and providing the best care possible. Bayshore does offer a variety of nursing skills to be learned. Although if there is no work I don't work with makes me uneasy .
benefits
Cons
long driving
Flexible scheduling
RN (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON15 March 2017
Great flexible scheduling, worked independent. Team was supportive when needing support, example if a second opinion was needed on a client condition or care needs.
Pros
flexible
Cons
unpredictable income
great management and scheduling team
Registered Practical Nurse, Community Care (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON15 March 2017
great company, decent pay for new RPNs, no security when working with one on one clients, community nursing is not for everyone all depends on the clients you get to work with. All staff at bayshore have been very kind and supportive
Pros
good staff
Cons
no security for hours
good company to work with
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 March 2017
they gave more shifts that are convenient for the health care aides, i learned so many skills and knowledge through trainings they have, the management are lenient and approachable. the hardest part of the job was travelling in winter times but the most enjoyable part was being a part of the health care team and able to render professional home care to the clients who needs most.
Not Bad
Registered Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Vancouver Private13 March 2017
It's a pretty decent place to work. Not perfect though. Scheduling is been quite good compared to other organizations that I have worked at. Hrs are pretty consistant. Training is neglected though, but supervisors pretty much leave you alone. All in all I recommend Bayshore
Pros
Independent, decent scheduling
Cons
Substandard training
Wow amazing weather!
PSW (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON10 March 2017
Starting my sun shining day happy, I get to go to a busy multi-cultural environment helping and assisting others with their needs. A great feeling to help others! Residents/clients/patients are depending on us to make their illness better by relieving stress, a moment of happiness, relieved! On my breaks I take residents outside for walks volunteering my time with them. I've learned if you go the extra mile, you can make a difference in someone's life. A rewarding feeling. Taking risks involving Management is so worth it cause you have a voice. Respect is demanded in all areas of the organizations. Management is always their for encouragement, and motivate us to improve in areas needed to be the best. Its an open door policy that allows us to express any concerns at the same time rectify any issues. They are our leader's that we follow. These organizations are a multi-cultural based personnel. Learning other cultures can be exciting but understanding is the key. Listening skills are so important in retaining information with every aspect of the organization. Communication in written or verbal is the key to success. Hardship happens when you loose a friend when your off work and come the next shift and they passed. It's almost impossible not to care. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting people and seeing families happy. I feel that I have learned a lot working and gained vital skills and competencies. Working in the community is a challenge but indifference is good. Change is a positive thing not a negative one! Makes you stronger.
Pros
Pick your own hours
Cons
Deaths
Good experience
PSW, RPN(new) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 March 2017
A good working environment, management is great to work with. Shifts are not enough, and mostly too short. Have not been given any nursing assignments.
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 March 2017
Enjoyed my time. People were awesome to deal with. Managers were always helpful and people in other branches were great. I would definitely recommend.
Productive and enjoyable workplace.
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON5 March 2017
I enjoy going to work everyday to see my clients. The best part of my job is them seeing me with smile on their faces. The hardest part of my job is the end of life, which no one takes easy.
Beware after 3 months
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB1 March 2017
After first being hired, be ready to have lots of hours. However, after three months, be ready for your hours to start getting slashed. Management, at first, seem to be very supportive of their staff. However, you learn real fast that they will take the word of clients, and act against the employee very quickly. There is no job security here. You will be dropped in a heartbeat, with no looking back, if they think it will appease their clients.
Pros
Most patients/clients are amazing
Cons
Too many to list.
listen music , share lunch , playing cards
Phlebotomist for the Ontario Health Study's (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 March 2017
To work as phlebotomist in a lab , I always be polite with the patients. Follow all hygienic and proper precaution during blood draw. I try to advanced venipunture skills.
sometime feels difficulty with child and elderly patients . but i love it..on that take supervisor helps.most enjoyable of my jobs is when i finish every in on time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bayshore HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.