Bayshore HealthCare Employee Review

View all Bayshore HealthCare reviews

stay away from it do yourself a favor
psw (Former Employee) –  Hamilton4 December 2013
– April 1, 2013 Worst employer ever. Lots of after hour work you are not compensated for, pay for your own cell phone and calls,no pension plan, no education fund,poor mileage (told to make up the difference on your taxes), poor pay overall, including call time. They like to say they are all about the clients, but they are not.Toxic work environment. Find another employer....a lot of years I won't get back and not even a thank you when I left. Sad.

KTSD – June 27, 2013 I don't think the owner really knows what is going on at this branch. The nepotism and favouritism is unreal. I think the nsc HR needs to take a close look at why there is so much turnover/firings. Blatant harassment that is not discussed, a blind eye is turned. There is silent bullying (dirty looks, restriction, seclusion) Toxic environment. Low morale. Felt physically and emotionally sick the entire time I worked there.

AN I second all these comments. I will add that there is lack of management and as soon as they are involved the nepotism and retaliation kicks in. Its awful. It is against the law to threaten intimidate, and retaliate against a casual worker. but they do it and get away with it. They even make up situations so they don't have to visit a difficult client, ie cover their own butts.. It used to be good but they care more about the CCAC contract then their clients needs or their psws. I watched it evolve into a bs situation to work for. When the CCAC contract was awarded I thought to myself oh here it comes wait for it. It used to be a great place to work for, sad.
Morale with
  more... the front line workers used to be great, its awful now, stay far away from this company for psw work.  less
Pros
Cons
everything

Other Bayshore HealthCare Employee Reviews

I really enjoyed as a community nurse,
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON21 January 2018
My experience working at Chatham location.
I loved visiting patients in their homes, using all my RPN skills, training was great, IV administration, wound care, 3M, palliative care, vac dressings , communicating with physicians, CCAC/ lhin, etc.
As for the office, it is all family, they bully field staff, they do not support field staff nurses, heaven for bid do not over work yourself and ask for help, as they do not offer help, they make it very difficult and very uncomfortable settings, they will set you up for failure, they supply you with work tools that do not work so you are unable to do your work efficiently. Then they will threaten your licence. I went out of my zone to help , work very long hours , bent over backwards for this company, to be treated badly . You will not have a life if you work for this company.

Good luck.
Pros
training
Cons
family, no support, unperfessional office staff. and bulling
Flexible hours, good staff
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON19 January 2018
I loved working for Bayshore, it was flexible in that you could choose what hours you wanted to work. I miss meeting and taking care of new people. Always can pick up more hours.
Pros
Flexible schedule, autonomous work environment
Cons
pay and benefits are lacking

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bayshore HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9