Bayer Employee Reviews

Not the easiest company to work for
Technician (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK9 September 2016
I only worked there for a year with no possibility of extension so basically no job security. I found it difficult to meet new people in different work groups due to a clicky environment. The people that were nice were very helpful or somewhat accepting. Different work areas were given preferential treatment so that caused riffs among people at the company. There was definitely a lack of training provided by staff members either because they were too busy or it wasn't worth their time considering they were training short term contracts. Strong management was also lacking in both GH and Lab groups which caused poor morale. Contract positions were not valued to the same extent as permanent staff. I found that there was also poor communication within a work group as well as between work groups.
Pros
Many staff lunches and events
Cons
Work group pettiness and favoritism. Poor communication overall within breeding station.
Bayer is a world-class innovation company in the life science businesses
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Gulf- UAE13 October 2016
Bayer is an innovation company with a more than 150-year history and core competencies in the fields of health care and agriculture. We develop new molecules for use in innovative products and solutions to improve the health of humans, animals and plants. Our research and development activities are based on a profound understanding of the biochemical processes in living organisms.
Pros
Flexitime with secured job.
Cons
career developments need to be organized to include all the employees functions
Technically advanced. Improving work environment following aquisition
Safety Specialist/Supervisor Central Safety (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON24 May 2016
I found the people at Bayer to be very knowledgeable and passionate. Being located in a small city workers and management are more focused on getting work done and good relations than any politics.

The huge size of the plants and many processes provided a fun and interesting challenge.

I arrived following the acquisition and could feel the unrest because of the change. At that time Bayer was engaged in several great initiatives to reduce expenses while developing employees such as cross trade training.

I experienced Bayer's safety program to be miles ahead of many service construction companies and to be more aligned with best-in-class oil companies.

It was a great experience.
Pros
Technically superior.
Cons
Cannot think of any
Excellent company to work for, good experience gained
Traits Development Summer Student (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK7 January 2016
-We worked outside most days, weather permitting. Duties included seed set up, seeding, plot tending, spraying, harvest and managing casual laborers.
-My supervisors were excellent. They never made students do something they themselves weren't willing to help with, even minor tasks like weeding plots.
-Time management was quickly acquired. Due to the nature of the job, the hours were long.
-Vehicles and lunches were provided on top of salary, which was a huge bonus.
Pros
Free lunches, student vehicles, competitive pay, excellent supervisors, advancement of knowledge of weeds and chemicals
Cons
Sometimes longer hours
Excellent work culture
Brand Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 May 2016
A very collaborative and supportive environment. The work is challenging yet fun and management has clear objectives and path way of how to get things done. I would recommend Bayer as a fantastic place to work. They also have been named as one of Canada's top employers this past year and have been consistently scored as top 100 in Canada several years in a row now.
Pros
Good work/life balance, challenging and fun atmosphere
Professional experience, great conditions
Associate Agronomist (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB16 June 2016
Bayer CropScience treats its Associate Agronomists with respect, giving us a good level of independence on he job. All associate agrnomoists work directly with a professional agronomist for the summer and really benefit from having personal guidance and accountability. Typical days start early, around 630-7am or potentially earlier, but the company acknowledges the long hours with a team building trip mid-way through the summer.
Pros
Team building trip
Productive and fun place to work
Consumer Insights Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 April 2016
Bayer is a great place to work as a student or a regular employee. They are open to al types of learners for their summer student positions, working with everyone and bringing the best out of all their employees. The gym on site is an added bonus for those that want to keep active but find it hard to fit a gym visit in their busy work weeks, and it is free for the employees, with helps with reducing costs.
Pros
great work life balance, great co-workers, gym on site
Cons
traffic, little/no public transportation
great working environment / friendly co-workers good company
Building Operator (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK18 July 2016
A typical day- review existing and new work orders and then prioritize them,review the day with supervisor.
I have learned to deal with customers in a timely matter with the customer getting priority 1 status.
I get along well with others and always like to defuse any negative issues with co-workers as to create a positive work environment.
The most enjoyable part was the new and different jobs each day presented and the completion of every demand work order and finally satisfying the customers.
I work well with little or no supervision.
Pros
flex hours
Cons
on call 24/7
Nice Company
Office administrator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 February 2016
Bayer is a great company and this was a great starting job out of university. Bayer has great benefits and job security which I value and appreciate to the utmost extent. I enjoy learning and new challenges so after 3 seasons, this job is becoming too routine and that is why I am job-searching.
Great place to learn and try new ideas
Associate Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 November 2015
Great place to work, the people are expert in their jobs, so you can learn a lot from them.
very dynamic, you need to like being in a fast paced environment.
the upper manager was always open to consider new ideas and was the culture of talk freely.
Pros
salary, flexible hours, working from home days, fridays afternoon free
Cons
work late hours
Welcoming
Library Technician (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON20 September 2016
A fun productive and people friendly work environment. Ambience is great. It allowed some flexibility in terms of work hours and had a friendly atmosphere.
Pros
People friendly
Cons
Alienation
Technical Sales Representative
Senior Technical Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fraser Valley and Okanagan24 June 2016
Developed and maintained effective relationships with Veterinary Professionals.
Strategically plan and organize the territory to maximize sales.
Productive Days
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON19 May 2016
It was high turn over because people are quitting and not enough hours for the employees.
I've learned so much from co workers
Pros
Cons
Not enough hours
High stardard business relations
Technical lab Manager (Former Employee) –  Vigo26 February 2016
If you enjoy travelling, you are a people person and enjoy reaching new goals every day this is the perfect job. Each day is a new episode there is no chance you could get bored. It's a petty the Spanish Government can't afford to pay the lab therefore most uf us had to leave the dream job.
Pros
having a life and enjoyable work pace and schedule
Cons
Working from home and working with worldwide technical support.
Senior account Mgr & technical service (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 October 2015
Too much internal report.
Training by myself with technical book.
Co worker where helpful.
Hardest part was to get management decision.
Empowerment and working independently.
Pros
technical oriented
Cons
Has changed their focus
Productive and fun work environment.
Financial Report Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 January 2016
Working at Bayer Cropscience was a great experience. The environment there was very easy going while the people working were incredibly knowledgeable and passionate about the industry. Definitely a company to work for.
Amazing Management
Q/C - SAP Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 November 2015
- One of the best companies to work for.
- Great working environment as well as amazing group of management team who have an open door concept.
- Flexible hours of work
Cons
productive and demanding work place
Research Agronomist (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK27 October 2014
I learnt to manage my time by setting priorities
Management set clear objectives and duties
Hard working co workers.
Hard part of the job is to keep up with a good quality work
Good work and family life balance
Pros
Good compensation package
Cons
Too much administration duties
Best Job
Summer Associate (Former Employee) –  Olds, AB30 September 2014
I loved my job with bayer, best job I ever had! My supervisor was the greatest, very understanding and helpful. He constantly wanted to help you in anyway he could, especially in furthering your career. I worked in research and development which taught me so many things that I still use to this day!
Pros
Free lunch, work trucks
just not cutting edge
specialty pharma (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 October 2015
- established chemical and pharmaceutical co.
- lots of various businesses therefore opportunities
- mammoth: not managing size efficiently re: synergies, efficiencies
- pit business units against each other for resources
- unable to move quickly
- not able to support innovation
- risk adverse
Pros
people focused, desire to live by their corporate values
Cons
short-term business thinking

4.2