BayBridge Senior Living is seeking passionate, hands-on people that share our values. All of our team members bring a high-level of understanding and skills related to their respective fields of expertise. However, BayBridge recognizes the importance of investing in our team's continued development and well-being. We offer continued training and development, trustworthy leadership and a comprehensive compensation package.
Our mission is to provide World Class Stewardship of the relationships entrusted to us by our residents & families, team members and business partners. Our fundamental belief is to build trust, integrity and confidence through every interaction.
- Treating every senior individually with dignity and respect.
- Engaging family, friends and the local community.
- Celebrating the gift of human life daily.
- Serving seniors with passion and joy.
By joining our team you are assuming a significant role in our common commitment in serving our residents.
The Server is responsible for all aspects of dining service, resident functions such as teas and room service, including table/tray presentation, preparation and serving of beverages and accompaniments, serving of food and cleaning of dining room, trays and dishes as required. Servers are responsible for positive
Interactions with residents and guests while serving in a friendly and efficient manner. At all times, servers are expected to be attentive to resident and guest needs ensuring they feel welcome, comfortable and relaxed.
1. Maintains proper dining experience by delivering items, fulfilling customer needs, offering desserts and drinks, removing courses, replenishing utensils, refilling glasses, etc. Carries out general cleaning duties and routines, including setting and cleaning tables and serving counters.
2. Practices and maintains established standards for cleanliness and sanitation in the kitchen and dining room at all times.
3. Cleans tables and chairs and vacuums dining room floor/carpet after each meal.
4. Changes table linens as directed.
5. Ensures condiment containers are clean and full.
6. Establishes and maintains an atmosphere conducive to resident centred, “pleasant dining” by creating an environment which maintains the enjoyment, self-respect dignity and physical safety of each resident.
7. Promotes and maintains positive communication and relationships among team members, residents and the guests.
8. Provides assistance in food preparation, dishwashing and receiving and storing of incoming food supplies, as required.
9. Keeps the Director of Culinary Services promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance and takes prompt corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative courses of action which may be taken.
10. Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner in accordance with established company policies to achieve the overall objectives of the position.
11. Ensures that the work environment is safe and healthy. Ensures that own work is carried out in accordance with applicable environmental, health and safety legislation, policies and procedures and all other legislation, policies and procedures relevant to the work.
12. Performs other related duties consistent with the duties outlined above as assigned.
- Successful completion of high school diploma
- Valid Food Handlers Certification
- Six (6) months experience in serving or dining services environment
- Canadian Food Safety Code of Practice
- Canada’s Food Guide
- WHMIS guidelines
- Hazardous Analysis & Critical Control Point guidelines (HACCP)
- General knowledge of legislative regulations and policies related to dinging services
- Applicable health and safety legislation, including the rights and duties of workers
Competencies, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work independently and/or as a member of the team
- Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with a wide variety of people
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to report resident needs through observation of their condition/behaviour
- Ability to treat residents with respect, dignity and care
- Ability to work in a flexible environment to meet the needs of the residents, including weekend and holiday coverage, as required
- Demonstrates a strong desire to serve and care for seniors
- Open, friendly and responsive
- Able to apply tact, discretion and sound judgement
- Trustworthy, courteous and professional
- Shows initiative and commitment to excellence
- Resident centred
- Valid Smart Serve Certification
- Working towards or successful completion of Food Service Worker Program from a recognized college
Job Type: Part-time