BayBridge Senior Living is seeking passionate, hands-on people that share our values. All of our team members bring a high-level of understanding and skills related to their respective fields of expertise. BayBridge recognizes the importance of investing in our team's continued development and well-being. We offer training and development, dedicated leadership and a comprehensive compensation package.
Our mission is to empower seniors to flourish by supporting mind, body and spirit through an
engaged and passionate team in a place called home. Our fundamental belief is to build trust, integrity and confidence through every interaction.
- Treating every senior individually with dignity and respect.
- Engaging family, friends and the local community.
- Celebrating the gift of human life daily.
- Serving seniors with passion and joy.
By joining our team you are assuming a significant role in our common commitment in serving our residents.
We are currently seeking a Senior Executive Director to manage retirement communities at various times and locations in Ontario. This is an exciting opportunity for a resident centred, driven leader with strong change management and relationship building abilities.
The Senior Executive Director is responsible for the operation of various senior living residences across the Ontario region and will be deployed to these locations as required. He/she provides leadership and strategic direction that results in a high level of care for all residents, including overseeing the establishment and implementation of residence priorities and programs, which align to corporate vision, goals and strategic planning initiatives.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPSONSIBILITIES
- When deployed to a particular senior living residence, leads the 24/7 operations of the residence and implements operational plans, programs and services.
- Resolves community issues in a timely manner.
- Manages human resources at the facility and directly supervises department heads.
- Manages financial resources of the facility to ensure operational effectiveness.
- Fosters and maintains a strong relationship with residents and their families.
- Provides leadership and direction in upholding the Company’s mission, vision and values.
- Builds and manages effective stakeholder and partner relationships.
- Participates as a member the Senior Management Team to provide input into corporate strategic initiatives and planning and corporate-wide service delivery policies and standards.
- Participates in operational projects as required.
- Available for extensive/frequent travel to various communities.
- Four (4) year degree in Health Sciences, Health Administration, Social Sciences or related field from a recognized university
- Five (5) years experience in senior living environment
- Three (3) years organizational management and direct leadership experience
- Leadership best practices and principles
- Principles and practices of management in complex, multi-disciplinary organization
- Principles and practices of quality management, risk management and disaster/emergency planning
- Public consultation
- Communication principles and practices in human service organizations
- Corporate values, policies and procedures
- Development and implementation of long range and short term strategies for the facility
- Trends and developments in retirement care
- Policy and program analysis, development, implementation and evaluation techniques
- Contract document preparation, the tendering process and supervision of field services
- Methods used to deal with the media in a professional manner
- Seniors’ care, aging, dementia and diversity
- Healthcare and memory care issues
- Legislative regulations and policies related to retirement care
- Changes in mobility of seniors and mechanical lifting devices
- Must be familiar with all applicable health and safety legislation, have knowledge of any potential or actual danger to health or safety in the work place and have knowledge of appropriate actions to be taken in order to ensure the health and safety of staff
Competencies, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to problem solve and resolve issues that may arise at any time in a community
- Ability to supervise staff, organize and schedule work functions and motivate a team of professional employees
- Ability to resolve contentious or sensitive issues or situations
- Ability to gather and assess program outcomes and evaluation data and use it to modify services at a facility level
- Strong oral, verbal and interpersonal communication skills; ability to develop and maintain strong, collaborative relationships
- Ability to leverage available resources in innovative ways
- Ability to prepare and administer budgets
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with a wide variety of people
- Excellent organizational, prioritizing and time management skills; ability to delegate responsibility
- Ability to participate with multi-disciplinary corporate and care teams
- Ability to treat residents with respect, dignity and care * Ability to conduct research to keep abreast of changes in retirement care management, best practices, protocols, standards, etc. and determine the need and mechanisms to incorporate required changes into operations and initiatives
- Critical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook and electronic care systems
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of resident information
- Flexible and available to travel frequently
- Trustworthy, hands-on leader
- Demonstrates a strong desire to serve and care for seniors
- Open, friendly and responsive
- Able to apply tact, discretion and sound judgement
- Empathetic, diplomatic and professional
- Reliable, innovative, resourceful and adaptable
- Shows initiative and commitment to excellence
- Client service oriented
- Demonstrates integrity, consistency and fairness
- Courses in gerontology, aging or dementia are an asset
- Experience with YARDI (electronic care system) is an asset
If you meet the above qualifications and are interested in the position, please apply online.
We thank all interested candidates. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Indeed - 30+ days ago
Lifetimes Living Inc.
- 5 days ago
Toronto Parks and Trees Foundation
- 5 days ago
Ontario Catholic School Trustees' Association
- 8 days ago
We are seeking team members that are just as passionate as we are about senior living and share our values. At BayBridge, we recognize that...