BayBridge Senior Living is seeking passionate, hands-on people that share our values. All of our team members bring a high-level of understanding and skills related to their respective fields of expertise. BayBridge recognizes the importance of investing in our team's continued development and well-being. We offer training and development, dedicated leadership and a comprehensive compensation package.
Our mission is to provide World Class Stewardship of the relationships entrusted to us by our residents & families, team members and business partners. Our fundamental belief is to build trust, integrity and confidence through every interaction.
- Treating every senior individually with dignity and respect.
- Engaging family, friends and the local community.
- Celebrating the gift of human life daily.
- Serving seniors with passion and joy.
By joining our team you are assuming a significant role in our common commitment in serving our residents.
Leadership Opportunity in Perth, ON
We are currently seeking a Resident Services Coordinator at our Carolina Court community, in Perth, ON. This is an exciting opportunity for a resident centred, driven leader with strong management and relationship building ability.
The Resident Services Coordinator is responsible for supporting the overall operation and interdepartmental team functioning within a neighbourhood of the community. The position is ‘people intensive’, with a substantial component of the job involving maintaining strong resident/family and team member/volunteer relations.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPSONSIBILITIES
- Develops and facilitates programs to meet the needs of the residents within the Memory Care/Assisted Living program ensuring that legislative guidelines and expectations related to retirement and memory care are followed .
- Organizes, facilitates and tracks in-service and continuing education programs for team members.
- Manages the Resident Care Partners in the neighbourhood to ensure resident care, monitoring and appropriate interaction.
- Fosters and maintains a strong relationship with residents and their families.
- Actively participates as a member of a multi-disciplinary management team responsible for resident care and services by:
- interacting with nursing staff to update resident assessment and service plans;
- communicating formally and informally with other department heads as part of the management team; and
- promoting collaboration with members of the multi-disciplinary team to ensure all resources are available and accessible to residents.
- Ensures the integrity, accuracy and timely completion of resident records, reports and assessments.
- Liaises with and provides support to the Life Enrichment Coordinator.
- Liaises and consults with inspectors and professionals in relation to the needs of residents and department activities.
- Diploma from a recognized college related to social services, healthcare or gerontology
- First Aid and CPR certified
- Three (3) years experience working with dementia, including Alzheimer’s and other aging illnesses in a healthcare setting
- Two (2) years organizational management experience
- Seniors’ care, aging, dementia and diversity
- Healthcare issues and memory care services
- Leadership best practices and principles
- Legislative regulations and policies related to retirement care
- Changes in mobility of seniors and mechanical lifting devices
Competencies, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to supervise staff, organize and schedule work functions and motivate a team of professional employees
- Strong oral, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with a wide variety of people
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to resolve contentious or sensitive issues or situations
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook and electronic care systems
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of resident information
- Ability to work in a flexible environment to meet the needs of the residents, including weekend and holiday coverage, as required
- Demonstrates a strong desire to serve seniors and their families
- Open, friendly and responsive
- Able to apply tact, discretion and sound judgement
- Trustworthy, hands-on leader
- Shows initiative and commitment to excellence
- Client service oriented
- Experience with YARDI (electronic care system) preferred
- Nursing background is an asset
- Degree from a recognized university
If you meet the above qualifications and are interested in the position, please apply via email.
We thank all interested candidates. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.