We are looking for an experienced Personal Support Worker enthusiastic to find a challenging position within a retirement community.
If you are flexible, careful, keen, and a lively individual with knowledge of implementing personal support plans which enter on the individual’s welfare, requirements, needs and interests we may have a place for you.
In accordance with applicable policies of the residence and Unregulated Health Professions Act, assists residents with personal care and other administrative related duties. Efficiency and accuracy required in maintaining and implementing care as well as resident health records.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Plans and organizes tasks and care efficiently
2. Plans time to report care issues to registered staff.
3. Plans to adhere to BAYBRIDGE SENIOR LIVING established policies and procedures.
4. Assesses the need for assistance with activities of daily living; bathing, toileting, dressing, grooming, and mobility for assigned residents.
5. Assesses new move-ins frequently to determine actual functioning.
6. Assessed the safety and cleanliness of the resident’s environment, equipment.
7. Assesses adequacy of care for those residents receiving personal care.
8. Assess the resident’s involvement in activities.
9. Intervenes in the provision of personal care, including ADL requirements, incontinence management, collecting and washing laundry, sorting and storing clean laundry, labeling personal items.
10. Intervenes in recording weights, intake and outputs, collection of specimens, under direction of the R.N./R.P.N.
11. Intervenes by escorting residents to social activity programs, appointments, dining room. Promptly answers nursing call systems.
12. Assists with move in, discharge and transfer of residents
13. Intervenes with proper transfer, lifting techniques.
14. Records interventions on flow sheets, and reports to registered staff.
15. Evaluates self on performance daily, seeks guidance and information when required.
16. Evaluates effectiveness of care provided and reports this to registered staff.
17. Evaluates maintenance of equipment and reports malfunctions.
18. Keeps the Director of Health and Wellness promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance and takes prompt corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative courses of action which may be taken.
19. Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner in accordance with established company policies to achieve the overall objectives of the position.
20. Maintains a favourable working relationship with all other company employees and guests to foster and promote a fun and harmonious working climate that maximizes morale, productivity and efficiency.
21. Provides a favourable image of the company at all times to promote its objectives and enhance public recognition of all its areas of endeavour.
22. Evaluates efficiency of completed assignments and tasks as delegated by the Director of Health and Wellness.
Extensive standing and walking. Repeated reaching, squatting, kneeling, bending, pushing and twisting. May be exposed to hazards from bacteria and/or infectious diseases and/or illnesses. May be exposure to biochemical agents. Some stress resulting from frequent interruption of routines and demanding resident care needs and/or requests.
A successful candidate will possess a current first aid and CPR certification.
Please forward your cover letter and resume, in confidence, to:
Diane Soper, RPN
Harvest Retirement Community