We are currently seeking a Part-Time Concierge at Fairwinds Lodge in Sarnia, ON. This is a great opportunity for a candidate that works well independently and prefer a diverse work routine.
The following shift are available:
- Saturday and Sunday 8:00am to 4:00pm
- Saturday and Sunday 4:00pm to 12:00am
The Concierge is the main receptionist for the residence and provides outstanding customer service to residents, their families and visitors in a friendly and professional manner, including greeting residents and visitors graciously.
The Concierge is also responsible for the security and safety of the residents and the community overnight. Some duties include, conducting security checks throughout the building, answering all resident concerns, providing the highest quality of customer service and conducting housekeeping duties in the common areas.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answers all alarms and emergency calls from residents during evening and overnight. Promptly resolves the issue and investigates disturbances.
- Conducts regular security checks of the premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors and windows.
- Answers and directs the telephone in a professional and courteous manner.
- Prepares and receives courier packages.
- Prepares reports and performs routine typing.
- Updates all daily, weekly and monthly residents’ lists and distributes accordingly.
- Ensures that the Concierge desk and surrounding area are kept clean and tidy.
- Distributes all incoming mail.
- Calls residents to confirm doctor appointments, beauty salon, taxi, podiatrist, guest meals, arrival of medication, etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND REQUIRED EXPERIENCE
- One (1) year experience in reception, administration, security or related field
- Multi-line phone system
- General office procedures, practices and equipment
- Computer applications, such as MS Office, electronic billing systems, etc.
- Security best practices, methods and procedures
- Filing systems
- General understanding of the organization, its core values and operations
- Legislative regulations and policies relevant to the work
Competencies, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to respond to inquiries quickly, accurately and professionally
- Strong oral, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with a wide variety of people
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to treat residents and visitors with respect, dignity and care
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Word and Outlook
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of resident information
- Ability to work in a flexible environment to meet the needs of the residents, including weekend and holiday coverage, as required
- Demonstrates a strong desire to serve and care for seniors
- Open, friendly and responsive
- Able to apply tact, discretion and sound judgement
- Trustworthy, courteous, empathetic, patient and friendly
- Shows initiative and commitment to excellence
- Client service oriented
Commensurate with Experience
If you meet the above qualifications and are interested in the position, please send your resume via Indeed. Referrals are welcome.
We thank all interested candidates. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.