BayBridge Senior Living is seeking passionate, hands-on people that share our values. All of our team members bring a high-level of understanding and skills related to their respective fields of expertise. BayBridge recognizes the importance of investing in our team's continued development and well-being. We offer training and development, dedicated leadership and a comprehensive compensation package.
Our mission is to provide World Class Stewardship of the relationships entrusted to us by our residents & families, team members and business partners. Our fundamental belief is to build trust, integrity and confidence through every interaction.
- Treating every senior individually with dignity and respect.
- Engaging family, friends and the local community.
- Celebrating the gift of human life daily.
- Serving seniors with passion and joy.
By joining our team you are assuming a significant role in our common commitment in serving our residents.
Leadership Opportunity in Perth, ON
We are currently seeking an Executive Director at our community, Carolina Suites, in Perth, ON. This is an exciting opportunity for a dedicated leader with a resident centered background with the ability to guide and develop a team.
The Executive Director is responsible for the day-to-day operation of a senior living residence; providing leadership and strategic direction that results in a high level of care for all residents, including overseeing the establishment and implementation of residence priorities and programs, which align to corporate vision, goals and strategic planning initiatives. The Executive Director is responsible for establishing and maintaining positive client relationships with internal and external management and stakeholders, including regulatory authorities, associations, agencies and educational institutions in the community associated with senior living to contribute to the development of a resident-centred culture.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
-Leads the 24/7 operations of a senior living residence and identifies, develops and implements operational plans, programs and services.
-Manages human resources at the facility and directly supervises department heads.
-Manages financial resources of the facility to ensure operational effectiveness.
-Fosters and maintains a strong relationship with residents and their families.
-Provides leadership and direction in upholding the Company’s mission, vision and values.
-Builds and manages effective stakeholder and partner relationships.
-Participates as a member the Senior Management Team to provide input into corporate strategic initiatives and planning and corporate-wide service delivery policies and standards.
- Four (4) year degree in Health Sciences, Health Administration, Social Sciences or related field from a recognized university
- Five (5) years experience in senior living environment
- Three (3) years organizational management and direct leadership experience
- Leadership best practices and principles
- Principles and practices of management in complex, multi-disciplinary organization
- Principles and practices of quality management, risk management and disaster/emergency planning
- Public consultation
- Communication principles and practices in human service organizations
- Corporate values, policies and procedures
- Development and implementation of long range and short term strategies for the facility
- Trends and developments in retirement care
- Policy and program analysis, development, implementation and evaluation techniques
- Contract document preparation, the tendering process and supervision of field services
- Methods used to deal with the media in a professional manner
- Seniors’ care, aging, dementia and diversity
- Healthcare and memory care issues
- Legislative regulations and policies related to retirement care
- Changes in mobility of seniors and mechanical lifting devices
- Must be familiar with all applicable health and safety legislation, have knowledge of any potential or actual danger to health or safety in the work place and have knowledge of appropriate actions to be taken in order to ensure the health and safety of staff
Competencies, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to supervise staff, organize and schedule work functions and motivate a team of professional employees
- Ability to resolve contentious or sensitive issues or situations
- Ability to gather and assess program outcomes and evaluation data and use it to modify services at a facility level
- Strong oral, verbal and interpersonal communication skills; ability to develop and maintain strong, collaborative relationships
- Ability to leverage available resources in innovative ways
- Ability to prepare and administer budgets
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with a wide variety of people
- Excellent organizational, prioritizing and time management skills; ability to delegate responsibility
- Ability to participate with multi-disciplinary corporate and care teams
- Ability to treat residents with respect, dignity and care
- Ability to conduct research to keep abreast of changes in retirement care management, best practices, protocols, standards, etc. and determine the need and mechanisms to incorporate required changes into operations and initiatives
- Critical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook and electronic care systems
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of resident information
- Trustworthy, hands-on leader
- Demonstrates a strong desire to serve and care for seniors
- Open, friendly and responsive
- Able to apply tact, discretion and sound judgement
- Empathetic, diplomatic and professional
- Reliable, innovative, resourceful and adaptable
- Shows initiative and commitment to excellence
- Client service oriented
- Demonstrates integrity, consistency and fairness
- Courses in gerontology, aging or dementia are an asset
- Experience with YARDI (electronic care system) is an asset
If you meet the above qualifications and are interested in the position, please apply online.
We thank all interested candidates. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Indeed - 6 months ago
We are seeking team members that are just as passionate as we are about senior living and share our values. At BayBridge, we recognize that...