BayBridge Senior Living is seeking passionate, hands-on people that share our values. All of our team members bring a high-level of understanding and skills related to their respective fields of expertise. BayBridge recognizes the importance of investing in our team's continued development and well-being. We offer continued training and development, trustworthy leadership and a comprehensive compensation package.
Our mission is to provide World Class Stewardship of the relationships entrusted to us by our residents & families, team members and business partners. Our fundamental belief is to build trust, integrity and confidence through every interaction.
- Treating every senior individually with dignity and respect.
- Engaging family, friends and the local community.
- Celebrating the gift of human life daily.
- Serving seniors with passion and joy.
By joining our team you would be assuming a significant role in our common commitment in serving our residents.
BayBridge Senior Living is seeking a Director of Wellness at Tiffin House in Midland, Ontario.
In accordance with applicable policies of the residence and the Ontario College of Nurses, the Director of Wellness is responsible for the Wellness Department and performs general nursing functions and other administrative related duties. Efficiency and accuracy required in maintaining and implementing nursing care as well as resident health records.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Plans opportunities to develop and interpret company nursing philosophy into practice.
2. Plans for hiring, supervision of adequate mix of professional and non-professional nursing staff. Plans adequate staff coverage, professional and non-professional, to meet the care requirements of the residents.
3. Plans for in-service and continuing education programs for staff to foster growth and development of personnel.
4. Plans and provides orientation programs for new nursing staff.
5. Implements and follows RHRA guidelines and expectations including but not limited to: Quality Assurance and Risk Management, Infection Control and Health and Safety programs, etc.
6. Plans opportunities to communicate formally and informally with other department heads as part of the management team.
7. Plans for opportunity to collaborate with and within community organizations/agencies such as the Community Care Access Centre (CCAC), Alzhiemer’s society, Gerontology mental health unit, etc.
8. Plans budgeting for the department and manages financial constraints.
9. Assesses potential new residents for levels of physical and cognitive functioning and determines level of care, before move in, within 30 days, and as regulations stipulated by the RHRA.
10. Assess staffing patterns and workload to ensure daily care requirements are met to meet the needs of residents.
11. Collaborates with nursing staff in the development of holistic resident care plans, flow sheets, and problem-oriented charting.
12. Provides the interpretation of nursing procedures and policies to residents, families, medical staff, other departments or service providers, as required.
13. Facilitates an environment in which intra-and inter-departmental cooperation is nurtured.
14. Follows protocols for the investigation of team member and resident accident/incident reports.
15. Conducts timely job performance appraisals of all nursing staff.
16. Ensures a hands on approach, through regular visits and assessments of residents and their charts.
17. Evaluates effectiveness of all aspects of health and safety policies within the home, WHMIS, and infection control.
18. Evaluates pharmacy services on an ongoing basis and ensures legislative requirements are being followed utilizing the appropriate quality assurance and risk management tools (i.e. storage of narcotics).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND REQUIRED EXPERIENCE
- Current certificate of competence in good standing from the College of Nurses of Ontario as an R.P.N.
- Courses in Gerontology, or related courses in senior care/dementia is an asset
- Minimum of 3 years experience in organizational management
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prepare and administer departmental budgets
- Accountable to the General Manager
- PSW and General Attendants report to the Director of Wellness
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate care is given by Private Duty staff and CCAC’s community health care workers
- May supervise other departments in the absence of the General Manager
- May assume responsibility for the facility in the absence of the General Manager
- Must be able to work in a flexible environment to meet the needs of the residents, including weekends and holiday
If you meet the above qualifications and are interested in the position, please apply online.
We thank all interested candidates. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.