ABOUT BAYBRIDGE SENIOR LIVING
BayBridge Senior Living is seeking passionate, hands-on people that share our values. All of our team members bring a high-level of understanding and skills related to their respective fields of expertise. BayBridge recognizes the importance of investing in our team's continued development and well-being. We offer training and development, dedicated leadership and a comprehensive compensation package.
Our mission is to provide World Class Stewardship of the relationships entrusted to us by our residents & families, team members and business partners. Our fundamental belief is to build trust, integrity and confidence through every interaction.
- Treating every senior individually with dignity and respect.
- Engaging family, friends and the local community.
- Celebrating the gift of human life daily.
- Serving seniors with passion and joy.
By joining our team you are assuming a significant role in our common commitment in serving our residents.
Nursing Opportunity in Alliston, ON
We are currently seeking a Director of Wellness at our community, Kingsmere Retirement Suites, in Alliston, ON. This is an exciting opportunity for a compassionate, driven individual with strong management and nursing ability.
The Director of Wellness directs all aspects of the Wellness Department and implements, manages and evaluates nursing, infection control and health and safety programs and procedures. The Director contributes to admissions with regard to the resident’s level of care and health needs and provides expert advice on nursing, levels of care, practices and policies, etc.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establishes, maintains and manages the development, delivery and performance of nursing and infection control programs ensuring that applicable legislative guidelines and expectations are followed.
- Develops, maintains and implements resident care plans.
- Provides information and complaint resolution services to residents and their families.
- Orders nursing supplies and maintains inventory.
- Evaluates pharmacy services on an ongoing basis ensuring legislative requirements are being followed utilizing the appropriate quality assurance and risk management tools (i.e. storage of narcotics).
- Maintains complete medical and nursing records management system.
- Follows protocols for the investigation of team member and resident accident/incident reports.
- Organizes and facilitates in-service and continuing education programs related to nursing.
- Manages the Nurses and Medication Care Partners in the Department to ensure resident care, monitoring and appropriate interaction.
- Fosters and maintains a strong relationship with residents and their families by:
- actively interacting with residents, families and guests in a professional, courteous manner;
- ensuring a hands-on approach, through regular visits and assessments of residents and their charts; and
- being available and flexible to resident and family needs, as required.
- Actively participates as a member of a multi-disciplinary team responsible for resident care and services by:
- collaborating with nursing staff in the development of holistic resident care plans, flow sheets and problem-oriented charting;
- communicating formally and informally with other department heads as part of the management team; and
- promoting collaboration with members of the multi-disciplinary team.
- Provides the interpretation of nursing procedures and policies to residents, families, medical staff, other departments or service providers, as required.
- Plans for opportunities to collaborate with and within community organizations/agencies.
- Plans budgeting for the Department and manages financial constraints.
- Four (4) year Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing (BScN) from a relevant university
- Current Registered Nurse Certification in good standing with the College of Nurses in the province of jurisdiction
- First Aid and CPR certified
- Five (5) years experience as a RN in a senior care environment
- Three (3) years organizational management experience
- Seniors’ care, aging, dementia and diversity
- Healthcare and memory care issues
- Leadership best practices and principles
- Legislative regulations and policies related to retirement care
- Changes in mobility of seniors and mechanical lifting devices
- Applicable health and safety legislation
Competencies, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to supervise staff, organize and schedule work functions and motivate a team of professional employees
- Strong oral, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to prepare and administer departmental budgets
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with a wide variety of people
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to treat residents with respect, dignity and care
- Ability to resolve contentious or sensitive issues or situations
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook and electronic care systems
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of resident information
- Ability to work in a flexible environment to meet the needs of the residents, including weekend and holiday coverage, as required
- Demonstrates a strong desire to serve and care for seniors
- Open, friendly and responsive
- Able to apply tact, discretion and sound judgement
- Trustworthy, hands-on leader
- Shows initiative and commitment to excellence
- Client service oriented
- Courses in gerontology, aging or dementia are an asset
- Experience with YARDI (electronic care system) preferred
If you meet the above qualifications and are interested in the position, please apply via email.
We thank all interested candidates. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.