BayBridge Senior Living is seeking an enthusiastic, passionate individual to be a Cook at our Doon Village Retirement Residence in Kitchener, ON working approximately 35 hours/week.
This role is great opportunity for an energetic person with one to two years of related experience in a retirement residence, long-term care residence, hotel or restaurant.
- Turn on all required equipment
- Record fridge temperatures
- Cook off bacon & sausage portions
- Set up steam table with inserts
- Review days menu
- Set up work area with product to be used for service
- Prepare daily hot item
- Prepare 2nd floor products
- Record food temperatures
- Start and complete breakfast service
- Take food samples
- Cook off cookies & muffins for cafe
- During slow periods start lunch prep
- Try to take a 30 min break around 10:30am
- Complete any unfinished lunch prep
- Prepare product for 2nd floor
- Start and complete lunch service
- Clean up work area after service
- Help prep and pull product for the next day
- Make sure any arrived products from suppliers have been checked and put away
The ideal candidate will be personable, have a good work ethic, and the ability to follow department regulations and standards. The successful candidate has successfully completed a Food Handling Course and holds a diploma from a recognized college. Experience with seniors is an asset.
If this position interests you and you are a self-motivated individual who possesses effective communication and organizational skills, is a co-operative team player and meet the above qualifications, please apply online.
We thank all interested candidates. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.