Baxter Healthcare

Baxter Healthcare Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very productive
Handler (Current Employee), Marion, NCFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: benefits, employment advancement, good money
Cons: worked 6 days a week every week. mandatory overtime
It was a challengeing fast pace work place but was a overall fun place to work. My co workers and I become great friends and tend to even meet up outside of the work area. We would challenge each other to who could fill the most bags by the end of the night. I got a job award and was awarded a handler job which left me to run the line on most nights. – more... It had its ups and downs but overall great job! – less
Great Environment
Project Leader (Current Employee), Round Lake, ILJanuary 31, 2014
Baxter Healthcare's work environment is one in a million. It is friendly and welcoming, not stuffy and scary.
Decent place to work
Senior Operations Manager(II) (Former Employee), Round Lake, ILJanuary 30, 2014
Every changing workplace with its challenges with healthcare reform and medical devices. A good company to work for....large scale.
good
Freezer Validation (Former Employee), chicago IlJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: respect
Cons: travel
good place to work,Management will work with you and spend time to resolve any issues
Production oriented company
Filling Operator (Current Employee), Marion, NCJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: paid vacations and holidays
Cons: working 6 days and short breaks
When I first started at Baxter it was VERY overwhelming. Going into a high production yielding company can be that way however. the trainers and supervision do give you the time you need to catch up to speed and learn your job very well before they leave you to it by yourself.
Excellent Experience Opportunity
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee), NationwideJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: secure company
Cons: work life-balance is extremely challenging
If you are willing to work in an ever-changing environment and able to roll with the changes, this company is one you would probably enjoy working for.
It is a great working place to learn Project Management from proof-of-concept stage to product launches.
Senior Program Manager, PMO (Former Employee), Deerfield, ILJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: understanding stakeholder committments.
Cons: change management process
* Conduct meetings with European stakeholders, action plans, and resource assignment.
* Product development, project management tools and planning, building teams, FTEs accountability, risk management, budget control, and working with CMOs.
* The hardest part of the job was the communication in a highly matrix environment.
* Working with teams towards – more... a common goal of meeting Scope, timelines, cost, quality, and customer satisfaction. – less
An Interesting and varied company with good staff but strong top-down culture
Purchasing Category Manager (Former Employee), Newbury, ENGJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: pleasant head office environment, reasonable renumeration.
Cons: no company car
A typical day at work: Support of other departmental staff in their procurement needs such as to guide them through an appropriate procurement exercise or negotiate a purchase price and Ts&Cs. Leading specific procurement projects within my spend categories - some periods spent at manufacturing sites.

A key learning point was the need to understand – more... stakeholder priorities and act with flexibility to deliver solutions with immediate and easily understood benefits so as to build personal and departmental influence.

Management was professional but strongly constrained by top-down direction.

Baxter recruits professional, highly qualified and strongly motivated people and both management and co-worker standards reflected this.

The hardest part of the job was to implement change of long-standing incumbent suppliers who had built strong personal business relations.

The most enjoyable part of the job: Leading procurement for large CAPEX projects - typically at manufacturing and distribution sites. – less
Excellent experience
Main office Clerk (Former Employee), GUAYAMA PRJanuary 20, 2014
At Baxter I made my professional practice. It was so good. They helped me out through all the process. They gave me the tools so I can success. I learned so much working here.
REWARDING PLACE TO WORK
CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST (Current Employee), DEERFIELD ILJanuary 17, 2014
ASSIST PATIENTS PLACING ORDER FOR DIALYSIS SUPPLIES -- SET UP PRESCRIPTIONS --

I TRULY ENJOY SPEAKING WITH PATIENTS
Good company to work with
LEVEL1 Support, IT HELP DESK (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: good work culture
Cons: na
its a good company specially in insurance sector, pays well, takes good care of its employees,management is also good
Very productive, fast paced company..
Customer Service (Former Employee), Fairfield, NJJanuary 15, 2014
how to deal with customers
how to work with large group of people
Safe place to work
Free Trade Zone Coordinator (Current Employee), PRJanuary 14, 2014
Safe place to work. Chances for promotion mainly driven by personal taste or family related position of supervisors
Productive days. Always embarking on new technology and process enhancements.
Quality Associate II - Supervisor (Current Employee), Cleveland, MSJanuary 13, 2014
A typical day at work is based on communicating with direct reports on daily activities, attending meetings for process improvements and project implementation, and working against timelines to ensure target goals are met effectively. We are also a very 6S focused company that strives to constantly elimnate waste and improve our processes.

The hardest – more... part of the job is the amount of multitaksing that is required. We have numerous projects so number one always changes.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the feeling of accomplishment for the projects implemented and the successes from them. – less
Plenty of Opportunities for personal development, but resistance from management
Engineer I (Current Employee), Cleveland, MSJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: typical benefits, lots of development opportunities, good work life
Cons: lack of managment support, lots of employee turnover
Baxter Corporate talks about how employees are allowed to own their development. When I've tried to talk with my manager about opportunities I think can help me develop into the engineer I want to be, they get shot down without any attempt at a counter proposal to help me get to the same point. I enjoy the people I work with and the see a lot of manufacturing – more... processes I can learn through work experiences, but there are more things I want to do to improve them that those opportunites are not supported. Being only exposed to one plant within Baxter may not reflect the managment style of Baxter as a whole. – less
Great work environment
Manufacturing Technician II (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: cafeteria, manageable deadlines, great benefits
Cons: lack of accountability in some employees
Lots of work done on a daily basis. Team working environment that allows plenty of opportunities to learn and advance within the company.
Medical/Pharmaceutical Corporation
Senior Administrative Assistant to VP of Quality (Former Employee), Round Lake, ILJanuary 9, 2014
I worked for Baxter Healthcare for many years. I left the organization due to relocation.
Analytical Chemist (Former Employee), Round Lake, ILJanuary 1, 2014
I enjoyed working at Baxter. There are a lot of good people there.
Worked at Deerfield global headquarters
Contracted Communications Consultant (Former Employee), Deerfield, ILDecember 26, 2013
Within the organization’s Corporate Communications group, functioned as a lead communicator and project manager/strategist for Baxter senior management and key business partners throughout the organization.
High motivational environment to collaborate with colleagues.
Financial Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Miami, FLDecember 25, 2013
Pros: outstanding benefits package.
Cons: no opportunity for growth due to relocation of the division.
Assissted accounting personnel with issues on the daily operations related to the personal and mainframe computers systems.

About Baxter Healthcare

axter International Inc. (NYSE: BAX), is an American health care company with headquarters in Deerfield, Illinois. The company – Read more

Baxter Healthcare Photos