Baxter Healthcare

Baxter Healthcare Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Worst place I have ever worked!
Sample Processing Technician (Former Employee), Lima OHAugust 25, 2014
Pros: non
Cons: everything, pay, hours, management
Work 10+ hr/ days on Mondays and Saturdays (no overtime pay), lucky to get 40/hrs a week. May as well work in a factory it is so hot in the facility with scrubs, lab coat, and constantly running around. Management is awful, they dont care about anything other than stats, they all sit in the office while the center is so busy . You have to be friends – more... with management to get a promotion, and those who do get them typically do not deserve them, or just are not qualified for them. Pay is not worth the hard work you will put into the place. Do not expect to be able to have a normal life, family and friends time is not allowed here. You work 2 morning shifts, and 3 night shifts. Overall, do not work here! – less
would rather work for compass
Food Service Assistant (Former Employee), east midlandsAugust 24, 2014
i think compass are more people orientated. i did not learn anything from working here and management do not listen to workers.the most enjoyable bit was going home at night.
Need Better Management
Business Operations (Current Employee), Deerfield, ILAugust 21, 2014
Pros: short commute
Cons: work environment
Their management definitely could use some educating on how to treat the employees. Very demeaning and also does not train employees on the job. Nothing positive to say.
Productive company to work
Human Resources Sr. Analyst (Former Employee), MexicoAugust 18, 2014
Goal achievement
Work life Balance
Rich induction program
Productive workplace where everyday illustrated human needs
Dir., Baxter Institute for Trng. & Dev. (Former Employee), Deerfield, ILAugust 15, 2014
Pros: relevant industry
Cons: extensive travel
A lot of travel to provide Supervisors and Managers with skills to productively manage their workforce and achieve results.
Biolife Medical Supervisor
RN-Medical Supervisor (Former Employee), Mentor, OHAugust 11, 2014
Pros: great benefit package
Cons: fda and ema regulation driven environment
Conducting physical screenings of donors
Conducting Post Donation Investigations
Most enjoyable part of job is knowing that the plasma will help save lives
Productive and enjoyable workplace.
Production Assembler (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 11, 2014
Pros: saving bonds
Cons: if you miss a day in the week you loose vacation time
Getting alone with over. Doing with is ask of me, Getting the job done, Following safe policy. Company picnic.
Ita an employee friendly company.
Key Account Manager (Current Employee), Kochi, KLAugust 9, 2014
Baxter is one of the best company I have ever worked in. My job is to meet the nephrologists and promote the PD therapy. It is a very good concept as here we are competing with hemodailysis, as the management of the hospital is against PD therapy. So we have to convince the dr in getting patients for therapy. Our management is very supportive always – more... engages the key customers in various academic and scientific forums. My coworkers include clinical coordinators who will visit the patients and give them thetraining on how to do dialysis at home. They train them and also give monthly visits and give the follow-up feedback to drs along with sales team.
The hardest part of the job is the stocks issues. Once in a while we have to face it when patients call us for getting the stocks and we need to manage it through the other patients. The most enjoyable part is to see the patient and their family being happy after starting the therapy as they dont need to go to hospital for dialysis and can do it fro their homes. – less
Misleading, dishonest leadership, degrading environment
Senior Plasma Center Technician (Former Employee), Harrisonburg, VAJuly 24, 2014
Pros: benefits, interaction with the donors, and the aspect of helping those in need.
Cons: poor management and supervision, short breaks, toxic (mental and emotional abusive) environment, no accountability for poor behaviors of those in leadership positions.
I loved my job and thought it was important for those in need. I worked there almost 7 years. I am not a disgruntled employee. In fact I was more disgruntled while I worked there. The management there is poor. When the new manager took over, we got an award for lowest company turnover. With in the last 8 months, 17 people have left. The supervisors – more... belittle people in front of other employees and worse yet, in front of donors. When they are approached about their behavior, nothing is done. They have not done anything wrong and it is all your fault. They talk and gossip about the employees which creates a hostile and biased environment. Recently they have hired young, attractive girls into positions, and have made comments about the older (age wise, not employment length) workers there. The manager sits in his office and does not address issues and lets his supervisors run the business, and they often times do not realize they are doing things that are unethical and could be considered discriminatory. If you speak up for yourself, you are negative and non-compliant.There is little to no positive recognition of what you do. If they actually do thank you today, you will be wrong tomorrow. When a supervisor can raise her voice at an employee and tell them to shut up in front of other employees and donors, yet there is nothing done, there is a problem. It has been vocalized that this is a good job to have if you don't have kids. This is the environment at the Harrisonburg Virginia Biolife. – less
poor management
Cnc Lathe setup (Former Employee), Jackson, MIJuly 15, 2014
shop was dirty, employee turn over, insurance didn't cover anything
was a good place to work.
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Marion, NCJuly 14, 2014
Pros: lots of free lunches, and other activites.
Cons: short breaks, not enough advancement within the company.
learned a lot of skills. most management was fair. most co-workers were nice. made a lot of friends. enjoyed my work. hardest part was going at break neck speeds.
ALERT SECURITY GUARD
Security Guard (Former Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAJuly 12, 2014
Pros: lunch
Cons: healthcare
security guard need to be on the lookout at all times, learning to give necessary actions in any problems occur to take pride on giving all my cares to the company by being alert hardest part is when caught people in trouble most enjoyable is serving customer
Baxter
Technical Writer/Consultant (Current Employee), Round Lake, ILJuly 8, 2014
Baxter is a wonderful place to work. There are plenty of opportunities for advancement and networking. The salary and benefits were great.
Decent Job
Quality Lab Associate (Current Employee), Cleveland, MSJuly 6, 2014
Very much no work/life balance. A stable place to work to retire from, have to know people to get in and move up in ranks.
.NET LEAD (Current Employee), Vernon Hills, ILJuly 1, 2014
• Around 9+ years of professional software development experience in the area of Internet related Technologies, implicated in design, development and maintenance. Experience as a Software Engineer/Analyst, in the area of Analysis, Design, Development, Testing, support, Implementation of n-tier applications.
• Expertise in .NET framework encompassing – more... C#.Net, ASP.NET, VB.NET, ADO.NET, ADO.NET Entity Framework, XML/XSL/XSLT,.Net Remoting and Web Services.
• Hands on Experience in Designing, Developing, Maintaining and supporting Web Applications using Visual Studio .NET, ASP.NET, C#.NET, VB.NET, ADO.NET.
• Experience in working with HTML Controls, Web Custom Controls, Web User Controls, Master Pages and ASP.NET Web Forms.
• Proficient in SQL, T-SQL, PL/SQL and RDBMS Concepts, Database Programming, Object Oriented Concepts, creation of Stored Procedures, Triggers, Views, SSIS packages, Functions and maintaining SQL Jobs.
• Experience in importing/exportingdata between different sources like Oracle/Access/Excel etc. using SSIS/DTS utility.
• Knowledge of Windows Workflow Foundation (WWF), Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) and Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) and Model View controller (MVC) , Service Oriented Architecture(SOA), JQuery, Language-Integrated Query(LINQ), Share point. Strong Knowledge of Object Oriented Programming (OOPS) and Designing.
• Expertise in development of Windows and Web based applications, Knowledge in COM and DCOM Objects.
• Expertise with ADO.NET objects such as connection object, command object, Data Reader Object, Dataset Object and Data Adapter Object.
• Experience in using SSIS tools like Import and Export Wizard, Package Installation, and SSIS Package Designer
• Have been involved in several sessions to gather system requirements from various Interfacing Teams at different client places, also experienced in interacting with end users and gathering business requirements.
• Involved in deployment of the application and client releases.
• Worked as Project lead at Onsite-offshore model projects and instrumental in supporting Pharma Covigilance and Energy applications
• Received multiple Power up’s Appreciation for exceeding the expectations of my role and commendable performance from my customers.
• Cited by supervisor as “a perfect team player who has an excellent attitude to learn”. – less
Better Working Culture
Key Account Manager / MD-IVCC (Current Employee), Agra, UPJuly 1, 2014
Pros: transperancy
Cons: nothing
Familiar Working Culture. Team helps a lot at time time of need.
Frienly enviroment
assembler (Former Employee), Guayama, PRJune 30, 2014
I work for them for a shot period of time, during that time i had a pleasant time, company has a lot of activities for the employees.
N/A
QC Analyst I/II to Present (Former Employee), Newbury Park CAJune 29, 2014
Job is fairly secure and opportunities for advancments are available from time to time. culture varies for each department and so does management attitude/skills.
Very Disappointing! Misleading job schedule. Team leaders are arrogant and act like they are so much better than everyone else.
Plasma Center Technician (Former Employee), Stevens Point, WIJune 25, 2014
Pros: pay was ok, some employees were nice.
Cons: breaks when they dictate, floor supervisors are on a power trip, no days off during the week even if you work part-time, donors treated like cattle, hot working conditions, no consistent work schedule to follow.
I was told I was hired for part-time work however when I started working I was informed I would not be given any days off unless I used PTO. So basically they own you! You are scheduled everyday for some hours and usually all the undesired closing hours so you will be working 12-8 or later some nights.
Most people are not happy that work here, they – more... act like it in front of Management however when Management isn't around they talk about how much they hate and can't wait to leave.

You may be scheduled until close which is 8 or later by the time you get ALLOWED to leave after all of your tasks are complete then the next day you need to be back there at 5:45 am.

I have many years of work experience and many different roles and jobs. This by far was the worst, I felt like donors are just a number and I worked in a prison. – less
Intense and challenging workplace but with moderate reward
LA Manufac. Development Program Process Engineer (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 24, 2014
Pros: great employees, constant challenges
Cons: stressful workplace, low compensation/rewards
Baxter is a great place to work if you want to push yourself. Although the job description may start off standard, you can continually add different assignments and responsibilities that can flesh out your knowledge and on-hand experience as soon as you can.

The drawback mostly includes compensation and headcount. Although you can push yourself to – more... round out your career here at Baxter, there may not necessarily be a position that'll fit your new skills and knowledge. Therefore, it could take years before an appropriate position can open up. Along the way, the raises and bonuses are minimal, especially for first line supervisors and below. – less

About Baxter Healthcare

axter International Inc. (NYSE: BAX), is an American health care company with headquarters in Deerfield, Illinois. The company – Read more

Baxter Healthcare Photos