Baxter Healthcare Employee Reviews

Excellent Company
Operations Coordinator/Customer Care Rep (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 March 2014
There was never a dull moment here. My co-workers were amazing to work with, if you needed anything you just had to ask. Team Work and also the ability to work independently was an extremely important roll.

Baxter is a fast paced environment and you are always on your toes. The management team was always there to help in any way possible.
Pros
Team environment
Cons
only contract work
have a fair management
Production Filling and Mixing technician (Former Employee) –  Canlubang Laguna Philippines1 March 2014
I have experienced to work with different people of different attitude,I've learned to handle difficult things with regards to my work.
We work together with one team.
Encountered a trouble or machine down during production that i can't fix because of inadequate training.
I've been a happy employee for being a part of a team. Everybody worked together to resolve the problem that we having encounter .
Company cutting costs aggressively! Hiring more contractors!
Finance & Supply Chain (Former Employee) –  Mississauga17 February 2014
Don't come here on a contract. The change of getting permanent is very slim/small. The Canadian office in Mississauga is aggressively cutting costs extensively and hiring more contractors to save on costs/head count. People are being let go from management to analyst level especially in Finance. Many jobs are being outsourced to Costa Rica. Only join the company if you are offered a permanent job upfront. The next few years, the company will go through tough times with more massive cost cutting. If you have a choice to work at a more stable company, go for it. Don't come here unless this is your best option....Company is going through massive cost cutting, not adding head count but cutting head count instead!
Pros
free coffee, work life balance (so far)
Cons
A fast paced environment but fun place to work and learn.
Accounts Payable Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, Ont21 October 2013
A wonderful place to work where every body is so warm, friendly and helping. When a new member is on board, every body ensures the new member is comfortable and becomes part of the working group in very short time. The management is flexible and encourages innovation and open to the new ideas and smarter way of doing things.
Co-workers are great and every body follows the company values and vision.
The company had good benfits and perks and fun activites are arranged number of times through out the year.
The company has a very fast paced environment therefore one has to be very focsued on meeting deadlines and other challenges.
Personally I have learned a lot and has made lot of friends and build relationships with my customers.
I have trully enjoyed working with the company and will always wish them the best.
Pros
Good Benefits, Company shares and free lunches
Cons
Long hours and work life balance
Great colleagues
SUPPLY CHAIN PROFESSIONAL / BUYER (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ON24 June 2013
Great colleagues, opportunity to learn, large global organization,
Not a great company to work for
Nurse Network Educator (Former Employee) –  Based out of Mississauga Ontario14 May 2013
This is not a company that values creativity or dedication to quality of employees. Extensive travel is required and takes you away from having a life outside of work. Their expectation is that employees are robots rather than having expertise and adjusting instruction based on learner needs. There is also no job security as they are contract based. Worst decision of my life to take a position with them
fun workplace
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 October 2012
Good management , friendly atmosphere , team work and productivity
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
Modern facility, latest information technology
Home Patient Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 September 2012
These 11 years spent at Baxter were challenging as I had a large portfolio of hospitals and patients. I enjoyed the fast pace of working with professional medical staff.
Pros
professional environment
Cons
conversion to call center
Productive and fun workplace
Administrative Assistant (Contract) (Former Employee) –  4 Robert Speck Parkway, Missisauga7 August 2012
I enjoyed working with the Pharmacovigilance team. I had to send faxes on a daily basis to the Ministry of Health. I enjoyed working with the Director for RAPV and her team. I prepared Agendas and presentations as per her request.

I completed a registration and reservation for the Director of the Pharmacovigilance who attended a Seminar Downtown Toronto with Hotel accommodation.

I received acknowledgement for the job and though it was a six month's contract - I enjoyed working with the staff and the Directors as well
Pros
free coffee
Cons
no issues
I loved working at Baxter
line worker (Former Employee) –  Alliston4 January 2012
Baxter was a great place to work the people and the management as well as the group leaders were absolutley amazing to work for and with.
Pros
always incentives to do better.
Cons
the midnight shift and it was short term contract
environnement de travail divertissent
commis de production (Former Employee) –  Saint-Hyacinthe, QC7 November 2016
J'ai appris à structurer le magasin avec rapidité et efficacité et ce dans un contexte plutôt amusant.
Pros
l'ambiance ludique
Cons
emplois inon permanents et de courte durée
bien
Responsable du quart de fin de semaine (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QC19 March 2016
très bien belle condition de travail .j'était polyvalente .endroit stérile j'ai appris la propreté être capable de travaillée en équipe ,
Pros
endroit trés bien organiser et avantage sociaux trés bien
Cons
fermeture
Equipe de gestionnaire dynamique
Superviseur (Current Employee) –  St-Hyacinthe13 February 2015
Chez Baxters, c'est la planification de la production, planification de la main d'œuvre, voir à ce que le Kanban, 5S soient respectés. Amélioration continue est de rigueur. Bonne collaboration entre gestionnaires.
Pros
A l'écoute de toute les idées pour amélioration
Communication et développement à Baxter
3-Souci permanent d’agir rapidement et
avec discipline
4- Respect des individus et des diverses
contributions émanant des autres
Pros
Assurance Groupe
Cons
carburant (transport)
Travail valorisant...
Préposée à l'assemblage (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, Québec31 October 2012
J'ai été à l'emploi de la Corporation Baxter pendant 28 ans. L'usine a fermé ses portes en décembre 2011, c'est la seule raison pourquoi je n'y travaille plus....
J'adorais mon travail qui était de fabriquer des tubulures intraveineuses pour les hôpitaux. Je trouvais mon travail valorisant puisqu'il consistait à fabriquer des produits pour aider les gens.
J'aimais le travail répétitif et le fait de travailler autant en groupe qu'individuellement.
Pros
bon salaire et avantages sociaux...
Cons
le changement de superviseurs à répétition....
Exemple : Environnement de travail a retravailler
chauffeur de chariot élévateur (Former Employee) –  st-hyacinthe26 July 2012
ma journée de travail consiste a la réception et expédition de matière première
aucune opportunité d'avancement
l'aspect le plus difficile la chaleur
le plus agréable c'est conduire un chariot élévateur